AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-2008, 10:20   #10456

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri View Post
Exactly! What if we had no Kaka - would we be as good as we are? No. It's his unique star quality that helps our team win. So, while it is a team game, it is certainly affected by the actions of the individual. In Dida's case, his poor play COST us points IMO.

But for me personally, my dislike of him took off after that unforgivable Celtic game. I had to hear so much crap from non Milan and non Serie A fans about his stupidity.
Then my question to you is: Did Bonera's poor defending didnt' cost us any point? Didn't Gattuso lack of cover in the midfield cost us point? Didn't the inability of Gilardino to score in front of goal cost us points?

Regarding "what if we had no Kaka`": Read carefully what Dev said: Without the other individuals I very doubt how Kaka` can become a star. Just see Sheva as an example. Don't forget that Kaka as a star is not just born but also made.

Another example will be Pirlo: We see how he is 'made' in LIppi's Italian team (with full adequate cover for him) but is made to suffer at Milan when Ambro and Gattuso failed to protect him.

And didn't that cost us point as well?

Just because the goal went past the GK didn't mean that GK is solely responsible for it.

****

I feel sorry for you being riduculed by your friends, but this just shows you again how high profile Milan is that your friend will actually make fun of. No one will probably do it with Cesc because Cheslsea is just in no way on par with Milan's status.
Jeff is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 10:23   #10457

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post

One small point though....you can't get THAT upset that some fans dislike a person or a management policy. These actions are also out of love for Milan. So if someone hates Gila/Dida/Brocchi/R99 etc I tend to think they have the team's interest at heart.

I do not disagree, but there are many ways one can express his/her love. Certainly we have read news about how a guy loves the other gal that he kills her and then himself? I don't think that will be something morally acceptable, just like I think it is unfair to criticize and hate any single players for a team's downfall.

But of course, if that makes all of us feel better....
Jeff is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 10:42   #10458

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
The discussion is pointless becouse every player depends on other players in a TEAM game such as football.

Noone in Milan created Kaka', Kaka' was the best player of Brazilian league and Milan bought him through Leonado connections.

No coach in the world can make you a great player. They can improve you, learn you something and that is it. You have greatness in you or you dont. In Film " Milano derby, il film", a man said: " some players are champions, others are just good players. The champions feel like home when they enter full San Siro, others feel unbalanced." That is - Kaka' vs Gila. That is Sheva vs Oliveira and so on...

One more quote to show what I mean. Pippo' Inzaghi's coach from earlist days: " I only showed him few things about movement at the beggining, the rest of the moves he does I dont understand as well...he has it in hismelf..." I saw it on tv.

I hope you understand. Pirlo's passing cant be taught, tackling Ronaldo Luis Nazario De Lima like Maldini did cant be taught by GOD himself if he was a coach of Milan. You a a champšion or you are not one. Sound scruel but who doesnt like it is just afraid to admit it.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 11:01   #10459

savage_mau

Registered User
 
savage_mau's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Fave Players: Maldini,Nesta,Pirlo,Kaka,Inzaghi, & whole Milan!!
savage_mau is on a distinguished road
the number seems to slove up.Sheva on 76.

http://www.acmilan.com/lm_team_roster.aspx
__________________


FoRzA MiLan !!! I LOVE U !!!
savage_mau is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 11:53   #10460

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
I wonder why noone took the #2 jersey. Are they really saving it in case Oddo returns next summer? I thought Senderos might take it, but his is #24. Are the new defenders afraid of the weight of expections that naturally befalls the heir of Oddo?

Or perhaps Milan have retired #2 in honour of Oddo?
Ceceves is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 11:57   #10461

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
I think, it's because we have no pure RB who doesn't have favorite number. Number two is a clasic number for right fullback. Zambro should have it but maybe his favorite number is 15? I don't know exactly.

Did Oddo have number 2? I think, Cafu had it before.
Siregar is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 12:03   #10462

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo View Post
2.2 mil pounds for Brocchi???? Thats almost 4 mil Euro just from the top of my head. That's acutally not that bad at all.
i would have settled for free.... wait if brocchi is a 4 mil player and dinho is 20? does that make ronaldinho only 5 times te play of brocchi? :-D
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 12:06   #10463

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7r View Post
Now i hope next in line for axe should be Kalac (Galliani should sell him and find a world-class replacement at least in january)

And about Emerson, he is useless for Milan .....Silvio just will have to pay his huge wage bill for keeping the locker room warm (I really hope we sell him within the next 3 days)

Maybe we could use Favalli for another season....coz he looked OK in the pre-season games...

cmon 1) emerson is well respected among brazilian contingent in our locker room
2) he was world class, he had injury problems, but even year before in real madrid he was effective. Unlike brocchi who was never anywhere near world class emerson has it in him
3) he's our 6th CM. (7 if u count seedorf). I can deal with that. Besides his contract is up at end of season. Let him play coppa italia and when we have inuruy crisis. I just hope cardaccio sees more field than him, as i'd rather he develop.
4) who is going to buy him? He was hurt all lasty ear.

if it was up to me i woulda kept emerson over brocchi too. Although i ont have faith in either, emerson atleast had the ability to be world class
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 12:20   #10464

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Last year Emerson had injury and never had his top full fitness. I think, we can expect more from Emerson this year. He played well in the last game of Milan in pre-season. And I still hope he can give similar performance like he did against Gijon in Serie A games this season.

I don't get it why we should sell Emerson? We have 6 players for 3 positions and I think it's best number a club should have.
Siregar is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 12:29   #10465

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
if maangement wants to bring anderson inplace of emerson, that's fine by me though!
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 14:46   #10466

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
I dont get why people write off Emerson,he is still a great player who can add something to Milan.We cant say he is good,we cant say he is awful because he didnt played last season so i hope this season he will be fit and he will get match time so he can prove wat he is worth,then at the end of the season we will see whether he deserved a new contract or a trow away.....We just have to wait...time will show us.
Dutchie-Milan is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 19:10   #10467

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Then my question to you is: Did Bonera's poor defending didnt' cost us any point? Didn't Gattuso lack of cover in the midfield cost us point? Didn't the inability of Gilardino to score in front of goal cost us points?

Regarding "what if we had no Kaka`": Read carefully what Dev said: Without the other individuals I very doubt how Kaka` can become a star. Just see Sheva as an example. Don't forget that Kaka as a star is not just born but also made.

Another example will be Pirlo: We see how he is 'made' in LIppi's Italian team (with full adequate cover for him) but is made to suffer at Milan when Ambro and Gattuso failed to protect him.

And didn't that cost us point as well?

Just because the goal went past the GK didn't mean that GK is solely responsible for it.

****

I feel sorry for you being riduculed by your friends, but this just shows you again how high profile Milan is that your friend will actually make fun of. No one will probably do it with Cesc because Cheslsea is just in no way on par with Milan's status.


I have not made my argument clear. I am not saying that all of our problems last year are Dida's to blame. That would be ridiculous. But, all I'm saying is that Dida DID cost us points with his bad play, and I believe our correspondence in this regards involved you saying "For God's sake, it's Kalac who didn't save the goal last year." Sounds like YOU were pointing someone out!

I can totally understand the sentiment you feel about ungrateful fans. Many posters here are unreasonable IMO. But, Dida Sucked(!) last year, after making 4 million (quoted from Goal.com - so take it as you will.) You are trying to bypass Dida's problems by blaming the whole team (rightfully so) and Kalac specifically for his mistakes when he was a starter. The problem with your thinking is that Kalac was SUPPOSED to be a backup. He's obviously inferior to Dida, that's why he's not making 4 million! So you have to give a pass to Kalac for his poor play because he's being paid to step in only in the unlikely event that our (well paid) starting GK got hurt.

Our team sucked because they simply sucked. Dida was a big part of it. So was Kalac, so was Gattuso, so was Pirlo. Yet nothing you can say will change my view of an absolutely disgracefully OVERPAID Dida and his performance last year (again that Celtic game)......
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 20:20   #10468

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Glad that we come to a consensus on this matter, Russo. I think we are on the same page.

Regarding overpaid Dida: I don't know if Milan's philosophy is about pay-per-performance, but that's another matter and i don't think we should start here then...
Jeff is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 21:10   #10469

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Come to think of it, I think the co-ownership deal does make sense. If it was strictly a loan, the other party has no interest in giving the player a chance, developing him, and making him play well, because at the end of the loan period, the player returns anyways---so if his form drops, they just bench him.

On the other hand, if it's a co-ownership, the other team has an interest in developing the player because if the player turns out to be a success (like Boriello last year), they will be financially rewarded as the bigger club would buy the player back. So it's like an investment, so to speak...
rt9 is offline  
Old 29-08-2008, 22:00   #10470

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
You can view this as, "Milan pay $2M to Parma to train Paloschi" except, of course, Milan paid Genoa for $9M for that...
Jeff is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:03.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.