AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 16:42   #586

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Coentrao and Bale are IMO the same players (Coentrao is better): they're not fullbacks and I hardly see them playing them in this position. If one of them was to come in Milan and play as a FB, I'd hope to be wrong, but right now, it would be a waste of time, talent and money for both players and the club.

PS: Why would they come in Milan to play as a FB if they can go, let's say to Real Madrid for example and play in their real position ? I think the players sometimes make rational choices ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 16:50   #587

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
- Gareth Bale is making Maicon looking like a traning cone.
Oh Bale how I loveth you.
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 16:59   #588

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
- Gareth Bale is making Maicon looking like a traning cone.


What's this guy having for a dinner? It's on 88th minute and he can still sprint almost half the field. To Inter defense he must be the new Serginho.
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 17:58   #589

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Coentrao and Bale are IMO the same players (Coentrao is better): they're not fullbacks and I hardly see them playing them in this position. If one of them was to come in Milan and play as a FB, I'd hope to be wrong, but right now, it would be a waste of time, talent and money for both players and the club.

PS: Why would they come in Milan to play as a FB if they can go, let's say to Real Madrid for example and play in their real position ? I think the players sometimes make rational choices ...
Marcelo?
Siregar is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 19:00   #590

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Coentrao and Bale are IMO the same players (Coentrao is better): they're not fullbacks and I hardly see them playing them in this position. If one of them was to come in Milan and play as a FB, I'd hope to be wrong, but right now, it would be a waste of time, talent and money for both players and the club.

PS: Why would they come in Milan to play as a FB if they can go, let's say to Real Madrid for example and play in their real position ? I think the players sometimes make rational choices ...
From what I've seen Coentrao plays full back much better than Bale plays full back, Bale's just excellent at a wing these days. Seems like he's already one of the best pure wingers today. Don't forget that Coentrao always plays full back for Portugal, and though he's still new to the Portugeuse national team, he was still part of a very solid defense at the world cup.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure both players would come to Milan if given the chance. They both know that these days not alot of the biggest clubs are looking for traditional wingers, and would use them as full backs. On one hand there's a trend of playing inverted wingers, and most of those clubs that do use traditional wingers are mostly booked.
Christian is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 19:17   #591

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
both coentrao and bale are gr8,but its clear that bale is the next big thing..not that coentrao isnt,but bale is already playing on higher levels because of epl..

today he made maicon seem like an old fool man..loved it
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"
M.O.I. is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 20:24   #592

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
I strongly disagree that Bale & Coentrao cannot play LEFT BACK...

With good coaching (Marcelo) they can be excellent there. Would you rather Antonini?? De Ceglie? comeon guys let's be real...

I'd take Coentrao in a heart beat.. he scored 2 goals today and looked very solid in WC....

what we got is SH&T right now at Fullback. Let's be honest....

If we don't get them then Juventus should as they play a 4-4-2...and Pepe don't cut the mustard...
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 01:48   #593

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Coentrao definitely can defend...he obviously is not world class yet, but offensively he is fantastic and he runs all the time back and forth. Coentrao is perfect for us (even Serginho wasn't the best defender).

Bale I cannot judge on his defense as I haven't seen him enough, but this year from midfield he's been absolutely world class. His two games against Inter have been spectacular and I haven't seen anyone own a team so badly since Ronaldinho's days at Barca.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 03:36   #594

gregorio

Registered User
 
gregorio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2003
Location: Hungary
Fave Players: Marco van Basten, Weah, Ronaldinho, Pato, Messi
gregorio
Our main problem is the midfield!
Look at Barcelona and the spanish team, they have Xavi and Iniesta and they are dominating almost every game, not because of Messi, because of these two midfielders! Without them Messi wouldn't be that awsome!!
Most games are decided in the midfield!!
When Pirlo, Seedorf and Gattuso were in their prime, we won every battle in the midfield!
If the midfield works well, they put the strikers in better position to score, and help the defense and take some pressure off from them!
Nowadays soccer is faster and faster and needs lots of space and stamina besides the creativity!
Our attack is one of the strongest in the world, our defense is not so bad (of course it would be nice to have two great fullbacks, but Nesta and Thiago Silva are one of the bests)
But our midfielders are finished, they are twoo old, slow and not hungry, motivated! In the last 10 years we always changed our attack and defense but our midfield remained almost the same!
We can dominate in one or two games with this midfield, or small teams in Seria A, but in Europe, not any more and we miss consistency!
Everyone says that Seedorf, Gattuso and Ambrosini are finished, yes I agree, they are done, but I see our biggest flop and luxury is Pirlo! Yes, he can pass, and his vision is super, but that's all, he is slow, can't run any more, can't dribble, and he is a luxury in our midfield! We would need two defensive guy to cover up Pirlo!
Beside Xavi and Iniesta I only see 3 guys who can be a great Pirlo replacement: Fabregas, Hernanes, Modric! It's easier to find great defensive midfielders, but it's very rare to find creative guys who can dictate the tempo!
I wouldn't change our attack next summer, I would add min. one fb and cb, but I totally revolutionised our midfield!
We have to get rid of Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso and Ambrosini, invest in one creative and one defensive midfielder and bring up Merkel, who can bring a german mentality, to die on the pitch!!
Flamini, Boateng, Merkel, Strasser, Poli, CM, DM and we are set!
Ronaldinho, Robinho and Pato would be much better behind this midfield, and our defense would have less pressure!
gregorio is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 04:01   #595

bayern

Registered User
 
bayern's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2008
Location: CCS
Fave Players: jucilei, Riquelme
bayern is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Siregar, I respect bayern because he really watch Brazilian league, so he has the rights to express his opinion...Thats said, I strongly disagree with his Bruno Cesar opinion. Bruno is a good prospect, but FAR AWAY from Ganso's level. Far, far, far... is not even close... at least in my opinion.

Bruno is scoring a lot, no doubt... but he also shoots a lot!! Very selfish for my #10. I still can't say if Bruno is a #10 or a second striker. He score like a second striker(lacks speed), but stil didn't show he can be the "creator" of the team...

To make it short, imo the actual Bruno would be a flop at Milan, and compare him to Ganso is deadly wrong. One more time, thats my opinion...

EDITED:To be fair, I have to say Bruno is a amazing FK taker... and only in that area he's better than Ganso.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think Bruno Cesar would flop at Milan, because he already plays like a European playmaker and not like a brasilian revelation with two million dribbling. :neymar:

By the way, in all games Bruno faced Ganso, Bruno was better than PH Ganso. In Santo Andre jersey as much as in Corinthians jersey.

Ganso is a good prospect. But he is also one big hype.

edit:
BTW: BC10 is playing tonight - people should make a picture themselves.

Last edited by bayern; 03-11-2010 at 04:04.
bayern is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 06:45   #596

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio View Post
Our main problem is the midfield!
Look at Barcelona and the spanish team, they have Xavi and Iniesta and they are dominating almost every game, not because of Messi, because of these two midfielders! Without them Messi wouldn't be that awsome!!
Most games are decided in the midfield!!
When Pirlo, Seedorf and Gattuso were in their prime, we won every battle in the midfield!
If the midfield works well, they put the strikers in better position to score, and help the defense and take some pressure off from them!
Nowadays soccer is faster and faster and needs lots of space and stamina besides the creativity!
Our attack is one of the strongest in the world, our defense is not so bad (of course it would be nice to have two great fullbacks, but Nesta and Thiago Silva are one of the bests)
But our midfielders are finished, they are twoo old, slow and not hungry, motivated! In the last 10 years we always changed our attack and defense but our midfield remained almost the same!
We can dominate in one or two games with this midfield, or small teams in Seria A, but in Europe, not any more and we miss consistency!
Everyone says that Seedorf, Gattuso and Ambrosini are finished, yes I agree, they are done, but I see our biggest flop and luxury is Pirlo! Yes, he can pass, and his vision is super, but that's all, he is slow, can't run any more, can't dribble, and he is a luxury in our midfield! We would need two defensive guy to cover up Pirlo!
Beside Xavi and Iniesta I only see 3 guys who can be a great Pirlo replacement: Fabregas, Hernanes, Modric! It's easier to find great defensive midfielders, but it's very rare to find creative guys who can dictate the tempo!
I wouldn't change our attack next summer, I would add min. one fb and cb, but I totally revolutionised our midfield!
We have to get rid of Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso and Ambrosini, invest in one creative and one defensive midfielder and bring up Merkel, who can bring a german mentality, to die on the pitch!!
Flamini, Boateng, Merkel, Strasser, Poli, CM, DM and we are set!
Ronaldinho, Robinho and Pato would be much better behind this midfield, and our defense would have less pressure!
I am still not sure if our biggest problem is fullback or creative midfielder but I tend to go to the last part. We really need creative midfielder. Pirlo can't do it alone even since he started his job as deep-playing playmaker with Milan.

So, I absolutely disagree with most of your say about Pirlo. From all games Milan have done with Pirlo, he just has been like that: slow, never dribble (he has the ability to cover the ball very well but not to dribble it) and can't run. The problem is, he can't play with the ball from our defensive area until opponent defensive area. It is almost impossible. Either he plays as deep-playing playmaker accompanied by creative midfielder or he plays as offensive midfielder, it can be in old Seedorf position or playmaker behind strikers.

If we take Pirlo out and have only one creative midfielder with our current squad, it won't be better. Boateng and Robinho until now haven't shown that they can fill the position Seedorf and Ronaldinho have with regard the offensiveness creativity they are able to do.
Siregar is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 09:26   #597

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio View Post
Our main problem is the midfield!
Look at Barcelona and the spanish team, they have Xavi and Iniesta and they are dominating almost every game, not because of Messi, because of these two midfielders! Without them Messi wouldn't be that awsome!!
Most games are decided in the midfield!!
When Pirlo, Seedorf and Gattuso were in their prime, we won every battle in the midfield!
If the midfield works well, they put the strikers in better position to score, and help the defense and take some pressure off from them!
Nowadays soccer is faster and faster and needs lots of space and stamina besides the creativity!
Our attack is one of the strongest in the world, our defense is not so bad (of course it would be nice to have two great fullbacks, but Nesta and Thiago Silva are one of the bests)
But our midfielders are finished, they are twoo old, slow and not hungry, motivated! In the last 10 years we always changed our attack and defense but our midfield remained almost the same!
We can dominate in one or two games with this midfield, or small teams in Seria A, but in Europe, not any more and we miss consistency!
Everyone says that Seedorf, Gattuso and Ambrosini are finished, yes I agree, they are done, but I see our biggest flop and luxury is Pirlo! Yes, he can pass, and his vision is super, but that's all, he is slow, can't run any more, can't dribble, and he is a luxury in our midfield! We would need two defensive guy to cover up Pirlo!
Beside Xavi and Iniesta I only see 3 guys who can be a great Pirlo replacement: Fabregas, Hernanes, Modric! It's easier to find great defensive midfielders, but it's very rare to find creative guys who can dictate the tempo!
I wouldn't change our attack next summer, I would add min. one fb and cb, but I totally revolutionised our midfield!
We have to get rid of Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso and Ambrosini, invest in one creative and one defensive midfielder and bring up Merkel, who can bring a german mentality, to die on the pitch!!
Flamini, Boateng, Merkel, Strasser, Poli, CM, DM and we are set!
Ronaldinho, Robinho and Pato would be much better behind this midfield, and our defense would have less pressure!
Excellent post although it's nothing I have not said nor others on these boards.

We also need FB's. Unfortunately we need both to be the powerhouse team we wish to be. I agree getting rid of the ENTIRE Midfield is what we need to do. Promoting Strasser & Merkel and buying maybe Jucilei and Ganso or players of the like is what we need to do. I'm not saying they have to be two Brazilians, Honda, VdV, I can't really think of too many others. Pastore is out of the question as he's too expensive now.

I like Coentrao as LB. Can anyone tell me another FB that is available and as good ? I don't think anyone can...
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 11:45   #598

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
I like Coentrao as LB. Can anyone tell me another FB that is available and as good ? I don't think anyone can...
Do you follow his games in Portuguese League regularly?
Siregar is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 12:27   #599

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Berlusconi wants ADP in Milan.
I don't know or really want to know if it's true or not.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 12:59   #600

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Berlusconi wants ADP in Milan.
I don't know or really want to know if it's true or not.
No wonder Milan have been so old for quite long time.
Siregar is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:43.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.