Summer mercato 2012
(08-01-2012, 12:31 AM)xudong Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 11:12 PM)Siregar Wrote: I think, what Galliani offered (if the rumors are true) about 6-7 mil euros for unknown defender whose contract ends next season is an acceptable offer.

If he rejects contract extension and decides to come to us next season for free, no one is sure I think but we can trust Galliani. We got already Montolivo who had similar cases IMO (Didn't we try to sign Montolivo last season for a couple of mil euros?)

That's true. We were interested in Montolivo but refused to pay good money for him. He is now with us, but I can't help but think that maybe we could have won some (more) trophies had we not skimped on those few millions.

Anyway, I am not trying to "prove" that Galliani is stupid, and knowing that Galliani has a Milan heart, I do trust that he is (or at least he believes that he is) doing whatever is the best for this team.

I still insist that anything can happen. One of the freakiest things must be the Dzeko saga. Allegedly, the player really wanted to join Milan with one year contract left, and Wolfsburg somehow talked him into extending the contract with a "gentlemen's agreement" that could still see him go to Milan one year later. One can never know the true story behind it, but it remains a fact that he didn't and may never join Milan.

It is very logic xudong (the bold part). I do not want to come back to the past but last season we lost Pirlo who supposed according to Allegri as sided-creative mezzala and we didn't get replacement not to mention similar quality.

I think, there should be priority. If we missed someone and hope that we can take him for free when his contract ended, we should not forget our priority, we still have to get a player with characteristic similar with the player we hope to get for free.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-31-2012, 11:12 PM)Siregar Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 09:15 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: "Milan scrap Yanga-Mbiwa talks?"

http://www.football-italia.net/22514/mil...biwa-talks

"It is possible Milan will instead wait until Yanga-Mbiwa is out of contract and take him on a free transfer."

How can we be so sure he'll move to us for free next season?

I think, what Galliani offered (if the rumors are true) about 6-7 mil euros for unknown defender whose contract ends next season is an acceptable offer.

If he rejects contract extension and decides to come to us next season for free, no one is sure I think but we can trust Galliani. We got already Montolivo who had similar cases IMO (Didn't we try to sign Montolivo last season for a couple of mil euros?)

For the people following Ligue 1 (so, not including myself Big Grin, but I asked to many people), Yanga-Mbiwa and Nkoulou are the best two defenders of the league. Even a PSG fan told me Nkoulou was "a beast" (I know his name, I heard things about him, but like I'm not that interested by the French clubs ...), which by itself means a lot as PSG fans and Marseille fans tend to say the players of the other team are bad and they would never want them (well, for Marseille, from now, there's going to be some jealousy I think).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-31-2012, 09:15 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: "Milan scrap Yanga-Mbiwa talks?"

http://www.football-italia.net/22514/mil...biwa-talks

"It is possible Milan will instead wait until Yanga-Mbiwa is out of contract and take him on a free transfer."

How can we be so sure he'll move to us for free next season?

If rumours are true, then we've already got a personal agreement with the player, who has essentially publicly said he's keen on the move. In this scenario, as Siregar said about Montolivo, he might just wait for a year to join us (Montpellier are aiming for CL spots in France and will play in CL this season, so I think Mbiwa will be happy to stay for now). Someone else could come in with an absurd offer, but right now there aren't many teams after him as strongly as us.

In the meantime, we might fall back and take a closer look at N'Koulou, who also looks a very promising talent and apparently has convinced Allegri. Marseille are in financial trouble if I'm correct, so should theoretically be easier to deal with.

Other options would be returning to Rolando.
This is in this years time what do we do for our CB situation? Do we buy one then possibly not get mbiwa when he's a free agent, or do we just rely on acerbi bonera and mexes..

I'd buy one just incaseTongue
why the astori link suddenly have gone away
i like him to be a part of our team again
is it because of his price tag ???
lol Galliani has said he's like Billy Beane Big Grin

(08-01-2012, 10:58 AM)WCmilan Wrote: This is in this years time what do we do for our CB situation? Do we buy one then possibly not get mbiwa when he's a free agent, or do we just rely on acerbi bonera and mexes..

I'd buy one just incaseTongue

It's difficult to know at this point and imo I don't think the Mbiwa deal is dead yet. Should for whatever reason we not be able to get him this summer, then I'd look strongly at Astori and N'Koulou (admittedly I know little about him, but he appears to be a good alternative to Mbiwa). Should these avenues fail, I would speak to Leonardo about a loan with an option to buy on Sakho, which I think could happen given what they got from us this summer. The idea should be to get one of these guys for this season and replace Yepes next summer with Mbiwa, with the new signing fighting it out with these guys and Acerbi for a first team spot.

Thinking slightly further ahead, hopefully that means that when Mexes is gone in a couple of years time, then Albertazzi will be ready to take his place in the squad, leaving us with a group of talented young CBs all ready to fight for a first team spot.

(08-01-2012, 11:34 AM)sylrus Wrote: why the astori link suddenly have gone away
i like him to be a part of our team again
is it because of his price tag ???

They've not suddenly gone away. Actually, if you look around the news sites he's been linked as a possible alternative to Mbiwa (football italia and milannews have both reported this).

The reason we haven't been linked to him first is I think Cellino (Cagliari president) doesn't want to sell him. After the Spartak deal collapsed the club insisted on wanting to keep him. As soon as we sold Thiago Silva, Cagliari immediately increased his contract and Cellino came out to say that if Galliani is his friend, then he won't ask him for Astori. To me, the only way Cagliari will happily sell right now is if we're prepared to overpay. However, given how the situation is looking with Mbiwa, we may need to enter negotiations for Astori.

EDIT: Just read on milannews we're linked to Alexis Rolin, Uruguayan defender and from what I've heard, a really good player. He's currently involved in the Olympics.
(08-01-2012, 12:20 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: lol Galliani has said he's like Billy Beane Big Grin

Billy Beane would never have Mesbah on his team.Dodgy

I'm very excited for Montolivo to be on our team, but sad he comes now, just as we cleared the team of 14 players, many of them legends who could have passed the torch to him....I'm afraid there's not enough quality around him. I'm very nervous about this squad at present, I think it's poor. Not much else to say...
Long time without post so, sorry the off topic.

It appears Gabriel will start in a few minutes for Brazil NT against New Zeland. Hope he impress because I´m not a fan of Neto.

My only concern is the long time without a real game.
welcome back brasileiro Smile
(08-01-2012, 03:50 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: welcome back brasileiro Smile
LOL... thanks!

But do not forget, I´m always lurkingSagrin