AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-19-2022, 10:03 AM)Bennacer Wrote: [ -> ]https://sempremilan.com/gds-from-inconsi...-e100m-man

100 mill for Leao. Would you sell now if a bid comes in that region?

All I know is that if I were valued at €100m by my club I would certainly ask for more than €4.5m salary. Maybe double or even triple that, at least if clubs like PSG were interested. Let's hope he doesn't see this. Devilcool
If we sold Leao for €100 million would we really get a player as good that has room to get better and better and better I doubt it.Id vote to keep our best pieces and ad to it to best of our ability.
I think the key is what we as a club do if Leao lose the case and have to pay 17 mill euros to Sporting. Thats a lot of money for a guy that earns 1,5 mill a year.. Im actually really impressed that he has performed so well when you have that case in back of your head all of the time.

I doubt we will pay it all, but say we help him with half of it and he got 4,5/5 mill, i think he will be grateful. But as Arildonardo says, what if PSG give 10 mill a year? Difficult this!
According to Corriere della Sera (via SempreMilan.it), the requests of Leao's agent Jorge Mendes have risen and the €4.5m net per season on the table – which did not get the approval of the player and his entourage – will not be enough.

Mendes is asking for a sum comparable to that currently received by Zlatan Ibrahimovic which is around €6m net per season. The two parties are obviously focused on the decisive match against Sassuolo but once the season is over negotiations will quickly move.
According to Corriere dello Sport Lazio are on the lookout for a new forward and the name of Junior Messias is one that appeals to them, having been left impressed by what they have seen this season and in 2020-21 when Crotone were in Serie A.

The Brazilian is currently on loan as mentioned but Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara have not yet made a choice on whether to sign him permanently, so there seems to be a window open.
Leao deserves to be paid in the top bracket of the squad. Whatever that layer is (5/6M). Yes, he is young and all that...but he is by far the best attacking player we have. He also has the potential to be a massive star across Europe as the way he plays has a certain excitement level tied to it. There are times when you hold firm in negotiations. There are also times when you gotta look further into the future and what could be. Leao is the only player in this squad that is likely to reach 100M valuation. All that's needed for that to happen is for him to replicate this season (very likely, imo). So from that perspective, it's an easy decision to make him one of the best players in the club, irrespective of his age.
On being "the only one" with potential of reaching 100M valuation....there are others that are just as valuable to this team (Mike, Leao, Tomori, etc)...but the nature of the market is that CFs/Wingers (attackers in general) are the ones that go for most money. Sure, it's possible Theo will be valued a ton...but it's rare defenders reach those sums. Unless you are English of course as we know PL teams have a fettish for English players...so i guess Tomori could be valued a ton too.

Anyway, I am also in no way saying we should renew jist with an eye for a future sale. But it's important to keep our best players from a sporting perspective and also it's important to protect our assets from a business perspective, because you never know what happens in the future.

On Lazio wanting Jr Messias...maybe we can sign him for our option amount and sell him to them immediately for a good gain. Big Grin

My favorite for an attacking reinforcement has become Nkunku.  Sagrin Not sure if we can compete there, but he's looked awesome this year and is ready for the next step for sure. He has everything. Dribbling, speed, explosiveness, passing and vision, finishing. You name it.
Keep Leao! He’s an attack on his own, special player. He deserved at least 6-7m. He’ll get more than that at city or Psg.
Even if we would get a bid from 100m, I would hesitate, there arent many around like him!
Wage policy is still on my mind.

But Leao is worth it much more than the like of Dybala.
If we can fetch 100m, I would definitely sell Leao, unless he agrees to a reasonable extension with us. While I agree he has been terrific this season, this is also his first season of performing at this level. In order to become the highest paid player in the club, he has to also be the undisputed best player on the team, which he isn't. He COULD develop further and become a superstar, but he also could become stagnant with his development and never reach his potential, he wouldn't be the first ultra talented youngster to do that.

If we sell Leao for 100m and use that money to get, say, Raspadori and Rodrygo, I think that dramatically improves our team overall and is something we should at least consider. The other element of the extension negotiation is precedent too. If Leao can get 6m off the back of one good season, what do we need to pay Kalulu, Maignan, Tomori, Theo and Tonali next? Our wage bill is going to explode in no time.
(05-19-2022, 06:32 PM)slifersd1 Wrote: [ -> ]If we can fetch 100m, I would definitely sell Leao, unless he agrees to a reasonable extension with us. While I agree he has been terrific this season, this is also his first season of performing at this level. In order to become the highest paid player in the club, he has to also be the undisputed best player on the team, which he isn't. He COULD develop further and become a superstar, but he also could become stagnant with his development and never reach his potential, he wouldn't be the first ultra talented youngster to do that.

If we sell Leao for 100m and use that money to get, say, Raspadori and Rodrygo, I think that dramatically improves our team overall and is something we should at least consider. The other element of the extension negotiation is precedent too. If Leao can get 6m off the back of one good season, what do we need to pay Kalulu, Maignan, Tomori, Theo and Tonali next? Our wage bill is going to explode in no time.

Sometimes you gotta choke up the money and pay your best players or we'll be Borussia Dortmund in no time having tons of stars coming through but winning 0 important trophies. I keep LEAO all day and sign Rodrygo too. Unfortunately yes, with the club challenging for the biggest titles we will have to pay our best players much more because they make it possible. You can only revolve the door so many times if you want to remain competitive. Look at Barcelona's recent era of domination. They did shift a few players in and out here and there but when Iniesta, Messi or Xavi had their first great season they didn't sell them for big $ did they? If they did that era we saw from Barcelona would have never happened.

It's much the same with us now. We have something really good going on, its a really flawed mentality to want to offload Leao even for 100m.