Summer mercato 2021
(08-10-2021, 07:05 PM)Inas Wrote: True that [emoji16]

My only concern is if we are losing players because of 1m or 2m (Kaio Jorge and now possibly Ilicic), what hope do we have of signing the likes of Ziyech, Vlasic, Coutinho, etc?

If it's about lack of funds, the cheapest, realistic option for the RW/AMC is Ilicic. So it would be unwise to lose him because of a million or two. Unless if he's just an option, we have the money and  our real target is someone among the names mentioned above or in their class. In that case it makes sense not to "over spend" on him (though I don't know how you can overspend with 2m, but still.. [emoji16])

I think we're never realistically in some of the bigger names mentioned about (like Ziyech), unless it's a pure dry loan or a loan with option to buy.

In terms Kaio Jorge, I think the main concern was the EU spot, which I do understand. But, if he's such a talent, at that kind of price, I'd go for it. Worry about the EU spot later. Maybe, the scouting team does not rate Kaio Jorge that highly, or maybe Milan management is a bit gun-shy pulling the trigger to bring a Brazilian directly to serie A, who knows. As for Ilicic, I consider him to be the last resort signing, if other targets failed. So, I don't mind Milan haggling over 2-3m. This is a buyers market. And smart clubs understand they could get valuable and cheaper deals by waiting and really haggling the price. Many clubs need to sell.

I think many clubs lack funds nowadays. That's why, except PSG and Man City, and some EPL teams, most clubs resort to loan with options to buy. But, I think Milan, especially, is hampered by the FFP requirements. But, do realize that Milan has invested close to 50m to bring redeem Tomori and Tonali, and buy Maignan. Plus, additional 20m for Brahim.

I'm resigned to the fact that we may not get a CAM and/or RW, at least until December. It really depends on whether we can sell Samu. But, I'd go for Ilicic as a really short-term stop gap solution for 1-2 seasons for both positions, if we failed to sell Samu and get somebody else. But, the latest reports state the Ilicic ready to stay at Atalanta.

And I do hope the Florenzi deal is actually happening. Again, a short-term stop-gap solution to RW, possibly.
(08-11-2021, 02:37 AM)ACM2021 Wrote: So, we know something that Milan doesn't.  Icon_lol2

AND do Getafe have money ?
(08-10-2021, 02:20 PM)nefremo Wrote: And with all the Pobega rumors going on....we'll need another CM.

I Hope Pobega sticks around. Has looked good in pre season.

(08-10-2021, 02:23 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: I admire your optimism but those two are only leaving on the same bus with Pioli when he gets sacked.

He loves them too much plus no sane club wants such useless fodder.

This is the issue. No sane club wants those guys which is why we're stuck with them.

(08-10-2021, 03:35 PM)ac.michael Wrote: Messi to PSG official.. Am I the only one who doesn't buy this whole sob story of Messi leaving Barca? It's so full of BS - I honestly think Messi could've taken a huge pay cut if he truly wanted to stay he didn't need 35m a year. Money talks simple as that. He could've also chose to go to a more storied club, but he chose PSG of all clubs - the club that never wins sh!t. $$$$$$$ talks

Nah., I don't buy his rubbish story either. He left for money which is fine. just own it. Don't make it something it's not. 
I loved it when he said he even offered to take a 50-% pay cut. I mean the club is in this mess largely because of stupid wages like yours... and the best you can do is a 50% pay cut?  Icon_lol2
(08-11-2021, 12:47 AM)nefremo Wrote: How can the deal be close if Milan has not been informed? Sagrin

This email that Maldini sent to all the clubs is likely why that's the case...

https://imgflip.com/i/5j8fw6

A link will have to do because I can't seem to figure out how to add an image

(08-11-2021, 02:29 AM)honsano Wrote: So inter are possibly getting Lazios Correa for around 30 mil. If so, that is an Incredible steal. Helps them and REALLY weakens Lazio. Also inter may be open to selling Sensi for 15mil. If he didn’t choose Inter over us, I’d definitely be open to that.

The fact Maldini may receive money for Samu means he is a miracle worker.

With Messi either di Maria or Icardi have to leave now, right?

no thanks on Sensi. Didn't want us before. Why should we take him now that he's not wanted and been injured so often.
Newcastle have had a €14m offer for Marseille's Boubacar Kamara (21) turned down, while Sevilla are also interested. @GFFN

We have been linked heavily to him of course.



Getafe VERY close to signing Samu Castillejo according to Spanish pundits.



Cagliari sporting director Stefano Capozucca is at Milan today to enter talks over a move for Tommaso Pobega and enquired about Conti who is also followed by Sampdoria .
I think this is what the exits means for our market.

Conti >Florenzi
Pobega >Kamara/Adil
Castillejo >Illicic
CAM comes last day's and maybe a loan for Scamacca comes as well if Ibra is going to be missing games.

I hope Pobega is loan or we include a buy-back.
(08-11-2021, 08:00 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: I think this is what the  exits means for our market.

Conti >Florenzi
Pobega >Kamara/Adil
Castillejo >Illicic
CAM comes last day's and maybe a loan for Scamacca comes as well if Ibra is going to be missing games.

I hope Pobega is loan or we include a buy-back.

THIS!
(08-11-2021, 08:28 AM)porcho Wrote: THIS!

We didn't do this with Hauge but apparently we get a % of any future sale.
@AntoVitiello
The #Getafe wants #Castillejo , advanced contacts with the agent of the Spanish. Confirmations on the news of
@diarioas#Milan

Rudy Galetti @RudyGaletti
All confirmed: the agent of #Castillejo , yesterday in the headquarters of #Getafe , found the agreement on the contract with the club  . The agreement with the #Milan . Probable formula: loan with right of redemption. Situation in evolution

It's just a loan but it's a start.
There is very little money going around. Not surprised at all that most of the moves are on loans