Friendly : Schalke 04 - Milan (24/07/12 at 19:00)
#61
Reply
#62
Wow, this kid was really cool-headed, very ocmposed, fluid movement. Hope the coach will let him play the LB.

xudong, I think we should bombard the Milan official website with our pleading of letting De Sciglio play LB next season.
Reply
#63
Yep, I like how he kept his composure under such huge pressure. Derby game which if we lost we also lost the scudetto, and I didn't him look intimidated. That's a rare quality among youngsters. I still remember how Ganz looked all shaken up in a Champions League last season.

I hope that we still get some "real" LB (of quality of course) for the new season; but if not, I don't mind playing De Sciglio and Abate as starting LB and RB, with Bonera and Antonini back them up (both can play either sides).
Reply
#64
This has become a LB thread Big Grin
Reply
#65
(07-26-2012, 08:59 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(07-25-2012, 04:27 PM)Stitch Wrote: i believe mesbah and vila will be sold. while for mesbah its clear he was not a milan quality (not even a starter on Algeria NT), i'm not sure why vila doesnt get his chances. I'm not familiar with him as a player tbh, but there is got to be a reason why allegri doesnt rate him.
taiwo will, on the other hand, and despite your wishes Big Grin most probably stay, as he is getting chances in frendlies, and being pretty solid in games. i dont think we will buy anyone new for that position, at least not during this mercato. antonini/taiwo/de sciglio rotation is solid for serie a.

Just out of curiosity, as we're talking about LBs here, has anyone watched Gotoku Sakai of VFB Stuttgart. He's a fullback who can play RB and LB and after reading an article about him yesterday, I was rather curious as to how good he is.

Never watched him too, originally LB, however from the video highlight he is also played as RB and comfortable with both positions.
Praised by local press as new Lahm and Germany FA ever tried to persuade him to choose Germany over Japan. (source : my brother in Japan :d)

“Gotoku Sakai is a very promising prospect, who's equally strong on either foot. I've rarely seen a player so advanced as a right- or left back at his age. We'll give him the time he needs to adapt to the Bundesliga and I'm confident he can become a valuable player for VfB,” (Fredi Bobic quoted when first signing this kid on 2yrs loan?)

And too bad although he's included in Japan Olympics squad, he is no starter. The other Sakai (Hiroki) is starting RB (only) for Japan Olympics and just made a move to Hannover96. He looked very solid vs Spain that day. He could be one to watch too in the coming yrs imo.
Reply
#66
thanks for the info. Smile
Reply
#67
Wink 

I want him in the team Devilcool
Reply