AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: European Super League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Gazidis is probably leaving soon himself. Nobody who touched this can stay at their current position. These morons wanted to go rogue and run their own buddy league and are now paying the price for it.
Big Grin Hahahahah this escalated soooo quickly! Holy shit!

I bet you the SDs at the clubs didn't even know this. I bet the collapse is happening because of backlash within the clubs themselves. I can't see Maldini being happy about this. Look at Guardiola and what he said.

This is crazy. What an embarrassment. And worst of all....Florentino fuking Perez!!! Haha the idiot even did a live interview. He's lost his fuking marbles. Haha
My buddy, who is a massive Man U fan is ecstatic about how this worked out. Woodward out is music to his ears, and I can't imagine many Milan fans would be sad if Gazidis is forced out too.
(04-20-2021, 08:36 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Following ONLY the money rather than the fans and common sense. We can't have leaders like that.

Unfortunately, this has been the case for all large clubs and UEFA/FIFA for the past (close to) 3 decades.

I predicted that the ESL wouldn't happen, but the whole situation unravels faster than I thought. I am cynical, and didn't feel that the monetarization trend could ever be reversed, but I was hoping to see some changes triggered by a potentially historical event (like this) that could somehow mitigate the damage that it has brought to football along the way. 

I definitely didn't see them fold so quickly. My guess is the current CL semifinalists have more to lose, and they were probably given ultimatum hence break from the alliance. The alliance was born to be fragile, so when one quits, everyone will (have to) follow.

I don't sympathize with either side. This ugly situation was not any noble fight, rather, it was driven by the greed of two powerful sides (clubs vs. UEFA/FIFA, though the latter absolutely overpowers the former). If ESL would disband, some has called it a victory for all fans. I can see where that comes from, but don't agree. I see that a victory by UEFA. The clubs probably never had a chance to win anyway, but the pandemics was IMO already the best opportunity for their "revolution" yet they still lost. They may never be able to come back with another fight like this, and UEFA will forever cement their superiority (more power, more corruption).

Believe it or not, I was hoping that this standoff would last longer, and I will elaborate why. First, I believed that UEFA would have to concede more benefits to the clubs to make peace with them. That was selfish just to be clear, as I have truly hated that UEFA used us (Milan) as their punching bag in the past decade, and I wanted us to get something back. I still think that it will happen. I still think UEFA will make moves to mend the relationship and to pacify the clubs involved. Second, both sides have claimed they were fighting a noble cause for the goodness of football and for the fans. That was pure crap; however, the longer the stalemate (I am talking about a few weeks or 2/3 months, not years, just to be clear, because all of this would be resolved before the summer), the more both sides would have to promise or actually do to back themselves up and to have fans take their sides, for example, that they have a plan for the youth, for small clubs, for women's football, for the general welfare of football, etc. If now the rebellions were easily disbanded, the incumbent don't need to do anything; the losers won't do anything either. In fact, I actually believe it could be even worse. Assuming that UEFA isn't willing to tap into their own pot of gold, or comes up with new money, seeing that UEFA plans to distribute more money to the major clubs, who do you think will be the ultimate victims?

What a farce.  Icon_lol2
There has to be a "fall guy". Someone has to take the blame for this embarrassment. Sure as hell won't be the owners. So I'm assuming it'll be Gazidis or Scaroni for us.
Easy. It is going to be Reza.

(04-19-2021, 06:58 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]MM has joined the super league.

#byebyeReza

Grinundwech
I’m not so sure the SL is over yet. You lost some English clubs, but they have the money. If there isn’t a league to split that pie the it’s all over. No Madrid team or Barcelona can compete financially with EPL let alone Milan. Especially if they add teams to CL and further dilute the monies.
English clubs abandoned the ESL, after Uefa has offered money for it.

Ac Milan has also abandoned the ESL
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28