AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-2009, 01:53   #31

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ree_zq View Post
I'm glad If he joins us. But will he? Sometimes I'm bored with Milan's transfer issues. Galliani always withdraw the negotiation.
he's already signed

he trains with the players and have already made his debut in the friendly against Hannover..
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 04:16   #32

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Silva is not as tall as NEsta for example, but it doesnt matter so much in modern football as he has extreme explosivity and jumping ability. Cannavaro is short and he can mark any forward in the world even now at the age of 34(destroys Eto'o every time, I enjoy it always!! hehehe!).

Silva is a class above Bonera, Kaladze and such players. He has speed and technique, everything brasilians have.

There is only one thing that worries me and I will not know that untill I see him play serie a. Will he be able to tactically play at the level of serie a? He is a clever player, and reads the game well. But he tands to pass too much sometimes, uses technique a bit too much at moments etc...goes forward.

We'll see, those are details, Im sure Milanellowill do its coaching job. In any case Im VERY satisfied with what I've seen from Silva playing for Brasil ( havent seen Hannover game).
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 20:52   #33

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Saw Goal.com gave Thiago Silva the MoM in the game against England. Did anybody see the match? How was he?
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 02:08   #34

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
he was pretty solid.. I didnt see the entire game but yeah he was one of the best players from what I seen... and so far this season he's also been one of our best players... what a great buy he's turned out to be
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 03:51   #35

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Saw Goal.com gave Thiago Silva the MoM in the game against England. Did anybody see the match? How was he?
He was excellent. Faultless at the back and generally very solid, making the odd run forward too. I don't know if he was the MoM as England really didn't test the Brazil backline much.

For me Nilmar was probably the MOM as he was a constant threat throughout and scored a great goal. England simply couldn't deal with him.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 14:08   #36

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I was a bit sceptical about him after his first performances in Milan (I didn't see anything special in him), but right now, I have to admit he is a true phenom, he's a WC defender or almost, to confirm that, we'll have to wait for the first important games in CL with a lot of pressure: so the games after our first place in the groups stage !!
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 22:20   #37

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Thing is, we have no one to step up if either Nesta or Thiago gets injured. Next season, Davide Astori will provide that, but for now??????
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 22:27   #38

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
We have the great Kala. He is a solid player as long as he plays with a great CB
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 10:57   #39

Rabia15

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Rabia15 is on a distinguished road
already one of the best defenders in the world,i hope he can improve with Nesta and became better defender.
Rabia15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 08:56   #40

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Thiago Silva stayed at Milan for family reasons

AC Milan defender Thiago Silva has revealed he turned down a move to Real Madrid this summer because of his wife.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nsfers&cc=5901
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 10:09   #41

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does that mean he could leave ACM for family reasons as well? Like a friend tells his wife that Madrid food is much better than MIian's or like the young boys of Madrid/Munich etc are much more romantic than Milan's
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 17:14   #42

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
Does that mean he could leave ACM for family reasons as well? Like a friend tells his wife that Madrid food is much better than MIian's or like the young boys of Madrid/Munich etc are much more romantic than Milan's
Don't worry mzk, Milano is most favorite place for most females.

I like his quote: "I hope to stay as long as possible. I would have no problems playing until I am 40 like Maldini. I owe plenty to [Paolo] Maldini and Sandro [Nesta]. They have been exceptional with me. Playing with Nesta makes me better."

Silva IMO is a honest player, he doesn't give wonderful words to only satisfy others while he has already plan to do the opposite thing from what he said.
__________________
´
If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally.

Last edited by Siregar; 19-11-2010 at 17:23.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 20:30   #43

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
As they say, a Great Footballer can play anywhere on the field....and after the performance against Cesena,, I agree. Thiago Silva in my opinion chipped and sprayed the ball like Pirlo,,, and his defending is obviously excellent.

Very good performance, although I think I want him to be our future CB, our future defensive legend, you can't help but wonder he may be able to do as DM....
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 08:01   #44

abbeyleemaniac

Registered User
 
abbeyleemaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2010
abbeyleemaniac is on a distinguished road
if Allegri continues to play Silva in midfield, he will do much better game after game. He is great destroyer, great tackler, his dribbling ability, long balls, vision, long shoots, read the game well, he could be a great box to box player for us.

And however he is one of the best defenders in the world if not the best. For me he is the best defenderin the world. i love and admire him. hope he stays at Milan forever and retire with us.
abbeyleemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 09:40   #45

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
I can't believe he's not being compared to Rijkaard yet.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.