AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-09-2008, 09:14   #37

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyEdge View Post
I'm from a tiny dot of a country in the world map called Singapore.. Look at the map, I bet you cant even find it. I would love my country to be no.1 in the world (nationalism?) i would also love my country to have the no.1 military in the world (militarism?) and my country more or less run on authoritarian rule by a Lee Family (authoritarianism?) and I'm very happy living in this Island state known as one of the safest countries in the world ( you can be drunk, and walk ard in your pyjamas to 7-11 @ 3am and you're still more likely to get struck by lightning than being robbed ) has one of the most consistent economy growth in the world ( atleast 3.5% growth per annum ) but does that make me a fascist or fascist sympathiser?
First of all I know perfectly well where Singapore is, so you lost that bet. If you think your country is superioir to all others, and you think belonging to your nation is more important than anything else - then you're probably a nationalist.
If you think your country should maintain a strong military capability and be prepared to use it aggressively to defend or promote national interests - then you're a militarist.
And if you want your country to be run authoritatively by one family, then (obviously) you believe in Authoritarianism and (likely) some sort of monarchism.

Adding all these things together - I'd say you come off as at least a fascist sympathizer.

And it may be that you have a good life in Singapore, and you feel safe. But so did the vast majority of the people in the Third Reich (especially compared to the years before 1933). Yet ask the jews, romas, homosexuals and handicapped people in Germany how they felt - not to mention all the people affected by the war started by fascists (WW II).

I don't mean to draw cheap comparisons between Singapore and Nazi Germany, but it proved my point.
Ceceves is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:04.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.