AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-03-2009, 05:18   #1

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mathieu Flamini

After a slow start and loads of bench time he finally settled in very well!! He is in fine form and IMO he should stay into our first 11. as he clearly has more to offer than ambrosini. I know he was only into the team due to injurys but also Carlo has to see that he is performing very well.
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 06:09   #2

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
In all honesty, I think most of the time he just needed match chances to adjust to our play and assimilate into the side. He's showing his value now and more and more is becoming integral to our play. Finally, he looks like the successor to Rino we hoped he'd be.

I just hope Carlo sticks with him because I fear when Rino's back, Beckham will still get the nod ahead of him.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 09:42   #3

boring

Registered User
 
boring's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: India
Fave Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta, Nesta, Maldini
boring is on a distinguished road
I don't know if he can replace Gattuso since Flamini lacks that cunning sharpness (which he has lacked even in his Arsenal days) of the former. He's probably more technically skilled than Rino though. Just hope he becomes a crucial part of the future Milan. It's strange Ambrosini's had one of his worst seasons in the same year Flamini has arrived.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
boring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 10:26   #4

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by boring View Post
I don't know if he can replace Gattuso since Flamini lacks that cunning sharpness (which he has lacked even in his Arsenal days) of the former. He's probably more technically skilled than Rino though. Just hope he becomes a crucial part of the future Milan. It's strange Ambrosini's had one of his worst seasons in the same year Flamini has arrived.
Same could be said of Gattuso back when he was Flamini's age. He was a very raw talent back then and Flamini will probably improve with experience.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 16:23   #5

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
I see Flamini more as an ambrosini replacement. He is so much more than a player who can only defend. He hasnt got that super spirit gattuso has but he is a much better footballer.
His passing is very good.
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 17:11   #6

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
I see Flamini more as an ambrosini replacement. He is so much more than a player who can only defend. He hasnt got that super spirit gattuso has but he is a much better footballer.
His passing is very good.
I agree. His vision (play building) is also good. He can do task like he did against Siena by allowing Pirlo move forwards and playmake the game upfront. Flamini is capable to do Pirlo's job (to connect defence and midfield) when Pirlo doesn't yet come to his original position.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 21:14   #7

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
I keep talking about the box-to-box player we need----someone who can put in the crunching tackles, make good passes, run at the opposition, take shots---I think Flamini can be that player for us---provided Carlo gives him the chance.
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 04:49   #8

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
I keep talking about the box-to-box player we need----someone who can put in the crunching tackles, make good passes, run at the opposition, take shots---I think Flamini can be that player for us---provided Carlo gives him the chance.
I think that's essentially what Filipez and Siregar see in him, in that he is a much more complete footballer than Rino. It's interesting to see him getting comparions to both Rino and Ambro. He could be a very useful player for our club in the long term, we must let him continue to play and develop.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 05:09   #9

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
We'll see how smart carlo is this weekend. Seedorf back, max is back, pirlo is fit, beckham is fit... And Flamini is in very good form, interesting to see if he will play. IMO he will, carlo cant be that blind...
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 05:45   #10

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
i hope so, filipez
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 07:29   #11

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Some players need only playing time to show they can do it. Flamini is one of those, aldough he has been used in Milan on the right, on the left, with different duties etc.

Next year I'd play both him and Gattuso in the middle, with Yoan and Kaka'. Flamini would play central DM and Rinho on his old right side. There is 500% no way Gattuso will sit on the bench in Milan, also flamini doesnt deserve to be in second pile of milan's players.

Forza Flamini! One of those modern midfielders!¨He will only improove be sure.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 07:46   #12

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
We'll see how smart carlo is this weekend. Seedorf back, max is back, pirlo is fit, beckham is fit... And Flamini is in very good form, interesting to see if he will play. IMO he will, carlo cant be that blind...
That has been my fear all this time since Flamini has been playing. With Ambro and Seedorf back, I worry Flamini's time in the side will be cut short. Still, I'll hold faith in the fact that it was Ambro who was taken off against Siena and Flamini was arguably our man of the match.

With Flamini's recent showings and his ability and dynamism to be able to push forward I'm feeling more convinced the way to go next season is to have him and Rino (who will be used in his most successful role as a pure ball winner) just behind Pirlo. In that role he will be used as a ball winner, but he will have opportunities to push up knowing Rino is there to cover. Plus, I just love the thought of those two working side by side.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 10:21   #13

zakakhan

Registered User
 
zakakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Fave Players: Kaka,Messi,Pirlo,Ballack,Pato,Tavez
zakakhan is on a distinguished road
I always believe in Flamini's talent, but it's unfortunate that he didn't got much chances.... hopefully he would get now...
zakakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 12:12   #14

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
IMO Flamini should, from now on, be a starter.....wouldn't say he's the future of Milan, no - he is present of Milan. Some other players are Milan's history, but I don't want to drag that one again, we already have a thread about them
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.