View Full Version : Movies u must c
nah not really
too many talking
not enuff blood for me
:stoned:
i mean he supposed to b one of the best general ever, but they only show 2 battles
:p231:
i like troy better
Sorry , couldnt resist myself ...
It's impossible to make one 3h movie about alexander. It should be done 3 parts , like lord of the rings ... To really understand what kind of person he was.
For example , the road from Greece to Gaugamela isnt seen in the movie , djeezes , he went to egypt too and the only thing mentioned about it is a map with a trail of his road.
He burned down Persepolis in a drunk night , nothing in the movie about it . Battle of Issus , nothin in the movie ...
The Gordian knot , nada ... Aristotle , just a little bit .
The part where people who refused to surrender to alexander climbed on what they thought would be a mountain wich only they could climb ... Laughing at alexander " we will only surrender when you find men who can fly " He selected experienced mountain men who climbed the backside of the mountain by night and totaly surprised them and then with a big smile " you better surrender now , cause I found my men who can fly " .... beautifull , but also not in the movie .
About him being gay ... Even today there still isn't proof about that . But even if he was BI-sexual (cause he got married and had a child , wich Cassander killed after alexander died) , that was a common thing back then. People who laugh at that are ignorant and are picturing alexander in this time , to understand it you have to go way back.
I dont think any greek would hate this movie , cause it made be proud being greek ... especially for me , cause I'm from Macedonia :)
People who love alexander , go watch it !!!
People who dont know anything about greek history and are expecting blood fight blood fight etc etc ... stay home plz :)
Giovanni
23-01-2005, 03:38
These new movies about history (Troy, Alexander) doesn't attract me..i see them as huge blockbusters but i think they are far too romanced and quality wasn't not the first thing they thought when they actually made and shot them.
Maybe it's just an impression..
Peachtot
24-01-2005, 05:37
How bout "Coach Carter"
Have Anyone watched it ?
ACMILAN1983
27-01-2005, 18:03
I watched Nobody Know's tonight.
Its a Japanese film about 4 kids who were unregistered as babies and whose mother runs off to leave them alone. Its vaguely based on a true story.
Its a subtle film and not one for those who want to see a blockbuster ;)
Anyway, it was pretty good imo
btw, Jim, where did you get Neo from? I can't find it anywhere
ACMILAN1983
14-02-2005, 16:10
Has anyone heard of a new animation called Sky Blue?
It looks like an anime, but I think its a Korean one and the trailer made me very curious. Looks like an action scifi film reminiscent of Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell.
How bout "Coach Carter"
Have Anyone watched it ?
I've not seen it but a friend of mine did the soundtrack on it. :3band:
I have a few movies for people to track down...
Finally saw Napoleon Dynamite....
Also saw AVP and liked it, never thought I would...
Saw Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle--EXCELLENT! :rotfl: :rotfl:
And found a cool sleeper called Eulogy...about a dysfunctional family burying their father. Dark humor...
ACMILAN1983
14-02-2005, 18:51
Saw Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle--EXCELLENT! :rotfl: :rotfl:
Agree, great film, I think I mentioned it on the thread a few months back :D
These new movies about history (Troy, Alexander) doesn't attract me..i see them as huge blockbusters but i think they are far too romanced and quality wasn't not the first thing they thought when they actually made and shot them.
Maybe it's just an impression..
Couldn't agree with you more. Just saw Alexander yesterday, what a stinker! I know it is like beating up on somebody lying down but here it goes anyway ;)
1. Angelina Jolie plays Colin Farells mother. I rest my case :confused:
2. Angelina Jolie wears the same outfit and make-up when Alexander is 4 as when he is 24. Again I rest my case.
3. Everybody in the whole movie except Angelina Jolie speaks with some sort of Brittish or Irish accent. Angelina chose (for artistic reasons I am sure :rolleyes: ) a Transylvanian accent :confused: An American critic called her performance "the best Dracula inpersonation ever, in a D-cup" :haha: . Sad but true.
You may think that I don't like Angelina Jolie, but I do, she is a honey :wan:
Milan4eva
14-02-2005, 23:14
Yup, I think Harold and Kumar was cool. Just saw Seoul Raiders yesterday, was pretty good actually. Caught Constantine as well a few days back, didn't really like it but was alright I guess... Too lazy to type any more...
what movie is constantine?
i just watched the new police story
it's quite ok
n jacky is still very agile for his age
i wish i can have his body
:diablo:
. Caught Constantine as well a few days back, didn't really like it but was alright I guess...
Huh? Where do you live? Constantine isn't to be released until February 18th....???? :dontkn:
aga, it's the new Keanu Reaves movie..."Hell wants him, Heaven won't take him, Earth needs him...." It's a good vs evil action flick.
so is it a horror movie?
:confused:
God I havent see a Movie for quite sometime. I think the last one I truly saw in a theatre was perhaps Master and Commander with Russel Crowe. I usually will buy a DVD months after the movie premiered in the box office.
Gotta admit that the movies coming out been kind of lousy.
Milan4eva
16-02-2005, 00:55
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/constantine/
the trailer looks nice
but even alexander trailer looks nice
:delol:
n it seems they also made f4 movies
hmmmm
looks ok
Milan4eva
16-02-2005, 02:39
It was actually alright. And got good reviews from the critics. But I personally didn't think it was awesome or anything. Read some of the rotten reviews there; sums up my feelings... Hmm, f4 movies? Wierd :p1510:
Milan4eva
16-02-2005, 02:55
Debs, I live in Singapore. It's one of the few movies(besides asian ones of course) that we get to see before the US. They're doing this more to stop movie piracy, which includes downloading as well....
talking about piracy
in indo our new president say no to piracy for 1 year only
:delol:
he know that there's no way to stop piracy in indo
so he only make it for 1 year
:D
they also make batman
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
btw the f4 i meant fantastic 4
not f4 from meteor garden
j/k
:delol:
oh yea check the video clip "stacy's mom"
so funny
:delol:
ACMILAN1983
16-02-2005, 15:23
I really want to see Seoul Raiders, looks interesting.
I also like Police Story 4, Jackie Chan does a great job.
I can't wait till Batman too, although I don't like f4, so am not too interested in the films ;)
Last night I watched Sofia Coppola's directorial debut from 1999, Virgin Suicides.
Interesting movie about 5 sisters and what happens to them.
Angel_Cic
16-02-2005, 17:17
i watched that movie reza!!! i liked it. it was pretty wierd, but i found it interesting.
the last movie i watched was in theatres-the wedding date with debra messing. funny and sweet at the same time. one of those movies you can't help but "aww" to :tong:
did anyone watch this movie called "saw" ???? ... its supposed to be a very smart movie... some friends think that its even smarter than "the usual suspects" ... unbelievable
i watch 3 movies this week
1. house of the flying dagger
quite ok, but too romantic for me
but there is zhang zi yi
:horny:
2. constantine
quite nice action movie
hopefully there will b sequel
3. spanglish
quite funny
n the spanish actress (can't remember her name) looks quite hot
:grinser:
spoiler
i would have change the ending
divorce the wife n take the house maid
:D
Angel_Cic
27-02-2005, 16:27
i watched THE NOTEBOOK friday night. omg, most amazing movie ever! surprisingly i didn't cry, but i decided that i want to buy the movie...that's how good it was.
you men should watch it...get a few pointers. or, if you wanna do something sweet for you gf or wife, watch it together. :D
ACMILAN1983
27-02-2005, 20:00
Mia, what is the Notebook about?
I watched Napolean Dynamite lately. Its actually very funny
Angel_Cic
28-02-2005, 13:41
you saw it!!!!! :rotfl: hahahahahahahaha
wasn't it hilarious?? "my lips hurt real bad!" :tong:
well the notebook is about 2 teens (aged 17 i believe) who meet in the summer, fall in love, and spend practically every moment together. since the boy is lower class and the girl is rich and has snobby parents...her parents want to bring her home earlier and end her summer vacation in order to get her away from this boy.
i won't say anymore just in case somebody actually wants to watch it. i don't want to ruin it. :)
ACMILAN1983
28-02-2005, 17:55
you saw it!!!!! :rotfl: hahahahahahahaha
wasn't it hilarious?? "my lips hurt real bad!" :tong:
well the notebook is about 2 teens (aged 17 i believe) who meet in the summer, fall in love, and spend practically every moment together. since the boy is lower class and the girl is rich and has snobby parents...her parents want to bring her home earlier and end her summer vacation in order to get her away from this boy.
i won't say anymore just in case somebody actually wants to watch it. i don't want to ruin it. :)
yeah, it was really funny! :D
Napolean's bro was hilarious as well, as were pedro's "gangster" bros
Notebook seems interesting
That film "Saw" i believe is supposed to be brilliant and yeah on the lines of usual suspects kind of thing. A film I really want to see is 'Be Cool'. The case is amazing and in the clips the rock just looks class....
"Saw" is a really good movie, I personally liked it. The one I want to watch is "Hitch" which is supposed to be very funny...."Be Cool" also looks good.....also already looking forward to "Sin City"
you men should watch it...
I did......and it was nothing special...
put that knife away! I am just kidding!! :D
i must actually say it was a very good movie :)
Did someone saw REMAKE???
That is one of my favourites movies. I recomend it for all to watch Remake.
Maybe some of you won't understand it, but for those who understand it they will see that how can you one day have everything, and next day you won't have nothing.
That is story about father and son, fathers life in II world war, and sons in Bosnian war.
From this movie you will see that your best friend can become your worst enemy and destroy you all what you ever had, your family and your life. :depress:
I had almost same expirience...
Angel_Cic
02-03-2005, 16:26
I did......and it was nothing special...
put that knife away! I am just kidding!! :D
i must actually say it was a very good movie :)
:fero: nothing special???
:tong: wow, a guy actually liking it makes me really impressed ;) i just don't understand why SOME guys are so reluctant to watching "romance movies." some of them are actually good. in this case, "The Notebook" :D
Angel_Cic
02-03-2005, 16:29
Did someone saw REMAKE???
That is one of my favourites movies. I recomend it for all to watch Remake.
Maybe some of you won't understand it, but for those who understand it they will see that how can you one day have everything, and next day you won't have nothing.
That is story about father and son, fathers life in II world war, and sons in Bosnian war.
From this movie you will see that your best friend can become your worst enemy and destroy you all what you ever had, your family and your life. :depress:
I had almost same expirience...
i can't watch those movies. :moan: they're usually really good, but very emotional and intense.
I can tell you that movie is great...
You should watch Remake....
It's also storry about two friends, one is on Bosnian side, and second on Serbian side. They are still friends in the war. I won't tell you the end...;)
Angel_Cic
05-03-2005, 00:04
hvala mirza :) i'll look into it.
Neces pozaliti;)
It's great movie...
Angel_Cic
05-03-2005, 19:03
i trust your taste...we seem to like the same music as well :D
la_dynamite86
05-03-2005, 19:19
I watched Napolean Dynamite lately. Its actually very funny
Haha...I think I should watch it, at least I like the name. :D
la_dynamite86
05-03-2005, 19:30
Have you ever seen "The man who cried"? A film I would really recommend...It's not that famous, at least not here in Austria; but there are some famous names among the main actors: e.g Johnny Depp, Christina Ricci and Kate Blanchett. It's about a jewish girl who leaves Russia because of the pogrom to find her father in the USA, but she comes to England first and then to France where she falls in love with a gipsy (Johnny Depp). Although there is a love story indeed, the main plot isn't really concentrated on the romance only; It shows the life of a jewish girl who fled from Russia as a little girl and who (now already a young lady) has to flee again because of another persecution of Jews organised by Hitler.
ACMILAN1983
05-03-2005, 22:19
The man who cried sounds familiar but I can't remember it
I saw the Punisher tonight (the one released recently, not the old one). It was fairly ok and worth a watch for those who like the character.
Rapierist
06-03-2005, 09:50
Saw 'Being John Malkovich'.
Now, I know that all movies are not supossed to have a point. Heck, I like seeing pointless movies.
But this one was just a barf-fest. :yuck:
The man who cried sounds familiar but I can't remember it
same here :hangover:
Angel_Cic
06-03-2005, 13:13
Saw 'Being John Malkovich'.
Now, I know that all movies are not supossed to have a point. Heck, I like seeing pointless movies.
But this one was just a barf-fest. :yuck:
it's a very had movie to follow.
i watched "adaptation" in school...i must admit that in the beginning of the movie i was thinking "wtf is this?? it's crap!" but near the end it came together and we were able to make sense of it. though it's not a movie i'd want to see again :D
Rapierist
07-03-2005, 13:01
it's a very had movie to follow.
i watched "adaptation" in school...i must admit that in the beginning of the movie i was thinking "wtf is this?? it's crap!" but near the end it came together and we were able to make sense of it. though it's not a movie i'd want to see again :D
I haven't seen Adaptation, but then I don't watch that many movies.
And Being John Malkovich is not hard to follow. It is just hard to sit through.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
And oh, watched Bram Stoker's Dracula (the F.F. Coppola one) a month ago.
Very stylish. Perhaps overly so. Gary Oldman in 70s rockstar attire? :haha:
Stezagud
07-03-2005, 13:28
And oh, watched Bram Stoker's Dracula (the F.F. Coppola one) a month ago.
Very stylish. Perhaps overly so. Gary Oldman in 70s rockstar attire?
that massive white hair style he has !?! :eek: the money they spent on hairspray for that could probably have wiped out 3rd world debt :D
That was a decent effort at the Dracula story but its such a familiar tale now that any surprise element is a waste of time, thats probably why they went so far making it look good.
I must admit to quite liking weird films. Donnie Darko, Pi, Mulholland Drive (in fact anything by Lynch :googly: ) Most big films now are so formulaic that the plot is obvious just from watching the trailer :rolleyes: weird films fill the gap for people like me who occasionally want to have to think a little but are too lazy to read a full book :D
Rapierist
07-03-2005, 13:47
I must admit to quite liking weird films. Donnie Darko, Pi, Mulholland Drive (in fact anything by Lynch :googly: ) Most big films now are so formulaic that the plot is obvious just from watching the trailer :rolleyes:
Perhaps the plot shouldn't be given away by the trailer. But I never watch films that consider themselves to be works of art or whatever and release weird trailers that don't tell you anything about the movie at all, except for how big the director is, or how famous the actors are. Case in point, Eyes Wide Shut.
I don't really have a perference for certain kinds of films. But I like films that make me laugh. Not those idiotic slapstick-comedy ones. But movies like say, Reservoir Dogs or Fight Club. You know, the ones that don't take themselves too seriously, but tell a good story at the same time. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels would be another example.
And didn't David Lynch make 'The Lost Highway'? I've been told by many people to keep away from that movie because it doesn't make any sense at all.
Stezagud
07-03-2005, 14:42
Perhaps the plot shouldn't be given away by the trailer.
Sometimes its just knowing who's in it and when its released, for example Will Smith in a summer blockbuster = Fresh Prince of Bel Air fights aliens/robots :D
I can watch those sort of films but every now and then its good to see something different.
I don't really have a perference for certain kinds of films. But I like films that make me laugh. Not those idiotic slapstick-comedy ones. But movies like say, Reservoir Dogs or Fight Club. You know, the ones that don't take themselves too seriously, but tell a good story at the same time. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels would be another example.
yeah, i like those sort of films too, in fact its good you mentioned Reservoir Dogs as i'd forgotten to re-order it, my sister borrowed it a year or so ago and then lost it :rolleyes:
And didn't David Lynch make 'The Lost Highway'? I've been told by many people to keep away from that movie because it doesn't make any sense at all.
I've not seen it yet but a few people have told me the same, it just makes me want to see it more :D
Angel_Cic
07-03-2005, 15:13
one of the most beautiful and romantic movies ever..."CINEMA PARADISO" Italian movie about a famous Italian filmmaker haunted by the memories if his first love, who returns to his hometown after being absent for 30 years.
i've watched it several times and now i've bought it on dvd...i plan on watching it some time this week :)
got it... whats the boys name??? toto??
Angel_Cic
07-03-2005, 15:49
TOTO...yes! :D cute boy :) i cry everytime i watch him. lol...i wish i could just pinch his cheeks.
Hm. Must see movies include:
- All of Daniel Day-Lewis' movies
- Se7en
- Dead Man Walking
- Love Letter (Japan)
- Il Mare (Korean)
- Fight Club
- The Woodsman
- La Vita è Bella
- Sideways
- Battle Royale
More later...
Angel_Cic
14-03-2005, 16:41
i watched moulin rouge for the first time on friday. it was kind of weird in the beginning, but the costumes and dancing were great. i'd watch it again :D
finally saw S.W.A.T ... it wasnt bad but it had those cheezy sayings and its a typical cop movie i think
i saw 'ray' yesterday and i have to say it is a really good movie but problem is i borrowed it from my friend and my DVD is PAL or region 2 while the movie was NTSC or region 1 so i had to see it without color... it was kinda annoying but what other choice do i have at 3 AM in the mornin???
and can some1 tell me if the bourne identity and supremacy are good movies???
Angel_Cic
15-03-2005, 14:10
i saw snow white and the seven dwarfs this morning...TWICE! (i was babysitting :tong: )
and can some1 tell me if the bourne identity and supremacy are good movies???
The Bourne Supremacy is good. Didn't watch Bourne Identity, but heard it was also good.
ACMILAN1983
16-03-2005, 06:04
Bourne Identity is a pretty good film
great
does anyone know if i can download a program that plays DVD movies??? both region 1 and 2
ACMILAN1983
17-03-2005, 13:41
well, I use Intervideo WinDVD and the one I have plays all region disks
i downloaded many programs to play this only for my brother to tell me that our PC doesnt play DVDs :dumbass:
Angel_Cic
19-03-2005, 13:48
i watched spiderman 2 last night. friggen awesome...feel bad that i didn't watch it on the big screen...would have had a bigger effect. can't wait for the third one! :D
ACMILAN1983
19-03-2005, 16:05
Wow Mia, I thought you had seen it before. Well, glad you liked it :)
I am really now into Bollywoodmovies at the Moment.
Especially Movies with Shak Rukh Khan and Kajol :love: like "Kuch Kuch Hotai Hai"
Sometimes a little bit exagerrating, but at least always good music, nice actors, nice and same time so sad story, sometimes with happyend, sometimes not.
Yesterday I watched on TV "Kal Ho naa Ho" which means in German "Lebe und denke nicht an morgen", translation into Englisch "Live and don't think about tomorrow"
Gabrielle
19-03-2005, 21:56
I am really now into Bollywoodmovies at the Moment.
Especially Movies with Shak Rukh Khan and Kajol :love: like "Kuch Kuch Hotai Hai"
Sometimes a little bit exagerrating, but at least always good music, nice actors, nice and same time so sad story, sometimes with happyend, sometimes not.
Yesterday I watched on TV "Kal Ho naa Ho" which means in German "Lebe und denke nicht an morgen", translation into Englisch "Live and don't think about tomorrow"
what do you know! Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is the 1st Hindustani movie I watch in the cinema! Back in my high school days! Kal Ho Naa Ho's the hmmm 3rd one? hehe...How do you find the movies?I love both...Kal Ho Naa Ho's soundtrack is absolutely:love:
The last movie I watch was A Very Long Engagement...Apart from Audrey Tautou, Jodie Foster is in this movie too. I didn't know she could speaks French so fluently!
It's a love story but what touches me was the potray of the 1st Great war.The war scenes in the movie were really heart wrenching....The cruelty n brutality of the WWI that could drive people into madness.
ACMILAN1983
21-03-2005, 14:53
I recommend Super Size Me. I watched it the other day and it made me think a lot about fast food joints and my diet.
Anyway, for those who don't know its about a guy who eats ALL his meals at McDonald's for 30 days and nearly ends up dying ;)
the ****tiest movie ever has to be shaolin soccer ... saw it today on the movie channel ... ok there are alot more that are ****tier but this one is one of the ****tiest!
speaking of indian movies, ever heard of AMITABH BACHAN ... hes the guy in my display pic... fookin hillarious glasses!!!
ACMILAN1983
22-03-2005, 07:13
the ****tiest movie ever has to be shaolin soccer ... saw it today on the movie channel ... ok there are alot more that are ****tier but this one is one of the ****tiest!
speaking of indian movies, ever heard of AMITABH BACHAN ... hes the guy in my display pic... fookin hillarious glasses!!!
I love Shaolin Soccer :tong:
Amitabh Bachan is a legend ;)
I love Shaolin Soccer :tong:
Amitabh Bachan is a legend ;)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH .... u crack me up dev!!!!! :haha:
ACMILAN1983
22-03-2005, 17:30
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH .... u crack me up dev!!!!! :haha:
what?? I was serious you know :confused:
:tong:
shaolin soccer??? ... wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaahahhahahahhahahahahahhaha!!!!
ACMILAN1983
24-03-2005, 12:34
but in all honesty, I love shaolin soccer
anyway, I watched a Thai film Bang Rajan lately. Its based 300 years ago when the Burmese army tried to take over Siam and a small village stood up to them. Truly awsome film and definately worth watching imo
Angel_Cic
25-03-2005, 17:06
i watched ladder 49 when it hit theatres. i was watching it with 7 other girls...and we were content throughout the whole movie, up until the last 10 min. when the girl at the end of our row starting balling her face out. she couldn't stop crying! oh my...we all walked out of the theatres with running mascara :tong: *memories*
anyway, i rented it last night, but this time i didn't cry :D i was prepared.
I have juss watched 'The Passion of the Christ'... wooooooh, kinda cruel... Mel Gibson is pain and atrocity fan IMO. Too much... feels really devastating........
I just watched "Paolo Maldini - Il Film"
WOW......what an amazing guy !
It's a MUST for every AC Milan fan.
ACMILAN1983
27-03-2005, 07:10
Where did you get the film about Maldini??? I really want to watch it :D
Also, is it available with English subs?
shznitkes1
27-03-2005, 09:28
Harold and kumAR, ACE VENTURA, bio dome, corky romano, billy madison, and happy gilmore
all must see movies :whie: :mex:
Where did you get the film about Maldini??? I really want to watch it :D
Also, is it available with English subs?
I got it on ebay and yes, there is an english subtitle and it very funny.
For example: we have been through a LOAD together....haha
http://search.benl.ebay.be/Paolo-Maldini_DVDs_W0QQcatrefZC3QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfcclZ1QQfclZ3QQfposZP ostcodeQQfromZR2QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsaatsZ123QQsacatZ2288QQsadisZ200QQsbrftog Z1QQsocdpfcatZ2288QQsofocusZbs
ac_milan_foreva
27-03-2005, 13:40
Bourne Identity is a pretty good film
i just watched bourne supremacy on PvP. its ok but u must really follow it to get everything.
I watched "Around the world in 80 days" ... the 1960's movie with David Niven and a whole host of other classic British actors, it's fantastic, particularly the bits in the reform club :)
ACMILAN1983
28-03-2005, 12:00
thanks for the info Joanna, I'll keep an eye out for it ;)
Anyone into the horror type?
ACMILAN1983
28-03-2005, 15:54
I like a lot of classic asian horrors, much in the way of the Ring series style
i just watched ring 2 eng version
n not really satisfied
the story imo not as good as the 1st one
i still think the remake of the grudge n ring 1 still better
i just watched ring 2 eng version
n not really satisfied
the story imo not as good as the 1st one
i still think the remake of the grudge n ring 1 still better
Yeah, I watched it last night also, I certainly was less than I expected + nothing new from the first one. I almost fell asleep! :)
P.S.: Who's that cute girl in your avatar?
ruby lin
taiwanese actress
:heart:
ACMILAN1983
30-03-2005, 17:02
I'm bored so I thought I'd post this little clip which I found quite funny off of a Japanese tv show. As you can probably tell by the link, its related to the Ring film series :D
http://www.seanbonner.com/ring/
:ilol:
imo they should have made the room darker
turn off all the light make it pitch black
then suddenly the ghost came out from behind them, n suprise them
ruby lin
taiwanese actress
:heart:
I just visited her website - she's incredible! So cute!
ACMILAN1983
31-03-2005, 06:24
:ilol:
imo they should have made the room darker
turn off all the light make it pitch black
then suddenly the ghost came out from behind them, n suprise them
lol, well, I think doing that might have traumatized them ;)
I mean, they were already crying (most of them anyway) :D
yeah 1 girl was closing her eyes n covering her ear with her hands
:fright:
btw what's the ghost name
i can't remember
:o
Celtic_and_SRFC
31-03-2005, 07:55
aga's rule:
1)the prettier the woman, the more u can't trust them
2)there is no such thing as love at first sight it is lust at first sight
3)there is nothing more efective than women's tear to make men crumble
How true is that!
nice one aga
ACMILAN1983
31-03-2005, 09:46
yeah 1 girl was closing her eyes n covering her ear with her hands
:fright:
btw what's the ghost name
i can't remember
:o
the name is sadako ;)
I think the original ring is the best, ring 2 was ok, just a bit complicated in terms of story telling .... doesn't seem to flow that well. I might watch the remake of ring 2 as it's out this weekend here, that's if i'm totally bored and don't have anything to do :D
Dev, have you seen ring 0 ? I know it's the prequel, but i don't much else about it. Aga, your first rule about not trusting pretty girls is very appropriate for the film 'The Audition' :D
I bought my dad The Lord of the Rings extended edition dvd box set for his birthday. I love the films, so seeing them with all the new bits is fantastic, i'm loving the bonus material too, very informative and eye opening.
ACMILAN1983
31-03-2005, 16:14
I think the original ring is the best, ring 2 was ok, just a bit complicated in terms of story telling .... doesn't seem to flow that well. I might watch the remake of ring 2 as it's out this weekend here, that's if i'm totally bored and don't have anything to do :D
Dev, have you seen ring 0 ? I know it's the prequel, but i don't much else about it. Aga, your first rule about not trusting pretty girls is very appropriate for the film 'The Audition' :D
I bought my dad The Lord of the Rings extended edition dvd box set for his birthday. I love the films, so seeing them with all the new bits is fantastic, i'm loving the bonus material too, very informative and eye opening.
The original Ring is probably still the best like you said, though I like the other Rings. The "remake" of Ring 2 isn't actually a remake as its a new story. Ring 0 was ok, not as scary and not meant to be really, as its more a mix of horror/drama which explains the origins of Sadako.
Audition is an awsome film and I love Takeshi Miike films a lot.
Last night I saw Oldboy. I'm sure the Asian film watchers in here will know it, as its very famous and has won many awards. A truly brilliant film by Chan Wook Park (famous for the Vengeance trilogy which includes Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, Sympathy for Mrs Vengeance....I think, and Oldboy).
The film is about a man who gets thrown into a prison for 15 years without being told anything about why or who got him thrown in there. Once released, he tries to find out what happened, why it happened and who did it.
Its brilliantly directed and extremely clever. Its also quite comical and the acting and score are top notch too. Great film :)
Audition is a great film, it's just that the final scene(s) are slightly unbearable to watch :D
I've heard alot about Oldboy, but not seen it yet. There's a film about a thai kick-boxer floating around at the moment, i just can't remember what it is called ... supposed to be pretty good though.
audition?
is it a new movie?
is it asian or western movie?
ACMILAN1983
01-04-2005, 06:30
Audition is a Takeshi Miike (Japanese) film made in the late '90s or early '00s. A great watch ;)
Jim, I definately recommend Oldboy, truly outstanding :)
As for the film with the Thai Kick Boxer, I have a feeling you mean Ong Bak. Its an action film with great fights and stunts (along the lines of Jackie Chan style stunts). Storyline isn't great, but I watched it without subtitles, so am glad it was so simple :D
also, I mentioned it ages ago on this thread (last summer I think :D )
Yes, that sounds right Dev ... Ong Bak indeed :D
I watched The Return of the King (extended edition) this afternoon, absolutely fantastic. Except for 2 minor things. 1/ The demise of Sauraman (although it did make it interesting, what actually happened would have made the film alot longer) 2/ of all the scenes extended, it was unfortunate that there wasn't more of the Grey Havens.
Oh and there should have been more Dwarves, even if only in flashbacks.
Now for all the extras which will no doubt inspire me to draw something.
ACMILAN1983
08-04-2005, 06:21
I finally saw Shaun Of the Dead last night. Its a pretty good film actually and well made too. One worth a look.
Also saw Save the Green Planet the other day. Its a black comedy with some serious tones to it. Its a very good film and definately worth taking a look, despite being quite strange.
I finally saw Shaun Of the Dead last night. Its a pretty good film actually and well made too. One worth a look.
I got it but never got to see it. I hope it's worth it.
I've just seen Sin City. Man, that is really a great movie! Lots of widely-known actors in it.
Milan4eva
09-04-2005, 23:28
Anyone saw Eye 10? Definitely not your conventional horror movie lol :D... They spoilt the setting and ruined the story but somehow I enjoyed it. The slapstick comedy made it an interesting change for me.
Be Cool was another movie I recently watched. Not a very properly made film as well but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Lots of black comedy straight from the suburbs sugar coated with the "bling bling" high life style. I like that kind of comedy and that's probably why it cracked me up. Cedric's awesome as usual.
The films coming out soon look good at the moment. Films I'm looking forward to watching are xXx2, Coach Carter, The Interpreter, Creep and House Of Fury which I heard is good. There's this Japanese filim coming out called The Hidden Blade which looks nice as well. Also for Horror fans there's the first in a Japanese trilogy called Infection. Maybe I'll catch it just to see if it's good.
Btw, anyone seen Singaporean films :D
ACMILAN1983
10-04-2005, 06:44
lol, Milan4eva, I know pretty much none of the movies you mentioned there (well a few in the third paragraph). Also, I haven't seen any Singaporean movies, are they good?
redman I heard Sin City wasn't bad, might check it out.
Last night I saw Fallen Angels. Its quite old (1995), but is by Wong Kar Wei. Its a great film, though its probably an acquired taste :D
Anyway, good movie imo
Rapierist
12-04-2005, 11:28
Saw 'Bringing out the Dead'.
Fairly decent.
Milan4eva
14-04-2005, 05:50
lol, Milan4eva, I know pretty much none of the movies you mentioned there (well a few in the third paragraph). Also, I haven't seen any Singaporean movies, are they good?
redman I heard Sin City wasn't bad, might check it out.
Last night I saw Fallen Angels. Its quite old (1995), but is by Wong Kar Wei. Its a great film, though its probably an acquired taste :D
Anyway, good movie imo
Have you watched The Eye 1 and 2? If you have Eye 10 is directed by the same people as well, the Pang Brothers. Only this time they were high on crack when they were making it ;)
Be Cool is supposed to be the sequel to some show I haven't seen. Stars John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Vince Vaughn and The Rock among others. Cedric the Entertainer stars in it as well. You'll rememeber him if you saw the two Barbershops.
Singaporean shows are surprisingly not that bad. Try the Best Bet and I Do I Do to start with(if you can find them).
Anyway just saw Guess Who yesterday. Not very good IMO. Jokes were predictable and only the ending was pretty good. A few laughs but not enough... And I don't find Bernie Mac that funny anyways.
ACMILAN1983
14-04-2005, 06:27
Have you watched The Eye 1 and 2? If you have Eye 10 is directed by the same people as well, the Pang Brothers. Only this time they were high on crack when they were making it ;)
Be Cool is supposed to be the sequel to some show I haven't seen. Stars John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Vince Vaughn and The Rock among others. Cedric the Entertainer stars in it as well. You'll rememeber him if you saw the two Barbershops.
Singaporean shows are surprisingly not that bad. Try the Best Bet and I Do I Do to start with(if you can find them).
Anyway just saw Guess Who yesterday. Not very good IMO. Jokes were predictable and only the ending was pretty good. A few laughs but not enough... And I don't find Bernie Mac that funny anyways.
Guess Who looks ok I guess, but doesn't appeal to me.
I've seen Eye 1, not any others. I really like the Pang Bros films. I might be wrong, but I think they did Bangkok Dangerous, which I like a lot.
I'll keep an eye out for the Singaporean films, but they are hard to come by here.
Milan4eva
14-04-2005, 11:33
Guess Who looks ok I guess, but doesn't appeal to me.
I've seen Eye 1, not any others. I really like the Pang Bros films. I might be wrong, but I think they did Bangkok Dangerous, which I like a lot.
I'll keep an eye out for the Singaporean films, but they are hard to come by here.
The Eye 1 is still the best horror show for me to date.
ACMILAN1983
14-04-2005, 16:03
Milan4eva, you seen Oldboy???
Milan4eva
14-04-2005, 23:34
Nope. But I'll definitely keep an eye out for it:). Btw just call me Gabriel :).
ACMILAN1983
15-04-2005, 06:00
Nope. But I'll definitely keep an eye out for it:). Btw just call me Gabriel :).
ok cool.
I definately recommend it, absoloutly brilliant film.
Also, keep an eye out for Save the Green planet ;)
ACMILAN1983
13-06-2005, 04:27
been ages since anyone posted here ;)
Anyway, I haven't seen much new stuff lately, until the other night, when I finally saw Sin City. This film just blew me away, outstanding is a good word and definately the best Robert Rodriguez film to date imo. Its very dark (film noir) and very violent and mostly shot in black and white, with some clever use of colour in there.
Its mostly shot in the same way the graphic novel is written and the influence co-director Frank Miller (writer of the books) is clear for all to see. Tarantino is a guest director and his influence is again clearly shown. The casting was superb and the film is beautifully made (or as a friend put it, its very "sexily shot"). A must see in my eyes, unless u don't like or squirm at violence and a little gore, as a few I know already had problems with that aspect lol.
Also, anyone going to see Batman Begins?
It comes out on Thursday here and I honestly can't wait, being a big Batman fan and hearing this film is brilliant (every review so far) and sticks closely to the comics and graphic novels :)
am planning to watch a series of ben stilller movies, i love him hes hillarious... infact i noticed my moves are similar to his.. the way i joke around i mean
Stezagud
13-06-2005, 10:31
I found 'The Usual Suspects' at the bottom of my cupboard, which was quite a surprise as i've been demanding my sister get it back from her boyfriend for the last 6 months. Guess he didnt have it afterall :D
Anyway, thats probably my favourite film and even though i know the ending i can still watch it repeatedly :cool:
Batman Begins has been getting excellent reviews so i may go so it, though i heard they ruined the batmobile??
been ages since anyone posted here ;)
Anyway, I haven't seen much new stuff lately, until the other night, when I finally saw Sin City. This film just blew me away, outstanding is a good word and definately the best Robert Rodriguez film to date imo. Its very dark (film noir) and very violent and mostly shot in black and white, with some clever use of colour in there.
Its mostly shot in the same way the graphic novel is written and the influence co-director Frank Miller (writer of the books) is clear for all to see. Tarantino is a guest director and his influence is again clearly shown. The casting was superb and the film is beautifully made (or as a friend put it, its very "sexily shot"). A must see in my eyes, unless u don't like or squirm at violence and a little gore, as a few I know already had problems with that aspect lolI have seen it today... kinda filthy film though it is so similarto a fairy tale... heros are heroic... do not care about others just kill everyone due to save one's life... they have one aim and do not care about nothing... too much killing and to much fighting action... sometimes it seems that heros are immortable... kinda silly, though everything has its basis... they were killing due to a fair [stupid] purpose -save someone's life... when everyone around is dying... I do not like such kind of attitude... it reflects the real world sight of this western civilazation... too many kills for nothing... anyway... I think I have gone too deep into concideration...:sagrin:
let's look at the brighter side of that film... and it is .... GIRLS :5att: I like almost all of them... especially Rosario Dawson, Brittany Murphy.... and Jessica Alba... I just adore her :wow: :star: she is simply gorgeous :kiss:
Gio-mania
13-06-2005, 16:08
this summer has excelent movies coming out.....
the last movies i have seen were 'the pacifier' at the begining of june, and star wars:3 around like the 20 of may………
ACMILAN1983
13-06-2005, 20:35
Batman Begins has been getting excellent reviews so i may go so it, though i heard they ruined the batmobile??
the batmobile looks kinda like a tank, but is designed like that as its built for the military. From what I've seen it looks odd at first, but I've gotten used to it.
I saw Star Wars ep 3, it was definately the best one of the new trilogy. I enjoyed it I guess, though it still wasn't quite on par with the original trilogy imo.
Did anyone go to see Mr and Mrs Smith this past weekend ? If so, how was it ?
arpanmilan
14-06-2005, 07:45
Did anyone go to see Mr and Mrs Smith this past weekend ? If so, how was it ?
I saw it yesterday.its not a good movie. dont watch the movie as it is a total waste of money & time.
Angel_Cic
14-06-2005, 17:13
i heard mix reviews. my friend who works at the movies, who went to the screening said it's not worth the money...it's more of a movie you'd rent. BUT! my one friend went yesterday and loved it. i dunno.
ACMILAN1983
19-06-2005, 05:15
Watched Batman Begins yesterday. Its a really great film that captures the character well. Batman is split into three characters, Batman, Bruce Wayne the playboy and Bruce Wayne the reality, as character development has been given priority.
None of the characters in the film were done too poorly and it was well directed, with action junkies likely to get their kicks too.
Overall, fans of Batman should like this film and it is quite close to the style of the comics. The best Batman film yet and leading into a whole new improved series of Batman films hopefully.
Rapierist
19-06-2005, 06:00
fans of Batman should like this film
Lessens the chances of me liking it. Oh well, I was going to give this one a skip anyway.
ACMILAN1983
19-06-2005, 14:34
Lessens the chances of me liking it. Oh well, I was going to give this one a skip anyway.
Well, I didn't mean that only Batman fans will like it, but Batman fans won't be disappointed.
As far as I know, of all the people I went to see it with, I was the only Batman fan, but everyone came out saying it was really good. I recommend giving it at least a try.
i saw mr. and mrs. smith the other day and id like to start by saying that angelina jolie is sooooooo fooooooookin hottttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!! ... the movie, i think was quite good, kinda witty, just nice but kinda unrealistic especially in the supermarket.
i got pissed off yesterday because i rented dodgeball and anchorman and i really wanted to spend the night watching them but i got them region 1 while my dvd only plays region 2
Angel_Cic
19-06-2005, 20:29
i wanna go see "the longest yard." looks like a funny movie, and adam sandler is just hilarious.
Graeme C
20-06-2005, 10:37
i wanna go see "the longest yard." looks like a funny movie, and adam sandler is just hilarious.
yeah it looks good ,i like Adam Sandler and i think Happy Gilmore and the Wedding singer are great, but i can see "the longest yard" being too similar to The waterboy :( his older films are alot better than his new ones :(
Donnie Darko is definately a film to see, i think its one of the most cleverest films eva.
Others films u guys should see are Fight Club, Lock stock, Snatch,and The Shawshank Redemption.
Angel_Cic
20-06-2005, 19:23
happy gilmore is timeless...not to mention dumb and dumber which is the greatest movie of all time...
*mock, yeah, ing, yeah, bird, yeah...yeah, YEAH!*
:rotfl:
Rapierist
21-06-2005, 01:55
not to mention dumb and dumber which is the greatest movie of all time...
:eek: :wth: :yuck:
Well, I didn't mean that only Batman fans will like it
I know. That is why I said 'lessens' rather than 'eliminates'. Especially since fanboys consider it a good movie. Just never liked superhero movies, you know, or comics, or television shows , or those silly little dolls.........
i saw Batman Begins the other day ..... i am a fan of batman anyway, so i guess my view is biased, but i thought it was a fantastic film, a great start to what will hopefully be a wonderful set of films.
Somehow i don't think "The Fantastic Four" will be as good, although i shall probably watch it just so i can try to spot Stan Lee in the film :D
- Batman Begins: Fantastic, best in series by far. The story was approached with dark realism instead of comic book appeal. :clap:
- Mr & Mrs Smith: Popcorn flic that was reasonably enjoyable, but that you forgot all about when leaving the theatre. It played far too much on the sex appeal of the 2 main stars. :rolleyes:
ACMILAN1983
24-06-2005, 18:59
nice to see Batman Begins is getting the plaudits it deserves :tong:
Fantastic Four looks terrible imo. I'm not interested at all. Not to say I dislike FF anyway, whether it be the comics, movie or cartoon ;)
Spider-man hated Johnny Storm in the Amazing Spider-man comics at the start. Shame he didn't actually do anything beyond a few "superhero" scraps.
Batman Begins was great. Christian Bale was awesome, as were most of the cast.
Katie Holmes was crap.
I'm hoping to get to War of the Worlds this weekend! I can't stand Tom Cruise but from the previews I've seen this flick is pure Spielburg so I can actually overlook Cruise's annoying presence and concentrate on the film itself!
I'm hoping to get to War of the Worlds this weekend! I can't stand Tom Cruise but from the previews I've seen this flick is pure Spielburg so I can actually overlook Cruise's annoying presence and concentrate on the film itself!
Yeah a guy who basically dropped out of high school is claiming to be an expert on psychiatry and psychology. Good actor that I cant take away from him, but really not the brightest on anything else, especially relationships.
Yeah a guy who basically dropped out of high school is claiming to be an expert on psychiatry and psychology. Good actor that I cant take away from him, but really not the brightest on anything else, especially relationships.
I can't even call him a good actor, tho he was pretty good in Mission Impossible. He's such a jerk and is being so obnoxious of late! Katie, come to your senses, girl, it's all a PT ploy!!!
For her! She'll end up with an oscar. He'll end up dumped!
Katie Holmes with an Oscar?
she's an appalling actress, all the original cast except have been resigned for the next Batman movie.
Katie Holmes with an Oscar?
she's an appalling actress, all the original cast except have been resigned for the next Batman movie.
Give her time and watch she'll end up being bigger than Tom. Evrything else he's gone out with is bigger than before. He's such a tool and he doesnt realize he's being used. Good for him.
I watched Oldboy yesterday, that was a pretty good film. I'm sure it's already been mentioned on here though. I'm set to watch Zatoichi tomorrow or Tuesday, i'm looking forward to that one.
ACMILAN1983
03-07-2005, 15:12
lol, seemed a bit of a subdued response of Oldboy, but its probably because I loved it.
Zatoichi (assuming you're talking about Takeshi Kitano one) is awsome imo.
Watched War of the Worlds today. Disappointing imo, can't be bothered to say more. :D
slightly off topic, but I thought I'd recommend an anime series called Kare Kano (aka His and Her Circumstances). Its from one of my fave directors (who did Neon Genesis Evangelion, mentioned previously on this topic I believe) and is about high school Japanese kids and their relationships. Sounds like a boring chick flick I know, but the reason I love it is due to the character development, clever directing and the unique, yet comical insight as to how high school kids deal with various situations, which can often draw comparisons with most adult behaviour and relationships.
It goes into outstanding depth for each character, and gives each one a full backstory and develops their personalities and shows them maturing through adolescence superbly.
The plotline is fairly simple (boy meets girl, girl hates boy, they end up liking each other and must resolve numerous problems in life etc etc.), yet compelling and at all times shows important factors to further develop the characters involved.
Music too is excellent in the way it is integrated into the show, yet it probably wouldn't make much good listening on its own tbh. The artwork and animation, whilst not outstanding, compliment the show very well, portraying different environments in unique way as well as fitting with the tone beautifully. A good example is if a scene is comical but suddenly becomes very serious, the artwork starts off cute (but not off-putting) and lighthearted, but as soon as the the tone of the scene becomes serious, so does the art and sound. This may seem inconsistent when I speak of it in this way, but it somehow integrates together seamlessly to give the viewer severe emotional impact.
ok, this was meant to be a short description of the show, so I'll stop before its a full essay :confused:
In short, a personal favourite ;)
Watched War of the Worlds today. Disappointing imo, can't be bothered to say more. :D
:faint: WHAT???? I've read alot of reviews and stories about this movie, have seen several preview shows aobut it. i was prepared for a very slow start, as the one review said, to establish characters. Instead, iwthin 5 minutes we're seeing the strom, the lightning, and then there's the pavement cracking up. I didn't breathduring this entire film. Pure Spielburg. My omly disappointment--it was TOO SHORT!!
ACMILAN1983
04-07-2005, 10:28
:faint: WHAT???? I've read alot of reviews and stories about this movie, have seen several preview shows aobut it. i was prepared for a very slow start, as the one review said, to establish characters. Instead, iwthin 5 minutes we're seeing the strom, the lightning, and then there's the pavement cracking up. I didn't breathduring this entire film. Pure Spielburg. My omly disappointment--it was TOO SHORT!!
lol, I had a feeling you might give this response after I just read your post in "brighter things in life".
Well, I'll try and explain what I disliked. I may have SPOILERS from this point on, so please avoid if you haven't seen the film.
Though it was good at building tension and displayed the scale of destruction well (clearly Spielberg is still a class director), I felt much of the plot was missing compared to the novel and the 70s concert thing (don't know if many know about that, but I heard it just the other day).
Tom Cruise was ok in the acting, but I never once felt any feeling towards any of the characters. I'm not sure why, but I just didn't like any of them. Ray's son (forget the name) particularly annoyed me and his actions rarely made sense to me.
Also, there was little explanation as to why the family were going to Boston. They knew the situation there wouldn't be much different yet Ray wanted to get to his ex-wife (perhaps for the kids, but to me thats not enough reason to take the risks they did). Now, as the son said, this made him weak as he was trying to remove his responsibilities and push it onto others, which made Ray an inconsistent character as he seems to always take responsibilty at other points in the film.
The aliens themselves were reasonably represented and I did like the giant ships of the aliens. However, an issue that makes little sense is it says the aliens planted the ships underground before humans ever existed, but this makes me confused as they have studied earth for a million years and yet they still happen to miss the natural structure of all living things on the planet. Surely with such great technology and research, they would have realised this aspect of the earth.
At the end, why on earth did that boy have to survive, he was so annoying. Also, little explanation is given how he survives, as we clearly see the area he was left in was blown up and no human could escape unscathed as he did. I also wondered why the area where Ray's ex's mother lives was pretty much undamaged when the aliens had destroyed most of the earth. The ending also refused to mention a key aspect which is the possibility of the aliens coming back in the future. Surely they wouldn't just give up after one problem.
Finally, the main character was nothing like the one from the original story, which was far better developed and more realisitic. Other characters were also left undeveloped in the film such as the crazy guy played by Tim Robbins.
end of spoilers
This probably sounds like I thought the film was terrible right now. But thats not the case, it had some good moments too (I liked seeing the opening half hour actually where we see the aliens beginning their takeover), but I do feel it could have been much better.
On a side note, I did finish Kare Kano (the anime I mentioned in my previous post) yesterday and must say its brilliant. Unfortunately, it does have one major flaw, which is its based on a manga (japanese comic). This resulted in the show at times just reviewing over previous episodes and having a "filler" episode or two as the story caught up to the manga, to which the next volume still needed releasing. This issue also meant the series finished unconcluded, as the creators ran out of material to complete the show. Heres hoping a second season or sequel of some form comes out to the show, though I know realistically, its very unlikely to happen.
I wasn't sure what to comment on about Oldboy in my last post, but i enjoyed it alot. I especially liked the intro, there were some nice effects in that. But then i guess i would study those things in more detail :)
Yes Dev, the Zatoichi i watched was the recent Takeshi Kitano version. I thought it was fantastic. Apart from the dynamic fights, i loved the little comedy scenes, like the workers in the field ploughing to the beat of the music, or the gambling nephew trying to teach people how to fight and lets not forget the village idiot who runs around the place semi naked pretending to be a samurai :D
A wonderful film, very entertaining.
war of the worlds was ****eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
ACMILAN1983
04-07-2005, 16:13
I wasn't sure what to comment on about Oldboy in my last post, but i enjoyed it alot. I especially liked the intro, there were some nice effects in that. But then i guess i would study those things in more detail :)
Yes Dev, the Zatoichi i watched was the recent Takeshi Kitano version. I thought it was fantastic. Apart from the dynamic fights, i loved the little comedy scenes, like the workers in the field ploughing to the beat of the music, or the gambling nephew trying to teach people how to fight and lets not forget the village idiot who runs around the place semi naked pretending to be a samurai :D
A wonderful film, very entertaining.
thought you might like it ;)
I'm thinking about watching Coffee and Cigarettes tonight although I may change my mind and go for Chow Yun Fat classic God of Gamblers
war of the worlds was ****eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Is that good or bad? :hihihi:
sorry ... it was $hiteeeeeeeeee!!!
Well, despite a few weak links--they headed to Boston b/c that was the only place Ray knew they had family and any hopes of finding anyone they knew--I found it to be pure, entertaining Spielburg, right down to the E.T. tribute and the 9/11 elements. I went for that reason and that reason alone.
ACMILAN1983
05-07-2005, 11:28
Well, despite a few weak links--they headed to Boston b/c that was the only place Ray knew they had family and any hopes of finding anyone they knew--I found it to be pure, entertaining Spielburg, right down to the E.T. tribute and the 9/11 elements. I went for that reason and that reason alone.
I guess thats true that they went to Boston to find those they know.
I can understand how you can think it was an entertaining film. I guess in my case, I had raised my hopes too much and got underwhelmed.
I watched God of Gamblers last night. Its a kind of strange mix of comedy and action. Not bad and Chow Yun Fat is as cool as ever in that film.
ACMILAN1983
14-07-2005, 09:21
I saw a great film the other night called Amores Perros. I think its Mexican and is brilliantly made, similar in structure to Pulp Fiction where common events shape and affect the lives of different people in different ways (though the tone and style is very different to Pulp Fiction).
Essentially, its quite a gritty and harsh view on the ideas demostrated in the film, yet each character is developed and captured from positive perspectives too (such as their feelings).
A fair amount of action and drama is in the film and I recommend it. However, it does show some dog fights (as in illegal dog fight betting) and the effects of dog fights on the dogs, which is quite realistically portrayed and may put people off a bit, if they have problems with animal cruelty (although I'm quite sure they didn't actually get dogs to have fights during filming).
Saw Fantastic 4 the last week. If you like pop corn and don't mind leaving your brain at home when you go to the movies, it might entertain you.
i saw the doors late last nite ... i think it was a bit annoying, but i though val kilmer did a great job as jim morrison... i expected it to be much better, it actually dissapointed me
i also saw the classic movie, 'animal house' ... i saw it when the sun was up so maybe it could have been better, it was funny in a way but i think because so many new movies use the same jokes it becomes less funny.
i saw the doors late last nite ... i think it was a bit annoying, but i though val kilmer did a great job as jim morrison... i expected it to be much better, it actually dissapointed me
probably one on the best movies i have seen, i love Oliver Stone's Movies, you need to do some drugs MK, Mind Expanding Substances.
probably one on the best movies i have seen, i love Oliver Stone's Movies, you need to do some drugs MK, Mind Expanding Substances.
uhum... mind expanding .... :haha:
Angel_Cic
14-07-2005, 12:14
i watched fantastic 4 the other night. it was a great movie. i highly enjoyed it! maybe because i watched the cartoon when i was younger. anyway, the acting was not bad at all.
begodude
14-07-2005, 12:58
The Phanthom of the Opera is just flying insinde my head, can't help it, the movie is so romantic...
Planning to go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory sometime in the next week, with Lin and her brother. Previews look like the warped and twisted humor we all so appreciate! :5guitar:
Over the past 2 days i have seen The Manchurian Candidate, War of the Worlds and The Motorcycle Diaries.
The first is a remake of the old film, i've not seen the original, but i highly enjoyed this new version. It's like a more adult version of Enemy of the State, lots of dark revelations, conspiracy theories and the abuse of power. It's a story about what a group of soldiers thought was true turns out to be a lie and how the power to create this false truth has them trying to gain the presidency. It's a great film, especially if you like all this kind of stuff, X-Files and such.
War of the Worlds, well we all know about that. I thought it was pretty good, liked it alot, except for the idiot sat behind me who was talking for most of it. The special effects were fantastic, a few points were a little weak, but on the whole it was a thumbs up.
The Motorcycle Diaries is all about the real-life road trip Ernesto Guevara and his friend Alberto Granado take around South America, which basically is the influence that leads Ernesto to become the famous Cuban miltant hero. The film leads you on a journey showing the subtle transformation of Ernesto's mind from young boy out to have fun to a man who decides to devote himself to changing the inequality and poverty of his America. It's a very powerful film, i would highly recommend it.
As for trailers, i liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it looks incredible and completely insane at the same time. I don't take drugs, but i wonder what that film would be like if you were on LSD or something ! ( Just say no kids :D ) King Kong looks great. I've seen the trailer before, but not on the big screen and i have to say it seemed awesome. Weta + Jackson = Pure Cinematic Entertainment. Seeing a T-Rex or two being beaten up by a mean looking giant gorilla has to be the ultimate :D Cinderella Man looked ok, Russel Crowe as a boxer ... gets success, loses it, has one shot to get it back again. Tired sounding story, but this time it is true, might be worth a look.
ACMILAN1983
21-07-2005, 15:52
Last night I saw Ghostbusters. A classic imo, never gotten tired of watching it and I've seen it many times in my life :D
Probably going to see Shogun Assassin next. Its a Japanese chanbara (samurai) film. Apparently famed for its excessive violence and controversy (it was banned in 1983 apparently in the uk) and its mention in Kill Bill 2 (its the film the little girl loves).
However, my interest stems from two other reasons. The first being I'm a fan of chanbara films in general from the classic Seven Samurai to modern day greats like Zatoichi (the Takeshi Kitano one).
The second reason for my interest being its a lone wolf and cub story. For those who don't know, Lone wolf and cub is about a man entrusted by the Shogun to be an official executioner. He would assist in Seppuku (ritual suicide).
However, he was falsly accused of treason by the evil Yagyu Clan, stripped of his position and his wife got murdered by Yagyu assassins.
He was a father who gave his infant son a terrible choice between a beautiful red ball and a sword. If he chose the ball it meant he would join his mother, but to choose the sword meant he would join his father, now a Ronin (a samurai without a master) in a journey of revenge.
Now, Shogun assassin is a film based on this ronin and his child travelling together with the aim of revenge and is one of a series of films based on this plot (aka the "baby cart" films). It is a classic series in Japan spawning a number of movies and a manga (Japanese comic) series.
Hey, what does this have to do with Milan????? Nothing...
Quit it!!!!
Hey, what does this have to do with Milan????? Nothing...
Quit it!!!!
Not sure what you mean there but welcome to MM SANT :)
A good movie I only saw recently is Man On Fire, sort of different film making and very good perfomances by Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning and others
ACMILAN1983
21-07-2005, 16:04
Hey, what does this have to do with Milan????? Nothing...
Quit it!!!!
hey, boy genius, look at the title of the thread, then look at the where the thread is and you might notice that this part of the forums isn't to do with football, but more a place for member's to socialise, hence its called the 'Member's lounge" and this thread isn't to do with Milan, its about films, which is what my post and the post above mine and the post above that and so on are all talking about. :rolleyes:
Hey, what does this have to do with Milan????? Nothing...
Quit it!!!!
:haha: :haha: :haha:
Hey SANT, what do you have between your head????? Nothing...
Quit it !!!!
That's a great movie Reza, i liked Man on Fire alot ... good film.
just saw 'man of the year' ... i liked it, its from the makers of one of the best movies ive ever seen 'city of god' ... i recomend it
saw BASEketball and rockstar, the latter i thought was really good the former is ****!
i also saw school of rock and its very very very funny! ...i highly recommend it, just hillarious!
begodude
23-07-2005, 04:41
Mr BEan? has anyone saw Mr BEan... does it have a new episode or something like that? because i understand they only had 8 series of the movie right>?
ACMILAN1983
23-07-2005, 13:53
just saw 'man of the year' ... i liked it, its from the makers of one of the best movies ive ever seen 'city of god' ... i recomend it
saw BASEketball and rockstar, the latter i thought was really good the former is ****!
i also saw school of rock and its very very very funny! ...i highly recommend it, just hillarious!
I love city of God, its a fantastic film. I'll keep an eye out for Man of the year.
Gio-mania
23-07-2005, 14:51
wanna see different movies- batman beggins, wedding crashers, fanastic4 and war of the worlds................
latest movie i saw was starwars episode:3,(1 day after the release) awesome- one of the best movies i've ever seen.......
I love city of God, its a fantastic film. I'll keep an eye out for Man of the year.
yeah u should but its not as good IMO, but its pretty fine. i saw the first CD of episode 1 of city of men, its friggin amazing, dev if u liked city of god then u gotta get the collection of this show... its like city of god only made as a show and with the same actors but different personalities... im gonna complete the first episode today... its amazing
ACMILAN1983
24-07-2005, 06:17
I'm interested in City of men, I've seen it around, but no money ;)
I saw Shogun Assassin last night. Its a great film, but for those who have problems with blood and violence may be discouraged :D
Reza knows about Shogun Assassin and its Masters of Death :D
I'm interested in City of men, I've seen it around, but no money ;)
u should cough it up because its really good
ACMILAN1983
25-07-2005, 08:59
Last night I saw Fighter in the Wind. Its a Korean film based on a Korean manga that is loosely based on a true story. Set in the 1930s, its about a Korean man (Baedal) who becomes a fighter after moving to Japan and invents a new karate system called Kyokoshin. Its a very good movie and has some really good action in it and is well worth a shot.
Today i watched The Chronicles of Riddick. I can't remember if it's supposed to detail his time before or after Pitch Black, but anyway ... i thought it was pretty good. An enjoyable sci-fi, i didn't have to think too hard to watch it ... and that's always a good thing :D
Tomorrow i will watch The Four Feathers, the original version. It's a great old film, one to look out for maybe, or if you don't like the old films see the remake.
saw batman begins and i have to say its one of the worst movies ive ever seen... its as if ive seen the movie before because all the things that are said are used in previous movies, theres nothing inventive in it, nothing new, same old story... the lead actor was annoying, the way he talks and looks... i hate the guy who put a scarecrow on his head, he looks so gay... the whole story is stupid... i just enjoyed that night because my friend who also hates these kinds of movies made fun of it, its was enjoyable, thank god the movie was ****
oh by the way, u know whats funny about it??? ... when rass al ghoul asks batman to cut off the bad guys head and he says no because hes not an executioner, dont u find it funny that he ended up killing all of al ghouls students and the bad guy at the end??? ... he says no to killing a bad person, but the good guys he kills?!?!? :haha:
begodude
27-07-2005, 22:06
have you guys seen electra.... :D:D:D
maybe because I have not read the comic, that I don't understand any of the story... the opening is not helping a lot...
who hasnt seen carmen electra??? ... SHES HOT !!! :D:D:D :guw:
The 4 feathers is a great film, the old fashioned british humour in it is fantastic. Some of the best bits are when the old General is recalling his army stories, like when a private of his was scared of going over the top in the Crimean war and he said "Would you rather face the Russians or me ... so over he went and was shot to pieces, went like a true member of the army should, his family have a long line of great deaths, his dad was killed in the Crimean, his Grandad was blow up at sea under Nelson and his Great Grandad was scalped by an Indian"
Although the better story was how a messenger was sent out to relay a message but he had his arm cut off in an ambush which was a shame because it messed up his cricket days from there on :D I guess it takes a certain kind of humour, but a great yarn altogether.
Today i watch Collateral with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. I thought it was pretty entertaining, nice to see Cruise play a bad guy for once. The shoot out at the end and the ending after that were a bit abrupt, but definately one to recommend.
This afternoon i watched Warriors of Heaven and Earth and i have to say i was nicely surprised by it. It turned out to be a very entertaining film, so if you like ancient Chinese westerns with sword fighting and holy monks, then go watch it :D
ACMILAN1983
02-08-2005, 16:33
Warriors of Heaven and Earth is pretty good, I saw it about a year ago, so I forget much of it ;)
I saw Coffee and Cigarettes lately, which is an interesting film. Though a comedy, don't expect a slapstick, but something much more subtle. Probably of an acquired taste tbh.
ps - been watching the classic anime Super Dimensional Force Macross, which is brilliant. Fans of Transformers or Gundam should give it a chance :D
ACMILAN1983
11-08-2005, 16:12
saw a couple of good films lately.
The first was Arahan, a Korean action/comedy. Its not a bad movie but not a great one. However, its good to kill some time when bored and can provide some good entertainment.
The second film was Sky High. Its based on a Japanese tv series (I think) and is directed by Ryuhei Kitamaru (Versus, Azumi, Godzilla: Final Wars). Its a good action film and is quite cool. It is pretty much all style of substance and so anyone going in to watch a deep meaningful film will be disappointed (but then again, who goes to watch a Kitamaru film for depth?).
i saw a mexican movie called amores perros ... i liked it alot, these latin movies are sooo amazing, i especially like the shooting (the camera) ...i also saw the incredibles the other day and it was funny, i thought it could be better but its still good... i also saw a brittish movie called black ball and i thought it wasnt bad, just not really good... i rented garandiru (brazilian) and football factory (brittish) and im eager to see them
ACMILAN1983
14-08-2005, 06:54
oh cool, mk I saw Amores Perros too (I think I posted about it a few pages back). Absoloutly fantastic film :D
ACMILAN1983
29-08-2005, 17:46
tonight, I saw a Hong Kong film based on a Japanese manga and anime.
Initial D is a movie made by the creators of the Infernal Affairs films and many of the cast return in this street racing film. I personally thought it was a great for 2hrs of entertainment, shot in a very stylish way and the soundtrack worked brilliantly with the film.
The plot wasn't anything too deep, but it was fairly good and the characters were well developed. The cars themselves were not particularly special and clearly dated (as is the manga), but this didn't detract from the great races.
Theres not much else to say about the film other than I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and it did surpass my expectations. Also, Anthony Wong who plays the main character's father is particularly good and as cool as ever.
ACMILAN1983
30-08-2005, 18:21
Unleashed (danny the dog if you prefer) is a great film. I saw it tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. By far Jet Li's best Western film it has brilliant action, a very good plot and the characters are all well developed, particularly the relationships.
The action is more hard hitting than a normal Jet Li film, but really adds impact to the character's persona.
It was a great watch.
*sigh* here's hoping someone else has something to say about a film as its too quiet in here lately
Angel_Cic
31-08-2005, 11:08
dev! cute avatar :) hehehe
ummm i watched 40 yr old virgin last week...which was pretty funny. i liked it better than wedding crashers.
a few days ago i watched red eye...which made me jump quite a few times. it was not at all gorry or sick...but it was a nice suspense movie!
ACMILAN1983
31-08-2005, 19:04
Thanks Mia, I'm curious about Red Eye, people keep talking about it lol.
Right, tonight I saw Howl's Moving Castle, an animated (anime) movie based (loosely) on the book by Diana Wynne Jones. This is the latest film from Hayao Miyazaki who is known for a number of classics including Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, My neighbour Totoro, Castle in the Sky and the oscar winner Spirited Away.
Firstly, I guess I should say that by Miyazaki's standards, this isn't his best work. However, note I say "Miyazaki's" standards. For those who don't know, he's reached an point in his career that expectations of his films have become impossible to meet.
Howl's is a brilliant film and a modern classic. It has a strong plot, the characters are excellent and it will entertain kids whilst adults will be provoked into thought by the actual depth of it all. The animation is simply beautiful (and the fact its mostly traditionally hand drawn, its all the more special) and the music by Joe Hisaishi is enchanting.
The fact is, this will be one of the best animated films or shows this year. Compared to other animations catered towards the same market (kids and family viewing), it is probably the best by quite a margin.
This is a film that should be seen and after watching it, I suggest you go out and find the other gems that Miyazaki has made over the years to really see why this is one of the most appreciated directors in history.
Gabrielle
01-09-2005, 22:03
Napola - Elite für den Führer. :clap:
The movie is about the dilemma and choices of some German teenagers who attend Napola - a special institution for gifted boys to turn them into the Nazi elite.
Was watching this movie at a cinema..someone actually laugh out loud when one of the Napola boys got blown during the grenade throwing session.Sick bastard! :wth:
BTW, my sis love Initial D so much.She keep insisting that I watch...am waiting for the dvd to be release here ;)
ff advent children roxxxxxxxxx
well i'm a ff fan
so i might be biased
:p
but the fighthing scene is very good
ACMILAN1983
13-09-2005, 09:09
Advent Children is out!??????
Damn, I've been waiting well over a year or two for this! :D
Milan4eva
13-09-2005, 09:10
Just saw Red Eye yesterday. Was really good IMO. Nice, solid and simple thriller which was pretty unpredictable and original with it's twists.
Oh yeah, caught The Longest Yard on Saturday. I know this was made based on the British football flick Mean Machine a few years ago with Vinnie Jones in it. But was that film based on another older film? I'm getting confused here :googly:
well
i didn't get the ffac in a legal way
lol
so i'ts not really out yet
:D
ACMILAN1983
13-09-2005, 13:02
Ah well, I can't wait to see FF:AC
Red Eye is ok for some light entertainment. I personally found the main bad guy to be brilliantly hilarious in a pathetic kind of way :tong:
Just saw Red Eye yesterday. Was really good IMO. Nice, solid and simple thriller which was pretty unpredictable and original with it's twists.
Oh yeah, caught The Longest Yard on Saturday. I know this was made based on the British football flick Mean Machine a few years ago with Vinnie Jones in it. But was that film based on another older film? I'm getting confused here :googly:
yeah i thought about the same thing the day i saw it
ps: the footballing one was better IMO
Napola - Elite für den Führer. :clap:
BTW, my sis love Initial D so much.She keep insisting that I watch...am waiting for the dvd to be release here ;)
Go watch Initial D! Especially the one in Cantonese... Go! Or I'll message you everyday to remind you to watch it. Or not, you come over, got the movie in DVD. :D
Ehem... Go watch it. *insert the :p smiley here because i couldn't find it.
Last night i watched The Descent, it's the scariest horror i have ever seen you must watch it.
i just came back from the cinema and i saw wedding crashers and i have to admit it was very funny throughout ... im a person who loves to laugh but i laugh sooo much that it would take something really special to get me started... its been a while since i last laughed like this and its what i really needed after a very very very tough week!!!
go watch it people
ImHoTeP1907
15-09-2005, 04:47
SAHARA...
the perfect movie i ever watched before..by Clive Cussler
with not much to do in fookin amherst, ive been watching lots and lots of movies, ive seen everything in sight and i bought so many DVDs myself (one thing i noticed is that they cost sooooo much in the US)
DVDs I own
-kicking and screaming: funny family movie, id give it a 7/10.
- kung pow: enter the fist : the best comedy ive ever seen, and i always loved it 10/10
- detroit rock city: a movie ive seen around 2 years ago but never knew its name, i liked it alot and when i found it, i bought it immedietly 8/10
- chappelle's show: series 1: not as funny as i thought it would be, not bad, but he seemed to have started very slowly and then the show became funnier later on 6/10
- chappelle's show: series 2: hillarious, it contains the lil' jon, rick james and the prince episodes and everything about it is funny 9/10
DVDs that i borrowed from roomates:
- the sandlot: a family movie that i enjoyed alot, i love movies like it, and anything similar is recommended 8/10
- stand by me: again a movie i saw previously and i love it, similar to the sandlot, where its a story about kids in the 50's, definatly recommended 9/10
- bourne identity: the best action movie ive ever seen, im not the blockbuster/action type but this one is perfect and realistic in a way. 10/10
- national lampoons european vacation: ver funny and very catchy, shows the beautiful side of europe and the way americans think (which made me laugh twice as much), i love movies that take place in europe, but not eurotrip cuz it only shows jack$hit, watch this if u like these movies as well. 8/10
- once upon a time in mexico: not bad, but very similar to most movies out there, i love the soundtrack - pistolero - and salma hayek if sooooo foooookin hot in the movie 6/10
- tommy boy: the late chris farley is hillarious in this movie, i love his moves, david spade as much as i like him is a loser in it though, the story wasnt very interesting but farley was funny so... 6/10
- dumb and dumber: believe it or not this was the first time i saw the movie, it was funny on many occasions and jim carry is undoubtadly the best with making faces. 7/10
Movies i saw in the cinema:
- wedding crashers: verry verrrrrry verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry funny, from start to finish, very mch recommended 9/10
- kiss, kiss, bang, bang: the best movie ive seen in ages, it has everythig u want in a movie, a great main character, action, comedy, a plot... perfect 10/10
i just bought reservoir dogs and eventhough im no tarantino fan, this movie might be good because everyone who saw it liked it
Angel_Cic
05-11-2005, 12:02
i watched "Doom" last weekend and it was aweful! i never knew about the game, but my friend who was actually looking forward to comparing the movie to the game was quite disappointed. basically he said that the movie SUCKED.
last night i watched "North Country" with Charlize Theron. it's was AMAZING. i hope she wins some Oscars because her performance was unbelievable. it was pretty hard to watch because of the theme of the movie...very emotional, but it was a great. 4 stars!!!
slicknick
16-11-2005, 12:02
i watched "Doom" last weekend and it was awful!
I have heard that too. I have also heard that Jarhead is not bad
Has anybody else here seen Munich? I think it as an amazing movie. It graphically recreates a horrifying historic event and then vividly tracks the aftermath. Very many people think it is biased toward the Israelis since Spielberg is Jewish, but I can assure you that it is told from a nearly neutral point of view. Spielberg doesn't glorify the terrorists in any way, but there are also moments where the Arabs and Palestinians talk about why their justification for hating Israel. Anyway, I'm not going to get political or say any details from the movie. This is one of the best movies I've see in a long time.
ill have to see that movie. i saw 4 brothers yesterday, i thought i was good, all my friends found it great... but right now im more into foreign/latino films like city of god and amores perros... id appreciate more similar movies... new age movies are so interesting
oh i saw training day the other day... what a great movie!!
Graeme C
29-01-2006, 15:31
i just watched the movie "The Island", i thought it was really reallly good :) If you like "the Rock" ul like the island....
i saw munich the other day and tbh its the only spielberg movie i liked... great filming, great story, and very even from the arab and israeli points of view... and very good acting aswell
I just finished watching Cinderalla Man and Aviator, what a great movies, i really enjoyed them
Graeme C
07-02-2006, 15:26
Just saw Red Eye yesterday. Was really good IMO. Nice, solid and simple thriller which was pretty unpredictable and original with it's twists.
Oh yeah, caught The Longest Yard on Saturday. I know this was made based on the British football flick Mean Machine a few years ago with Vinnie Jones in it. But was that film based on another older film? I'm getting confused here :googly:
i saw the longest yard over the weekend, a very very funny film :) Mean Machine (vinnie jones one) and the new longest yard are both based on the 70s Longest yard film....
Egoistka
07-02-2006, 21:44
I watched "Fun with **** and Jane" last weekend and I really liked this movie. Jim Carry is brilliant as usual and a humour is not dirty...Very nice and funny movie...
GRE-NO-LI
07-02-2006, 22:19
Jean Luc Godard and Glauber Rocha.
Giovanni
08-02-2006, 03:26
the last great movies i've watched are
Million dollar baby
City of God
gio... city of god is my fav movie ever ... excellent in alllllll aspects, u cant find anything wrong with that movie..
i saw ali g in da house and its absolutly hillarious
Milan_Mad
05-04-2006, 17:28
Well after Milan and football in general am a big movie buff and would like to ask u all What Movie have you watched lately
Mine was
Hostel - I went to the cinema to see this a few weeks ago: it was very good: worth a look if your into sick twisted horror movies. 8/10
What happened to this thread? I merged a new one Milan_Mad created with this old one.
Best movie I have seen recently is The Constant Gardener...excellent, eye opening movie. One of the best I have seen in a long while.
Milan_Mad
05-04-2006, 17:49
Thanks rezag: i did not see this thread around.
I'm a big movie buff also infact horror is my favourite genre but in general i like all genres of movies.
I saw the trailer of Hostel and it looks very good i saw some really sick and nasty scenes and i'm really looking forward to see it
Anyway, my last seen movie is "Weather Man" with Nicholas Cage a really good drama infact i really liked the movie it's really worth to see it and although it's a drama it has some hilarious scenes
the last great movies i've watched are
Million dollar baby
I really have a bad memory about that movie, because they played it on the bus on the way back from my trip from Santa Fe where Almagro was defeated 3-1 and couldnt be champion. We where all so sad about the match and the lost championship, and this movie made us more sad even, it was like the fourth goal.
rahul.acm
08-04-2006, 21:28
snatch and lock stock
films by guy ritchie. really classy and they make u think!
Angel_Cic
09-04-2006, 15:50
i watched "Take the Lead" on friday...staring Antonio Banderez. I loved it! maybe because I LOVE dancing, and maybe because I think he's absolutely gorgeous. :tong: Anyway, the tunes were great, and i'm probobly going to buy the soundtrack when it comes out. Something about learning the rumba to reggaeton music get's me excited ;)
Milan_Mad
10-04-2006, 12:19
Doom - Really entertaining stuff with the rock
paradise now, but didnt finish it... looked great, the arabic city of god considered by many...
anyone else seen it?? opinion?
ACMILAN1983
11-04-2006, 15:41
I recommend Munich by Spielberg. A superb film that is simply amazing in the power of its thought provoking messages.
Ghost in the shell 2: Innocence is another I would recommend. Simply put, be patient and be prepared for a complex film. However, much can be taken out of this gem that is the sequel to the film that had argubly the biggest influence on the Matrix.
My mother told me that Woody Allen's new movie ''Match´Point'' is very good. I havent checked, lol.
i agree with dev, munich was a really good movie, my favorite for speilberg
pa7uel, ill have to disagree with your mom, i saw it with mine, and i thought the plot was kinda stupid and it was a bit too slow for me
haha ok, then i wont go see it then. I'll save my money to ''Ice age 2'', anyone has seen it? the first one made me cry a lot, is this one as good as the first one?
Today i saw Silent Hill. I know it is based on the game, but as i haven't played any of them that didn't make much difference. I'm still not sure what to make of it to be honest.
Bad points:
The script - it's awful in places, some of the lines are cringe-worthy
The acting - it's very 'wooden' in places
The plot - it's not easy to follow and people not knowing much about the game will be left thinking 'What's going on here ?'
Sean Bean's accent ! Why did they make him American ?? Great actor but does a lousy American accent.
Good points:
Horror - it's not scary, as in it'll make you jump. But some bits are quite gory and painful looking.
The plot - i know i've used it as a bad point, but some parts of the film are very good and drag you along at a fast pace. It's just let down in places.
Overall i'd give 6/7 out of 10. It might be best to wait until this comes out on dvd until you watch it, unless you have some money you want to spend.
Capitano
22-04-2006, 01:34
"50 first dates", try to watch it once time! it's a great movie, so romantic. Soundtracks are funny, too! All is wonderful, I thought that :)
This afternoon i watched 'The Brothers Grimm'. I quite liked it, i thought it was a very enjoyable movie. Obviously it's about the famous storytelling brothers who have written/inspired most of the fairytales we have today. It's not so much a biography, more a light hearted fantasy. It's good spotting little bits here and there and thinking 'ahh, so maybe that's how little red riding hood was created' and so on ...
Worth a go if you like that kind of comedy fantasy adventure film, think Sleepy Hollow with more comedy and not so dark or creepy and you'll be pretty much there.
Ooo, i must remember to rent Brothers Grimm!!
I can hardly wait for The DaVinci Code! I didn't read the book until last fall I think it was. I like Dan Brown's style and to be honest, the first book of his that I read was Digital Fortress!! That book totally carried me to anothwer place, as any good book does. Technical but not way over your head technical, at least I didn't think so. I'd love it if someone decided to make DF itno a movie, but don't use Tom Hanks in it.
Anyway, I've seen previews of DaVinci Code, and I've also seen one special report on it. And yes, I've also watched some programs about the whole was Jesus married debate. I was totally skeptical about Tom Hanks being in this movie--I don't like him, I think he goes over the top with the drama roles but I was shocked when I saw the first report on the movie. I actually think he'll be a good Langdon and I'm kind of chuckling b/c Langdon does bear a resemblance to Mr. Brown! My roomie and I were out shopping yesterday and when we hit Borders I spotted a couple books that are now out to accompany both the book and the movie and told her she had to look not further for what to get me for an upcoming event.
If anyone followed the law suit against Brown by 2 of the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail, I have a couple things to say about that. First off, the timing was really incredibly RUDE of those men. If they had a beef about did Brown or did he not copy their work then why would they not bring that up as soon as him book was released? To me, they came across as the authors of a minor book (written in the 80's, I have it in my library at school) who were trying to get publicity for their own book (probably hoping it would be revived and yes, I saw it at Borders), the whole 9 yards of being jealous of Brown's sucess. Now I see Opus Dei wants some disclaimer put on the movie. Hmmm...well then, why ARE they such a secret organization so secretly signed into existence by Pope John Paul II in 1978 was it?
United 93...
Really nothing to say about this movie. You know how it ends, there are no surprises ot twists. I'm not going to say anything about it, but I highly recommend to everyone.
fifamaster
01-05-2006, 21:08
Cool topic! I'm a movie buff myself, my parents own 3 videostores in the south of Holland and I work in one here in Amsterdam.
Jean Luc Godard and Glauber Rocha.
What about them?
'Munich'; didn't like it - I found it too flashy, it went from action scene to action scene, not enough background info, not enough story. Due to this almost none character buildup and therefore I found the way they turned into stonecold killers not very realistic
Best Movie of 2005 IMO; 'Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou'
Good movies 2006 so far; 'Lemming' and 'Broken Flowers'
rahul.acm
02-05-2006, 13:26
miracle. i just cannot describe how good the movie was. it wud be the best movie for a sports fan. i cried like a baby after watching it!
X-Men 3 is great !!
If you've read the comic books, then you might be a bit disappointed because the film doesn't really follow any kind of storyline from the comics. However, you can put that aside and enjoy the film on its own merits and on that basis it's great.
Wolverine is again fantastic, Hugh Jackman is born to play this role. Beast is also superb, Kelsey Grammar gets it spot on. Storm is ok, Jean Grey is awesome ! Ice Man and Colossus aren't used as much as they should be, which is a shame .. and of course there are cameos from characters all over the place.
There are a few down sides, Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut is terrible and he only has a few lines. It does tend to start feeling a little stale though, Wolverine still has to decide 'which side he's on' and it would be nice to have another main enemy, which could possibly happen if they have a fourth film.
The fight scenes are amazing though, some of the stuff they do with Jean Grey/Phoenix is incredible and when you see the list of special effects teams that worked on it you'll understand why.
Overall, highly enjoyable ... and quite shocking in regards to what they do to some characters. Very Entertaining. One final thing, if you watch it, stay until the credits finish to see a tiny extra snippet. It's an obvious one, but good to see.
ACMILAN1983
26-05-2006, 17:06
I also saw X3 and liked it. My friend (die hard X-Men fan) liked it too, so it I don't think thats too bad.
I liked Vinnie Jones, I just thought he was pretty hilarious :tong:
ukrainian_CA
26-05-2006, 19:07
haha ok, then i wont go see it then. I'll save my money to ''Ice age 2'', anyone has seen it? the first one made me cry a lot, is this one as good as the first one?
I watched it in the movie theater about a month ago.
It is as good as the first one, lots of laughter lines for kids and not-kids.
Yes, i think cartoon movies are impproving very much, for instance Shrek 2 made me LMAO, but i realy dont think a kid less than 13 years old can understand 80% of the gags, but they will laugh anyway. I think ice age was still very inocent, i havent seen the second, but as soon as it is on cable, and i have nothing else to do, i'll watch it for sure.
How High ..
Methodman & Redman
funny movie, but i thought the ending was poor...
anyone seen paradise now yet?
i have a very nice collection of movies i jsut dont know which one to watch tomorrow night, confessions of a dangerous mind maybe?
Gabrielle
04-06-2006, 12:53
funny movie, but i thought the ending was poor...
anyone seen paradise now yet?
i have a very nice collection of movies i jsut dont know which one to watch tomorrow night, confessions of a dangerous mind maybe?
Am watching Paradise Now this week ;)
Last few weeks was the Turkish Film Festival here so I went and watch two movies :Korkuyorum Anne (I'm scared ,Mum) and Karpuz Kabugundan Gemiler Yapmak (Making Boats Out of Watermelon Rinds). I love the latter so much I watch it twice!!It's kinda like the Turkish version of Cinema Paradiso....Korkuyorum Anne was nice too, a comedy but with a fine message in between.
Anyone here watch these movies b4?
i havent id love to see them... im more interested in international movies, kinda got sick of american movies, theres always an actor you know, its like you have a bunch that are chosen for a movie randomly... theyre great movies but i prefer international, nicer filming aswell
Saw the remake of The Omen, since the original is one of my faves and remakes are usually not good I wasn't even sure I should see it. But I liked it.
Pretty much follows the same story as the first part of the original trilogy. The musical score is also pretty good, helping, as in the original, to add to the suspense and effect of the movie.
7/10...the original trilogy gets a 9/10 though :D
ukrainian_CA
06-06-2006, 19:34
Yes, i think cartoon movies are impproving very much, for instance Shrek 2 made me LMAO, but i realy dont think a kid less than 13 years old can understand 80% of the gags, but they will laugh anyway. I think ice age was still very inocent, i havent seen the second, but as soon as it is on cable, and i have nothing else to do, i'll watch it for sure.
funny you said that you had to wait.
right after I saw the ice age-2 in a theater I flew 10,000 km and on my first visit to a friend, his daugther was watching a DVD with ..."Ice Age-2" and she had been watching it for quite few times already (as kids always do).
My point is - in some "lawless" countries popular movies are released on DVD
even before they become available in theaters in Hollywood.
Vadim, btw, i did watch "flight-93" movie, it is a very emotional movie with all
the phone calls exactly because everyone knows what the future will be.
"everything is fixed and you can't change it." (that is from another movie I watched on a DVD, Vadim, have you gotten "Master and Margarita" movie?)
ukrainian_CA
06-06-2006, 19:36
Saw the remake of The Omen, since the original is one of my faves and remakes are usually not good I wasn't even sure I should see it. But I liked it.
Pretty much follows the same story as the first part of the original trilogy. The musical score is also pretty good, helping, as in the original, to add to the suspense and effect of the movie.
7/10...the original trilogy gets a 9/10 though :D
It is a good day to watch it and talk about this, isnt it?
My point is - in some "lawless" countries popular movies are released on DVD even before they become available in theaters in Hollywood.
Vadim, btw, i did watch "flight-93" movie, it is a very emotional movie with all
the phone calls exactly because everyone knows what the future will be.
What I've heard happens in alot of cases is that someone sneaks a video camera into t theatre and films the film as its shown. Then too, you also have "leaks" somewhere along the way between final production and hitting the theatres. I actually have one of the LOTR movies from such a bootleg!
I don't think I'll ever be able to watch Flight 93....
in dowtown amman, you can get any movie you want with good filming and everything waaay before its out on DVD for a very nice 1JD, equivalent to around 1.5 dollars!
rahul.acm
12-06-2006, 16:39
I wonder how many peolple have suggested Crash here. What an amazing movie!
what a crappy movie... everything is stolen from amores perros
Right now (at least here where i live) cinema is almost 90% of crap from the USA, expensive crap, but crap in the end. There are some few exceptions, and the last good movie from the USA i saw was American Beauty. I grew up watching a lot of films, and my favouriter has always been the italian cinema. I think they are the greatest artists in cinema, or were, until Roberto Begnini appeared. Some good mopvies i saw are Mediterraneo, Bocaccio 70, Cinema Paradiso, La strada, just to mention a few.
Movies from the USA havent been alwasy crap, i can mention some good ones like Easy Rider and Lost in the night, those i can remember right now. Also crap movies werent so crappy some time ago, like Terminator 2, or the Batman by Tim Burton. Right know movies like that are just a bunch of special FX and crash, bang, etc.
Right now (at least here where i live) cinema is almost 90% of crap from the USA, expensive crap, but crap in the end. There are some few exceptions, and the last good movie from the USA i saw was American Beauty. I grew up watching a lot of films, and my favouriter has always been the italian cinema. I think they are the greatest artists in cinema, or were, until Roberto Begnini appeared. Some good mopvies i saw are Mediterraneo, Bocaccio 70, Cinema Paradiso, La strada, just to mention a few.
Movies from the USA havent been alwasy crap, i can mention some good ones like Easy Rider and Lost in the night, those i can remember right now. Also crap movies werent so crappy some time ago, like Terminator 2, or the Batman by Tim Burton. Right know movies like that are just a bunch of special FX and crash, bang, etc.
i agree, i get sick of these movies, though theres a good collection of american movies that i have, i too love italian cinema, i love the filming and the story, its different and more catchy... but my favorite has to be the brazilian cinema, great movies like city of god, central do brasil and so on
i never have a brazilian or italian movie but france got good movies like Taxi great one
i watched this thing 2 or 3 times also i have seen a few films of Croatia i can;t remeber the title of them but they wern`t bad !
ACMILAN1983
19-06-2006, 06:17
I watched a Bollywood (Indian) film called Rang De Basanti last night, and it was superb. I'm not usually the type to watch many Bollywood films are most aren't that good imo, but this one was something quite brilliant with good acting and well directed.
We just rented The Ringer with Johnny Knoxville. Johnny's character enters the Special Olympics in order to "fix" the games so he and his uncle can win a huge bet. So of course they have alot of mentally challenged individuals in it, which is fine. My roomie works with these people, the adults, in a sheltered workshop. so what bugged both of us was....in the movie these individuals were portrayed as much too observant and organized. OK, they did have the eccentricities pretty well displayed, but these people would never notice that someone suddenly was talking like a normal person, they'd never be able to organize training sessions and all of that. So...what bothers me is Hollywood's protrayal of these individuals. Makes everyone think they are so lovable and have no problems. You need to talk to Lin and spend some time with her and watch the people she deals with.
Kaka1899
19-06-2006, 07:28
Does Monty Python and the holy grail class as a movie if so its one of the funniest movies of all time imo better than Monty Python and the life of Brian well wort watching if u r a fan of comedy films!
GRBAVICA
The movie about women who got daughter after she was raped during the war in Bosnia. It's about live after the war. She said to her daughter that her father died in war, that Serbs have killed him, but the girl find out the truth....It's great movie
It got Golden Bear award in Berlin this year....
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.