Summer transfer window 2018
I don't think we'll do Bonucci + 10 for Caldara. It would mean that we will record a significant loss on Bonucci.

The only way this deal works, accounting wise, is to treat the deals separately. Juventus "overpays" for Bonucci and we record the gain. Then we "overpay" for Caldara by something similar to what our gain on Bonucci is. For us, we probably don't want to be out more cash then what the gain is. Juventus on the other hand are just being greedy as they'll record a gain on Caldara no matter what.
(07-25-2018, 11:25 AM)SkyEdge Wrote: You do realise for like a gazillion years.. Milan as an institution has not been able to balance the books.. even when we were going to UCL semis on an almost yearly basis.. and quarters later on.. hell.. we didnt have profits even when we won the ucl..

The image of milan now isnt very appealing due to the off field nonsense we are always in.. ffp is another pain in our ass.. we're not a very attractive team in an attractive league..

For us to actually have any sort of warchest.. we need our own stadium.. our team needs to be in ucl.. and hopefully go far.. we need things to excite fans to actually wanna buy our merchandise.. to be honest.. im embarassed to be wearing the milan shirt since like 3 or 4 years ago.. we were fast becoming a joke of a clubs thanks to how galliani spoke to the media about our champions and mr x's.. and our results.. this year being rock bottom.. we spent 200m and got our butts handed to us in league and arsenal who arent even good..
Sure, we are not same power house that we were back in the day, and the league in itself is miles away from it’s status back in the 80s and 90s. Our problem has always been overspending on salaries, while not being able to profit much from ticketsales, TV deals sponsorships etc. Galliani and Berlusconi ran this club to the ground, and we are still dealing with the aftermath.
I agree with you in all of that, what I don’t agree to is that the club is in financial shambles. In fact the financial state of the club is better than it has been for a long time, and I am convinced that we will see a lot of improvements to the structure during Elliot’s ownership since their only interest is to make the asset as valuable as possible.
The Benatia and Pjaca story made me laugh. We need to make our stance clear, if Juve want Bonucci, Caldara has to be part of the deal.
Leonardo has to play it hard with Marotta. Benatia, Pjaca and so on, can be swapped only for Kalinic or Montolivo.
Either Caldara or Higuain, or Bonucci stays where he is

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
They have no bargaining power with Pjaca. The other team interested in him is Fiorentina and I doubt they'll pay a lot. I can see Pjaca going on another Loand+option deal somewhere. At that point, I would be interested in him. I know this is probably not a popular opinion, but I still believe in Pjaca's talent and ability. I don't care that he chose Juventus over Milan 2 years ago. That ACL set him back a lot, but he is still one of the better dribblers and direct players around. People for example were wanting to spend big money on Pavon, but imo Pjaca is a much better direct player. He needs to stay healthy and needs to play. Again, no way would I except him in the Bonucci deal, but as a separate one where we likely get to loan him with an option to buy him.

I would make this deal to Juventus......Big Grin
1. You buy Bonucci from us for 40M. (means we recognize a gain on the books for 6.4M)
2. We will immediately buy Caldara from you for 46.4 mil. (means that our gain + cash received washes out the Caldara fee and we are only out 6.4 mil cash, however it will all be reversed once we save about 6-7M from Bonucci's wages. At the same time, Juventus recognizes a big gain on Caldara and gets 6.4 mil cash. They probably don't care too much about the cash as much as they care about the gain)
3. Because we are valuing Caldara higher then Bonucci and that's really not the case in reality, however we are doing you a favor here by overvaluing Caldara....you will give us Pjaca on a Loan + Option to buy deal.
4. Higuain can be dealt with separately later on once we dump off Bacca and Kalinic.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it seems like Juventus are desparate to get rid of Higuain. Looks like they want to get him off their books, but no club out there is willing to meet their demand, hence why they are trying to package him up with Rugani to Chelsea or Caldara to Milan. I say screw them. We either take Caldara or we sell Bonucci to PSG/United (if rumors are true that they are interested).

Lastly, I would be eternally grateful to Leonardo if he manages to use his Brazilian magic and charm to somehow convince Douglas Costa and involve him in this deal! Big Grin I know, I know.....asking for too much as Juventus will never agree and they probably value him at 80+M..........BUT this is the beauty of the transfer market. We get to dream. Big Grin
(07-24-2018, 10:58 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: 35 goals in 91 appearances last two seasons. Probably a lot of them not even full matches. He's not hopeless by any means. But he'll be expensive though.

Alternatives? Batshuayi, Belotti? I mean, with €50-60 million there must be plenty of alternatives?

€60-€70m and an €8m wage after tax.If he has a goal in 3 with Real and Chelseas creators wingers forwards then Id expect at best a goal in every 4/5 with Milan af in EL games youre looking at massive massive money for a 10 goal striker.Its not good enough , as was said before he isnt a wise move not when we need 25 goals minimum from or CF ofcourse no ones a guarantee but some are more a safe bet than others.
Who is better between Rugani and Caldera?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-25-2018, 02:42 PM)Siregar Wrote: Who is better between Rugani and Caldera?

I prefer Caldara
(07-25-2018, 02:42 PM)Siregar Wrote: Who is better between Rugani and Caldera?

I think they both have top class potential. Rugani did with Empoli a few years ago what Caldara just did with Atalanta the past 2 years. Problem for Rugani is that he didn't translate that with Juventus. Not necessarily that he failed, but because he wasn't really given the chance and was never treated like a starter. Having said that, when he played, I think his performances were very good. 

It remains to be seen if Caldara can go to a top club and cement a place in the first 11. If he goes to Juventus, I can see the same fate as Rugani had......appreciated and good performer but never looked as a first 11 player. If he comes to us, then he will become a Romagnoli very quickly. 

I guess I didn't answer your question as to who I think is better.....but that's because I don't think either one is better than the other. Just at a different point in their career. Given the chance, I'd personally sign either one.
(07-25-2018, 03:05 PM)nefremo Wrote: I think they both have top class potential. Rugani did with Empoli a few years ago what Caldara just did with Atalanta the past 2 years. Problem for Rugani is that he didn't translate that with Juventus. Not necessarily that he failed, but because he wasn't really given the chance and was never treated like a starter. Having said that, when he played, I think his performances were very good. 

It remains to be seen if Caldara can go to a top club and cement a place in the first 11. If he goes to Juventus, I can see the same fate as Rugani had......appreciated and good performer but never looked as a first 11 player. If he comes to us, then he will become a Romagnoli very quickly. 

I guess I didn't answer your question as to who I think is better.....but that's because I don't think either one is better than the other. Just at a different point in their career. Given the chance, I'd personally sign either one.

So, Rugani has at least played in big club.

I was asking because Juve want to sell Rugani (news said he has agreed personal term with Chelsea only lack of agreement between Juve and Chelsea), which means there is possibility to also get Rugani (reportedly for 50 mil euros).
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta