07-13-2012, 09:49 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2012, 09:52 AM by GeoTav.)
(07-13-2012, 09:42 AM)Ryo Wrote: I too am all for that Geo, and I believe that we are already taking steps in that direction somewhat. But the mentality in Italy is too different from that in Spain. We had perfectly good talents like Merkel, Paloschi, Darmian all shipped out when they were on the fringes of our first team, and ended up losing them completely. They learn our system, they learn to love our shirt, and then we ship them off to the highest bidder for "instant" impact players. It's not working, and I don't see how its going to change either.
Management seem to be at two minds in following their own plans.
We aren't really investing much in youth players, and with this current fiasco of a transfer, we aren't looking at impact players anymore either.
I'm really confused as to what Fester and Berlu hope to achieve for the club, other than to "save 170 Million". If we actually had a sound plan, and a modus operandi to follow through, I wouldn't be so angry or negative. I can wait 5 or 7 years if thats what is necessary to make us into a self-sustaining success of a club again, but currently I don't see us going anywhere, nowhere at all, except down for the long term.
Our current business model of "Hope your cheap players have a breakout year, and sell them off to the highest bidder" is not going to work. I think everyone knows that much at least.
Well, that had worked for years ... But that was our plan A when there was no crisis and we had enough money to spend. The problem is that there was no plan B "just in case" ...
I was optimistic when I read more and more youth players being bought, our Primavera starting to win, and as a consequence, new players interesting other clubs but wanting to stay in Milan. The main problem is Milan accepted the offers and sent them all in other clubs and keeps doing that (in this mercato, half of our last Primavera is going to be sent on loan or co-ownership for sure). That means we develop our youth ranks, not to build our first team in long term, but to get easy money in few years. That's the sad part actually.
(07-13-2012, 09:46 AM)Gio-mania Wrote: As I said before, Ibra's demands might stop the deal from going through. He wants to make at least 12 mln over 4 years, while PSG reportedly offering only 9 mln. Of course though that might not stop the T.Silva part from going through, but it is also true we might only be willing to sell Silva if we can get rid of Ibra's super wages.
I'm already prepared for the worst, that is both of them leaving and us investing on Destro and Astori/Ogbonna as replacements at best. But I'll wait to see what is done with the money and understand what direction this club is going in. I might be wrong and overly pessimistic you know.
It is reported Ibra wants 14M on a 3 year contrat, PSG offers 9M on a 4 year contract. He'll sign for sure, Raiola just tries to negotiate at maximum and said such a thin to put pressure on Leonardo (Raiola knows how to use medias to get what he wants, he did it with Barcelona when Ibra wanted to leave). PSG are going to offer what Ibra wants because they (especially Leonardo) can't fail again.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Anyone have any other news on the other fronts?
Cassano to Samp? Robinho to Santos? Boateng to Madrid?
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz
Replacing Thiago Silva and Ibra with Astori and Destro? Well...
http://www.football-italia.net/21091/mil...and-destro
Nope, nothing new regarding the others, but I think nothing will move until it's all done with PSG ... They'll probably wait some days to see what will happen.
New report from Le Figaro (serious newspapers in France) :
- 40M for Thiago Silva
- 25M for Ibra
- 9M of bonuses
So at the end, the club will receive 65M for sure, and with bonuses, 74M ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
07-13-2012, 10:13 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2012, 10:14 AM by Ryo.)
If the "Bonus" has anything to do with say "Winning the CL" or "Qualifying for the CL knockout rounds" I think I'm going to be sick to my stomach.
And Thiago for 40M? When we just rejected an offer of 49M not three weeks ago?
Bravo Galliani, bravo!
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz
Told you so! Of course we're going with the cheapest alternatives out there. After all it wouldn't be economically wise to spend all the money on replacements (there would be no profit; I mean this in all seriousness). Interestingly though Wikipedia says Rolando is ours for 15 mln.
74 million already sounds better for players of their calibre. I would like to know however what these bonuses are. Winning the Ligue 1? Very likely PSG will especially with Ibra. Goals scored? Because Ibra will have fun with the French defenders. Winning the CL or going very far? Doubt it, especially since Ibra is there  Speaking of CL, I read somewhere that there is the possibility for a group of death consisting of Barca/Real, City, Juve and PSG. Oh and we are in pot 1 this year.
As for Cassano, Robinho and Prince there aren't any voices spreading yet. God that would be disastrous.
(07-13-2012, 07:29 AM)Beppe Wrote: Relax guys, this hasnt got to be the end, we got money now, saved A LOT on wages, not only Ibrahimivic and Silva's BIG wages but also the expensive old guard is all gone.
So we can (MUST) expect something now on the transfer market. There should be many things possible now.
Also remember Ibrahimovic will be 31 this year, this is the last time we could've got money for him. (25m) and we sold Silva for 40m, wich is also good money;
Now the most important thing of all this is not that we lost 2 players but who we will buy in return. I'm expecting at least 4 starters!! We could come up stronger as a team, as in attack our team was way too one dimensional witch Ibrahimovic. This will also be good for Pato!
Rumours also say Mesbah will probably gone to Torino, maybe in a deal with Ogbonna? as we refused the Marseille offer for him.
And Taye Taiwo got an agreement with Benfica, dunno what they wanna pay for him.
And according to reports from Brazil Santos is interested in Robinho again, if we could also sell him we have even more money to spend, he's also nearing 30 and isnt one of our most important players, we got Cassano and El Shaarawy so.
as for transfers:
Ogbonna & Astori or Dede (wich seems difficult now as he just renewed his contract and his buy out clause gone up)
Sahin or Verratti
Lucas or Jovetic
Dzeko or Destro
I'm just trowing in some interesting names. Key is to spend it one players who are yet to reach their prime, players age 20-25. Not older players with big wages and who's market value will go down soon.
This is the most logical unemotional post I've see In the last 3 days thanks man!
I'm not sure what to think of the whole situation right now. My worry is less we're losing top players, but more that we've almost systematically been destroying our position and status in world football.
There's also so much confusion. Last time we had Braida saying not to worry hours before Galliani left for Paris and this time Allegri was saying we'd be keeping Thiago and Ibra. You'd presume surely the coach knows what's going on with these players. No comments from Barbara either this time, which seems a bit bizarre, as she's just sort of disappeared of late.
As for the players, I've already discussed in detail the reasons we can't afford to lose Thiago Silva in the past so won't repeat that again. Ibra's more expendable, as there are players who can take his place in the side and while we'd need to adjust, we wouldn't be too extensively weakened in attack imo.
(07-12-2012, 11:14 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: I've been saying this for years now. How come no one in Media tells Galliani straight to his face " YOU"RE LYING"
He gets away with talking bullshit all the time, and no in media says boo. If the deal goes through, EVERYONE should call Galliani a Liar, and list his lies (as I've done a few months ago in this thread)
lol, with all due respect the press couldn't care less whether Galliani lies or not. For them, he gives good headlines and generates interest, that's all they care about.
(07-13-2012, 12:03 AM)Dha Brain Wrote: Let them all go I would have wanted more for T.Silva & Ibra will PSG win the UEFA CL in the next 3 years?, NOPE Barca,Real Madrid,Bayern,Man City still all In better position If Cassano goes too go ahead he should be greatful he never lost his job with us after his stroke, I hope we can see a pato el sharaawy striker partnership imagine if those 2 would stay healthy wow, I still want robinho gone and a replacement of course we will get atleast 1 star and mabey 2 new players we just are unsure about acerbi i herd we might be back in the race for angelo ogbonna which is huge
About Cassano, it would have been hugely unfair and incorrect for him to lose his job after suffering a stroke or any illness, and I'm sure the company couldn't just cut ties with him. We did what we should have by keeping him on and supporting his rehab, but we shouldn't hold these actions against him, as it was beyond his control.
(07-13-2012, 02:08 AM)WCmilan Wrote: I was just thinking to myself, if ibra and silva deal does go through and its for the apparent 70million fee..
Wouldn't it be great if pastore + 35mln was the deal.
-25mln for tevez
-10mln for dede
invest, or not in a 10mln midfielder
we'd really only spend 10mln out of our pocket this transfer market, but i think the goal in the first place to sell silva and ibra is to save money so i dont think that'll happen 
but, would be a great mercato
I find it weird how pastores name hasn't been mentioned at all, we've been lacking a real cam since kaka imo
Not particularly keen on Pastore myself. He's yet to prove he can take on large responsibility and was pretty much a flop at PSG this past year. Also, you're suggesting we (try to) replace Thiago and Ibra, yet we don't invest where we desperately need to in midfield, instead getting Pastore who's a very expensive luxury? I'd rather just get 65m.
(07-13-2012, 05:41 AM)abbeyleemania Wrote: Milan is officially a closed chapter for many fans now. Milan had 2 world class players, but Milan has 0 world class players now. Berlusconi sold them last night.
Offcially Milan not a top club anymore.
Galliani will say that Milan will win CL this season, with same kind of injuries of last season, we could see Milan in Serie B.
im thanking God that Bayern has Kaiser and Rummenige, they are intelligent man, Everyone says that Galliani is the best CEO. However a Geo, who increased Milan's revenue by %9 in 7 years. (lowest among top clubs)
Galliani is one of the worst CEO's in the world. He ruined Milan with high wages and champions policy. He can enjoying survive in Serie A with ex champions.
Call back Gattuso, Van Bommel, Oddo, Kaladze, İnzaghi, Seedorf.
i wont watch Milan's game anymore, not even my second team. im finished with this guys, who always lied to me and you.
10-15 Days ago. Thank you President, we keep Silva and now he sold them.
Yeah, He needs money for Bunga Bunga. Serie A is finished for me. the most loved championship for me. im not with this losers anymore.
lol, did they ban you on R&B forums or something, or are you going to just keep spamming here about Bayern this time?
Anyway, here's a little help on your way to being a Bayern fan... http://www.bayernzone.com/
(07-13-2012, 07:35 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Strasser and Mesbah (official for him) should play in Torino next season.
Taiwo could leave to Benfica.
Robinho could go back to Santos.
Cassano could go back to Samp.
For moment, there's little things allowing fans to be optimistic. The players who could leave are closer to leave than the players who could come.
PS : But I agree our team play could be better with the right additions in our team ... My main concern though is our defence, which looks like a mid-table defence now.
The only real issue is our defence really. Personally, I've never had issues were Ibra to leave, as even though he has me more conflicted internally than any player in history about whether he's good or bad for us, I'm sure we can adjust without him especially as there are alternatives available. Thiago's a huge presence though and it's pretty much impossible to see any real alternatives to him right now. The only possible option I think who can maybe fill the void is Hummels, who wouldn't be cheap anyway.
(07-13-2012, 08:49 AM)mathiask Wrote: Guys I think you all are overrating Thiago Silva a bit. I hear words as solid...
But wasn't he responsible for some very idiotic goals this season in the cl and the league?
I'd call both of them replaceable. Seriously, I would. Get a cheaper, young talent and watch what happens with players who leave Milano:
They go in steep decline.
Don't get me wrong, but silva is not a new nesta... And I don't see ANY defender who plays football right now who has the right to be called that way.
It's not about overrating him, it's about the lack of alternative options around driving his value up. Thiago's a good defender but isn't likely to ever reach close to the heights of Maldini, Baresi or Beckenbauer, or in recent generations Thuram, Desailly, Cannavaro and Nesta. However, he's in an era of the game where there are no great defenders and therefore a more valuable commodity. He's still mistake prone, but so is every other top club defender in the world today. Few, in fact none have the passing range that Thiago offers either, which is vital to our game. Without him, we'd have no player at the moment to direct play from the back, as we lost Pirlo and now Thiago, meaning we have to start from zero on our tactics and completely reinvent our game. Most worryingly is what happened when we lost Thiago's presence in our backline this past year.
(07-13-2012, 10:14 AM)Gio-mania Wrote: Speaking of CL, I read somewhere that there is the possibility for a group of death consisting of Barca/Real, City, Juve and PSG. Oh and we are in pot 1 this year.
But the group of death could be ours with Milan - City - PSG - Dortmund (depending on the other teams qualifying, or Malaga ? A group of Qatari with a poor team !!  ) ...
PSG should be in the third pot, depending on what teams will qualify, but Juventus and PSG have almost the same amount of points and Juventus is sure to be in the 3rd pot.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-13-2012, 10:30 AM)GeoTav Wrote: (07-13-2012, 10:14 AM)Gio-mania Wrote: Speaking of CL, I read somewhere that there is the possibility for a group of death consisting of Barca/Real, City, Juve and PSG. Oh and we are in pot 1 this year.
But the group of death could be ours with Milan - City - PSG - Dortmund (depending on the other teams qualifying, or Malaga ? A group of Qatari with a poor team !! ) ...
PSG should be in the third pot, depending on what teams will qualify, but Juventus and PSG have almost the same amount of points and Juventus is sure to be in the 3rd pot.
Okay, that group is very scary indeed. But I think Milan could make it past the Qatari group. To be honest I think Milan could beat PSG in October/November even with Ibra+Silva swapping sides, granted no one else leaves. City maybe not but Malaga definitely, since they don't really impress me much.
|