AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-2009, 11:26   #7816

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
I'm sorry to say, but I agree with you. I know the market is young, but for f***'s sake, come on already.

BTW, some salt for the wound, tuttomercato has said that Napoli has smacked a 6m price tag on Santacroce who is waiting for Juve's call. This is sad in three ways. (1) Cheap price for a good player (2) A young, Italian talent that is probably going to rot on the bench behind Chiellini, Canna, and maybe even Legrottaglie (remember, he had a decent year last year) (3) We probably have NO chance whatsoever since I believe Milan do not have a good relationship with De Laurentis.

I dont know if I believe the price tag, but just to even see it, it's sad.
+ 1
Thereīs a thin line between play hard ball and to be cheap. This send a wrong msg around the world of football. We have a great history, but in the near future players will think twice before come to Milan(what is a crazy thing to imagine today).

We need to win now(what will be hard with the squads Juve and Inter are building), and we also need to not embarass ourselves in the market like we are doing this year...

Donīt get me wrong, I donīt want Milan to have a reputation of overpay like Real Madrid, but 3 teams calling Milan out for the same reason(insulting bids) are to much...and look, Iīm of the ones that always supports our managment.

Man, last year São Paulo didnīt accept Barcelona bid for Hernanes, but never called them cheap. For them, 15 millons wasnīt enough, but also wasnīt insulting...

Now, Hernanes values goes down and we manage to be called cheap? Wow

EDIT:Btw, canīt believe Napoli will sell for only 6 millon...the hype on this Brazilian-Italian(yep, he born in Brazil, near of my city) is too huge to believe on this notice.

Last edited by Brasileiro; 15-07-2009 at 11:46.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 11:42   #7817

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
I'm sorry to say, but I agree with you. I know the market is young, but for f***'s sake, come on already.

BTW, some salt for the wound, tuttomercato has said that Napoli has smacked a 6m price tag on Santacroce who is waiting for Juve's call. This is sad in three ways. (1) Cheap price for a good player (2) A young, Italian talent that is probably going to rot on the bench behind Chiellini, Canna, and maybe even Legrottaglie (remember, he had a decent year last year) (3) We probably have NO chance whatsoever since I believe Milan do not have a good relationship with De Laurentis.

I dont know if I believe the price tag, but just to even see it, it's sad.
So your're saying Santacroce is not better than Cannavaro or Legrottaglie? Well, if that's true then I don't see any reason for him to come to Milan. Maybe in exhange for someone like Favalli...
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 11:46   #7818

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
So your're saying Santacroce is not better than Cannavaro or Legrottaglie? Well, if that's true then I don't see any reason for him to come to Milan. Maybe in exhange for someone like Favalli...
I'm not saying he is better or not. But based on Ferrara's CHOICE to bring Canna back to Juve, he is going into week 1 with Cannavaro and Chiellini as starters.

As you may already know as well, the Italian national team is very political. Ferrara was Lippi's assistant. Dont you think Lippi is in his ear knowing that Canna-Chiellini is most likely our pairing in the back for WC 2010??

I'm not saying who is better or not, but each team has its politics behind everything. If we signed Mexes and based on pre-season performance the order would be (1)Mexes (2) Thiago Silva (3) Nesta, you could bet your house in Week 1 Mexes and Nesta would start because everyone wants Nesta back.

I may be off-base here, but trust me, following Italian football for 25 years now, these things end up being the truth and IT IS VERY SAD
MiamiMilanista is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 11:48   #7819

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
56th minute: Juventus 1 Cisco Roma 1

MiamiMilanista is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 11:54   #7820

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
56th minute: Juventus 1 Cisco Roma 1

A direct proof of how boring our mercato so far
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 11:57   #7821

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post
Is anyone else embarassed a bit this is the fourth team that has said they have been insulted by Milan MGTS offers I know some of this is because they want more money , but Wolsburg said our offer was a joke , Porto knew it was an awfull cheating tactic to get Aly at a cheaper price , Sao Paulo President said how much is a crate of Bananas worth cause thats all we have for Hernanes , and now Seville .

I know I go through glass half full/glass half empty moods , but its getting embarassing and will not be good for future business.
Sevilla only wants big money for Fabiano. There is no player from team B costs more than 5 mil euros.

Sao Paolo official who talked about Bananas just showed how he doesn't know anything about european football. Maybe he thinks Sao Paolo is bigger than AC Milan. I do question his capability as an official from a famous club like Sao Paolo.

What agent said only point out that the player really wants to play for Milan and the agent only wants the easiest way : Milan pay big money to Sevilla, Fabiano goes to Milan and the agent get money from the transfer and can relax.
Siregar is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 12:17   #7822

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLame View Post
Now that I've seen our latest transfer news, I really think they assigned Leo as a coach in order to save on salary of a worldclass coach.
i thought you left for chelsea man, oh i almost forgot we still got seedorf and kala
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 12:23   #7823

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
I don't think we can underestimate how severely our image is being dragged through the mud. Players, managers, clubs, officials etc. really see us as a club who are cheap, poor and on the decline. Add to that Berlusconi's latest activities, and it is shameful.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 12:35   #7824

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro
EDIT:Btw, canīt believe Napoli will sell for only 6 millon...the hype on this Brazilian-Italian(yep, he born in Brazil, near of my city) is too huge to believe on this notice.
I'm surprised you say this despite the guy owning us whenever we played Napoli. We needed him sent off before we could do anything in terms of offense. I clearly remember Dinho really struggling to get past him. I won't say that I watched him play week in week out, but in matches against the big teams of Italy, he always did well.
Mystik is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 12:36   #7825

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Galliani signs Cissokho coz Leo asked, Silvio says NO. We lie and make complete clowns out of ourselves ( well, them not me! ).

Managers of other teams are moking our bids saying we cant pay for players.

We sold two players with a value of 80mln, didnt bring noone and MGT claims we are no 1 in Italy?

Its all sad and its just a start of what I said when I realised Berlsuconi will no longer keep Milan a live. Money needs to be taken out before eventually Milan is sold.

about santacroce, you can remember that Pato said Santa is the best Cb he played against in serie a.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 12:55   #7826

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
Inter's Maxwell about to sign with Barca for about 3.7m ( I got the # from tuttomercato)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...-for-barcelona

Last edited by MiamiMilanista; 15-07-2009 at 12:58.
MiamiMilanista is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 12:56   #7827

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
There is one way out I think. If this team is humiliated completely next year it may be a good thing in the long run (as much as it would hurt in the short). Maybe, just maybe, Berlusconi will leave then or invest.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 12:58   #7828

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
There is one way out I think. If this team is humiliated completely next year it may be a good thing in the long run (as much as it would hurt in the short). Maybe, just maybe, Berlusconi will leave then or invest.
I thought the same thing when we were dumped out of the CL last year. I guess it didnt set in
MiamiMilanista is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 12:59   #7829

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
I thought the same thing when we were dumped out of the CL last year. I guess it didnt set in
Actually in a way it did, but it was short-lived.

I am talking about utter humiliation, like being dismantled in the Champions League and finishing 8th in Serie A or something like that.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 15-07-2009, 13:09   #7830

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Guys, I know that because you're so focused on Milan's transfer dealings that it seems as though Milan is the only club anyone complains about when it comes to low bids, etc., but that just isn't the case by any stretch of the imagination. Remember last year when Liverpool was trying (unsuccessfully) to buy Gareth Barry? And this has especially been the case this summer as teams look for big transfer fees in the wake of Madrid's spending spree, but don't want to pay big money themselves. Here's what the Udinese owner said about Juventus only a couple of weeks ago regarding Juve's pursuit of D'Agostino:

Quote:
Pozzo was unimpressed by the offer made by Juve.

"I am perplexed by the low value set by Juventus executives for the player,'' he said. "The difference between the asking price and the offer is huge. I have the impression that Juve have not thought about the real value of our midfielder.''
And think about all the stories that were in the papers when Inter offered just 6 million pounds for both Carvalho and Deco, which was half what Chelsea was asking. In England, the papers are always full of stories about lowball bids and comments from one club tweaking another.

Hell, even Real Madrid isn't immune to criticism when it comes to bids being considered too low! Consider this headline from Liverpool regarding Madrid's initial offer for Alonso:

Quote:
Liverpool laugh off Real’s low offers

Liverpool have rejected two offers for players from Real Madrid in the last week, with the La Liga outfit undervaluing the players completely.

It is understood that the Reds have turned down an offer in the region of Ģ20million for midfielder Xabi Alonso and a Ģ4million bid for full-back Alvaro Arbeloa.

Reports today suggest that Real Madrid are giving Rafa Benitez a 2 week deadline to accept an improved bid for Alonso, though it is thought the Reds won’t accept anything less than Ģ35million for the Spanish international.
So I wouldn't worry too much about what anybody says. The vast majority of people aren't paying any attention to what's going on and most fans of other clubs aren't focused on Milan anymore than the average poster here might be focused on Arsenal or Liverpool. Once Milan signs Fabiano or whoever, nobody will remember. And certainly once the season begins nobody is going to give it a second thought.

And keep in mind that the transfer market has been slow for almost everyone. Can anyone tell me who Barcelona has signed? And aside from Manchester City, there's been very little in the way of player aquisitions among the top 7 or 8 clubs in England. Some haven't even made a signing yet, while Manchester United has said their transfer market is closed after bringing in Valencia from Wigan and Owen on a free from Newcastle (to replace Ronaldo and Tevez!). Zhirkov is the only player Chelsea has signed who is likely to see much time with the senior team this year. Liverpool overpaid for Glen Johnson and that's it. Arsenal signed a center back. And Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are all currently fighting to hold onto some of their top players.
__________________
Forza Milan!

Last edited by Rick; 15-07-2009 at 13:15.
Rick is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:00.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.