Summer Mercato 2022
(04-16-2022, 10:07 AM)slifersd1 Wrote: This whole Investcorp thing makes me nervous. I know they are from the middle east and there are a ton of oil fueled billionaires in that region, but I really don't feel comfortable not being able to attach a name to the company. Like, who are they? What have they done? What are they trying to do here? This might sound crazy but I don't want to go back to the Berlusconi days where the team was basically an owner's pet that he gets to ditch anytime he felt like it. I want a sustainable team that can run on its own even without owner pumping billions.

I agree in that the Arbic owner's who pump millions into City and PSG, They've achieved nothing outside of their own countries- though City might change that in a couple of month's. 

I think in a lot of ways they will be like the Chinese, spending big money on essentially fodder for 10 year's until they get it right. And we may not necessarily be better off.

I want Milan to go to a REAL owner/s. Great if Italian for obvious reasons ,though unlikely. Overall I don't care if they Arabic,  French , Japanese or Martians as long as they know that they're doing.
This group has done a lot of sensible investing it seems. Their protfolio has grown and they are a global imvestment group. Omo, this is not like other middle-east club purchases where it seems to be to gain exposure and popularity through football, irrespective of sistainability for the club itself.

I see this group managing the club similarly to Elliot, with the difference of actually investing in the future of the club. Elliot was always in for a quick/medium term turnaround. They stabilized the club and we are well on the road of self-sustainability. But once that happened, spending was always going to stop and the process of a sale was going to begin. I don't know if this is going to be it, but surely a sale is inevitable.

I hope whoever comes realozes the incredible job that's been done by Maldini, Massarw, Moncada and Ivan.
Not a fan of having owners like that to be honest, but gone are the days when someone can attach their heart and face to a club similar to what Berlusconi did. Football has changed, money is always at the root of that but at the end of the day the point is I'd rather be in City and PSG position than the position we were in a few years ago that's for sure.
Please use the sale thread for that topic, thanks
http://www.milanmania.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=303
According to Calciomercato.com, the negotiations to bring Botman to the Rossoneri are in the final stages and a double agreement is imminent. The Dutch defender will accept the move, and and his club are about to accept Milan’s offer of €30m plus bonuses reaching €33m in total.


Hasn't this deal been closed 10 time's this month alone ? 


Today’s edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport (via GFNI) reports that Roma could sell Zaniolo this summer but only if they received an offer worth €50-60m for the 22-year-old. Juventus are reported to be one of the teams interested, but the Italian would prefer to join Milan.


Credit to Zaniolo, he has come back successfully from two ACL's. I just don't believe this Zaniolo to Milan story right now and if he is asking €6M net then he can go to Ladri.
I don't know 30M on a CB just seems wrong when we have other holes to fill. 
I would be OK with that if Botman/Bremer is going to be a bona-fide starter. 

I think with Kalulu emerging to partner Tomori we should cool CB interest.
With Romagnoli leaving,  potentially there is space but isn't that where Gabbia gets bumped up to 4th choice ? 
Kjaer is obviously a question mark as to what type of player will he come back as.

For CB, I would be content with Tomori,  Kalulu , Kjaer , Gabbia,  Viti/Casale.
Investcorp could close the deal for the acquisition of Milan from Elliott by the end of the month. For the transfer market there is a €300M project
@Gazzetta_it

Gazzetta is linking Milan with Nkunku, Haller, Zaniolo, Tchouameni...
A lot of bullsht rumours will come our way, I dont believe any them.
Hopefully Maldini and co can still do their thing and build further to complete the team and are not distracted by the new ownership thing
(04-17-2022, 11:59 AM)Beppe Wrote: A lot of bullsht rumours will come our way, I dont believe any them.
Hopefully Maldini and co can still do their thing and build further to complete the team and are not distracted by the new ownership thing

The best one is dollarumma returning. I laughed so hard  Icon_lol2 Icon_lol2 Sagrin
AC MILAN
(04-15-2022, 08:08 AM)slifersd1 Wrote: That Leao piece is very very concerning. It could potentially explain his terrible form lately, and there is no good way to recover from that. Considering how important he had been to our attack this year, we might be out of the Scudetto race because of that stupid ass situation

FIFA just needed to grow some balls from the start and say Lille owes Sporting x. end of story. all the other clubs paid for the players they "signed for free" so why do Lille think they're special. 

(04-15-2022, 01:15 PM)Aficio Wrote: Investcorp news is the best.

However, the stadium depends on the hard head major of Milano city.

Rumour I heard was they'd dump Milan and build outside the city which would no longer need the Milan Mayors approval.

(04-16-2022, 12:29 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: So we might go from a hedge fund to an investment group? Progress! 

Maybe next we can get a proper owner.

One step at a time. 

(04-16-2022, 03:33 PM)nefremo Wrote: This group has done a lot of sensible investing it seems. Their protfolio has grown and they are a global imvestment group. Omo, this is not like other middle-east club purchases where it seems to be to gain exposure and popularity through football, irrespective of sistainability for the club itself.

I see this group managing the club similarly to Elliot, with the difference of actually investing in the future of the club. Elliot was always in for a quick/medium term turnaround. They stabilized the club and we are well on the road of self-sustainability. But once that happened, spending was always going to stop and the process of a sale was going to begin. I don't know if this is going to be it, but surely a sale is inevitable.

I hope whoever comes realozes the incredible job that's been done by Maldini, Massarw, Moncada and Ivan.

100% These guys seem legit and properly organized. Just need them to come in and leave the management structure as is. 

(04-17-2022, 08:10 AM)Zio Fester Wrote: Investcorp could close the deal for the acquisition of Milan from Elliott by the end of the month. For the transfer market there is a €300M project
@Gazzetta_it

Gazzetta is linking Milan with Nkunku, Haller, Zaniolo, Tchouameni...

yes please for all of them. 
Zaniolo is actually the only one I still have doubts about only because of his attitude.

also. Sorry for the reply dump. crazy Easter weekend so was playing catch up