AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-09-2022, 04:27 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: [ -> ]Barcelona have declared themselves out of the running to land Franck Kessie because the Milan midfielder’s salary demands are ‘exorbitant’, especially given their salary limits.

You know you are asking for too much when Barca, arguably one of the most reckless clubs in the world when it comes to finances, is saying you want too much lol.
Sven Botman's agent, Nikkie Bruinenberg , was present at San Siro this evening to watch the game.

Maybe a good sign.
(02-09-2022, 07:49 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I would not renew him at this point, and i would actually "freeze" him out. By freeze out, i don't mean having him train on his own or anything like that. But just have him be the last option in the midfield. We'll be, and have been, fine without him.

If players have "the right to see out their contracts and create bidding wars around their salaries" (i don't disagree, it's fine), then clubs shouls also have the right to looo after themselves and prep/build for after that contract expiry.

And the whole argument of "if we don't play him we only hurt ourselves because we are hurting our chance of making the CL and will therefore lose money"?.....not valid imo. Kessie has been average for half the season, gone for a bit, and mediocre in the CL. We've proven we don't need him to make the CL, so, peace out. Go and make as much as you can make. Good for you. But, we are fibe.

Overall I agree, the only issue is that it means Bakayoko and Krunic play more.  Confused

But yes, you could rightly argue Kessie's preformances have been on par with those two.
So Botman's agents were at San Siro last night and have now arrived at Casa Milan.
This couod be just preliminary meetings and they may be jist visiting interested clubs...but that's just the thing, there is clear interest.

I don't know. Can't say I know a whole lot about him. Seems an imposing figure though, and clearly it means Romagnoli will be out. I don't see us dropping 30M on a CB and keeping Romagnoli. In any case, with Kalulu's performances we are set with 1 of Roma/Botman and Tomori. Gabbia will be the other option and hopefully Kjaer is ready for the new season.

I am hoping though that we don't forget about a RW. How much would Ajax's Antony cost? I see people throeing his name around on forums. Seems to be exactly the type of player we need
nefremo Wrote:So Botman's agents were at San Siro last night and have now arrived at Casa Milan.
This couod be just preliminary meetings and they may be jist visiting interested clubs...but that's just the thing, there is clear interest.

I don't know. Can't say I know a whole lot about him. Seems an imposing figure though, and clearly it means Romagnoli will be out. I don't see us dropping 30M on a CB and keeping Romagnoli. In any case, with Kalulu's performances we are set with 1 of Roma/Botman and Tomori. Gabbia will be the other option and hopefully Kjaer is ready for the new season.

I am hoping though that we don't forget about a RW. How much would Ajax's Antony cost? I see people throeing his name around on forums. Seems to be exactly the type of player we need

Transfermarkt values Antony at €35m and he is under contract until 2025. Also other big clubs would be interested if he was made available for transfer, so I guess he would be out of our reach. But of course, a very good/promising player that would fit us perfect.
(02-10-2022, 04:58 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Transfermarkt values Antony at €35m and he is under contract until 2025. Also other big clubs would be interested if he was made available for transfer, so I guess he would be out of our reach. But of course, a very good/promising player that would fit us perfect.

Unfortunately you are probably right. We need to get players before they get to Ajax/Dortmund/Leipzig. Let's not even mention the likes of Benfica/Porto. 
I guess this is why we shop in France. You could still get great talents "under the radar" there.
(02-10-2022, 05:40 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately you are probably right. We need to get players before they get to Ajax/Dortmund/Leipzig. Let's not even mention the likes of Benfica/Porto. 
I guess this is why we shop in France. You could still get great talents "under the radar" there.

Like us getting Maignan for 14.3m. That is real cheap.
Carlo Laudisa reports Liverpool lead the race for Noa Lang buy Milan have been in constant contact with agents of Charles De Ketelaere.

De Ketelaere would be a good purchase.

Fabrizio Romano reports the agent of Sven Botman was at Casa Milan today. 
Agent of a player whose contract ends in 2025 is visiting teams, I am constantly amazed by football.
(02-11-2022, 02:46 AM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Agent of a player whose contract ends in 2025 is visiting teams, I am constantly amazed by football.

It's only normal when a bigger and more prestigious club is interested. Yes, I think we are bigger and more prestigious than Lille and I guess everyone agrees. Clubs and agents understand that (most) players want to play at the highest level possible. Which is why Newcastle was rejected even if he probably could make more money there.

And also, we are annoyed when players see out their contracts and leave for free...