Summer mercato 2021
James is worth a shot. Guy clearly has a ton of talent and can be a difference maker when he is on his game. Whether or not we can be the team that unlocks it, we will have to see. But for 10m, that's a gamble worth taking.

Countinho was really good two years ago playing for Bayern. Every time he stepped into the game, he created something or scored himself. Another high ceiling player that we wouldn't have a chance at if he didn't have his injury issues.

I don't think I want Bakayoko, tbh. I feel like he doesn't fit he profile that I would like from that role. He has no upside left any more and isn't a consistent enough player to deploy as a backup to one of the most irreplaceable guys on the team in Kessie. I would much rather Kamara from Marseille, if we can bag him for 15m, that would be a huge steal.
(07-01-2021, 11:35 PM)slifersd Wrote: James is worth a shot. Guy clearly has a ton of talent and can be a difference maker when he is on his game. Whether or not we can be the team that unlocks it, we will have to see. But for 10m, that's a gamble worth taking.

Which happens to be once every 4 years and only in yellow jersey!  Icon_lol2

But I don't totally disagree. He's twice as talented as Hakan. So already there, that's an improvement. 
All in all, he may be worth a shot. But not sure why I should expect for him to give more then what he gave at Real, Bayern or Everton.....which wasn't much at all.

Coutinho is different imo. He was brilliant at Liverpool. Insanely good. Which is why Barca paid that crazy money for him. He lost his way at Barca...but everyone gets overshadowed by Messi there. You either fit in Messi's way...or you don't. He was also great at Bayern to start with...then injuries killed his time there. 

Both Coutinho and James are risks. High salary, high injury rates. You get talent, but don't know how much of it will show on the field. For me, Coutinho is less of a risk because he's actually performed at the club level and we can blame injuries for his inconsistency. James on the other hand...yes, injuries have been there....but with or without, he's simply failed to do anything out of a Colombia jersey.

In other rumors....Atalanta has apparently started negotiations with us for Pobega according to Di Marzio. Rumor of 15M. Same with Hauge and Eintracht, who seem to have joined Wolfsburg in the chase.
(07-01-2021, 09:50 PM)ac.michael Wrote: James Rodriguez to Milan apparently a done deal. Transfer fee undisclosed but it's said that it's in the 10-15m range.

Contract for 3 years worth 15m+3m in bonuses (1m per season based on performance). So essentially 5m+1m in bonus per year. I mean, I'd much rather pay James Rodriguez 5m per season instead of that stupid Hakan. Just we are paying a transfer fee while Hakan left for free.

Apparently Coutinho for 35m paid in instalments is still on the cards even after the James signing. Well we certainly won't be short of big names for next season

Priority for midfield will be Pessina + Bakayoko. Agreement close to being reached for Giroud+Yoko with Chelsea. Pessina will be negotiated after the Euro.

Another rumour is that we are open to selling Leao, with Adli already lined up to replace him for much cheaper figure.

I like James. Not a world beater like he was made out to be but I like him nonetheless. That being said. Coutinho is better but as has already been said, they're both high risk. 

Pessina would be a great pickup and Bakayoko would be a good depth signing. How Pessina fits in with Coutinho and James will remain to be seen. Unless we're bringing Coutinho to play RW. 

I'm all for selling Leao but not sure how Adli fits in. in all this, we're still without a starting RW. 

(07-01-2021, 11:45 PM)nefremo Wrote: In other rumors....Atalanta has apparently started negotiations with us for Pobega according to Di Marzio. Rumor of 15M. Same with Hauge and Eintracht, who seem to have joined Wolfsburg in the chase.

On James, I would add that he was brilliant at Porto and Monaco. He was inconsistent at Real and seems to have lost his way since. I think he could be a good signing but don't get the logic of signing James AND Coutinho while also looking at Pessina and having signed Diaz. Doesn't really make sense to me. 

on Pobega. He may eventually become a good player but I don't think I've seen enough of him yet to warrant keeping him in the squad. Selling him would a buyback or a % would be a good move. allows him to grow somewhere like Atalanta and gives us the option to get him back or make some extra $$ if he explodes and gets sold for good money. 
On Hauge. I still think selling him is a mistake. Especially if we're selling off Leao. I would look at a Loan only
Ideally, I would keep Pobega and Hauge. Loan them out if necessary. We shouldn't give up on these players this quick.

On the other hand, times are tough. I get it. So if you can get 15M for Hauge (10M gain) + 15M for Pobega (all profit)....of course your CFO and CEO will push for that. It's hard to be in Maldini's shoes. He needs to improve the team quickly...yet there isn't enough money for that. This is 1 source of cash...and also you got your owners and finance people pressuring to take this cash. It's a tough predicament.

I've always found that it's not necessarily the sales that get on people's nerves...but it's what's done with the money afterwards. So, I'll see what's done with the money...then I'll judge. It's easier that way. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that stuff.Big Grin
(07-02-2021, 12:12 AM)nefremo Wrote: Ideally, I would keep Pobega and Hauge. Loan them out if necessary. We shouldn't give up on these players this quick.

On the other hand, times are tough. I get it. So if you can get 15M for Hauge (10M gain) + 15M for Pobega (all profit)....of course your CFO and CEO will push for that. It's hard to be in Maldini's shoes. He needs to improve the team quickly...yet there isn't enough money for that. This is 1 source of cash...and also you got your owners and finance people pressuring to take this cash. It's a tough predicament.

I've always found that it's not necessarily the sales that get on people's nerves...but it's what's done with the money afterwards. So, I'll see what's done with the money...then I'll judge. It's easier that way. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that stuff.Big Grin

Yep. If we sell Hauge and Pobega and end up getting another Krunic and Samu then everyone will lose their shit. and rightly so.
Rumours are that Hauge might be going to Wolfsburg for 15M and Pobega to Atalanta.

We shouldn't give up on these young players especially Pobega, considering the fact this is the currently golden generation of Italian midfielders.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(07-02-2021, 02:56 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Rumours are that Hauge might be going to Wolfsburg for 15M and Pobega to Atalanta.

We shouldn't give up on these young players especially Pobega, considering the fact this is the currently golden generation of Italian midfielders.

I am with you. We should hold on to them, but I am afraid that Pioli doesn't know how to play them.
aka xudong
Hauge to Wolfsburg seems like a done deal. 15m + 20% future sell-on is latest report and they are in the details.
(07-02-2021, 05:03 AM)ac.michael Wrote: Hauge to Wolfsburg seems like a done deal. 15m + 20% future sell-on is latest report and they are in the details.

We bought him for 5m. We need to make more of these kind of purchases. Buy 5m and sell 15m a year later.
(07-02-2021, 05:03 AM)ac.michael Wrote: Hauge to Wolfsburg seems like a done deal. 15m + 20% future sell-on is latest report and they are in the details.

This would be the worst transfer this summer
AC MILAN