Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
What a disappointment. For all the possible transfer talk we could have we're linked with Toni.
Pato was apparently extremely annoyed at Pippo for not passing the ball when Pippo hit the post against Bologna. I can't blame him either. Whilst I'm not against strikers being selfish, what Pippo did was downright stupid as Pato was open with pretty much an open goal to aim for. It goes against the ethos that Leo is trying to bring to the side about working as a team and not as individuals and it goes against all sensibilities. Pippo at his age should know full well he should have passed for the greater good instead of trying to score himself. I'm still irritated by Pippo's actions myself given how much it could have cost us (especially if one of Bologna's late chances went in), so if Pato is angry about it then I totally understand.
|
Pippo has always been a selfish player. Just ask Del Piero, who marked his return after a long injury with a goal from Pippo (when both played at Juve). I can never forget the look on Del Piero's face. Instead of passing to Del Piero, who was open, Inzaghi did what he does best: cynically convert the chance. We love him and hate him for it.