AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

View Poll Results: Time to replace Dida
Yes, bring in some new blood 103 61.31%
No, hes still got it 65 38.69%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 12:18   #511

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
This is absolutely awful. My god, I'm hating UEFA day by day.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:19   #512

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
I must say the Celtic punishment is laughable!!!
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:21   #513

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
This is scandalous, but I think Milan is not going to do anything about it since Dida has done wrong.

Still, I'm surprised that a breach in the security let off the hook. Scandalous.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:22   #514

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Milan are appealing the suspension.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:22   #515

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
In my mind at least I expected a one or two game ban but the Celtic part is light, I don't think the difference between this incident and the Sweden-Denmark match is that big, on the other hand one should consider the case of something like a streaker on the pitch who tries to run after a player or something, not sure if clubs haven't been punished for things like that before?
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:23   #516

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
This is scandalous, but I think Milan is not going to do anything about it since Dida has done wrong.

Still, I'm surprised that a breach in the security let off the hook. Scandalous.
Actually, according to the official site, Milan are going to appeal the UEFA decision.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:24   #517

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I agree with you BMW....UEFA should have had Celtic play behind closed doors for at least 2 games...smacks of the vitriol I suspect UEFA has for Milan...remember, had they only a precedent, they would have kept us out of the UCL last year.....
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:25   #518

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero
Actually, according to the official site, Milan are going to appeal the UEFA decision.
I have the feeling they're doing so for the wrong reasons (I wish that lawyer Cantanessa would zip it already). The suspension is not excessive, but I hope it's to make a case that Celtic should easily have been punished likewise.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:25   #519

Baresi

Registered User
 
Baresi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2003
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Fave Players: Maldini&Baresi
Baresi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
I also heard that Celtic were receiving something called a "two-year supervision" in addition to the fine...I've never heard of that before. Is it some kind of probation?

Edit: I just found out what it was. So, Celtic are basically let off the hook for the poor security and fan breach. Go to F'n hell, UEFA.
They are still going to be under intense scrutiny and if something happens anytime soon, they'll have to play in an empty stadium and possibly be disqualified from next years CL.
Baresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:25   #520

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
I agree with you BMW....UEFA should have had Celtic play behind closed doors for at least 2 games...smacks of the vitriol I suspect UEFA has for Milan...remember, had they only a precedent, they would have kept us out of the UCL last year.....
I am never the one to really play the victim game--I readily admitted our faults in Calciopoli--but I really feel UEFA have shafted us.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:27   #521

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
AC Milan goalkeeper Nelson Dida has been banned for two Champions League matches after feigning injury during their Champions League clash against Celtic last week, with Celtic being fined £25,000 for their inability to control their crowds.
The UEFA panel came to their decision after reviewing the match, during which a Celtic supporter ran on to the pitch and was seen to make slight contact with the Brazilian goalkeeper, who tumbled theatrically to the ground seconds later.
The panel conceded that Celtic were responsible for not controlling the crowd properly and fined the Scottish giants £25,000 (CHF 60,000) for their part in the trouble but, sensationally, the panel have taken action against the AC Milan and Brazil number one, banning him from AC Milan's next two Champions League matches.
AC Milan are expected to appeal against the decision, while Celtic, who gave a life-time ban to the fan in question, will feel lucky to have escaped so lightly.

(premiershiplatest.com)
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:38   #522

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
not shocked in the slightest with Dida's ban, the amount of pressure put on UEFA to perform such an act was quite high.

However, Celtic are more than fortunate, £25,000 is nothing and they should have 3 matches at home played behind closed doors imo, never mind possibly losing 3 points. Ah well, we just move on, hope the appeal succeeds and if not just look to continue as normal.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:39   #523

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
We can expect the appeal to be flatly rejected...I think that the genisis of this whole situation started when we as a club decided not to press for sanctions against Celtic...which, in truth, I agree with, as IMO, it would make us seem "poor losers"...and ungentlemanly...but had we not played Mr Nice Guy, I am sure UEFA would have felt obligated to impose more severe sanctions on Celtic.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 14:15   #524

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero
I am never the one to really play the victim game--I readily admitted our faults in Calciopoli--but I really feel UEFA have shafted us.
Actually, nothing's wrong with Dida's ban so UEFA were completely fair to Milan.
Looking at Dida's case separately, the act itself deserved a harsh punishment.
What Dida did was far more dangerous than a normal dive. By falling on the ground he didn't want to protect himself. He wanted Celtic to be punished by taking the fairly gotten win from them and giving the three points to Milan on green table. I've just visited few non-Milanfans forums and looks like everybody expected a bigger punishment for Dida.

It's crazy to say that UEFA was harsh to Milan.

But if you want to talk about Celtic's fine....oh, boy. They are giving a "nice" example. Now all the other teams can stop paying attention to security. They know they can get away with some fine. Celtic must have been punished hard for poor security and UEFA had to tell it clearly to everyone that such acts will not be tolerated.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 14:28   #525

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Actually, nothing's wrong with Dida's ban so UEFA were completely fair to Milan.
Looking at Dida's case separately, the act itself deserved a harsh punishment.
What Dida did was far more dangerous than a normal dive. By falling on the ground he didn't want to protect himself. He wanted Celtic to be punished by taking the fairly gotten win from them and giving the three points to Milan on green table. I've just visited few non-Milanfans forums and looks like everybody expected a bigger punishment for Dida.

It's crazy to say that UEFA was harsh to Milan.

But if you want to talk about Celtic's fine....oh, boy. They are giving a "nice" example. Now all the other teams can stop paying attention to security. They know they can get away with some fine. Celtic must have been punished hard for poor security and UEFA had to tell it clearly to everyone that such acts will not be tolerated.
Actually I think Dida deserved what he got (sorry if I offended anyone).

Yeah you're right--there needs to be a distinction. I can't help but feel, however, that Celtic's punishment is a slap in the face of Milan.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.