Summer transfer window 2018
I still think we would get one CM like others said. It is quite odd if Leo and Maldini did not notice of our biggest problem last season which also has been mentioned by the coach: we lacked services for the strikers. We need high quality CM in the midfield in 4-3-3 assuming Hakan still LW which I am ok with it. If we want to switch to 4-2-3-1 we still need one winger with Hakan take spot behind lone striker while Castillejo should be backup for our wingers.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Siregar, how do you expect to get a CM without making the Laxalt deal? Rabiot is our best bet and if we can't get him then we should go for Draxler
Making more sense if Laxalt deal is to get rid of Bertolacci.. and maybe Leo is intensely talking to PSG for Rabbiot, payment is split over few seasons Smile
(08-15-2018, 01:47 AM)Siregar Wrote: I still think we would get one CM like others said. It is quite odd if Leo and Maldini did not notice of our biggest problem last season which also has been mentioned by the coach: we lacked services for the strikers. We need high quality CM in the midfield in 4-3-3 assuming Hakan still LW which I am ok with it. If we want to switch to 4-2-3-1 we still need one winger with Hakan take spot behind lone striker while Castillejo should be backup for our wingers.

If the rumours are true, then they've identified SMS as the ideal CM but it's difficult because of FFP.  I think they know what they're doing but you gotta let em work.  I also think you're crazy if you think Castillejo is a backup..
(08-15-2018, 02:16 AM)edysim Wrote: Making more sense if Laxalt deal is to get rid of Bertolacci..

Possibly.  I've been reading that Laxalt can even play LW.  So we're getting a player that can play any position on the left.  Smart signing
It's looking like Rabiot will go to Barca or Liverpool

I still think we make one more signing. Draxler possibly
Laxalt only makes sense if RR (or Strinic, but I doubt it) is leaving. There is absolutely no need for all 3 of Laxalt, RR and Strinic. Laxalt CAN play as a LM and LW, but not necessarily good. I don't think we are interested in him because he can play in those positions. I don't think we need him for those positions and I don't think he adds anything great in those positions.

I really think this idea was born out of the fact that Genoa owe us 11mil for Lapadula and that there is probably concrete interest from PSG for RR. It's clear that PSG wants a LB and they've been courting Sandro for a while. Problem is that Juventus won't let him go unless they sign a replacement, which they seem to want Marcelo for but that seem close to impossible now and time is running out. I think once PSG realize they can't get Sandro, RR is probably next on the list. Laxalt has kind of perfectly fallen in our hands in the meantime and we don't even have to pay anything for him. So it works out perfectly that we get Laxalt for "free" (well not quite as we are essentially spending 11mil + possibly Berto for him) and we get to either make cash on RR or use him in an exchange.

So imo,
1. RR to PSG for cash or exchange if they are open to letting Rabiot go. They might actually be as I'm not so sure they can spend any money this summer, so this might be a way for them to get their LB and put to use a player whose contract is coming to an end and will almost certainly sign for Barcelona on a free otherwise.
2. Laxalt to Milan for that 11mil that we are owed and I'm sure there will be a little sum added to it or Bertolacci (ideally) as Laxalt is worth more than 11mil and that's fair.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't accept the 11mil we are owed. I would instead grant Genoa an extension on their payment until next season and in return for this favor I'd ask for Laxalt on loan while we also allow Bertolacci to go back there on loan for another year. You can include some sort of options or whatever in there, but the deal in principal suits us the best this way. We get rid of Berto's salary, we get Laxalt for a year until we see what happens and in the meantime we are still to collect that 11mil next season. If they disagree, fuck them. They need to pay up the 11mil and they can keep Laxalt.
(08-15-2018, 02:25 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: If the rumours are true, then they've identified SMS as the ideal CM but it's difficult because of FFP.  I think they know what they're doing but you gotta let em work.  I also think you're crazy if you think Castillejo is a backup..


I think, that the rumors are true about SMS. Lazio ruled out offers for SMS and Leo said, that we can not sign him due to the budget. But the rumors are still around.

I would really love SMS but tbh I don’t think he will be one of us by the end of the week.


Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
We'll see how it plays out but I don't think the Laxalt signing is a mindless one
(08-15-2018, 02:57 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: We'll see how it plays out but I don't think the Laxalt signing is a mindless one


Can totally agree with that. Leo and Maldini aren’t the ones to make mindless signings.

Even if he is just a backup, he is a decent backup which we will need. Still think forward guys. FFP still got our asses, it is likley they will give us a transferban. With RR (I do hope not; but to be realistic) possible to leave and leaving us without the possibility to sign a replacement would be a horrible situation.



Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk