AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-2010, 05:10   #151

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Well, I'm a big fan of good players. I don't care if he's Dutch, or Brazilian, or Martian; if he adds some quality that we need then I'm all for him.
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 07:19   #152

Snapster

Registered User
 
Snapster's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini, Kakà
Snapster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Well, I'm a big fan of good players. I don't care if he's Dutch, or Brazilian, or Martian; if he adds some quality that we need then I'm all for him.
Agree with this although I look at other attributes beyond the technical.

Physical and mental attributes are just as important as technical attributes in today's game and it's a balance you need to get right. Perfect example is Pirlo in that we have a gifted technical player and needs other players around him to strike up a balance to make up for his lack of presence and pace (Gattuso pre 2008).
__________________
Time to get back to where we belong, on top!
Snapster is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 07:22   #153

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Tuttomercato says Bale's price is around 20mln euro... That is, in my oppinion, more then a good deal considering that man is one of the best wide players in the world, and is 20.

Money from Marek's wages, Onyewu, Oddo, Seedorf wages, Gattuso ( all useless players ) needs to be invested in one class player. By all standards Milan needs a fullback like him.

But rumors say Mourinho wants him in there so...

Also, its interesting to see now hoe Leonadro wanted Hernanes for past 2 years, said that Ganso is the player he likes in that U20 WC where we all looked at Giliano, and wanted Bale in Milan when the price was around 4-5mln 2 years ago! Nice, Galliani...
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 07:32   #154

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I hope we won't go for a player like Bale ... that would mean we plan to use this 4-3-3 formation again and again !!

All I hope is that once Ronaldinho will be gone (or even before), we'll use again some more balanced formation (4-3-3 is balanced with some conditions, 4-3-1-2 is more balanced even with a static midfield) ...

I don't care about the names of the players we buy, I care more about their favourite position/role in a team.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 08:07   #155

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I hope we won't go for a player like Bale ... that would mean we plan to use this 4-3-3 formation again and again !!

All I hope is that once Ronaldinho will be gone (or even before), we'll use again some more balanced formation (4-3-3 is balanced with some conditions, 4-3-1-2 is more balanced even with a static midfield) ...

I don't care about the names of the players we buy, I care more about their favourite position/role in a team.
I agree. Ronaldinho was a great talent, but look what he's done to us. He forces us to ONLY play this 4-3-3 with our static midfield, it's not working. Not to mention how STATIC he is without the ball, he can't beat defenders anymore, he doesn't move, and Ibra does not like this system.

I have many critiques of what we should do but this formation and this choice of midfield is NUMERO UNO.

4-3-1-2 is only thing that makes sense to me at this time. Only other option which is not good but better is a 4-2-3-1 with Flamini and Prince staying PUT in the back with R80/R70/Ibra/Pato all up top... but I don't like that idea but anything is better than this 4-3-3 with gattuso pirlo...etc

I would buy Poli, Jucilei, and a LB (Coentrao) or another promising defender...any ideas?

Temporary Solution:

--------------------Amelia/Abbiati--------------------
----Zambrotta-----Nesta--T. Silva------Antonini-----
-----------Boateng----Pirlo----Flamini----------------
---------------------Robinho---------------------------
-----------------Pato---Ibrahimovic-------------------

Solution in January:

---------------------Amelia/Abbiati--------------------
Antonini/Zambro----Nesta--T. Silva----Coentrao/Bale--
------------Boateng----Jucilei----Flamini--------------
------------------------Robinho--------------------------------
-------------------Pato---Ibrahimovic-------------------------

Key Points:

* 3 Box to Box Midfielders
* Ibra as SUPPORT striker who's able to switch roles with Pato
* Pato plays as last man ..using his speed to his effectiveness playing off of Ibra
* Robinho with FREEDOM
* No Ronaldinho
* A strong LB with Antonini/Zambro rotated at RB


SUBS:
DF: Bonera, Yepes, Sokratis, Zambrotta, Abate, Jankulovski, Oddo, Onyewu
MF: Ambrosini, Pirlo, Poli, Merkel, Strasser
ST: Inzaghi, Paloschi, Oduamadi

SELL:
Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso

Release/Sell next Summer:
Jankulovski, Oddo, Bonera
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 08:52   #156

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Well, I'm a big fan of good players. I don't care if he's Dutch, or Brazilian, or Martian; if he adds some quality that we need then I'm all for him.
Couldn't agree more, Nalx.

Btw, confirmed by one of the best side-line Reporter in Brazil(Fernando Fernandes) at the Santos X Corinthians game last night. A group of Juve people(scouts, directors) were at the game yesterday to watch "The Monster" live. NO word of Milan people...

Good news: With the absence of Paulinho and Ralf, Jucilei played more deep, in a holder role and rarely goes forward.
Bad news: The first time he goes forward, set up Corinthains first goal with a amazing play.

Lets hope we don't miss on the Blackenbauer like we did with Hernanes. He was cheap in August(6 millions for Napoli, Dinamo Kiev, PSG and 8/10 M for us), but we never bid. Jucilei turned down some offers because he wants a big club. With Leo gone(as scout), I'm afraid we aren't even look at him...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 09:24   #157

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Name the place, I am jumping on the next flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
A bit curious about this place myself to be honost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Please no PMs guys, sharing is caring and that place we are all curious about... Brazilians are just off the charts... football-wise ofcourse
Not only one, but several places. To find Alessandra Type, you can go to Florianopolis parties in the summer(of Brazil), Campos do Jordão in the winter(of Brazil), Arraial D'ajuda, Trancoso(December 31), Porto Alegre any time, "Camarote Salvador" in Salvador Carnival and the list goes on...

Tell me the time you can come here, and I tell you the places to go. If you want a Alessandra Ambrosio type
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 10:03   #158

Pato Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2009
Fave Players: Pato, Kaka, Dinho, Zidane, Cafu, RC6 and Pirlo!
Pato Milan is on a distinguished road
OFF TOPIC:
Brasileiro I know you are going to like this Giuliano has been called up for the NT!!
But no Jucilei or Neymar...
It's a pity Marcelo and Hernanes weren't called up either

Goalkeepers:
Victor - Grêmio
Jefferson - Botafogo
Neto - Atlético Paranaense

Defenders:
Daniel Alves - Barcelona
Mariano - Fluminense
Thiago Silva - Milan
Alex Costa - Chelsea
David Luiz - Benfica
Rever - Atlético Mineiro
André Santos - Fenerbahçe
Adriano - Barcelona

Midfielders:
Lucas - Liverpool
Sandro - Tottenham Hotspur
Ramires - Chelsea
Elias - Corinthians
Wesley - Werder Bremen
Carlos Eduardo - Rubin Kazan
Giuliano - Internacional
Philippe Coutinho - Internazionale

Attckers:
Robinho - Milan
Alexandre Pato - Milan
Nilmar - Villareal
André - Dínamo Kiev
Pato Milan is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 10:41   #159

Kaka1899

Registered User
 
Kaka1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kakà, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
Roma's new signing Marco Borriello believes the penalties his side were denied in Brescia last night would have been given if it were Milan instead.

The Giallorossi lost 2-1 at the Rigamonti and felt the referee did them no favours, especially in light of Philippe Mexes' harsh sending off.

Interviewed on Sky Italia, Borriello said: “There were two, perhaps three penalties for us.

“These things never happened to us at Milan. [Last night] I understood the difference between playing for Roma and Milan.

“Anyway we are a great team and we will react. We know how to start again.

“To think that when Russo refereed a Milan match he even asked for my shirt. Now he won't even exchange a few words with me.”
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO
ALWAYS NERO
ALWAYS A ROSSONERO



San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 11:54   #160

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Tuttomercato says Bale's price is around 20mln euro... That is, in my oppinion, more then a good deal considering that man is one of the best wide players in the world, and is 20.
Spurs wouldn't sell Bale for 20 million euros, they turned down higher offers for him in the summer.

Don't forget that Spurs are playing Bale as a left-winger while they play Assou-Ekotto at left-back. Bale's defensive skills were a little questionable to begin with, but then he was moved further forward so now he doesn't have to worry too much about it, just on tracking back which he can do all day.

It's a nice idea and the kind of player we'd need (hard working), don't see it happening though.

Shame we didn't get Hernanes. A midfield of Flamini-Hernanes-Boateng would have been pretty decent.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 12:03   #161

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pato Milan View Post
OFF TOPIC:
Brasileiro I know you are going to like this Giuliano has been called up for the NT!!
But no Jucilei or Neymar...
It's a pity Marcelo and Hernanes weren't called up either

Goalkeepers:
Victor - Grêmio
Jefferson - Botafogo
Neto - Atlético Paranaense

Defenders:
Daniel Alves - Barcelona
Mariano - Fluminense
Thiago Silva - Milan
Alex Costa - Chelsea
David Luiz - Benfica
Rever - Atlético Mineiro
André Santos - Fenerbahçe
Adriano - Barcelona

Midfielders:
Lucas - Liverpool
Sandro - Tottenham Hotspur
Ramires - Chelsea

Elias - Corinthians
Wesley - Werder Bremen
Carlos Eduardo - Rubin Kazan
Giuliano - Internacional
Philippe Coutinho - Internazionale

Attckers:
Robinho - Milan
Alexandre Pato - Milan

Nilmar - Villareal
André - Dínamo Kiev
Yep, I'm happy for Giuliano. Let's hope he shows at senior Brazil NT the talent he displayed at under-20 and in Internacional.

Regarding Marcelo, I don't know if it has something to do with the fact he asked for a dismiss(because of injure) in the last call, and two day later was training with Real Madrid. I hope not, because it would be bad for Brazil and the player.

Hernanes maybe is to make room for Elias and Wesley call up.

Jucilei case is strange, because now he's playing even better(and is more hyped by the press) than when he was called up for the first time. But there are 2 facts maybe explain his absence. First, Mano is trying out a lot of players and called Elias and Wesley. Second, and related to Elias, Brasileirão don't stop for those friendlies(unlike Serie A, La Liga, EPL...), and since Mano wants to test Elias, I'm almost sure he didn't want to hurt even more Corinthians(leader of Brasileirão) calling Jucilei, too. It's probably the real reason...

Right now Mano is just in a experimental phase and it's hard to know what is his favorite group. A thing we will only know for sure next season. But one thing is becoming obvious, the players that I bold are clearly front runners. Also, keep in mind some of these players are for Olympic team...

P.S.The only big NO for me are in the Jeferson(GK) and in Rever(CB) choices.

Last edited by Brasileiro; 23-09-2010 at 12:08.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 17:25   #162

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I hope we won't go for a player like Bale ... that would mean we plan to use this 4-3-3 formation again and again !!

All I hope is that once Ronaldinho will be gone (or even before), we'll use again some more balanced formation (4-3-3 is balanced with some conditions, 4-3-1-2 is more balanced even with a static midfield) ...

I don't care about the names of the players we buy, I care more about their favourite position/role in a team.
I dont agree Geo. Bale plays LM in 4-4-2, he also played LB for Tottenham. Now Ekotto is the LB, but Bale can do it. For a young player of such class there is no problem in developing some of his defending in a club like Milan. Its not like he is a defender without a head like Abate, he is just used in midfield right now becouse he contributes more to the team.

And also, it doesnt mean we'll play 4-3-3, why would it mean that? Bale can play in 4-3-1-2 without any problems. If Sergio could play LB for us, Bale for sure can. Not only that, he'll be the best attacking fullback in the world, Im 100% sure.

Maicon in Monaco... take a look at his defending 5,6 years ago etc.

PAstore - class
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 17:25   #163

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
Borrielo's comments are disgusting..
typical behavour of a spoiled, not that talented and ungrateful player..

ps Pastore plays like he is,secretly, listening to his mp3 player, some classical music, at the same time..
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"

Last edited by M.O.I.; 23-09-2010 at 17:29.
M.O.I. is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 18:03   #164

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I dont agree Geo. Bale plays LM in 4-4-2, he also played LB for Tottenham. Now Ekotto is the LB, but Bale can do it. For a young player of such class there is no problem in developing some of his defending in a club like Milan. Its not like he is a defender without a head like Abate, he is just used in midfield right now becouse he contributes more to the team.

And also, it doesnt mean we'll play 4-3-3, why would it mean that? Bale can play in 4-3-1-2 without any problems. If Sergio could play LB for us, Bale for sure can. Not only that, he'll be the best attacking fullback in the world, Im 100% sure.

Maicon in Monaco... take a look at his defending 5,6 years ago etc.

PAstore - class
Well, Bale never was really impressive as a LB, and losing his place for Assou Ekoto means he wasn't good because Assou Ekoto is an average LB.

Bale seems to be amazing as a LM/LW, and I think with all these games he has played in midfield, he will now play his whole career in midfield. Furthermore, in England, a player like Bale can have a place in the midfield of all big clubs (Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United use this kind of player), so it's unlikely he will come to Milan to play as a LB I think.

If we take Bale to use him as a LB, it will mean we don't know what to do IMO, because instead of looking for a proper LB, we will take a LM/LW and force him to play behind ?!

Both for Milan and Bale, such a transfer should never happen, unless we want to have Bale to "replace" Ronaldinho on the left flank (with Bale instead of Ronaldinho, there would be less killer passes, but the team would be more balanced and Bale runs a lot more, so there would be one more solution when going forward). And in this case, that means we will still play a kind of 4-3-3, it's what I meant. I'm not for taking a player and use him in another position he's not used to (Bale is used to play as a LB but isn't good enough there), so when you say we could take Bale, I immediately think that if we take him, he'll be a LM/LW.

Not sure he can play in a 4-3-1-2.

About Maicon, it's a miracle, in Monaco, he was ridiculous, both in defence and going forward. He wasn't even really good physically. It's what I said once, I don't know who decided in Inter to take him, I don't know how they did to make him improve this way, but they have to get credit for that (just for that, 'cause Inter is full of "use any insult you like"). This kind of progression is unlikely to happen to any player.

And Pastore has to come in Milan to make the jump into the highest level of football (and also because he would allow us to be back at the highest level, both the club and the player win at the end ).
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 23-09-2010 at 18:07.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 23-09-2010, 18:04   #165

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I dont agree Geo. Bale plays LM in 4-4-2, he also played LB for Tottenham. Now Ekotto is the LB, but Bale can do it. For a young player of such class there is no problem in developing some of his defending in a club like Milan. Its not like he is a defender without a head like Abate, he is just used in midfield right now becouse he contributes more to the team.

And also, it doesnt mean we'll play 4-3-3, why would it mean that? Bale can play in 4-3-1-2 without any problems. If Sergio could play LB for us, Bale for sure can. Not only that, he'll be the best attacking fullback in the world, Im 100% sure.

Maicon in Monaco... take a look at his defending 5,6 years ago etc.

PAstore - class
Don't agree at all. He hardly ever plays LB for Tottenham, and when he has, most of the time he has been a weak point defensivly. Don't understand what you see in him that points to him being better at defending than actual LB's who are excellent going forward like Marcelo for one, or one of the million good wingers out there.

Not gonna say he can't be a good LB, cause he's very young, but so far he hasn't shown anything that suggests he's anything special as a LB, at least not worth buying from Tottenham for what they want for him.
Christian is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.