AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if Kjaer is back from the start of next season? He was never fast and his true strengths were his technical skills and appreciation of space. He also organizes others well.

I’m saying this as Kalulu did more then well deputizing the past few games. Shadowing Kajer and learning to play smart without the physical gifts (really just height) make the decision to get a CB as redundant. I worry adding someone limits the growth of Kalulu and Gabbia. If the latter two continue to progress well, then we can take another type of Kalulu project.

I’ve been ok with Saele but now that Leao is exploding, we need balance. Teams are going to continue to double and triple team him. This also limits the space for Theo. It will be up to the RW to compensate and punish opponents particularly in CL. I think that also opens space for Diaz or whoever is CAM. Who this is is yet to be seen. A new starter here that is aggressive and wiling yo defend is key.
(02-13-2022, 11:56 PM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if Kjaer is back from the start of next season? He was never fast and his true strengths were his technical skills and appreciation of space. He also organizes others well.

I’m saying this as Kalulu did more then well deputizing the past few games. Shadowing Kajer and learning to play smart without the physical gifts (really just height) make the decision to get a CB as redundant. I worry adding someone limits the growth of Kalulu and Gabbia. If the latter two continue to progress well, then we can take another type of Kalulu project.

I’ve been ok with Saele but now that Leao is exploding, we need balance. Teams are going to continue to double and triple team him. This also limits the space for Theo. It will be up to the RW to compensate and punish opponents particularly in CL. I think that also opens space for Diaz or whoever is CAM. Who this is is yet to be seen. A new starter here that is aggressive and wiling yo defend is key.

Kjaer's expected readiness is some time in June. On paper at least.
(02-13-2022, 11:56 PM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if Kjaer is back from the start of next season? He was never fast and his true strengths were his technical skills and appreciation of space. He also organizes others well.

I think the number 179 cm of Kalulu is wrong or obsoleted. 184 cm is the right number. As the following image, he about the same as Samu (182 + hair), Theo (184).

Don't know if he faked Icon_lol2  184 cm (6 ft 1/2) is not bad, just 1 cm shorter than Romag and Gabbia.

[Image: HP-PSM-2021-22.png]
How good will this team be if we can add a quality right winger and a mobile goalscoring striker. I try to Imagine. Team has got so much potential its unreal.

I agree about Kalulu, I wouldnt splash all the cash on a central defender, but I would go for the quality winger and striker. Renew Romagnoli and we’re set at defense, maybe signing Cambiaso instead of Ballo toure.
I don't know about Zaniolo. Good player but there's the injury risk. plus the attitude problem. you see it during games. often tries to do too much and blames team mates when things don't go right.
We've got such a tight knit group, not sure I want a bad egg like that to come in and wreck things.
Comment stands for Icardi also.
Reports in Italy suggest Ismail Bennacer will sign his contract extension in the coming day's.
Zaniolo has potential and maybe Maldini could help him develop into a player he tends to be/become. Roma maybe isnt the right habitat for him...
Zaniolo is a talented player, but he's a bit overrated. Italian media painted him as the next big thing in Italian football. Like the next Baggio or something (not the exact comparison, but you know what i mean). He started off decently well at Roma, but he's far from those world class leveles, even without the injuries. Maybe without the injuries he wouod have developped a bit close to what was expected from him (world class player)...but he hasn't. It's unfortunate, but it's what happened. To add to that, he's got a big attitude problem on the field and baggae off it as well with his mom who's constantly involved in his business and uses him as a platform for her own business sake. Of course, the onfield problems could be a matter of maturity, but not sure we should stick around to find out.
He's still very young at 22. So a couple years from now I could be saying the opposite. But as things stand right now, I think there are better players out there for that money. Not only better, but ones that don't come with 2 ACL tares at 22 as well as a bag of attitude problems on and off the field.
(02-14-2022, 03:24 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Zaniolo is a talented player, but he's a bit overrated. Italian media painted him as the next big thing in Italian football. Like the next Baggio or something (not the exact comparison, but you know what i mean). He started off decently well at Roma, but he's far from those world class leveles, even without the injuries. Maybe without the injuries he wouod have developped a bit close to what was expected from him (world class player)...but he hasn't. It's unfortunate, but it's what happened. To add to that, he's got a big attitude problem on the field and baggae off it as well with his mom who's constantly involved in his business and uses him as a platform for her own business sake. Of course, the onfield problems could be a matter of maturity, but not sure we should stick around to find out.
He's still very young at 22. So a couple years from now I could be saying the opposite. But as things stand right now, I think there are better players out there for that money. Not only better, but ones that don't come with 2 ACL tares at 22 as well as a bag of attitude problems on and off the field.

Agree. There's no denying the guy has talent that at the right club could be developed further, but he comes with a high price and major concerns over his serious injuries and attitude issues.