Winter mercato 2024
I hope this disgrace of a scudetto for us burns a fire in our squad and in our management!
Something must be done, and no half measures.

I tuned out at half time, didnt see anything yet from the second half and Inter winning. And i’m not gonna.
I’m not paid millions like our players to suffer this. I’m avoiding it.
(04-22-2024, 08:29 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: I totally understand your points. And I would also rate him ahead of Lopetegui and some of the other we've been linked to.

And yes, there's no manager we can hire who comes with a guarantee of success.

Who would be your pick from those that have been linked? (I'm actually not sure Flick has been "officially" linked, but I sure hope the club is keeping him in mind)
(04-23-2024, 02:59 PM)nefremo Wrote: Who would be your pick from those that have been linked? (I'm actually not sure Flick has been "officially" linked, but I sure hope the club is keeping him in mind)

I've voted for De Zerbi before, but since that many others have been linked so I'm really not sure. That's why I'm seeking answers regarding the different possible candidates. There are so many factors that come in to play to make it a success, not only which trophies they won before. I don't know much about the different linked candidates' personalities for instance, do they fit in? It's a all about being the right person and manager at the right place and at the right time. It's not an easy task.

I'm not sure anyone has officially been linked? Not sure that is even normal as long as we have a manager under contract that has not officially been given the sack just yet, even though he probably is a "dead man walking" at this time.
(04-24-2024, 08:26 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: I've voted for De Zerbi before, but since that many others have been linked so I'm really not sure. That's why I'm seeking answers regarding the different possible candidates. There are so many factors that come in to play to make it a success, not only which trophies they won before. I don't know much about the different linked candidates' personalities for instance, do they fit in? It's a all about being the right person and manager at the right place and at the right time. It's not an easy task.

I'm not sure anyone has officially been linked? Not sure that is even normal as long as we have a manager under contract that has not officially been given the sack just yet, even though he probably is a "dead man walking" at this time.

Okmilan
I agree. We've seen many coaches do well with some sides and not with others. There are a lot of components that go into it and not just tactical knowledge/preference/philosophy. I think you explained it best with "right place, right time". 

By "officially" linked, I meant linked with us by the media....which is not really "official" at all. Big Grin
Don't care how harsh this sounds but the only players I'd keep are Leao, Pulisic, Theo, Loftus Cheek, Reijnders. Literally the entire remainder of the squad can and should be sold as they aren't Milan quality in all aspects from talent to mentality to performance.
I'll be even more "harsh" Big Grin Cross Loftus off that list, Pulisic and Raindeer can stay as back ups and that's it.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Yep, because the management will go on a rampage and buy Salah for the RW.
Do You know some Chelsea flops this season? Because thats what we'll get.
(04-24-2024, 04:02 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: I'll be even more "harsh" Big Grin Cross Loftus off that list, Pulisic and Raindeer can stay as back ups and that's it.

I really think we have a top CM in our squad with Reijnders. I think he is much better than just a "back up". He started off the season so well but has faded. He is asked to cover too much ground and is asked to do too much defensive work. This setup is just not designed to get the best out of him. He does have things to improve on, of course. Finishing being one of those. But regardless, he is the least of our problems and I'd gladly build the midfield with him as a central figure in it. Meaning, get a true DM to play alongside this guy and a regista (or a box to box, depending on the setup). In either case, stop playing him as a double pivot in a man-to-man marking system. He's got a motor to run, but we are running him into the ground and not seeing the best of him. The guy is asked to man mark all over the midfield, he's then asked to cover the space left by Leao, he then also tasked with running all over the midfield to free up and advance the ball. It's absolute lunacy man!! 

And so many people seem ok with letting Leao "rest" in the defensive phases so he can "do his thing" offensively. Absolute horseshit! That has taken a toll on the rest of the squad and it's not like we are reaping the reward from a "rested Leao" offensively. Just look at the deterioration of our midfield. They are asked to cover an ocean of space both defensively and offensively.
De Zerbi would be great. Probably my top choice if Conte isn't really an option too. but it's hard to imagine us competing with EPL money for these kind of hires.
I think De Zerbi would take over Milan before he goes elsewhere, if given the choice He's a Milan youth product and has talked about how Milan is his home many times. I don't think he'd pass up the opportunity to take over Milan. But, the fee has to be paid by Milan and Milan has be interested as well. So those two things 9n Mioan's end? I'm not sure about