![]() |
|
|
#1036 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
![]() |
hey if we stay with Hunter or can get Fabiano for Hunter basically , i'd prefer Fabiano honestly.
Last edited by Jay Crisp; 22-06-2010 at 05:04. |
|
|
|
|
#1037 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2004
![]() |
Torres might be a tad over-rated because he plays in Liverpool, but I would say the same things about Gerrard or Lampard, and other EPL players. However, I still think Torres is a fantastic player and one that truly is one of the world's best strikers, whether he is one of the greats, like Van Basten or something, is another issue all together.
I would not want Torres in Milan because he's from Spain. I don't know if he would succeed in Serie A or with Milan. That would be my hesitancy. There's something about Spanish players in Italy and Italian players in Spain that just doesn't work right. Dzeko, on the other hand, has done far more than "score a few goals." He has been fantastic not only when Wolfsburg were winning the Bundesliga last year, but also while Wolfsburg were struggling this year. Not just goals (top scorer this year) but also quite a few assists. Dzeko is underrated because he's from Bosnia. If he was playing for Portugal or England, people would be going crazy over him. Torres is a fantastic and exciting player, but not someone I'd like at Milan, for economic and tactical reasons. I see why some people are saying Torres is overrated, though I do not agree completely, however, I think if he was from a country other than Spain, I don't think we would care about him as much. As for Milan's moves in the transfer market, I'm not sure what to believe. Thiago Silva saying that he wants to stay until he's 40 is fantastic. Marco Amelia excites me. It seems Zambrotta is actually getting back to his best. If Amelia comes to us, that means Dida rumors can end, while we seem to be working to take Astori back. I think the management is actually trying. I'm not sure if I want Fabiano for Huntelaar, mostly because of his age, not his ability. Yes, I think that at 29-30, we need to look for younger players. Its amazing how with a new player, we don't care about the age, but when its a player that actually plays for us, than we go "Oooh Ronaldinho is 30 and he is finished!" If we're going to sell Huntelaar, I say we should buy Dzeko. Though it seems that loans are the way that we're going to go, which I'm fine with. I just hope we can offload Janku and Kaladze, who should show some loyalty to the club. While I argue that giving out long contracts is not necessarily a bad thing, it is Milan's responsibility to take care and honor its contracts. But these contracts were rewarded and given out of a loyalty Milan has to its players. These players should reciprocate this sort of loyalty, and I do not think they are doing that by blocking moves. No one really is talking about this Marco Amelia business, isn't this the sort of younger keeper that we wanted? |
|
|
|
|
#1038 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
![]() |
Im interested to see if there really be any step forward this summer.As the last couple of years Im sick and tired of hearing ....WE ARE CLOSE TOO...WE ARE LOOKING AT...WE ARE LOOKING TOO...WE WILLTALK WITH..WE ALMOST HAD ....WE DECIDED AGAINST...ACTUALLY WE ARE FULL OF CHAMPIONS.You know what I mean hopefully they realise we are in bad shape and need to rejuvinate the squad with players, and iut doesnt have to be 100 million spent.
|
|
|
|
|
#1039 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
![]() |
Anyone who says torres is overrated musnt be taken seriously about football.
And yes he had to score a few goals yesterday but go watch him a whole season, he is a fantastic striker.
__________________
Forza Milan
|
|
|
|
|
#1040 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
![]() |
Quote:
to the rest: i did not say torres is a bad player. not at all. he is in the top 5-7 strikers in the world, IMO. But people here drool over him like he's some kind of Pele/Maradona/Eusebio, all in one person. he is way overhyped for his skills. and, for the tenth time, my opinion is NOT based solely on yesterday's game, that game is only an example. btw Dzeko is, as of now, a better player. now go on in your ignorant ranting. Last edited by Stitch; 22-06-2010 at 09:21. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1041 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1042 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Sydney
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
![]() |
Quote:
__________________
the freewheelin' |
|
|
|
|
|
#1043 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
HOw can you say that Torres is over-rated if you admit he is a top 5-7 strikers in the world?
Nobody is saying Torres is Pele/Maradona..... All people, myself included are saying that he is one of the top striker in the world and any fans, any managers, any coaches and any team would love to have Torres playing for them instead of against him without worrying about transfer budget. Is Dzeko a better striker than Torres at this moment, the answer is no. He could be if Torres remain at his level now. To me, I would rather have Torres playing with Pato in the MIlan attack than Dzeko and Pato. As Torres and Pato are probably the fastest strikers pair I could think of and I doubt any Serie A teams have the speed to catch them in Counter. |
|
|
|
|
#1044 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: indo
Fave Players: basten, sheva, pirlo, kaka, ronaldinho
![]() |
speed doesnt always count for something
positioning and heading can grab the world to |
|
|
|
|
#1045 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2009
Location: Dubai
Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1046 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2009
Location: Dubai
Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
![]() |
it's really harsh to put Pirlo in the same category as those two regarding movement & effort!!!
|
|
|
|
|
#1047 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
![]() |
Quote:
as I said overrated doesn't mean that he is bad, just that he is not that good as people rate him. for example, i'd never say pippo (nowadays) is overrated, but that doesn't mean he is great. Yes, Torres' achievments so far in his career are far greater than Dzeko's, there's no denying that. But I'd argue that it has nothing to do with skills, but with the fact that Torres plays for Spain, and Liverpool, while Dzeko plays for lowly Bosnia (which made the biggest success with him as a leader, and ALMOST qualified for wc with players like Hasagic, Jahic, Ibricic and Muratovic in first 11), and Wolfsburg (you are familiar with his success there, I'm sure). EDIT: while torres is certalinly faster and quicker than Dzeko, I'd argue that we need Dzeko's attributes much more (shot with both feet, tall, great header, ability to play wide and run into defenders, ability to hold the ball without losing it...) Last edited by Stitch; 22-06-2010 at 14:24. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1048 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Quote:
And before the last Euro, Spain was "just" a good team ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead. So we should stop bashing Juventus ... ![]() Serie A Fantasy League The topic on MM The avatar to use by MM members |
|
|
|
|
|
#1049 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
![]() |
Torres is fast skillful can score with his head can shoot with BOTH YES BOTH feet , is also 6'1 so he's tall too , he carried Atletico for years and they were pretty bad and as was said before the last Euro's Spain were only a decent team who underachieved.
|
|
|
|
|
#1050 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: San Francisco California USA
Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
![]() |
Silvio Berlusconi Rules Out Milan Sale, Adriano Galliani Tells Barcelona's Zlatan Ibrahimovic There's No Room At The Inn
Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has sent a clear message that his club is not for sale, while Adriano Galliani has said the transfer market is open for business, but not for Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The Rossoneri have been marked for sale by reports in Italy with Arab investors ready to generate a mega takeover. However, Berlusconi has said Milan are not short for money, and thus no sale is necessary. "First you would have to see if there is someone really passionate about Milan ready to invest €50 million per annum like my family has done every year," he told Oggi magazine. "Then, Milan is the club that has won the most trophies in the world, more than Bernabeu's Real Madrid. "Thanks to Milan I am the most successful club president in the history of football." Galliani says the times of major spending are gone, leaving little room for Ibrahimovic. "Ibrahimovic? Impossible. He costs too much. Plus the financial system in Spain is better," he told Sky Sport Italia. "In Spain there is a more favourable tax regime. Barcelona pays a lower [tax] than an Italian team. So it is impossible he could return to Italy. It's not conceivable that he would reduce his salary." There is a chance for Luis Fabiano though. "Will Luis Fabiano play for Milan? I hope so. I spoke to him last year, but the move didn't happen. He has impressed me the most at the World Cup," he concluded. "He could be the new purchase, but if he doesn't leave [Sevilla] then he can't arrive ![]() www.goal.com |
|
|