AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Primavera players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Milan vs Palermo now can be seen here:

http://www.drakulastream.eu/free-live-vi...70602.html
Match has finished and ended 3-2 to Palermo. A really disappointing result as the side were excellent in the first half and totally dominant in all aspects. They went in 1-0 at half time thanks to a great Di Molfetta goal, although they could have had 2 or 3.

The second half saw a real drop in intensity and organisation. Palermo had a half chance and De Santis conceded a penalty. Then Donnarumma got sent off after a rash challenge as the last man and Palermo scored with 5 minutes to go of normal time. Calabria equalised straight away and the side tried to push for a winner, only to get hit on the break in the final seconds of the match.

It was an extremely frustrating performance, mostly because the side did so well in the first half, only to see a significant drop in the second, one which was totally avoidable. Before the penalty, I don't think Palermo had even tested Donnarumma.

With two losses, I assume that we're out of the competition, correct?
Yeah I read the team is out. Strange, two losses but both performances were dominant.

Here are highlights from the latest Primavera game where we beat Pescara 7-2. There are some good goals in there so I encourage people to watch it.

We currently sit on top of the league with 43 points from 17 games while Inter is second with 37 points from 16 games. That being said, the main purpose of the youth team should always be to produce players for the first team. No matter how many youth titles we win, if we don't integrate these players (or if they simply can't make the step up) then it's a waste.
Thanks Mystik.

Atalanta has always had strong youth teams in the history. I believe that Pazzini, Montolivo, Bonaventura all came out of there. I remember Donadoni too.

But for the two goals conceded this game, it seems that Milan's young keeper could have done better.
(03-02-2015, 08:50 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Atalanta has always had strong youth teams in the history. I believe that Pazzini, Montolivo, Bonaventura all came out of there. I remember Donadoni too.

But for the two goals conceded this game, it seems that Milan's young keeper could have done better.

You're right, Atalanta is typically near the top of the Primavera table but for some reason are languishing in mid-table this season. The table looks something like a La Liga table tbh. Milan is first with 43 points from 18, followed by Inter with 40 points from 17. 3rd place is Cesena with only 29 from 18.

http://www.acmilan.com/it/teams/youth_teams_results/538
Primavera look set to draw 2-2 with Verona barring something happening in the last few minutes.

Interesting is Maldini is attending the match with Galli. Could mean nothing, but with the rumours during the week it seems pretty coincidental.