Winter mercato 2024
Antonio Conte would be the most obvious candidate. But does his vision of team building align with that of our ownership? I could see Jesse Marsch being given a shot too, since he is American
Conte is an appropriate option, IMO. He requires a squad capable of winning the league, we have such a squad.
(10-30-2023, 09:14 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Repubblica: Cardinale is unhappy and Pioli's future is in danger if go out at the CL group stage, fourth place in Serie A not enough this season after spending 100m+.

I fully support sacking Pioli, so I wont complain much, but... this  Cardinale "reasoning" is beyond ridiculous.
First of all, 100M is nothing considering current market prices. Maybe in poor Italian football is little less nothing, but still...
Second, profile of players 100M is spent on. Bunch of rejects, flops, two cats in the bag and few youngsters. Yes, those type of signings can turn out to be good, but those are players for which you hope will work. You don't expect.
When you improve (or "improve") team with rejects you don't get right to demand results and raise bar of "minimum acceptable". 
If you improve team with Haaland, Mbappe, Levandowski or any players who nailed few season in a row at top level - than you have right to demand and expect.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
We spent the most in serie A, I think they have enough motivation to make demands. Also Pioli was apparently more active with those transfers, so he can't blame anyone else for getting the wrong players.
We did, but we didn't bought anyone special for that money. All that "4th spot is not enough" attitude... I mean, why? Because we bought few Chelsea rejects and some unproven youngsters? Ridiculous.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(10-31-2023, 12:54 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: I fully support sacking Pioli, so I wont complain much, but... this  Cardinale "reasoning" is beyond ridiculous.
First of all, 100M is nothing considering current market prices. Maybe in poor Italian football is little less nothing, but still...
Second, profile of players 100M is spent on. Bunch of rejects, flops, two cats in the bag and few youngsters. Yes, those type of signings can turn out to be good, but those are players for which you hope will work. You don't expect.
When you improve (or "improve") team with rejects you don't get right to demand results and raise bar of "minimum acceptable". 
If you improve team with Haaland, Mbappe, Levandowski or any players who nailed few season in a row at top level - than you have right to demand and expect.

Okmilan

In addition we spent 100 mil from what the team got by selling Tonali and CL semifinal. It should be a reward for Pioli (the team).
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(10-31-2023, 05:54 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: We did, but we didn't bought anyone special for that money. All that "4th spot is not enough" attitude... I mean, why? Because we bought few Chelsea rejects and some unproven youngsters? Ridiculous.

Maybe not you, but I saw majority here praising our transfer campaign. Media also did.

I believe we spent €45m net. Meanwhile Inter have earned money on transfers at least two summers in a row, they are up top despite that.
(10-31-2023, 12:54 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: I fully support sacking Pioli, so I wont complain much, but... this  Cardinale "reasoning" is beyond ridiculous.
First of all, 100M is nothing considering current market prices. Maybe in poor Italian football is little less nothing, but still...
Second, profile of players 100M is spent on. Bunch of rejects, flops, two cats in the bag and few youngsters. Yes, those type of signings can turn out to be good, but those are players for which you hope will work. You don't expect.
When you improve (or "improve") team with rejects you don't get right to demand results and raise bar of "minimum acceptable". 
If you improve team with Haaland, Mbappe, Levandowski or any players who nailed few season in a row at top level - than you have right to demand and expect.

I agree. Reijnders / Musah inexperienced coming from small clubs. I don't think it's fair to say Loftus + Pulisic are Chelsea rejects because IMO they're the only two players that are up to par to improve this squad. The problem is everything else. Not signing a top striker and depending on a Giroud that can barely last 60 min + Jovic who hasn't scored more than 10 goals in years lmao. Not improving the defense whatsoever.
(10-31-2023, 07:18 PM)Kris forever Wrote: Maybe not you, but I saw majority here praising our transfer campaign. Media also did.

I believe we spent €45m net. Meanwhile Inter have earned money on transfers at least two summers in a row, they are up top despite that.

Just look at who we bought:
RLC, Pulisic - bad seasons behind them, team who targeted at least CL - ended 12th. both transfer listed because not good enough
Raindeer - mid Dutch team
Okafor - small league, yet to prove if he is capable of playing at top levels
Chukwueze - I know Villareal got Europe, so it's 5-8th, so they weren't underperforming but they didn't overperforming either
Musah - also from underperforming team
Jovic and rest I wont even elaborate.
All of them can turn out to be good, but for none of them there is no valid reason to believe they will. It's only let's hope.

Now, if our mercato looked like:
instead of two underperforming players from underperforming club we got two best players from team who overperformed or showed something in EPL, let's say Arsenal
if in Spain we bought goodies from Real, Barcelona or Atletico
if in Netherland we bought best player from PSV or other top team of theirs
etc... 
than Cardinale could come out and say, listen folks, I provided you top reinforcements, I expect title and something in CL. He would be right. No one could argue with it.
But to do that with those which he actually bought. It just doesn't sounds right to me.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Mercato was good! This team is much better than the one we had last year.
I think the reasons for our bad results are, Pioli, injury crisis (again), and not signing a striker.
I really hope we will sign a striker this january. Someone like J.David, Sesko or Gimenez. But that will be hard, especially in January. And Pioli has to stop playing this kamikaze football vs the big teams.