Milan's Financial Position
#71
(05-24-2018, 01:35 PM)reza Wrote: No and why should I? As I have said public doubts didn't help and still won't help. A high profile person like him should help behind the scenes if he sees doubts, otherwise be diplomatic.

Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion, just to confirm my question wasn't intended to be pointed if that's how it seemed.

That said, I do think Maldini was justified in what he said and the reason is I think current events show his doubts clearly weren't unfounded. Right now I think had he been involved his head would be on the chopping block (as are the heads of the management right now). Had he not publicly spoken his views back then, I also think it would have been detrimental to his personal image at the time.
Reply
#72
I don't know about anyone else, but Berlu's image and reputation has been tarnished forever in my books. At one point, I was completely in favor of naming the stadium after him and build him a statue. Now, I don't think we should do that at all despite all the successes he has had with us. I am not heart broken over the fact that he left or that he didn't exactly have great years his last few years here. Those things happen. But the way he tossed Milan aside like a piece of trash and just dumped us with a horrendous ownership group for his personal gain cannot and will not be forgiven.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the BOD kicking out Li. For one, like everyone's been saying, they don't really have the power to do that. For however dire the Yonghong financial situation looks, he has not actually defaulted on his loans yet. And because of that, Elliott or BOD cannot just remove him from ownership as if he has. BOD can apply pressure to Yonghong, but that doesn't really mean anything either. It's basically like a mother telling her 30 year old daughter to get married. She can certainly say it and apply pressure on her daughter, but makes zero difference if her daugher doesn't want to hear or do it.
Reply
#73
(05-24-2018, 05:18 PM)slifersd Wrote: I don't know about anyone else, but Berlu's image and reputation has been tarnished forever in my books. At one point, I was completely in favor of naming the stadium after him and build him a statue. Now, I don't think we should do that at all despite all the successes he has had with us. I am not heart broken over the fact that he left or that he didn't exactly have great years his last few years here. Those things happen. But the way he tossed Milan aside like a piece of trash and just dumped us with a horrendous ownership group for his personal gain cannot and will not be forgiven.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the BOD kicking out Li. For one, like everyone's been saying, they don't really have the power to do that. For however dire the Yonghong financial situation looks, he has not actually defaulted on his loans yet. And because of that, Elliott or BOD cannot just remove him from ownership as if he has. BOD can apply pressure to Yonghong, but that doesn't really mean anything either. It's basically like a mother telling her 30 year old daughter to get married. She can certainly say it and apply pressure on her daughter, but makes zero difference if her daugher doesn't want to hear or do it.

imo, Silvio used Milan for his political career and votes.
Reply
#74
(05-24-2018, 11:23 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:  Just a quick question to those who criticised Maldini for rejecting the return to the club last summer. Have you changed your view following the shit show regarding our ownership this past year?

From the beginning, I was certain of it, and I mentioned it here too that Maldini knew something we didn't, except he didn't know all the details. Let's not forget that it would take A LOT for a loyal guy like Maldini to say no to joining the club. He has been itching to. 

For me, that was the first minus against the Chinese ownership. And as we al know, it has all gone downhill since then. Maldini is not to be blamed at all.
Reply
#75
Milan China deputy director Zhang wei has reached an agreement with the Chinese government to build a sport park ( with a stadium and football facilities ) in the area of Mexei Lake Park.
Reply
#76
(05-25-2018, 07:27 AM)somedevil Wrote: From the beginning, I was certain of it, and I mentioned it here too that Maldini knew something we didn't, except he didn't know all the details. Let's not forget that it would take A LOT for a loyal guy like Maldini to say no to joining the club. He has been itching to. 

For me, that was the first minus against the Chinese ownership. And as we al know, it has all gone downhill since then. Maldini is not to be blamed at all.

For me the biggest problem is that we didn't qualify for CL. With CL money than we won't even need to have this discussion...
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Reply
#77
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/artic...ssion=true
Reply
#78
I of course do not know any insider information. But it sure seems like Elliott is pretty confident with Li's ability to pay the loan back. They could easily just let him forfeit and take control of the club to be sold to the highest bidder and recoup their cash. But this gesture makes it looks much more like they are trying to keep the doors open for us when they didn't have to.
Reply
#79
(05-25-2018, 12:15 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: For me the biggest problem is that we didn't qualify for CL. With CL money than we won't even need to have this discussion...

Not really. Li needed € 300 m loan from Elliot to complete his purchase. Whereas last year Juve topped the UCL prize money in the amount of € 100 m.

So even if we manage to win UCL, we will face the same problem nevertheless.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Reply
#80
It’s reported Milan owner Yonghong Li could be granted a further €35m loan from hedge fund Elliott Management.
The Chinese businessman had to borrow around €180m to complete his takeover of the Rossoneri, with the club itself owing €123m through two bonds listed in Vienna.
Now Il Sole 24 Ore is reporting that Elliott is prepared to offer a further €35m, raising the debt of holding company Rossoneri Sport Investment, the club’s holding company, to €215m.
That money could be used to meet commitments made on capital increases, with a total of €30m pledged before June, €10m of which is to be paid by March 23.
While this would increase the debt owed by Li, it can be seen as a sign that the hedge fund isn’t worried about his ability to repay them.
So far the owner has always honoured his commitments, even if the last capital increase of €3m was delayed by around 10 days.
It now remains to be seen whether Li will take another loan from Elliott, or seek to raise the money through his own resources in China.
However, Il Sole 24 Ore also reports that the Diavolo owner has a €7m loan from Teamway International, which has been used to inject capital into Milan.
The €7m loan was due to be repaid on February 28, but it was extended with a 24 per cent interest rate with a guarantee from Li’s wife.
A sum of €3m was due to be paid yesterday, otherwise the interest rate could rise to 42 per cent.
Reply