PDA

View Full Version : Alberto Gilardino to Milan??


Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

zlatanov
26-05-2005, 14:29
yeah... what is that idea??

"I have to go and play for that team in order to straighten them out." :devf: :p017:

hitmannq8
27-05-2005, 08:49
Gilardino will not come next season

zlatanov
27-05-2005, 09:26
Gilardino will not come next season
And I am sure you state that with such certainty namely because you have a proven and reliable source for this "info". I just hope this "source" isn't a crystal ball or a deck of tarrot cards. :sagrin:

sehnsucht79
27-05-2005, 10:18
I think Inzaghi missed last game because of other reasons that had nothing to do with being injured. I guess JDT was prferred to him because Carlo thought that the Dane has done enough for us to deserve to play in a CL final, especially given the fact that he missed the one in Manchester.
One problem I find in the above striker roaster is the lack of experience - Boriello, Makinwa, and even Gila simply don't have the big-game experience we need. Let's not forget that Gila has scored most of his goals against the smaller teams in Serie A and still has a lot to prove in games vs Juve, ManU, Real, Barca, Chelsea, etc. He is a diamond in the making, but still needs a good bit of polishing until he is ready to become a jewel in our crown.

Still, to not make it even to the bench?? I am dying out of curiousity why he was kept in the STANDS!!

So true. To buy new talented players are a big risk - they can end up being a "one hit wonder". Gilardino has had two seasons in a row with big scoresheets and I've always liked him since his Verona days; but I still have the doubts you do - the fact that he doesnt score against big teams and if he is able to handle Europe well. But after watching him play for both Parma and Italy I guess he is a risk I am willing to take.

But the way he performed against Juve, you'd wonder whats the big fuss about him :D

zlatanov
27-05-2005, 11:11
The number of substitutes a coach is allowed to ues is restricted so there isn't that much space on the bench either. For a game like the CL final, a GK, defenders and midfielders are a must and there is usually one spot left for a reserve striker. So basically it had to be either Pippo or Tomasson.
I know Pippo was absent for most of the season but still his stamina wasn't that bad and he could easily be on the bench for us that night. I am more inclined to believe tha Carlo chose JDT over Pippo mostly because Tomasson had played and contributed for Milan to reach the final, unlike Pippo, plus JDT had to miss the 2003 CL final due to injury in the Roma-Milan Coppa Italia game and this was, most probably, Tomasson's last season with Milan.

Gio-mania
27-05-2005, 11:20
well when i say makinwa i mean some one similar.........
fast, quick- adept to counter attack.
but borriello has proven himself i believe......
he played well when allowed to; and has been one of reggina's best players 2004/2005
...

Nestafan
29-05-2005, 11:05
I hope you'll have the chance to see the goal that Gila scored against Lecce.
This player must absolutely wear our red and black jersey. :rone:

MilanManiac04
30-05-2005, 09:26
Yeah that goal was absolutely brilliant he is a great talent and ur spot on he surely has to be wearing the red and black jersey next season, if not hopefully im wrong the club that gets him will be very lucky becasue later on in the future he is a player that will be more than a star.Damn that goal was awesome. Cant wait to hopefully seeing him partner with sheva WOW what a partnership.I have 2 words for that LETHAL & DEADLY.

mk18
30-05-2005, 13:21
can some1 post that goal please? ... we signed 2 neccesities only gila left and oddo... but both are on the verge of joining hopefully!

Maradona (10)
30-05-2005, 15:15
Dont forget Parma (Gila) still playing for something more than important. Once their season is over, there will be an announcement (hopefully). Same happened with Jankulovski.

Dr Milano
30-05-2005, 15:46
Dont forget Parma (Gila) still playing for something more than important. Once their season is over, there will be an announcement (hopefully). Same happened with Jankulovski.
jankulovski s come as for gilardinoi remeber galliani is gonna buy a big transfer what if its gilardino :beach:

Hitman
01-06-2005, 05:48
from channel4.com:

Gilardino talks on hold Wednesday 1 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan say they won’t make a move for Alberto Gilardino until after Parma’s survival play-off with Bologna.

The Gialloblu will sell the striker in the summer but they are still trying to secure their Serie A future after finishing level on points with the Dall’Ara outfit.

"Parma have two very important games with Bologna coming up and we will not disturb them until after those games," said Milan chief Adriano Galliani.

The Rossoneri are understood to have already agreed terms with the player but no fee has been ironed out between the two clubs.

There were suggestions that Milan were no longer interested in the Italian after Parma slapped a £35m price tag on him.

But Galliani’s comments today suggest that the former Piacenza and Verona player is a primary objective.

The official also confirmed that boss Carlo Ancelotti would still be sitting on the Milan bench next term.

"I can’t do anything to block all of this Ancelotti talk but he will stay," he said. "I’m ready to put my hand in the fire to prove it."

Milan have also been associated with Lazio full-back Massimo Oddo, as a valid alternative for Marcos Cafu.

"Oddo? Who knows? We’ll have to wait and see," responded Galliani. "There is still plenty of time, three months in fact, for transfers."

mk18
01-06-2005, 06:34
great news! i hope both players come and the coach stays

Roger Nolli
01-06-2005, 12:56
Gilardino is good, very good, the attack with Sheva e Gila will be good.

meazza
01-06-2005, 17:45
This plus Juventus are making enquiries about Cassano, I would be very suprised if they intended to buy both Cassano and Gilardino, they have not that much money. (cassano surely would cost more than 20m seeing as Roma will not accept losing money on a player who has preformed well)

sehnsucht79
01-06-2005, 23:14
No, buying both Cassano and Gilardino is quite unlikely. Lately I somehow have doubts about Gilardino coming to Milan. You have signed Vogel, Janks, (probably?) Oddo, and to add Gilardino in that list seems too good to be true :D

As a Juventus fan now that Mutu's here I'd just stick to what we've got and improve our midfield and cover the defence instead. Which is a highly unpopular idea amongst Juventinos but then again only some of us still appreciate the gift of David Trezeguet.

Maltese Charlie
02-06-2005, 06:35
No, buying both Cassano and Gilardino is quite unlikely. Lately I somehow have doubts about Gilardino coming to Milan. You have signed Vogel, Janks, (probably?) Oddo, and to add Gilardino in that list seems too good to be true :D

As a Juventus fan now that Mutu's here I'd just stick to what we've got and improve our midfield and cover the defence instead. Which is a highly unpopular idea amongst Juventinos but then again only some of us still appreciate the gift of David Trezeguet.

To reduce your doubts about Gilardino read below what La Gazzetta dello sport has reported. :D :cheers:

Gilardino verso il Milan

Alberto Gilardino, 22 anni, 23 gol in campionato. Ansa
:: Per saperne di più

.: La scheda del gialloblù

.: Così la serie A


di Carlo Laudisa



Il Parma ha fatto lo sconto. Baraldi è sceso a 35 milioni di euro, Galliani è salito a 25. L'affare ora si può fare. In alternativa pronta l'opzione Iaquinta

MILANO, 2 giugno 2005 - Il Milan ha fatto un bel passo avanti, ma soprattutto il Parma ha ridimensionato le sue pretese sull’attaccante più conteso del mercato: Alberto Gilardino. Risultato: ora Galliani è disposto a mettere sul piatto 25 milioni di euro per l’attaccante della nazionale, mentre il club gialloblù è disposto ad "accontentarsi" di 35 milioni di euro.
L’importante novità è emersa in un incontro che, a fari spentissimi, i dirigenti delle due società hanno avuto proprio nelle ultime ore. E non è un caso forse che il ravvedimento emiliano sia avvenuto all’indomani dell’esternazione del patron dell’Udinese, Giampaolo Pozzo, che ha fatto il prezzo (20 milioni di euro) del suo centravanti: Vincenzo Iaquinta. Appena il Milan ha messo il naso in un’altra trattativa a Parma si sono resi conto che non era il caso d’insistere con la linea dura. Va ricordato, infatti, che l’amministratore delegato gialloblù Luca Baraldi, ai primi di maggio aveva detto a tutto il mondo che il suo gioiello non poteva costare meno di 50 milioni di euro. E aveva ripetuto il concetto anche nell’intervento di lunedì scorso alla trasmissione radiofonica "La politica nel pallone".
Invece nel faccia a faccia con i dirigenti rossoneri il management gialloblù ha fatto un prezzo molto più abbordabile. E’ vero, infatti, che l’estate scorsa l’acquisto più costoso in tutta Europa fu quello del Chelsea che s’assicurò Drogba per 36 milioni di euro. Dunque ad un anno di distanza la società emiliana cerca di mantenere quella quotazione al top. Ma non sarà facile perché, com’è noto, il Milan può già contare sull’assenso del giocatore, lusingato dalla prospettiva di proseguire la sua già prodigiosa carriera in un club di primissimo piano, capace di puntare al massimo in tutte le competizioni. Certo, l’intoppo del doppio spareggio con il Bologna obbliga i protagonisti di questa vicenda a prendersi una fatale fase di riflessione.
Ma è evidente che il risultato dell’ultimo incontro può rappresentare la svolta di una trattativa che da mesi appassiona il calcio italiano. E non solo. A Gilardino, infatti, si sono interessati per tempo sia il Chelsea che il Real Madrid, ma le loro aspirazioni sono state frustrate dalla volontà del ragazzo di restare nel campionato italiano. E anche questo condizionamento ha limitato di molto il raggio d’azione del Parma, obbligato a limitare il proprio raggio d’azione nel campionato nostrano. Certo, la Juve e Fabio Capello sono suoi estimatori più che noti, ma il club bianconero per ambire a chiudere una simile operazione dovrebbe racimolare ingenti risorse finanziarie che in questo momento non sono alla sua portata.
Per entrare chiaramente in gioco, infatti, Moggi e Giraudo dovrebbero rinunciare ad un loro gioiello di primissimo piano come David Trezeguet. Anche per questo in via Turati c’è sempre maggiore ottimismo. Dato per scontato che la Juve è un pericolo non proprio imminente, è altrettanto chiaro che le peripezie parmigiane non potranno non avere un effetto a breve termine. Perciò quest’avvicinamento va inteso come un’autentica svolta. A spareggi conclusi, in qualsiasi modo finiscano, i dirigenti rossoneri sono convinti che il Parma dovrà fatalmente abbassare ancora le sue pretese. Non dimentichiamo, infatti, che se la precedente differenza era di ben 30 milioni di euro (una richiesta di 50 contro un’offerta di 20), adesso la distanza è di "appena" 10 milioni di euro. Logico attendersi un ulteriore sacrificio sia da una parte che dall’altra.
Ma il mercato, si sa, non lascia spazio a scenari scontati. E le protagoniste di quest’intricata vicenda sono pronte a qualsiasi evenienza. Il Milan, ad esempio, per il fronte d’attacco ha altre patate bollenti da pelare. Una su tutte: quella di Hernan Crespo. La volontà di riscattare il centravanti argentino è chiara, ma non c’è stata ancora la possibilità d’avviare un contatto diretto con la società di Roman Abramovich. E’ vero che le voci di un interesse del Chelsea per Kakha Kaladze sono sempre più ricorrenti, ma è chiaro che l'intenzione rossonera è di chiudere quest’affare senza un particolare esborso economico. E anche in quest’ottica non va mai dimenticata l’opzione-Iaquinta. Un’alternativa di lusso, comunque.

Hitman
02-06-2005, 06:55
Can someone translate please...???

zlatanov
02-06-2005, 07:21
It's nothing that we already don't know - the only interesting thing is that Milan has upped their bid from 20 mil to 25 mil, while Parma has gone down from 50mil to 35 mil and now the difference between the two is "only" 10 mil so a deal could be expected very soon. All the rest is some BS about how Parma want to make Gila the top buy on this summers market - compairing him to Drogba of last year - and how they wanna milk Milan and other clubs asking for "imaginary" figures like 50 mil. On the other hand, Parma's options to sell Gila at a high price are seriously hurt by the player's desire to remain in Italy, thus taking Chelski and Real M out of the race, and since Juve looks more keen on Cassano, Milan is basically the only serious candidate they have right now.
A lot would depend on the outcome from the "spareggio" between Parma and Bologna for a possible drop to serie B for Parma, would make Milan's life easier in the negotiations - Parma will be forced to sell and at a lower price.
It also mentions, Milan's alternatives to Gila - Iaquinta - whose price has been set at 20 mil by Udinese's Pozzo.
What they DON'T mention, however, is that Khaka is virually a Chelski player now, which means that a deal between Milan and Chelski for Crespo has been agreed.

This is pretty much it - in no specific order - but as I said, nothing new under the sun, just filling up the pages, I guess.

Hitman
02-06-2005, 08:59
Okay... Thanks Zlatanov ;)

Henrik
02-06-2005, 09:12
It seems that we will have a more turbulent transfer season then I expected...
Vogel, Jankulowski, possibly Crespo, Gila and Oddo. I am not convinced that so many changes are necessarily for the best...

Ruffian
02-06-2005, 10:09
I generally prefer a more stable squad too, but given the results of the season, I think changes had to be expected. The bench players, except for Ambrosini and maybe Brocchi, haven't delivered this season.

The next season will be even tougher, because of the WC qualifiers and the absence through travel of the South Americans. I think we actually need a slightly bigger squad, and most of all we need players that Ancelotti will feel comfortable fielding. He has to do his part in rotating the players, but the players have to do their part in producing. Milan's "second" team haven't looked all that impressive in any games this season (Coppa, last game of CL group stage, last couple of Serie A games ).

Smoje
02-06-2005, 10:51
Milan can give a player to make the difference, but let see if Parma stays in Serie A, because if Parma goes to B, Gilardino must arrive here for that 25 millions.

Tomasson and Dhorasoo could go to Deportivo de la Coruña, so, if Kaladze goes to Chelsea, Milan can buy Crespo, Gilardino, Oddo, Vogel and Jankulovsky, with a goalkeeper to replace Abbiati and another defender or midfielder, Milan have the squad for 2005/2006.

tbouks02
03-06-2005, 04:40
According to this: http://www.tgcom.it/sport/articoli/articolo260288.shtml Chelsea have offered 43M Euros for Gila :eek:

Smoje
03-06-2005, 05:05
According to this: http://www.tgcom.it/sport/articoli/articolo260288.shtml Chelsea have offered 43M Euros for Gila :eek:

Gilardino only will play in Italy, the 1º objective for Chelsea is Adriano, 83 millions Euros according the sport press.

I hope Gila will be ours, he loves our club and likes to dress our red & black shirt :star:

But let see what happens first with Parma, if plays in A or in B

mrki
03-06-2005, 05:34
It would be preety bad if we loose gila becouse of 7-8 mil.
We will sell tomasson ,brocchi,abiatti, maybe dhorasso...
If we loose him I dont see any other players that would suit so good with sheva in front....
Get GIlardino!!! And this chelsea really goes on my nerves , soon they will be making a bid for some F1 drivers and basketball players...F---in idiots!

zlatanov
03-06-2005, 06:02
Gilardino only will play in Italy, the 1º objective for Chelsea is Adriano, 83 millions Euros according the sport press.

I hope Gila will be ours, he loves our club and likes to dress our red & black shirt :star:

But let see what happens first with Parma, if plays in A or in B
It is not just the 43 mil euro Chelsea are RUMOURED - it is only on www.tgcom.it/sport, for now - to have offered but also the 35 mil that will go to the player in the form of, presumably, a 5 year contract with 7 mil/year. That's virtually twice the amount of money Milan would have offered him, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him change his mind rather quickly.
If this Chelsea offer is indeed true, only Gila's desire to stay in Italy would save our asses. Hope it is stronger than his desire for money.

sehnsucht79
03-06-2005, 06:32
Thats rubbish, chelsea will do no such thing. I would be extremely (read: extremely) surprised if Gilardino went elsewhere. He should remain in Italy I would expect.

Hasan Rossonero
03-06-2005, 06:45
It is not just the 43 mil euro Chelsea are RUMOURED - it is only on www.tgcom.it/sport, for now - to have offered but also the 35 mil that will go to the player in the form of, presumably, a 5 year contract with 7 mil/year. That's virtually twice the amount of money Milan would have offered him, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him change his mind rather quickly.
If this Chelsea offer is indeed true, only Gila's desire to stay in Italy would save our asses. Hope it is stronger than his desire for money.


So in this situation there are two ways to look at this:

1) Can Berlu step in
2) Do we really want a player (if he picks Chelsea) who is money-hungry? I mean Adriano told them to go f$%k themselves. Gilardino, with his Azzurri career in mind, should do the same.
3) Chelsea are a club with a lot of money. Their bids will always rise higher than other club's. Annoying yes, but reality.
4) if the player's intentions were bona fide (i.e. all that rhetoric about wanting to play for Milan) then he will come through. If not he is a hypocrite, and we will sign the more modest (maybe eqaully useful) iaquinta.

Hasan Rossonero
03-06-2005, 06:46
So in this situation there are two ways to look at this:

1) Can Berlu step in
2) Do we really want a player (if he picks Chelsea) who is money-hungry? I mean Adriano told them to go f$%k themselves. Gilardino, with his Azzurri career in mind, should do the same.
3) Chelsea are a club with a lot of money. Their bids will always rise higher than other club's. Annoying yes, but reality.
4) if the player's intentions were bona fide (i.e. all that rhetoric about wanting to play for Milan) then he will come through. If not he is a hypocrite, and we will sign the more modest (maybe eqaully useful) iaquinta.

ok maybe 4 ways :u56:

rae
03-06-2005, 06:47
Chelsea turn to Gilardino Friday 3 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea are in pole position to sign Alberto Gilardino after Parma reportedly accepted a £30m offer for the player.

It was believed that Milan were favourites to sign the striker, closely followed by new champions Juventus.

However, speculation suggests that the Premiership outfit are now leading the race, after they turned their attention to Gilardino following Inter’s refusal to sell Adriano.

Milan were hopeful of concluding a deal for the 23-year-old once Parma’s survival play-off games against Bologna were over.

They are believed to have already agreed terms with the player, while they were hopeful of reaching a deal with the Gialloblu over a transfer fee.

However, the Rossoneri are seemingly only prepared to offer around £20m – substantially lower than Chelsea’s alleged bid.

Gilardino himself has stated on many occasions that he would prefer to remain in Italy, but the London club are ready to offer him £5m-a-season for the next five years.

More should be known next week once Parma chief Luca Baraldi returns from his mini-holiday on Sunday evening.

Chelsea have admitted they want a new centre-forward and Gilardino’s record of scoring 23 League goals in each of the last two campaigns hasn’t gone unnoticed.

Issue: Football Italia (http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun3d.html)loox quite fvckin... it would be hard to sign him now without spending too much money...:(

hitmannq8
03-06-2005, 07:36
Ive always been saying, Gila doesnt want Milan for some reason.. he wants Juve first.. if we get him, he wont play from his heart..

now ronaldo would be a good buy.. cassano would be good but we are no where near him.. i have always dreamt of robinho.. iaquinta? i'd prefer tomasson.. í'd ever prefer borriello or pozzi to iaquinta! i hope Milan plan to get rid of JDT and Pippo, JDT wasn't of much use this year, and Pippo wasnt of any use at all due to his injuries..


Galliani has said today that our campaign is almost over, with just a little more changes.. i know that we will sign crespo, and part ways with kaladze.. i think we will part ways with abbiati really, so do u all think the 'little changes' galliani was talking about could be a new keeper? Dang i wish we could get Curci..

Hasan Rossonero
03-06-2005, 07:37
from acmilan.com

With Milan's transfer campaign being almost concluded, Adriano Galliani then spoke about the important dinner he will have with president Silvio Berlusconi, along with close friend Fedele Confalonierii: ’What Confalonieri and me jokingly name as the 'plot of lambs' will take place on Monday evening. It will be a dinner with president Silvio Berlusconi, a sort of assault to convince him to invest new sums of money. Ronaldo and Ronaldinho? Definitely not. The first is an impracticable path, the second is a top player but would close down space to our Kaka, a talent we want to go on trusting in. And we also want to go on with our coach as well, I can assure that our president has never hinted to part company with Carlo Ancelotti. On the contrary, we'll gather soon to point the line for the new season, in the last few hours Silvio Berlusconi has talked a lot with Ancelotti. The innovations? Our back line will basically remain four-man, but in training a three-man defence will be always tried, so that it could become a valid alternative, considering the qualities of our players.'

If Berlu steps in we can bid the o :5drunk: dious Russian farewell

rae
03-06-2005, 07:42
now ronaldo would be a good buy.. super sence of humour :haha: Dang i wish we could get Curci.. :star: :cheers: :5ok:

savicevic
03-06-2005, 07:58
galliani's comments today indicate we have more than an interest in gila. it may seem it's all been concluded.

GALLIANI: 'Do you think that Peter Kenyon will travel to Parma to deal a top player? So I'll trip him, I'll commit a penalty foul to block any move.'

GALLIANI: 'After the signings of [Johann] Vogel and [Marek] Jankulovski, we will have a meeting with Chelsea chief executivs Peter Kenyon at the club headquarters. We will talk about Hernan Crespo, a player we really want to confirm. Our objective is that to confirm the team of Istanbul for next season, a group that showed to be the strongest in Europe. I’m confident about Crespo’s confirmation because we have always had a good relationship with Chelsea and this will rule out any possible conflincts about transfers. We esteeem the English side for their approach to any possible negotiations, Kenyon will also start talks with [Kakha] Kaladze, but not before asking our permission. The same did Abramovich with Sheva a year ago, we suggested him in a friedly manner to give it up and he made no offers. However, our campaign is almost over, we will make just little changes.’

I think gila's move is done and buried. just awaiting confirmation following parma's relegation decider.

Maltese Charlie
03-06-2005, 08:15
galliani's comments today indicate we have more than an interest in gila. it may seem it's all been concluded.

I think gila's move is done and buried. just awaiting confirmation following parma's relegation decider.

Agree 200% with you.

rae
03-06-2005, 08:32
However I still have a hope... AC Milan chief Galliani: We'll wait for Parma's Gilardino
tribalfootball.com - June 3, 2005

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has hinted they will open serious negotiations with Parma for striker Alberto Gilardino over the summer.
"Parma must play two important contests against Bologna for their permanence in Serie A and we will not disturb them until the end of the return leg," said Galliani.

"We anticipate negotiations to begin once their commitments are over."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/june/italnews1030605.html

Henrik
03-06-2005, 08:38
Gila would be a great signing, both because he is a proven striker and because he is italian. I do think it helps Milan to have a back-bone of Italian players in the team.

I doubt that Gila would dare to leave Italy one year before the WC, after what happended to the players moving to Valencia (and Maccarone). If he does not come to Milan, I would rather he goes to Chelsea than to Juve or Inter.

GrymMannen
03-06-2005, 09:03
Gilardino can refuse Chelsea. I'm sure he wants Milan and therefore, Parma will have to sell him to us.

K77SH C
03-06-2005, 09:56
From Galliani's comments two things stand out. He wants to spend big, that could just mean bidding high for Gilardino or another big signing?? The other thing is that Berlusconi is open to Carlo changing the backline to a 3 amn defence if circumstances are right. :3band:

One question, what makes everyone so sure that Gilardino will be a great signing. I dont mean the fact that hes scored consistantly becasue our other strikers also did. What I mean is any top striker we sign should strike up a good partnership with Sheva. To me Gilardino seems the same mould of player as all of our other strikers who have been unable to combine with Sheva the way we expect.

Warro Bantan
03-06-2005, 10:10
I doubt Gila will go to Chelsea..he wants a WC place badly, and so will stay in Italy to ensure he gets a place...now I do hope Crespo goes back to Stamford Bridge...as this should make Chelsea relax in the transfer market, and stop trying to land our Italian wonderboy...

Christopher
03-06-2005, 12:00
I doubt Gila will go to Chelsea..he wants a WC place badly, and so will stay in Italy to ensure he gets a place...now I do hope Crespo goes back to Stamford Bridge...as this should make Chelsea relax in the transfer market, and stop trying to land our Italian wonderboy...

screw that lets be greedy and take both of them, and let Inter keep worrying if they are gonna try and plunk more money and more down to get Adriano (which is unlikely also).

Forza Milan

ACMILAN1983
03-06-2005, 13:22
From Galliani's comments two things stand out. He wants to spend big, that could just mean bidding high for Gilardino or another big signing?? The other thing is that Berlusconi is open to Carlo changing the backline to a 3 amn defence if circumstances are right. :3band:

One question, what makes everyone so sure that Gilardino will be a great signing. I dont mean the fact that hes scored consistantly becasue our other strikers also did. What I mean is any top striker we sign should strike up a good partnership with Sheva. To me Gilardino seems the same mould of player as all of our other strikers who have been unable to combine with Sheva the way we expect.

Gila does have a more complete game than both Pippo and Crespo. Granted he's not exactly dropping deep all the time and supporting the side, like Henry for example, but does hold the ball up superbly and does try to play off the team. Another interesting feature is where he's coming from. Parma cannot and do not give him the support he craves, which means he must a little something extra in his game if he scores week in, week out.

Tomasson is the only forward we have to compliment Sheva atm rather than just play next to him, but Gila should be able to provide more support to Sheva than him as he has more quality. Also, like Crespo and Pippo have done in the past, he may be able to make space for Sheva in his movement, which is even greater than both Pippo and Crespo as he doesn't play off the backline alone, but actually moves deeper too.

I'm not trying to say that he will be a great partner for Sheva, as there is always the risk of having new signings, but I can see him fitting well.

As for the deal, I do see us buying him now after Galliani's "tripping" comment, which to me translates as "Gila is ours Chelsea, so stay away!" ;)

Gipson
03-06-2005, 13:40
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=282368&CPID=21&CLID=&lid=2&title=Gilardino+waits+on+Blues&channel=Football_Home
He will be a Milan player :5ok:

Jim_UK
03-06-2005, 14:24
I still don't believe Gilardino is the "big" signing we will make. Meteoric as his rise has been, he's not a star name just yet. If we do miss out on him, i hope we get someone of equal stature instead ... after being so close to him and then missing out, we would need someone as good to strengthen our spirits !

Let us hope Gilardino sees sense and does what's best for him ... i.e. staying in Italy and joining us :D

K77SH C
03-06-2005, 19:08
Good post ACMILAN1983, Not seen much of him so i was hoping some one who has would post something like that. your point about him having to do extra to get the goals reminds me of Sheva. When Milan were in the dark ages a few years ago he learnt how to make chances him self and really became a great striker through it. I also like that you say he is good a holding the ball up too because I honestly believe I could hold the ball up better than Crespo and Pippo. about the making space for Sheca bit, il believe it when I see it :haha:

Christopher
04-06-2005, 00:34
to be honest I have not seen Gilardino much what I have seen briefly is that he does command attention up front, he can finish, and he looks to be a bit stronger on the ball then Crespo and Pippo. Those skills would compliment Sheva greatly as it would allow him to finish more often something I saw this years Milan side lacked was the ability to let Sheva finish. That being said both Pippo and Crespo are very valuable to this team both have speed, Pippo can just wreek havoc for a sloppy defense as he will be all over them like a maniac, and Crespo's ability to head the ball and score back breaking goals is invaulable . . . I wonder what they will do to utilize the talents of these wonderful forwards? That would be quite the quartet if they do land Gila.

albertini_forever
04-06-2005, 04:54
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun4d.html

he wants to milan ...

ACMILAN1983
04-06-2005, 06:50
Thanks K77

Gila looks to be Milan bound for sure, though I'm not at all surprised.

Jim, I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't our "big" signing, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if he is. I'm hoping that we can get a player for Seedorf's role still.

Henrik
04-06-2005, 07:12
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun4d.html

he wants to milan ...
Good news indeed :)

rae
04-06-2005, 07:19
Yesterday I lost my hope to sign him after Galliani's report but today I regained it :D

Henrik
04-06-2005, 07:22
Yesterday I lost my hope to sign him after Galliani's report but today I regained it :D
That's silly season for you :stress:

hitmannq8
04-06-2005, 07:35
to clarify things for all.. no one has officially announced that we will be planning a 'big' buy.. it was a rumour that milan were planning to get one, just like rumours of that we already signed a deal with gilardino..

i wasnt very hopeful of gilardino coming, but after his agents comments today, i am more hopeful..

unfortunately, our transfer campaign again isnt a big one.. in each of the last 2 years, we only signed 3 players.. we already have two.. Galliani said our campaign is almost over, with just a little changes, and in my opinion, he means one more change.. which could be Gilardino..but i dont think anyone will consider buying Gilardino as a little change.. i think Gilardino/Oddo both have an equal chance of coming, but what about us getting another keeper instead of Abbiati?

rae
04-06-2005, 07:40
Last year we have signed Stam, Dhorasso and Esajas, this - Vogel and Jankulovski. I guess that it is not too much. :D I want Gila :mex:

seven!
04-06-2005, 09:58
Milan Ahead Of Chelsea For Gilardino
6/4/2005 12:21:00 PM
The agent of Parma striker Alberto Gilardino has insisted that his client would rather join Milan than Chelsea.
This development comes as the Blues were linked with a mega-money move for the Italian international, after discovering that Inter star Adriano has no interest in moving to Stamford Bridge.

"Chelsea have not lodged any official bid for Gilardino," said the agent "In fact, we don’t even know of any negotiations. What I can say is that the player would prefer a move to Milan.

"Gilardino would like to stay in Italy and his first choice is Milan, but we shouldn’t rule Chelsea out entirely. I would consider Real Madrid an unlikely solution, though. We hope everything can be sorted out as soon as possible without waiting until the end of August."

mk18
04-06-2005, 13:34
Last year we have signed Stam, Dhorasso and Esajas, this - Vogel and Jankulovski. I guess that it is not too much. :D I want Gila :mex:
esjasas doesnt count :D. crespo came instead

with him and oddo and crespo permenantly id be thrilled, better be done earlier

Maradona (10)
04-06-2005, 13:45
Thanks K77

Gila looks to be Milan bound for sure, though I'm not at all surprised.

Jim, I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't our "big" signing, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if he is. I'm hoping that we can get a player for Seedorf's role still.

Some months ago when I suggested we should be looking at Seedorf's replacement, everyone **** me. I think I wasnt wrong. Now we read quite often how Seedorf has fallen, that we need to replace him, and so on.

And you are right, I feel Milan will have Gilardino as their "Big signing". Not that we need to bring 10 new faces...

Jim_UK
04-06-2005, 14:04
In the newspaper i get, there was a smallish article about Chelsea. Inside this it mentioned how Chelsea will ask us NOT continue our interest in Gilardino as part of the permenant transfer of Crespo !!!!!!!

After i stopped laughing, i wondered how serious Milan are about Crespo. As good as he is, he isn't the most important purchase this summer. Gilardino is. I'm pretty sure Milan will see it this way also, but you can never tell what Galliani or Berlusconi are thinking. I'm not greatly bothered either way if we get Crespo, i could live without him quite easily. The money for him could be used on another striker or on another area completely. I will feel much happier knowing Milan will do ALL they can to get Gilardino, what happens afterwards will be a bonus.

When is the relegation play-off ? Hopefully it's not too far away, then all this business can be put to bed.

Maradona (10)
04-06-2005, 14:23
But what can Milan do if Gilardino wants to stay in Italy? Nothing. If Gila doesnt play next season for Milan, it would be either Inter or Juve. Not Chelsea. Thats the way I see it.

And picking between Crespo and Gilardino is a no brainer. So Chelsea may very well get Hernan back, we get Gila, and we all move on.

But given our relationship with Chelsea, I wouldnt be surprised to see Hernan and Gila here next season. Moreover, I think thats the most likely scenario as of right now.

ACMILAN1983
04-06-2005, 14:42
Some months ago when I suggested we should be looking at Seedorf's replacement, everyone **** me. I think I wasnt wrong. Now we read quite often how Seedorf has fallen, that we need to replace him, and so on.

Not that I want us to replace Seedorf, but we need someone to take his place when he's going through his "bad" patches, which really bug me now

K77SH C
04-06-2005, 14:53
We dont need anyone to replace him, we need someone to compete with him. If our new signing doesnt play much because Seedorf stays on top of his game I wont be dissappointed.

Dave
04-06-2005, 15:06
Some months ago when I suggested we should be looking at Seedorf's replacement, everyone **** me. I think I wasnt wrong. Now we read quite often how Seedorf has fallen, that we need to replace him, and so on.

And you are right, I feel Milan will have Gilardino as their "Big signing". Not that we need to bring 10 new faces...
This time I agree with you, but I don`t think that we need to replace Seedorf! Seedorf is a great player! :djn:

zlatanov
04-06-2005, 15:46
We dont need anyone to replace him, we need someone to compete with him. If our new signing doesnt play much because Seedorf stays on top of his game I wont be dissappointed.
fully agree with you. Seedorf is a great player and when on his game I honestly don't see anyone who could possibly steal his place in the first eleven, especially when we play the 4-3-1-2.
Chances are, whoever we bring in to compete with him will spend a lot of time on the bench except for when Seedorf badly needs a rest or is just in bad shape overall.

Maradona (10)
04-06-2005, 18:31
Seedorf for quite a long time now, hasnt been a great player. Can a great player have such a long slump? I dont think so. I think he is a very good player, far from being GREAT.
Obviously he is a keeper, but not untouchable as Sheva could be for any team in the world.

But the way this offseason is going, I dont see Milan buying a replacement for Seedorf. And when I say replacement, Im talking someone that can relegate CS to the bench "full time".

zlatanov
04-06-2005, 19:06
The problem many MM members have with Seedorf is not because he had a bad season but because he went into a slump of form in the final phase if the season and these are the most important and MEMORABLE games for the team. CS had a very good season until the last 15 games or so when he started to show fatigue and this was enough for many people here to declair him close to a total failure namely because it is these last 15 games or so that remain for much longer in our memory.
This being said, CS is not exactly the most steady performer throughout a whole season but when he is in shape there is virtually no replacement for him in this team. He is the type of player that gives "ballance" to this "diamond" formation for he combines physical strength with supreme skill on the ball like no one else but Nedved.
And I challange anyone to name a player, except for the Czech, who possesses Seedorf's qualities - think about it and you will see that there are at most 2, and 3 if you really push it, players like that in all of European, and even South American, football who are very tough to beat when defending, while being wizzards with the ball in their feet. This is exactly what makes him close to irreplacebale for a ballanced 4-3-1-2 Milan side.

mk18
04-06-2005, 19:16
so true... but i think if seedorf fails to show his game then jankulovski will start instead and he can do it

the way i see it, people get annoyed by seedorfs slow play and the way he slows down counter attacks or when he choses the wrong decision when theres always the easy one instead, seedorf is very heavy, hes probably the most muscled player in todays football and hes not tall either, therefore its no surprise hes slow, i think he needs his own training program so that he can find his form.

Mehdi
04-06-2005, 20:32
In the newspaper i get, there was a smallish article about Chelsea. Inside this it mentioned how Chelsea will ask us NOT continue our interest in Gilardino as part of the permenant transfer of Crespo !!!!!!!

After i stopped laughing, i wondered how serious Milan are about Crespo. As good as he is, he isn't the most important purchase this summer. Gilardino is. I'm pretty sure Milan will see it this way also, but you can never tell what Galliani or Berlusconi are thinking. I'm not greatly bothered either way if we get Crespo, i could live without him quite easily. The money for him could be used on another striker or on another area completely. I will feel much happier knowing Milan will do ALL they can to get Gilardino, what happens afterwards will be a bonus.

When is the relegation play-off ? Hopefully it's not too far away, then all this business can be put to bed.

I don't think Chelsea won't step on our toes because we are their biggest supporters in their attempts to become members of the G14.

Maradona (10)
04-06-2005, 22:47
And I challange anyone to name a player, except for the Czech, who possesses Seedorf's qualities - think about it and you will see that there are at most 2, and 3 if you really push it, players like that in all of European, and even South American, football who are very tough to beat when defending, while being wizzards with the ball in their feet. This is exactly what makes him close to irreplacebale for a ballanced 4-3-1-2 Milan side.

So outside Milan's system he is yet another player?

zlatanov
04-06-2005, 23:26
So outside Milan's system he is yet another player?
Not sure exactly where you got that but ...
He is who he is in or out of our diamond formation - it is just that what he gives to this 4-3-1-2 is to ballance out the creative but not very defensively skilled "presence" of Pirlo and Kaka, and Gattuso's lack os attacking skills. Seedorf is the only midfielder we have who combines defensive skilles with great technique on the ball, and this is what makes him so "special" for our otherwise quite imballanced midfield, which without him is more of a weired mixture of two ball wizzards with no idea how to defend and a feroucious fighter who has no idea how to attack.

Hasan Rossonero
05-06-2005, 01:31
so true... but i think if seedorf fails to show his game then jankulovski will start instead and he can do it

the way i see it, people get annoyed by seedorfs slow play and the way he slows down counter attacks or when he choses the wrong decision when theres always the easy one instead, seedorf is very heavy, hes probably the most muscled player in todays football and hes not tall either, therefore its no surprise hes slow, i think he needs his own training program so that he can find his form.

This statement is unfounded. Seedorf is one of the fastest players on Milan. IN sprint routines he is right up there with kaka and Sheva. That is a proven fact.

Koeke
05-06-2005, 04:14
This statement is unfounded. Seedorf is one of the fastest players on Milan. IN sprint routines he is right up there with kaka and Sheva. That is a proven fact.

he's not fat he looks fatter than others coz of his muscles (unlike ronnie)
and if you sprint you are better of having lot's of muscles.
couldn't this explain his great sprintresults?

if you place paula radcliff next to marion jones who looks fater?
jones!
who has a better sprint?
jones
but if they have to run 90 minutes contest I'd bed my money on radcliff.
I could be wrong but that also could be the reason why seedorf get's substituted often...

I don't think we need a replacement since Jankulovski can play there aswell or can't he?

rae
05-06-2005, 04:56
esjasas doesnt count :D. crespo came instead

with him and oddo and crespo permenantly id be thrilled, better be done earlierwe havent signed Crespo last year, btw ;)

zlatanov
05-06-2005, 08:39
he's not fat he looks fatter than others coz of his muscles (unlike ronnie)
and if you sprint you are better of having lot's of muscles.
couldn't this explain his great sprintresults?

if you place paula radcliff next to marion jones who looks fater?
jones!
who has a better sprint?
jones
but if they have to run 90 minutes contest I'd bed my money on radcliff.
I could be wrong but that also could be the reason why seedorf get's substituted often...

I don't think we need a replacement since Jankulovski can play there aswell or can't he?

No, you are not wrong. Everyone who has practiced sports at least a little knows that more muscle gives you better sprint but also muscule tissue wighs much more than any other type of tissue so, in the long run, you are much more likely to get exhausted. All one needs to do to see this is have a look at sprinters and long-distance runners - they look VERY diffrent.

meazza
05-06-2005, 08:43
This statement is unfounded. Seedorf is one of the fastest players on Milan. IN sprint routines he is right up there with kaka and Sheva. That is a proven fact.
then that's even worse because that means on the field he's plain lazy.

Mehdi
05-06-2005, 09:54
I always said when Seedorf was at Inter he had 5 great games a season and was terrible in the others. At Milan he has 5 great games, 10 good games and the rest of the time he is completely rubbish. Everyone should know his limitations by now.

zlatanov
05-06-2005, 10:08
I think it is pushing it to say that Seedorf is up there with Kaka, Sheva at sprinting but he is definitely not among the slower players at Milan. I would say he is has decent to pretty good sprinting, enough not to make it a problem out there for him. He might appear a bit slow for he is often looking for that killer pass and takes a bit too much time to take it, also he does enjoy having the ball at his feet, very much like Rui Costa.

Jim_UK
05-06-2005, 12:22
I must be watching a different Seedorf to some people in here, everytime i have seen him he always seems to jog quite fast and never breaks into a sprint. This for me is his most annoying factor, he always glides places rather than breaking a sweat. I know that's a slight exageration :D ... but i mean come on, when the pressure is on and you need fight from midfielders he doesn't seem to commit ... Pirlo is the same to an extent. Why can't they show as much effort to run all over the place as Gattuso ? Apart from Gerrard, i don't think there are many people spring to mind that puts as much energy into running as Genaro does ..... so i'm not saying Pirlo and Seedorf would be successful in trying this ... but they do have to try sometimes, not just go through the motions.

Anyway, rant over. Speaking of speed, how fast is Gilardino ? I've asked this before but no one answered.

Having large muscles doesn't mean you'll be a better sprinter, far from it. Look at Kim Collins and Maurice Greene, you could hardly get a bigger mismatch in muscle size. One is like a high jumper and the other looks like he had a bowl of steroids for breakfast, yet they still run similar times. It's about technique, not muscle size.

Maradona (10)
05-06-2005, 13:12
I always said when Seedorf was at Inter he had 5 great games a season and was terrible in the others. At Milan he has 5 great games, 10 good games and the rest of the time he is completely rubbish. Everyone should know his limitations by now.

We have a winner. :cool:

Maradona (10)
05-06-2005, 13:14
Anyway, rant over. Speaking of speed, how fast is Gilardino ? I've asked this before but no one answered.



I dont think you can say exactly how fast he is. He isnt slow, not at all, but he is average. Not fast, not Sheva fast, more on the mold of Crespo.

mk18
05-06-2005, 15:28
I must be watching a different Seedorf to some people in here, everytime i have seen him he always seems to jog quite fast and never breaks into a sprint. This for me is his most annoying factor, he always glides places rather than breaking a sweat. I know that's a slight exageration :D ... but i mean come on, when the pressure is on and you need fight from midfielders he doesn't seem to commit ... Pirlo is the same to an extent. Why can't they show as much effort to run all over the place as Gattuso ? Apart from Gerrard, i don't think there are many people spring to mind that puts as much energy into running as Genaro does ..... so i'm not saying Pirlo and Seedorf would be successful in trying this ... but they do have to try sometimes, not just go through the motions.

Anyway, rant over. Speaking of speed, how fast is Gilardino ? I've asked this before but no one answered.

Having large muscles doesn't mean you'll be a better sprinter, far from it. Look at Kim Collins and Maurice Greene, you could hardly get a bigger mismatch in muscle size. One is like a high jumper and the other looks like he had a bowl of steroids for breakfast, yet they still run similar times. It's about technique, not muscle size.


even gattuso recently seems to give up on some runs, i still think gattusos form has dropped from that of last year... he doesnt seem to have that motivation anymore


and i think gila is faster than crespo, he should be as fast as ehm... raul maybe ... maybe JDT even

Hitman
06-06-2005, 02:59
from acmilan.com:

In closing, Galliani returned to Milan's transfers and jokingly said: 'Do you think that Peter Kenyon will travel to Parma to deal a top player? So I'll trip him up, I'll commit a penalty foul to block any move.'

*********************
That comment seems that we will at least try to buy Gilardino... But if we also get Crespo I cannot see where he fits in... Sheva/Gilardino/Crespo/Inzaghi/JDT... OKay, maybe JDT will be sold..??

savicevic
06-06-2005, 04:30
one of the best sources to know a player's next club is their close relatives. In this interview, Gilardino's father makes it crystal clear that Gila wants Milan.

Gilardino dice Milan (C.d.Sport)
06/06/2005 10.00.00

Due mesi fa il club ha fatto l’offerta ufficiale, un mese fa l’incontro con Galliani.


Parla Gianfranco, il papà del centravanti più conteso, che però ormai sembra aver scelto il suo destino: “A lui piace il Milan, anche se non lo ha mai detto ufficialmente. Manca solo l’accordo con il Parma, che chiede giustamente un prezzo in rapporto alla valutazione di Adriano – poi aggiunge – Il Milan si è mosso per primo. E’ un club efficiente e paternalista. Poi è arrivato il Chelsea, il Real Madrid si è defilato”.

Sulle altre pretendi ha detto: “L’Inter? Una storia di appena tre giorni fa ma nessuno ha parlato con me o con gli agenti di Alberto. L’ho scoperto solo leggendo i giornali. La Juve non si è mai fatta sentire ufficialmente. Da quasi ex tifoso ci sono rimasto un po’ male ma non è una polemica, solo una contastazione”.

Infine da un consiglio al figlio: “Di non lasciare l’Italia. Mi piacerebbe che tra sei anni se ne andasse in Inghilterra, non ora. Non lasciatevelo scappare”.

arpanmilan
06-06-2005, 06:29
one of the best sources to know a player's next club is their close relatives. In this interview, Gilardino's father makes it crystal clear that Gila wants Milan.

Gilardino dice Milan (C.d.Sport)
06/06/2005 10.00.00

Due mesi fa il club ha fatto l’offerta ufficiale, un mese fa l’incontro con Galliani.


Parla Gianfranco, il papà del centravanti più conteso, che però ormai sembra aver scelto il suo destino: “A lui piace il Milan, anche se non lo ha mai detto ufficialmente. Manca solo l’accordo con il Parma, che chiede giustamente un prezzo in rapporto alla valutazione di Adriano – poi aggiunge – Il Milan si è mosso per primo. E’ un club efficiente e paternalista. Poi è arrivato il Chelsea, il Real Madrid si è defilato”.

Sulle altre pretendi ha detto: “L’Inter? Una storia di appena tre giorni fa ma nessuno ha parlato con me o con gli agenti di Alberto. L’ho scoperto solo leggendo i giornali. La Juve non si è mai fatta sentire ufficialmente. Da quasi ex tifoso ci sono rimasto un po’ male ma non è una polemica, solo una contastazione”.

Infine da un consiglio al figlio: “Di non lasciare l’Italia. Mi piacerebbe che tra sei anni se ne andasse in Inghilterra, non ora. Non lasciatevelo scappare”.


could someone please translate it to english?

hwmook
06-06-2005, 07:18
I must be watching a different Seedorf to some people in here, everytime i have seen him he always seems to jog quite fast and never breaks into a sprint. This for me is his most annoying factor, he always glides places rather than breaking a sweat. I know that's a slight exageration :D ... but i mean come on, when the pressure is on and you need fight from midfielders he doesn't seem to commit ... Pirlo is the same to an extent. Why can't they show as much effort to run all over the place as Gattuso ? Apart from Gerrard, i don't think there are many people spring to mind that puts as much energy into running as Genaro does ..... so i'm not saying Pirlo and Seedorf would be successful in trying this ... but they do have to try sometimes, not just go through the motions.

Anyway, rant over. Speaking of speed, how fast is Gilardino ? I've asked this before but no one answered.


you are right. seedorf and pirlo always seeem to be moving at half their maximum speed. but in a way they conserve their energy and can contribute more in the closing stages of a game like how pirlo take on a few liverpool players during the last few mintues of the CL final and outskill and outrun them. seedorf, pirlo and gatusso cover the greatest distance during a game so its not suprising to see them trying to conserve their energy.

and about gilardino, he is not a very fast player. i would say an average to above average pace. i like the fact that he is a pretty strong player who stay on his feets.

K77SH C
06-06-2005, 07:21
Pirlo has improved, hes started dribbling at people more these days and does try to track back even though he isnt the quickest around. Seedorf though seems to be on cruise control at times where we should be on the break. There isnt a player in the world who doesnt have weaknesses though.

Hitman
06-06-2005, 07:50
Parma sensation Alberto Gilardino has decided to move to Milan, according to his father.

The 22-year-old hotshot finished second in the Serie A top scorers list this season despite Parma struggling at the wrong end of the table, and has attracted the interest of Europe's biggest sides.

Premiership champions Chelsea have been strongly linked with a move for the precocious striker, with Jose Mourinho admitting he is in the market for a striker, although The Rossoneri have always remained favourites to land the player.

Gilardino's agent recently informed skysports.com that Milan were at the head of the queue for his prized signature despite a rumoured €43 million bid from The Blues, and his father has now echoed his perspective on events.

Whilst proving reluctant to make any official declaration on his son's position, Gianfranco Gilardino insisted that Carlo Ancelotti's side must only find an agreement with Parma if they are to land their man.

"Alberto already decided, he likes Milan although he has never said it officially," Gilardino's father told Corriere dello Sport.

"Only the agreement of Parma is missing, they rightly ask a sum compared to Adriano's valuation.

"Will his next side be Milan? No comment.

"The announcement will be made soon, but it will be made by Alberto."

Parma are currently involved in preparations for their relegation play-off against Bologna, and Gilardino snr is hopeful that his son's future will be resolved before the all-important second leg.

With a host of clubs all across the continent chasing his signature Gilardino has become one of Europe's hottest properties, and his father revealed that he has urged his offspring to remain in Italy.

"I think and hope [it will be resolved] before June 18th when Alberto comes onto the pitch for Parma for the second leg play-off to avoid relegation against Bologna," Gilardino snr continued.

"I can't say a lot, but Milan came in first, then Chelsea, Real Madrid distanced themselves, Juve never made an official offer.

"Inter? It came up three days ago and no-one spoke with me or his agents, I've read it in the papers.

"The only thing I told my son is to stay in Italy, should they allow him to leave it will be a big mistake.

"I'd like him to go to England but after five or six years to learn a language, now it is better he stays in Italy."

Roger Nolli
06-06-2005, 12:49
Parma sensation Alberto Gilardino has decided to move to Milan, according to his father.

The 22-year-old hotshot finished second in the Serie A top scorers list this season despite Parma struggling at the wrong end of the table, and has attracted the interest of Europe's biggest sides.

Premiership champions Chelsea have been strongly linked with a move for the precocious striker, with Jose Mourinho admitting he is in the market for a striker, although The Rossoneri have always remained favourites to land the player.

Gilardino's agent recently informed skysports.com that Milan were at the head of the queue for his prized signature despite a rumoured €43 million bid from The Blues, and his father has now echoed his perspective on events.

Whilst proving reluctant to make any official declaration on his son's position, Gianfranco Gilardino insisted that Carlo Ancelotti's side must only find an agreement with Parma if they are to land their man.

"Alberto already decided, he likes Milan although he has never said it officially," Gilardino's father told Corriere dello Sport.

"Only the agreement of Parma is missing, they rightly ask a sum compared to Adriano's valuation.

"Will his next side be Milan? No comment.

"The announcement will be made soon, but it will be made by Alberto."

Parma are currently involved in preparations for their relegation play-off against Bologna, and Gilardino snr is hopeful that his son's future will be resolved before the all-important second leg.

With a host of clubs all across the continent chasing his signature Gilardino has become one of Europe's hottest properties, and his father revealed that he has urged his offspring to remain in Italy.

"I think and hope [it will be resolved] before June 18th when Alberto comes onto the pitch for Parma for the second leg play-off to avoid relegation against Bologna," Gilardino snr continued.

"I can't say a lot, but Milan came in first, then Chelsea, Real Madrid distanced themselves, Juve never made an official offer.

"Inter? It came up three days ago and no-one spoke with me or his agents, I've read it in the papers.

"The only thing I told my son is to stay in Italy, should they allow him to leave it will be a big mistake.

"I'd like him to go to England but after five or six years to learn a language, now it is better he stays in Italy."

Great news, no?

shevagol_7
06-06-2005, 13:28
Definitly good news. But the only other team I could see snatching Gila is Juve.

Reza
06-06-2005, 13:29
Please use the existing thread on Gilardino, thanx
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16801

shoryuken
06-06-2005, 14:31
This all sounds very promising; it's great he has the will and desire to play for Milan :dcool:

But until I see the annoucement on acmilan.com, I won't accept it's a done deal :)

Henrik
06-06-2005, 18:32
I merged a couple of Gila thread for everybodies convenience. Hope noone minds :)

Maradona (10)
06-06-2005, 22:36
Does his father want Gila Jr to play for Chelsea because:
a) He wants more money
b) He hates Milan since he is Juventino

:nerd:

mk18
07-06-2005, 11:04
if he said he wants to join us i dont think he hates us... maybe as a child he liked juve more... hate is not the right word to use :)


hes coming here inshallah and hopfully well see a deal being struck between the 2 clubs

MilanManiac04
07-06-2005, 11:15
Yeah inshallah he does join milan,imagine sheva n gila together,opposing defenders WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mehdi
07-06-2005, 11:48
It doesn't matter who he supported as a child, Galliani used to be a Juve supporter.

zlatanov
07-06-2005, 11:53
Does his father want Gila Jr to play for Chelsea because:
a) He wants more money
b) He hates Milan since he is Juventino

:nerd:
not surely what you mean but I don't think Gila's father has ever hinted at him being willing to see his son at Juve. Yes, the whole family seems to support Juve but Gila's father said that they have never come forward with an official offer while Milan did that and that's why they are favourites to sign him.

Rando
08-06-2005, 06:29
i believe that gilardino prefers milan, but will milan match parma's demand? another alternative to gilardino is vucinic! he is alot cheaper. tomasson really has to leave.. honestly!

shevagol_7
08-06-2005, 11:11
Chelsea could sign Gilardino

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun8h.html

Milan need to be careful.

Warro Bantan
08-06-2005, 14:55
No, not careful, just aggressive...and less stingy...just buy the player already Berlu....sheeesh...what are you waiting for? For Chelsea to get him? Gimmie a break...Crespo has maybe 2 years left in him...Gila is at the start of a decade worth of goals...

Jim_UK
08-06-2005, 15:27
What i find annoying about this whole situation, is how we're holding off. At the moment we seem to be saying we'll wait until he's played the relegation decider against Bologna. Ok, that's fine ... but then why are there these ultimatums coming from Parma/his agent saying we should get him now before Chelsea swing in ?

If we've agreed with Parma to wait until after these matches, they shouldn't go around offering him to other clubs while we're playing a waiting game.

It's all drawing out far too long and if we don't act soon we'll miss out on him altogether.

Henrik
08-06-2005, 15:31
It's all drawing out far too long and if we don't act soon we'll miss out on him altogether.
That I tend to agree with. It would have been better if the Gila deal had been concluded, if not at X-mas, at least before the Crespo deal came thru. It almost feels like there is an excuse now not to sign him :neutral:

Jim_UK
08-06-2005, 15:35
that's exactly it Henrik .... i think we want to sign him, but because we have Crespo now i don't think we'll try as hard to get Gilardino. I would also not be surprised if there was some sort of idiotic deal with Chelsea for us to ease back on Gilardino so they could get him.

Something is just not right, especially when Chelsea are involved.

Maradona (10)
08-06-2005, 16:37
I would also not be surprised if there was some sort of idiotic deal with Chelsea for us to ease back on Gilardino so they could get him.


I feel the same way. After this deal, Gilardino's future is in England IMO. Prove me wrong, Silvio and co.

zlatanov
08-06-2005, 17:28
that's exactly it Henrik .... i think we want to sign him, but because we have Crespo now i don't think we'll try as hard to get Gilardino. I would also not be surprised if there was some sort of idiotic deal with Chelsea for us to ease back on Gilardino so they could get him.

Something is just not right, especially when Chelsea are involved. I honestly don't see what makes you have these fears. First of all, Gila has been our main objective for more than half a year now and to throw all that away for a 30 yo striker, no matter how good he is? No way, Galliani and Milan are that dumb to leave Gila to Chelsea in return for Crespo. If Chelski DO end up getting Gila it would be because they outbid Milan and not because we handed him to them as a "thank you" for a 30 yo Crespo, who has 1-2 years of top football left in him, at best, that is. Which brings me to my next argument - If Crespo does end up staying with us (Kenyon says there are still some points to be addressed on the next meeting between Milan and Chelski), it would be on a 1-year loan and not even a permanent deal. Now you tell me - do you think Galliani is stupid enough to leave Gila to Chelski in return for ... a 1-year loan of a 30 yo striker? I think the answer is more than obvious, and I also think that this tells us something else - Milan themselves aren't entirely convinced that Crespo, closing in on 30 now, is worth getting on a permanent contract, and for this to say goodbye to Gila ... not in this life, maybe the next one but not now.
One other thing, which should make you, but not Nadir :nana: , more comfortable - Milan are rumoured to have priced Khaka at 15 mil euros. This and the fact that Milan have obviously refused to use Khaka as a make-weight for keeping Crespo shows that we are willing to do everything but become Chelsea's biatch. So, if Milan isn't ready to sacrifice Khaka for Crespo, what makes you think they would this with Gila by handing him to the Londoners without a "fight"?
Galliani is a very shrude man with lots and lots of experience and he knows very well that Gila must be part of Milan's future however only at the right price. This price may not be the 43 mil euros Chelsea are believed to have offered Parma but is even further away from a 1-year loan deal for Crespo.

Maradona (10)
08-06-2005, 20:59
I honestly don't see what makes you have these fears. First of all, Gila has been our main objective for more than half a year now and to throw all that away for a 30 yo striker, no matter how good he is? No way, Galliani and Milan are that dumb to leave Gila to Chelsea in return for Crespo. If Chelski DO end up getting Gila it would be because they outbid Milan and not because we handed him to them as a "thank you" for a 30 yo Crespo, who has 1-2 years of top football left in him, at best, that is.

What would that say about Milan? If we want Gila, Gila wants Milan, and he ends up in Chelsea it would say a lot (in a negative way) about this organization. If we want Gila as much as we seem to like him, and he ends up in Chelsea, theres something going on behind the scenes between Milan and Chelski.

zlatanov
08-06-2005, 22:37
What would that say about Milan? If we want Gila, Gila wants Milan, and he ends up in Chelsea it would say a lot (in a negative way) about this organization. If we want Gila as much as we seem to like him, and he ends up in Chelsea, theres something going on behind the scenes between Milan and Chelski.
I am just asking you guys to be logical and I don't think it is too much to ask for. You tell me what interests Milan could have if they let Chelsea have Gila in return of a 1-year loan, not even permanent, deal of a 30-years-old striker? Exactly - NONE. Please stop for a moment with your conspiracy theories and try to be logical and you will see how unfouded and ridiculous all these "behind the scenes" ghost stories are.
What if Gila does end up at Chelski? Well, let me see - they are offering Parma 1.8 times what Milan are offering. Chelsea will also offer him the chance to be part of a top team, playing in the CL, with all chances of winning it, just like Milan. Chances are Roman will offer Gila at least 1.5 times the salary he would be getting at Milan, more likely twice as much, and all that vs the questionable benefit of staying in Italy.
Well, trust me but 95% of players out there would advise Gila to seriously think of a therapy if he does end up choosing Milan. Given the finacial benefits Chelski can offer him and Parma, I don't see anything abnormal in him joining them.
And just because Galliani didn't think Gila was worth 43 mil euros and wages of 5-6 mil euros/season, does that mean that Milan had some "behind the scene" understanding with Roman? No, it would be just simple and basic economics taking control of things yet again. When money comes into play, there is no need for conspiracies.

Maradona (10)
08-06-2005, 22:46
I am just asking you guys to be logical and I don't think it is too much to ask for. You tell me what interests Milan could have if they let Chelsea have Gilain return of a 1-year loan, not even permanent, deal of a 30-years-old striker? Exactly - NONE. Please stop for a moment with your conspiracy theories and try to be logical and you will see how unfouded and ridiculous all these "behind the seens" ghost stories are.
What if Gila does end up at Chelski? Well, let me see - they are offering Parma 1.8 times of what Milan are offering. Chelsea will also offer him the chance to be part of a top team, playing in the CL, with all chances of winning it, just like Milan. Chances are Roman will offer Gila at least 1.5 times the salery he would be getting at Milan, more likely twice as much, and all that vs the questionable benefit of staying in Italy.
Well, trust me but 95% of players out there would advise Gila to seriously think of a therapy if he does end up choosing Milan. Given the finacial benefits Chelski can offer him and Parma, I don't see anything abnormal in him joining them.
And just because Galliani didn't think Gila was worth 43 mil euros and wages of 5-6 mil euros/season, does that mean that Milan had some "behind the scene" understanding with Roman? No, it would be just simple and basic economics taking control of things yet again. When money comes into play, there is no need for conspiracies.

Go tell that to Adriano.

zlatanov
08-06-2005, 23:10
Go tell that to Adriano.
Well, I guess you haven't heard the latest news about him - he basically gave Inter an ultimatum to win something important next year otherwise ...
This being said, I am not sure what your point is by messing Adriano in all this. First of all, Adriano, unlike Gila, already plays for one of the so called "top teams" although I wouldn't refer to Inter as one of the world's best but still they are no Parma. Second, Adriano is already well paid and in his refusal to go to Chelsea but stay at Inter, apart from pure theatrics for the media and Inter fans, has nothing to do with refusing money for he is already being EXTREMELY WELL PAID at Inter. Maybe Chelsea would offer him 1-2 mil more but that would still be ~20-30% increase in wages for him. In Gila's case we are talking probably 500-600% increase for I honestly doubt that Parma are paying him more than 1 mil euros right now, and even that would be pushing it.
And third, you sound like someone who has already ran out of arguments.

mrki
09-06-2005, 03:41
I think we have 90 % of gila's deal, milan are waiting for Parma to play their play off with bologna. Milan are offering somewhere around 18 mil, and Parma wants 25. So it will be 23 with some extra things made by silvio and galliani. Crespo loan is a GREAT deal, now we have another year of crespo- for free. And it seems like we will get some decent money for kaladze. Anyway, Gila will be ours...hm, where else can he go?? Real ? no. Chelski?? seems like milan and chelsea have made some kind of an agreement, and it looks like chelsea are going for torres.

hwmook
09-06-2005, 07:47
I feel the same way. After this deal, Gilardino's future is in England IMO. Prove me wrong, Silvio and co.

nonsense. period.

shevagol_7
09-06-2005, 07:52
I simply can't see Gilardino in Chelsea next season. Chelsea can offer him more money but it seems he has already chosen Milan. Chelsea have been linked with every striker in the world over the past 2 years, so I am not to worried about them taking Gilardino.

It's absurd to think that Milan would just give up on Gilardino for a year deal with a 30 year old.

slicknick
09-06-2005, 08:37
I do not really see him moving out of Italy. I predict a future either with Milan or with Juventus for him.

Warro Bantan
09-06-2005, 09:50
zlatanov...spot on....there is also something else to consider...next year is a world cup year, and Gila, as all good players do, wants to play for the azzuri..and as such, thinks he would stand a better chance playing in Italy, where he is more comfortable, and for a "big team" who can also help him achieve other important goals.

Going to England or Spain, necessitates a major cultural change, and the risk that he wont adapt quickly enough to ensure a spot in Lippi´s squad.

I have very little doubts that he will stay in Italy..what we must be concerned about is Juventus, though the player, from all accounts has indicated his prefrence, which is Milan, and if we have learned anything from the Kewell saga, it is that if a player wants to go to a club, the player will go, even if it means his club will suffer financially.

So calm down everyone, inhale, hold it...............exhale, and think positive thoughts....picture Gila in a Milan kit, starting alongside Sheva....I already have.

Maradona (10)
09-06-2005, 11:16
Well, I guess you haven't heard the latest news about him - he basically gave Inter an ultimatum to win something important next year otherwise ...
This being said, I am not sure what your point is by messing Adriano in all this. First of all, Adriano, unlike Gila, already plays for one of the so called "top teams" although I wouldn't refer to Inter as one of the world's best but still they are no Parma. Second, Adriano is already well paid and in his refusal to go to Chelsea but stay at Inter, apart from pure theatrics for the media and Inter fans, has nothing to do with refusing money for he is already being EXTREMELY WELL PAID at Inter. Maybe Chelsea would offer him 1-2 mil more but that would still be ~20-30% increase in wages for him. In Gila's case we are talking probably 500-600% increase for I honestly doubt that Parma are paying him more than 1 mil euros right now, and even that would be pushing it.
And third, you sound like someone who has already ran out of arguments.

Not really. Adriano can make 2 or 3 times from what he makes in Inter, and he said No to Chelsea. And I talked to him here and he said he had no intentions to leave Inter for Chelsea. And Inter can be a a "top" team, but they are far away from being at a Milan-Juve level.
Gilardino could play in Italy for the best team, his own nation, close to his family and friends, but he would leave that on the table for an extra millons? Whats the difference? If you can make 10 or 20 millon, theres no difference for this guy. He wont even spend in all his lifetime.
And the most important point here is that supposedly Milan wants him bad, so it would be inexcusable if they cant reach a deal with Parma having Gilardino on their side.

zlatanov
09-06-2005, 12:07
Not really. Adriano can make 2 or 3 times from what he makes in Inter, and he said No to Chelsea. And I talked to him here and he said he had no intentions to leave Inter for Chelsea. And Inter can be a a "top" team, but they are far away from being at a Milan-Juve level.
Gilardino could play in Italy for the best team, his own nation, close to his family and friends, but he would leave that on the table for an extra millons? Whats the difference? If you can make 10 or 20 millon, theres no difference for this guy. He wont even spend in all his lifetime.
And the most important point here is that supposedly Milan wants him bad, so it would be inexcusable if they cant reach a deal with Parma having Gilardino on their side.
I am not sure that even you believe all you have just said - things like "there is no dif if he makes 10 or 20 mil" or that Adriano won't leave Inter for money.
I am very surprised that you take to heart what Adriano may have told you - do you really expect him to say something different to some football fan he has just met? What do you really expect Adriano's behavior would be even if he wanted to leave Inter? It is the most natural thing to hear him talk BS like "Inter is my life" "I will never leave Inter" or "I am not interested in going to Chelsea, Milan, Juve, Real because I already play for the best team in the world ..." - the guy has to keep a nice image for the fans and the public, of course he is gonna pledge his future and love to Inter even if he wanted out of there as quickly as possible.
There is also what Inter want to do - if they don't want to lose Adriano then he will have to stay and feed the naive portion of the fans with empry words for his immortal love for the black-and-blue shirt. Again, I am honestly surprised to see that there are still people who actually believe this BS.
And the weekest point of your argument - even if what you say about Adriano is true, you are assuming that Gila and Adriano have the same understanding for life, money, allegiance, values, etc. Just because Adriano thinks one way - I personally don't believe a word he says, but just for argument's sake - why Gila also has to share his views? Don't you think that Gila might have his own ideas of his own future and life? Why shoud he take Adriano as an example? Actually, I am still at a los why you threw in Adriano in here in the first place - he is Adriano and can lie to the media and public as much as he wants, Gila's case have absolutely nothing to do with what Adriano said, did, or who he slept with last night.
And finally, what do you mean by "it would be inexcusable if they cant reach a deal with Parma" - are we supposed to bend our knees and allow Parma to treat us like free-spending idiots just so that we sign Gila? Milan does want Gila, and Gila SEEMS to want Milan too - let's put feelings aside and remember that this is above all business - but does that mean that we must sign him ata any price Parma throw at us? He is the right player in Milan's future but only if we can have him at the right price. Galliani knows very well what he is doing - chances are everything has been done and dusted by now given the way he laughs and jokes whenever they ask him about Gila - and if Gila does end up in Chelsea or some other team but not Milan, then this would mean that the deal wan't good enough for us and that would be it.

Hasan Rossonero
09-06-2005, 21:14
I am not sure that even you believe all you have just said - things like "there is no dif if he makes 10 or 20 mil" or that Adriano won't leave Inter for money.
I am very surprised that you take to heart what Adriano may have told you - do you really expect him to say something different to some football fan he has just met? What do you really expect Adriano's behavior would be even if he wanted to leave Inter? It is the most natural thing to hear him talk BS like "Inter is my life" "I will never leave Inter" or "I am not interested in going to Chelsea, Milan, Juve, Real because I already play for the best team in the world ..." - the guy has to keep a nice image for the fans and the public, of course he is gonna pledge his future and love to Inter even if he wanted out of there as quickly as possible.
There is also what Inter want to do - if they don't want to lose Adriano then he will have to stay and feed the naive portion of the fans with empry words for his immortal love for the black-and-blue shirt. Again, I am honestly surprised to see that there are still people who actually believe this BS.
And the weekest point of your argument - even if what you say about Adriano is true, you are assuming that Gila and Adriano have the same understanding for life, money, allegiance, values, etc. Just because Adriano thinks one way - I personally don't believe a word he says, but just for argument's sake - why Gila also has to share his views? Don't you think that Gila might have his own ideas of his own future and life? Why shoud he take Adriano as an example? Actually, I am still at a los why you threw in Adriano in here in the first place - he is Adriano and can lie to the media and public as much as he wants, Gila's case have absolutely nothing to do with what Adriano said, did, or who he slept with last night.
And finally, what do you mean by "it would be inexcusable if they cant reach a deal with Parma" - are we supposed to bend our knees and allow Parma to treat us like free-spending idiots just so that we sign Gila? Milan does want Gila, and Gila SEEMS to want Milan too - let's put feelings aside and remember that this is above all business - but does that mean that we must sign him ata any price Parma throw at us? He is the right player in Milan's future but only if we can have him at the right price. Galliani knows very well what he is doing - chances are everything has been done and dusted by now given the way he laughs and jokes whenever they ask him about Gila - and if Gila does end up in Chelsea or some other team but not Milan, then this would mean that the deal wan't good enough for us and that would be it.

While I agree with the general level of cynicism in your post, I think what Maradona is trying to say is that sometimes players do indeed jilt the green.

After all, did not Hernan Crespo take a pay-cut to play at Milan next season (or at least so is heavily rumoured)?

That is quite a convenient example, but let's consider further. When a football player makes a decision about his future money undoubtedly figures into it. But so do things like environment and lifestyle. I mean I myself could be working for a lot more, but I like where I live and so I am happy with what I have.

To believe that Gilardino will turn down a significantly larger sum of money is to be naive. However, to believe the reverse is to give Gila little credit.

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes? It could very well be that Gila has already signed for Milan or Chelsea or that he has simply told both to f**k off and he might actually be shaping to don the other heinous stripes.

What I do know is that he has stated that he wants to come to Milan. Money will undoubtedly make him toil when making a decision, but lets hope he opts for us. We will find out in ten days or so. :excited:

Koeke
10-06-2005, 03:15
After all, did not Hernan Crespo take a pay-cut to play at Milan next season (or at least so is heavily rumoured)?


the pay-cut contains that crespo now only get's paid by milan, it is the same amount like last year. the diffrence lies in the fact that chelsea doesn't pay him extra anymore (the part that milan wouldn't give)
so his paycut only helps chelsea not milan

omer
10-06-2005, 12:36
the pay-cut contains that crespo now only get's paid by milan, it is the same amount like last year. the diffrence lies in the fact that chelsea doesn't pay him extra anymore (the part that milan wouldn't give)
so his paycut only helps chelsea not milan

Yes, but if he went back to Chelsea they would have the to pay him the full amount according to the initial contract he signed with them. By staying with Milan hes going to get a reduced salary. :wallbang:

I.M.O.
10-06-2005, 15:03
something is going really wrong with the "Gila situation"
its gone too far..
and when it goes too far there's no way back...

Snapster
10-06-2005, 15:21
something is going really wrong with the "Gila situation"
its gone too far..
and when it goes too far there's no way back...

Meaning what? If you mean that it's taken too long it's because Parma still have 1 more game to play. It would be unprofessional to announce a transfer before then.

I.M.O.
10-06-2005, 16:04
Meaning what? If you mean that it's taken too long it's because Parma still have 1 more game to play. It would be unprofessional to announce a transfer before then.

i hope you're right...

shoryuken
10-06-2005, 16:33
Apparently Gilardino himself wants it sorted before the return leg of the play-off... I hope he's not disappointed...

hitmannq8
10-06-2005, 18:04
i bet Juve signed him, one of moggis surprises

mk18
10-06-2005, 18:31
ur always so negative

rae
11-06-2005, 05:25
Gila puts pressure on Milan Saturday 11 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Gilardino's agent has reiterated the player's desire to snub Chelsea in favour of Milan, but also pointed out he wants a decision made quickly.

“Gilardino has asked for some guarantees before the relegation play-off with Bologna is completed,” warned representative Beppe Bonetto on Telelombardia television. “He doesn’t want to face this match with such uncertainty.”


Parma will fight for their Serie A status in this local derby on June 14 and 18, so the pressure is on the Rossoneri to secure the striker.


It’s a particularly complex situation, as Gilardino – who has scored 46 Serie A goals in the last two seasons – is also a major target for Chelsea and their representatives were in Italy this week to discuss his future with Parma.


“Gilardino would prefer to stay in Italy and he has already expressed that Milan are his first choice,” confirmed the agent. “However, we realise the club is in a financially difficult situation and we cannot totally ignore a serious offer that would give him guarantees of first team football at the highest level. His preferences are just that, not demands.”


Meanwhile, Milan and Chelsea have other matters to discuss. Hernan Crespo has stated that he will take a pay-cut in order to renew his loan spell at the San Siro.


Kakha Kaladze was quoted earlier this week claiming that he was set to complete his move to Stamford Bridge, but now reveals nothing is cast in stone.


“I never gave an interview saying I would be a Chelsea player by Monday,” insisted the Georgian international defender. “I am still in the Milan squad and have expressed my opinion, so now it’s up to the clubs to reach an agreement. I am confident it’ll be sorted out.”

Issue: Football Italia (http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun11a.html)Yea, it is the right time to take chance... and do not hesitate!

Dil dil
12-06-2005, 02:07
Source: Football Italia

Alberto Gilardino's agent has reiterated the player's desire to snub Chelsea in favour of Milan, but also pointed out he wants a decision made quickly.

“Gilardino has asked for some guarantees before the relegation play-off with Bologna is completed,” warned representative Beppe Bonetto on Telelombardia television. “He doesn’t want to face this match with such uncertainty.”

Parma will fight for their Serie A status in this local derby on June 14 and 18, so the pressure is on the Rossoneri to secure the striker.

It’s a particularly complex situation, as Gilardino – who has scored 46 Serie A goals in the last two seasons – is also a major target for Chelsea and their representatives were in Italy this week to discuss his future with Parma.

“Gilardino would prefer to stay in Italy and he has already expressed that Milan are his first choice,” confirmed the agent. “However, we realise the club is in a financially difficult situation and we cannot totally ignore a serious offer that would give him guarantees of first team football at the highest level. His preferences are just that, not demands.”

Meanwhile, Milan and Chelsea have other matters to discuss. Hernan Crespo has stated that he will take a pay-cut in order to renew his loan spell at the San Siro.

Kakha Kaladze was quoted earlier this week claiming that he was set to complete his move to Stamford Bridge, but now reveals nothing is cast in stone.

“I never gave an interview saying I would be a Chelsea player by Monday,” insisted the Georgian international defender. “I am still in the Milan squad and have expressed my opinion, so now it’s up to the clubs to reach an agreement. I am confident it’ll be sorted out.”

KhRiS
12-06-2005, 02:53
You should post this in the Gila thread. ;)

rae
12-06-2005, 17:11
I bet Dil Dil is the man who created most threads in this forum :D :rollani:

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16801&page=1&pp=15

;)

albertini_forever
13-06-2005, 06:27
Milan has to make a quick move ...
c'mon !!! don't be stupid Galianni !!!
he want to be milan player !!!

ASHWIN
13-06-2005, 09:13
Chelsea looks set 2 cash in on him. It's the first time i'm seeing a world class player who wants 2 move 2 a world class club. Y isn't Milan doing anything? It's not like they don't have the money. I don't mind if Milan bought him and closed their transfer market for the season.

Warro Bantan
13-06-2005, 10:35
None of us here (that I know of), has spoken to Galliani or Berlu, so no one knows whast will happen.

The good thing is that the player wants to come to Milan, and in this age of player power, that is not to be scoffed at.

Think positively, project positive energies in your thoughts regarding this transfer, and it will happen...faith can move mountains...

albertini_forever
14-06-2005, 02:45
Berlusconi ready to fund AC Milan bid for Gilardino
tribalfootball.com - June 14, 2005

AC Milan patron Silvio Berlusconi has given the green light for a bid to be made for Parma striker Alberto Gilardino.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani held crunch talks with Berlusconi over the weekend about Gilardino's transfer and the Milan majority shareholder has reportedly agreed to personally fund the deal.

Including Gilardino's £2 million-a-year contract, the striker's signing could cost Milan a cool £35 million, with Parma demanding £24 million as a transfer fee.

Galliani needed Berlusconi's personal backing to go ahead with the move and will now seek talks with Parma chief Luca Baraldi in the next 24 hours.

Gilardino has demanded his future be resolved before the relegation playoff against Bologna. His agent, Beppe Bonetto, said on Friday: "He wants to stay in Italy and his preferred choice is Milan. The player has asked for his future to be decided soon, so he can face the relegation battle without any extra pressure."



finally milan made a move ...
but the source from triballfootball, can we believe it ???
btw ... c'mon berlu !!!

tbouks02
14-06-2005, 04:09
finally milan made a move ...
but the source from triballfootball, can we believe it ???
btw ... c'mon berlu !!!
If it was anyone but Tribalfootball I would be happy right now.

albertini_forever
14-06-2005, 05:15
can wait until next 24 hours ...

c'mon milan !!!

Forza Milan

Warro Bantan
14-06-2005, 14:51
Well, Parma are losing 0-1 to Bologna...63rd min...what are the odds Gila will stay if they get relegated? Nil in my book..

What are the odds Milan will sign him tomorrow, or right after the match? 1-1 in my book....

Unless I need a new book...

Dr Milano
14-06-2005, 14:56
Well, Parma are losing 0-1 to Bologna...63rd min...what are the odds Gila will stay if they get relegated? Nil in my book..

What are the odds Milan will sign him tomorrow, or right after the match? 1-1 in my book....

Unless I need a new book...
know what channel

Dave
15-06-2005, 07:05
I wonder what will happen to me if we sign him(happiest man in the world)!

kris
15-06-2005, 07:12
Well, Parma are losing 0-1 to Bologna...63rd min...what are the odds Gila will stay if they get relegated? Nil in my book..

What are the odds Milan will sign him tomorrow, or right after the match? 1-1 in my book....

Unless I need a new book...


I think Parma will win the next game and stay in serie A and I also hope so. They where without many important players in this game and will get some back for the next one. While Bologna at the same time will miss their starting inner midfield pair. If you didn't know, Gilardino was one of the missing players in this first game.

any transfer will be announced after the second game that is on saturday.

albertini_forever
15-06-2005, 09:08
can't wait till next week ....

c'mon milan !!!

hitmannq8
15-06-2005, 14:35
as the days are passing by, gilardino's move is becoming more confusing.. if you were to ask me a month ago, if we were gonna sign him, i'd say for sure.. but now.. i dont know.. i'd say 60% yes..

i really hope parma win the next game.. any win for them would be fine..i hope they stay as to me, they are a big club and will be back to their winning ways next season..

kris
16-06-2005, 02:04
Let me add that the signing of great players can sometimes come very late, personally I suspect that has something to do with season ticket sales. A late big signing would boost the tickets sales a bit more.

jani
16-06-2005, 02:31
If you are a woman, don't PM me anymore. <-- haha :D



anyways, I think everyone just wants Milan to sign him quickly as Juve are actually putting one eye on this transfer.

Dave
16-06-2005, 06:39
When he will come??????????????? damn I can`t wait! Plz sign him now!

Hasan Rossonero
16-06-2005, 07:24
Rumoured tensions with Chelsea suggest Hernan Crespo might not remain at Milan, though Parma admit the Alberto Gilardino move is coming to a head.


Argentine hitman Crespo told newspapers last week that he was confident of renewing his loan spell at the San Siro with the aid of a pay cut, but it’s claimed problems have hit the deal.


Milan are said to be angry at Chelsea’s persistent interest in Andriy Shevchenko and Gennaro Gattuso, while the Stamford Bridge side considers the £8.6m asking price for Kakha Kaladze to be too high.


The end result could be to bring Crespo back to the Premiership, a blow that would be smoothed over for Coach Carlo Ancelotti by the arrival of Gilardino.


This is another sticking point, as the other main contenders for the Parma top scorer are Chelsea, so the two clubs are duelling on the market.


“Next week we will sit down around the table with Gilardino and discuss everything,” revealed Parma technical director Oreste Cinquini on Radio Radio.


The Italian international and his agent have repeatedly confirmed that their number one choice is Milan, but that a considerably better financial offer from Chelsea will not be dismissed out of hand.


“Alberto has expressed a clear preference for his future, but he is prepared to evaluate other options so as not to penalise Parma. The clubs interested in him are world class and we’ll try to make him happy.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------
from channel4 Football Italia.

This story smacks of a few small lies. For example, I don't believe that Milan are 'angry' with Chelsea, though anyone with good taste should be. :angel:

I personally think Crespo will stay and Gilardino will come. I would much rather lose out on the former than the latter. I really hope Milan give Parma the money they need.

On a side note: would anyone care if Chelsea dropped off the face of the earth? I am starting to hate them more than Man U. :5milan:

ACMILAN1983
16-06-2005, 08:02
Chelsea are very annoying with their persistence besides knowing we won't sell our stars, which seems VERY arrogant of them.

Either way, I think Gila will be heading our way, despite all the Chelsea talk.

Christopher
16-06-2005, 08:33
I also believe we will end up with Crespo, as it sounds ridiculous for them to demand Sheva and Gattuso! Where would they play Gattuso? and Sheva for Crespo is silly! Chelsea are really not making fans of anyone in the world besides their own supporters they might surpass Madrid or Man U as one of the most hated teams, actually they may have already done that.

Gio-mania
16-06-2005, 09:11
hope we get gila nice and fast, before chelsea try..... and juve- their policy sell then buy. so lets buy before they sell.


btw- message for shevchenko-[7] i beleive its 'Lo Tsar', not 'il tsar'

mk18
16-06-2005, 13:24
god i hate chelsea

shoryuken
16-06-2005, 14:47
Chelsea are very annoying with their persistence besides knowing we won't sell our stars, which seems VERY arrogant of them.


What do you expect, this is Chelsea we are dealing with here!

It hope the Gilardino thing is sorted soon :wallbang:

Maradona (10)
16-06-2005, 15:59
Well, word is that they want to buy Etoo but Barca wants them (Chelsea) to give them Fernando Torres instead of cash. Well, cash + Torres. I can see Barcelona getting Torres, Chelsea going with Etoo and Atletico getting Saviola as well.

rae
16-06-2005, 16:54
fvckin sh!te... it seems to well to have em both... and now :mad: :fero:

ASHWIN
16-06-2005, 19:13
Hey guys, tribalfootball.com just said that talks with Parma for Gilardino have stalled. Is this true? Can someone pls confirm with me?

MATNAT
16-06-2005, 20:34
Rumoured tensions with Chelsea suggest Hernan Crespo might not remain at Milan, though Parma admit the Alberto Gilardino move is coming to a head.


Argentine hitman Crespo told newspapers last week that he was confident of renewing his loan spell at the San Siro with the aid of a pay cut, but it’s claimed problems have hit the deal.


Milan are said to be angry at Chelsea’s persistent interest in Andriy Shevchenko and Gennaro Gattuso, while the Stamford Bridge side considers the £8.6m asking price for Kakha Kaladze to be too high.


The end result could be to bring Crespo back to the Premiership, a blow that would be smoothed over for Coach Carlo Ancelotti by the arrival of Gilardino.


This is another sticking point, as the other main contenders for the Parma top scorer are Chelsea, so the two clubs are duelling on the market.


“Next week we will sit down around the table with Gilardino and discuss everything,” revealed Parma technical director Oreste Cinquini on Radio Radio.


The Italian international and his agent have repeatedly confirmed that their number one choice is Milan, but that a considerably better financial offer from Chelsea will not be dismissed out of hand.


“Alberto has expressed a clear preference for his future, but he is prepared to evaluate other options so as not to penalise Parma. The clubs interested in him are world class and we’ll try to make him happy.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------
from channel4 Football Italia.

This story smacks of a few small lies. For example, I don't believe that Milan are 'angry' with Chelsea, though anyone with good taste should be. :angel:

I personally think Crespo will stay and Gilardino will come. I would much rather lose out on the former than the latter. I really hope Milan give Parma the money they need.

On a side note: would anyone care if Chelsea dropped off the face of the earth? I am starting to hate them more than Man U. :5milan:

if i see peter kenyon walking down our street i`m going to F*****G HIT HIM!!

:dumpf:

Billy_Montreal
16-06-2005, 21:45
Hey guys, tribalfootball.com just said that talks with Parma for Gilardino have stalled. Is this true? Can someone pls confirm with me?

Some say its a done deal...others say nothing has been discussed. Either way, I'm not expected ANY announcement before Parma plays the second leg of the 'relegation' match. I don't think any other teams in Serie A are as serious (contender wise) as Milan. Juve seem content with Trez., Zalayeta and Ibra. and Inter have never expressed any interest.

Hasan Rossonero
16-06-2005, 23:04
Are Chelsea even interested in Gilardino? I mean a club with their purchasing power are interested in anything with a pulse, but BBC or any other reuptable site has not reported on their interest.

Billy_Montreal
16-06-2005, 23:41
Are Chelsea even interested in Gilardino? I mean a club with their purchasing power are interested in anything with a pulse, but BBC or any other reuptable site has not reported on their interest.

Chelsea is interested in anyone that is in the 'headlines'. They remind me of Inter in that respect except that they actually win a meaningful title out of their purchases. In the last year or so they have been interested in everyone from Shevchenko to Kaka to Zambrotta to Gilardino....in other words, take their 'statements' with a grain of salt.

albertini_forever
17-06-2005, 00:01
Chelsea watch as Gilardino's agent says: AC Milan talks stopped
tribalfootball.com - June 17, 2005

The agent of Parma striker Alberto Gilardino has sent alarm bells ringing throughout Italy.

"Negotiations with AC Milan have stopped," said Beppe Bonetto yesterday after he had spoken with Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani over the phone on Wednesday evening.

The revelation opens the door for Chelsea, which Bonetto confirmed this week had been in contact about Gilardino.

The 22 year-old insists his priority is to continue in Serie A next season, but if Milan fail to push through an agreement for striker, Gilardino will be forced to seriously consider a big money move to Chelsea in the summer.


chelse want every single players in the world ...
and triballfootball talk bull**** !!!

jani
17-06-2005, 02:20
tribalfootball is bull****.

Dave
17-06-2005, 06:16
I have a feeling that he won`t come!

Hasan Rossonero
17-06-2005, 06:55
I have a feeling that he won`t come!

come on...be optimistic

martin
17-06-2005, 07:06
**** milan alwais take so long, i wish we didn even noe bout this gila thing n he came like a surpise, like nesta. Now that we noe milan want him, we r alwais thinking wether he is coming or not.

albertini_forever
17-06-2005, 08:53
... can't wait any longer ...

this thing make me headache !!!

c'mon milan !!!

Billy_Montreal
17-06-2005, 10:44
Be realistic...you think a player will sign with Milan while he still has a VERY important game to play with his own team? It would be unclassy and unprofessional for Galliani to hound Parma for Gilardino before their season is complete.
By the way, they don't mis-lead the fans and media on purpose, however, the less people know about negotiations the better. For example, if it came out that Milan was in 'late night' talks over Gilardino for days and days and then in the end didn't sign him it would leave a sour taste with 'fans' causing bad publicity. In addition, the selling team (be it Parma for Gilardino or Lazio for Nesta) has the upper hand in that if everyone knows the deal is 'close' the pressure is on Milan to sign him..they can extract MORE from the bargaining table.

Kui
17-06-2005, 11:25
Be realistic...you think a player will sign with Milan while he still has a VERY important game to play with his own team? It would be unclassy and unprofessional for Galliani to hound Parma for Gilardino before their season is complete.
By the way, they don't mis-lead the fans and media on purpose, however, the less people know about negotiations the better. For example, if it came out that Milan was in 'late night' talks over Gilardino for days and days and then in the end didn't sign him it would leave a sour taste with 'fans' causing bad publicity. In addition, the selling team (be it Parma for Gilardino or Lazio for Nesta) has the upper hand in that if everyone knows the deal is 'close' the pressure is on Milan to sign him..they can extract MORE from the bargaining table.

Thank You!!! This thing has gotten insane. People actually think he is a lock signing with us. GUys and gals dont be too shocked if we dont get him nor will I be surprised if we do get him.
The evil side of me is just hoping he doesnt come to Milan, just to hear the reaction coming out. While the better side of me would rather he come so not to hear the bitchin and moaning.

rae
17-06-2005, 12:42
Gilardino fischia prima della sfida (Gazzetta dello Sport)
6/17/2005 10:21:00 AM
«Influenzare la gara e turbare gli animi di chi gioca. Non credevo che gli arbitri potessero fare questo».
«Tempo fa non pensavo proprio che un arbitro potesse influenzare una partita - racconta il Gila - e invece sì. E anche gli animi dei giocatori» . L’ultimo "mattone" lo lancia Alberto Gilardino, il ragazzo d’oro che quando viene stuzzicato fa gol e mai niente a caso. «Sia chiaro - riprende il probabile futuro milanista - sabato c’è Collina, che è un arbitro ottimo, quindi bene così, e credo che certi suoi precedenti non positivi con noi, tipo l’annullamento del gol valido di Vignaroli contro la Sampdoria, siano stati frutto della casualità. Non è facile fare l’arbitro, questa è un’altra premessa che faccio, però dico: come noi siamo e dobbiamo essere giocatori di serie A, quindi all’altezza, ecco, ci vogliono anche arbitri di serie A, capaci, così come i loro collaboratori».

«Sarò un po’ emozionato - dice Gila -, ma prima di andare via voglio regalare a questa società e a questa gente la salvezza. Un gol non basterà, quindi bisogna provare a fare di più. Di certo siamo carichi, c’è da cambiare una stagione in trasferta nella quale abbiamo vissuto poche situazioni felici, e questa gara arriva a pennello. Il mercato? Situazione bloccata, vedremo poi, perché se mi chiedete quale momento più bello mi porterò via da Parma, beh, vi rispondo che ve lo vorrei dire sabato sera, cioè la salvezza. Un domani non sarà facile né certamente indifferente tornare qui a giocare, ma tornare qui significherebbe una cosa soprattutto: che il Parma è ancora in serie A. E io voglio regalargliela». Anyone exact translation, please.

shoryuken
17-06-2005, 13:19
I think it''s more or less this, perhaps more in the Italian but still:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun17i.html

Dr Milano
17-06-2005, 15:30
I think it''s more or less this, perhaps more in the Italian but still:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun17i.html
oh well i cant speak italian :5inter: :5inter: :5inter: :5inter: :5inter: :5inter: :djn: :rone:

albertini_forever
18-06-2005, 01:22
plz translete ... pls ... or the main idea ... that's language make me sick ...:D:D:D:D:D

zlatanov
18-06-2005, 01:42
The link provided above is in English - not sure what the problem is !?
As for the Gila quote from 3-4 posts above - it is referring to the Bologna - Parma games with Parma being furious with the referee who denied them several penalty appeals vs Bologna. Gilas is hoping that before he leaves Parma, he would give the team and the fans another season in Serie A.
That's pretty much it.

albertini_forever
18-06-2005, 09:38
so gila will leave parma to ?????

c'mon milan ...

Maradona (10)
18-06-2005, 11:41
I think on monday we will have a confirmation about Gila (crossing fingers).

Dr Milano
18-06-2005, 14:15
I think on monday we will have a confirmation about Gila (crossing fingers).yeh but i think hes goin chealsea by force but he wants t o come milan cause chealsea have money innit :cheers: :lazy:

jani
18-06-2005, 14:20
Chelsea's interest in him doesnt seem concrete. Their interest has been made up by the press. You really think Maurinho wants to buy every player in the world? I doubt it. The press twist his words.

Bosniaco
18-06-2005, 14:29
The link provided above is in English - not sure what the problem is !?
As for the Gila quote from 3-4 posts above - it is referring to the Bologna - Parma games with Parma being furious with the referee who denied them several penalty appeals vs Bologna. Gilas is hoping that before he leaves Parma, he would give the team and the fans another season in Serie A.
That's pretty much it.
He just scored second goal for Parma which makes them stay in Serie A, also Gila costs 25 M thats a lot of money !!

jani
18-06-2005, 14:29
btw, HT Bologna-Parma.. 2-0 Parma!

Gilardino scored one.

albertini_forever
18-06-2005, 14:38
parma stay ... and are there any chance gila will stay in parma too ???

:D:D:D:D:D

monday i'm in love ...

Maradona (10)
18-06-2005, 17:25
I watched the game on RAI and when they showed Gilardino celebrating after the game they said that he is joining Milan.

albertini_forever
19-06-2005, 04:09
really ... mmm ... and in sports ilustrated ... told the same too ...


Parma beats Bologna, stays in Serie A
Posted: Saturday June 18, 2005 5:43PM; Updated: Saturday June 18, 2005 5:43PM

BOLOGNA, Italy (AP) -- Alberto Gilardino scored the decisive goal Saturday and Sebastien Frey earned the shutout, helping Parma beat Bologna 2-0 in the second leg of a relegation playoff and win 2-1 on aggregate to stay in Italy's Serie A next season.

Bologna, the 1964 league champion, joins Brescia and Atalanta in the second division.

Gilardino, expected to transfer to AC Milan, added a first-half injury time goal to Giuseppe Cardone's score in the 17th minute.

Cardone made it 1-0 off a corner kick before limping off with a hip injury. Gilardino scored on a deflection off his thigh in the 46th minute on a cross from Australia teammate Mark Bresciano.

Bologna and Parma had to play the two-leg relegation playoff after finishing in a tie for 16th with Fiorentina in the Serie A standings. Fiorentina was saved due to an advantage in head-to-head meetings between the three clubs.



http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/soccer/06/18/bc.soc.italianrdp.ap/index.html

tbouks02
19-06-2005, 05:57
http://www.tgcom.it/sport/articoli/articolo262695.shtml

According to this artcle Wednesday is the day Milan and Parma will meet to discuss the Gilardino transfer. So if we don't hear anything by Wednesday or Thursday it is not good.

albertini_forever
19-06-2005, 06:14
Gilardino, ora tocca al Milan
Mercoledì incontro con il Parma

Per il futuro di Alberto Gilardino sono arrivate le ore decisive. Il Milan, che ha fatto capire che non avrebbe "disturbato" il giocatore fino a dopo lo spareggio, è pronto a sferrare l'attacco decisivo. L'accordo con il giocatore c'è da tempo, mentre quello tra le due società manca: nell'incontro previsto mercoledì si cercherà di limare la differenza tra domanda e offerta. Ma c'è sempre lo "spauracchio" Chelsea.
Ora il Milan può finalmente farsi avanti. Adriano Galliani e Carlo Ancelotti, d'altra parte, avevano fatto capire più volte che per chiudere una trattativa ormai lunga diversi mesi, si trattava solo d'aspettare la fine dello spareggio. E ora che, grazie soprattutto all'attaccante di Biella, il Parma ha conquistato la salvezza, la strada per i rossoneri è libera. Un incontro tra dirigenti del Milan e quelli gialloblù è previsto per mercoledì: potrebbe essere quello il giorno in cui l'affare sarà chiuso. Ma attenzione alle fumate nere: il Parma sa che Gilardino piace a mezza Europa, quindi non è disposta ad aspettare più di tanto.
D'altra parte il giocatore ha già espresso da tempo la sua preferenza per un trasferimento in rossonero, quindi il Milan appare comunque nettamente la favorita. La risposta al rebus sarà però legata alle cifre, cioè a quanto in là sarà disposta a spingersi la società di via Turati: l'ultima offerta è di 25 milioni, con un "adeguamento" a 30-35 l'affare si potrebbe chiudere. Al di là della "sparata" di qualche settimana fa di Baraldi (50 milioni), la richiesta attuale del Parma è ferma su circa 40 milioni.
Intanto il Chelsea resta alla finestra: sa di non essere la prima scelta, ma nel caso si aprisse la porta Abramovich è pronto a presentare l'ennesima offertona irrinunciabile: anche lui sa che "Gila" potrebbe essere un affare di cui godere per anni a venire.



i don't understand italian language ... but tbouks02 said it's a good news ... i hope so !!!

Hasan Rossonero
19-06-2005, 08:36
i don't understand italian language ... but tbouks02 said it's a good news ... i hope so !!!

I have a feeling Tomasson will be included in some form or another in the negotiations with Parma.

I could see Milan offering 18 million pounds max and throwing in some players in the form of Tomasson and/or Dhorasoo.

Hasan Rossonero
19-06-2005, 08:48
i don't understand italian language ... but tbouks02 said it's a good news ... i hope so !!!

Well what this article basically says is stuff we already know (except for the meeting date):

1) Milan did not want to bother Parma till after the spareggio (play-off) and since that is now over it is time to move in on Wednesday.

2) The player (via his agent) has made no secret that he wants to join Milan but the price has always been the talking point.

3) Milan appear to only want to offer 25 million with a possible 30-35 mark on the horizon. My speculation: How they will achieve the upper bound is probably through further payments made later or a player thrown into the deal.

4) Parma seem to demand 40 million and the Milan contingent must be aware of the rest of Europe which in this case means Chelsea.

5) Abramovich would have no problem meeting the asking price for Gilardino.

So, with all this in mind, it seems if Milan do not meet the asking price, then it will be Gilardino's drive which will hopefully put the deal beyond doubt. Let's hope Wednesday or Thursday are blessed days. :happy:

Dr Milano
19-06-2005, 10:34
Well what this article basically says is stuff we already know (except for the meeting date):

1) Milan did not want to bother Parma till after the spareggio (play-off) and since that is now over it is time to move in on Wednesday.

2) The player (via his agent) has made no secret that he wants to join Milan but the price has always been the talking point.

3) Milan appear to only want to offer 25 million with a possible 30-35 mark on the horizon. My speculation: How they will achieve the upper bound is probably through further payments made later or a player thrown into the deal.

4) Parma seem to demand 40 million and the Milan contingent must be aware of the rest of Europe which in this case means Chelsea.

5) Abramovich would have no problem meeting the asking price for Gilardino.

So, with all this in mind, it seems if Milan do not meet the asking price, then it will be Gilardino's drive which will hopefully put the deal beyond doubt. Let's hope Wednesday or Thursday are blessed days. :happy:
is ur name hassan

Hasan Rossonero
19-06-2005, 12:21
is ur name hassan

no Hasan...many people think it is Hassan:)...

I know many of my arab friends spell it like Hassan

albertini_forever
19-06-2005, 13:08
thank-q ...
wednesday or thursday .... god with us ....

assalamualaikum ...

:D:D:D:D

Dave
19-06-2005, 13:50
So when we will sign him????

Hasan Rossonero
19-06-2005, 16:40
So when we will sign him????
well seems soon (from Sky Sports):

Milan vice-president Paolo Berlusconi is confident a deal for Alberto Gilardino will soon be wrapped up.

The Parma striker remains top of Milan's summer wish list and Berlusconi (Silvio's brother) believes a deal could be struck in the not too distant future.

Chelsea continue to monitor the situation but Berlusconi wants Gilardino's arrival to be a tonic for the club's throwing away of the UEFA Champions League to Liverpool.

''To overcome Istanbul we must immediately win back the Champions League,'' Berlusconi told the club's official website.

''In my opinion there is only one solution - Gilardino.

''Let's leave the workings to Adriano Galliani. It was right until yesterday not to divert the player from matches which could help Parma's survival.

''But I think we'll be able now to add a further gift but let us not forget these gifts are signed by my brother.

''But I am confident.''

Meanwhile, Berlusconi has moved to dismiss talk of an outlandish bid for Barcelona's Brazilian star Ronaldinho.

Milan have been linked with a raid on the Catalan giants but this has now been dismissed as an unrealistic prospect.

''The dream? Make a poll with the supporters and it would be Ronaldinho,'' continued Berlusconi.

''But it is a desire really closed in a strong box. It's only a good dream but in the morning after you must wake up.''

hitmannq8
19-06-2005, 22:21
I am a huge huge fan of Gilardino.. but everyone here just talked about his advantages and all, no one here see's any of his disadvantages..

i'll give you guys just something to think about... When Adriano was still in Parma, we never knew anything of Gilardino.. Gilardino only came out with a bang after Adriano left and was playing as a lone striker. Also, after numerous experiments with the Claudio Gentile's Azzurini, he found out that the only way to use Gilardino was to use him as a lone striker. Every game we played with 2 strikers, he failed to live up to his standards. Also, I haven't seen Gilardino play one impressive game for Lippi's Azzuri. The reason might be that its because Lippi has only played Gila alongside another striker.

That certainly is a thought that worries me. I really hope he can combine well with Sheva. But afterall, he is a great player.. and I really do hope we get him..


After the playoff, I've been checking the news every 2 hours, just waiting to see a headline of "Gilardino joins Milan!" or somethiing of that sort.. Alberto himself said that nothing would happen only until Monday, and my friends, Monday has arrived. I will be on the news every now and then just waiting for news on this. Someone mentioned earlier that the deal should be struck by Wednesday, from what source did that someone get this information from? I dont think i can wait till Wednesday.. Im really nervous about this deal, but im confident it will happen..

mk18
20-06-2005, 06:25
from channel 4:

Gilardino wants Italian job
Monday 20 June, 2005
Milan transfer target Alberto Gilardino is ready to snub Real Madrid and Chelsea in order to stay in Serie A.

The Parma striker will be sold this summer but he’s seemingly ruled out a foreign switch in the interest of his international future.

"I want to remain in Italy because I want to be a part of the 2006 World Cup," he told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

"If I moved abroad, I would run the risk of compromising that possibility."

Stories in the peninsula insist that Gilardino is San Siro bound and he has no problems with a Milan switch.

"I hope everything can be sorted out quickly and with no problems," continued the former Piacenza youngster.

"Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti is a stupendous person and they have some extraordinary players there.

"I’ll be going on holiday from Wednesday and I would like to know by then what team I will be playing for next season."

Gilardino, who helped keep Parma in Serie A by scoring in the survival play-off against Bologna at the weekend, is hungry for silverware.

"I want to win my first trophy with a club," he continued. "Winning the Scudetto or the Champions’ League will remain with you for the rest of your life."

Gilardino concluded by asking his unknown future club a favour. "If possible, I would ask them to sign (Parma teammate Domenico) Morfeo," he remarked.

Dave
20-06-2005, 06:39
Ok guys thanks for Info! Good news! I hope that tomorrow he will be Milan Player! :p017:

Hitman
20-06-2005, 06:41
I don't think the transfer will be settled so quickly. Gilardino wants to come to Milan, but we still need to agree a transfer fee with Parma, and that could be rather difficult...!!
Still, I feel we will sign him, but it could take some time.

albertini_forever
20-06-2005, 06:57
from rte.ie :
Milan focus on Gilardino
Monday, 20 June 2005 11:44

AC Milan are now ready to begin negotiations with Parma for the acquisition of rumoured Chelsea target Alberto Gilardino.
Milan vice-president Paolo Berlusconi, brother of owner Silvio, is confident that the Italian international will be a Milan player this summer.
Gilardino's transfer to the San Siro was delayed due to the striker being involved in the relegation play-offs with Parma.
The 22-year-old ended in style his adventure with the Gialloblu club having struck the all-important goal on Saturday to allow Parma to defend their Serie A status, confirming his own calibre in the process.
"We have to let (vice-president) Adriano Galliani work," Berlusconi told the club's official website.
"Up to two days ago Gilardino was involved with Parma in the relegation games."
Gilardino finished as the second highest scorer in Serie A for the past two campaigns, behind AC Milan's Andriy Shevchenko in 2004 and Livorno's Cristiano Lucarelli this year.
Berlusconi says the player Milan would love to sign is Brazil's phenomenon Ronaldinho but it is an impossible task as he is set to sign a contract extension with Barcelona.
"The dream signing? The dream would be Ronaldinho," admitted Berlusconi. "But that desire is locked up in a safe, it's only a dream then you have to wake up in the morning."

albertini_forever
20-06-2005, 06:59
from http://www.itv-football.co.uk/Teams/Chelsea/story_155223.shtml :

Milan step up Gilardino talks
ITALY Seria A, Monday June 20 2005
AC Milan are now ready to begin negotiations with Parma for the acquisition of scoring sensation Alberto Gilardino.
Vice-president Paolo Berlusconi, brother of owner Silvio, is confident that the Italian international will become a Milan player this summer.
Gilardino's transfer to the San Siro was delayed due to the striker being involved in the relegation play-offs with Parma.
The 22-year-old ended his adventure with the Gialloblu club in style striking the all-important goal on Saturday to allow Parma to defend their Serie A status, confirming his own calibre in the process.
"We have to let (vice-president) Adriano Galliani work. Up to two days ago Gilardino was involved with Parma in the relegation games," Berlusconi told the club's official website,
The star striker finished as the second highest scorer in Serie A for the past two campaigns, behind Milan's Andriy Shevchenko in 2004 and Livorno's Cristiano Lucarelli this year.
He could become the Rossoneri's third signing following the acquisition of Czech international Marek Jankulovski from Udinese and Swiss midfielder Johann Vogel from PSV Eindhoven.
"I really think we can give ourselves another present but let's not forget that these presents are signed by our president who puts the money in," he added.
Berlusconi says the player the Italian giants would love to sign is Brazil's phenomenon Ronaldinho but it is an impossible task as he is set to sign a contract extension with Spanish champions Barcelona.
"The dream signing? The dream would be Ronaldinho," admitted Berlusconi. "But that desire is locked up in a safe, it's only a dream then you have to wake up in the morning."

albertini_forever
20-06-2005, 07:23
from : http://www.tribalfootball.com/june/italnews200605.html

Gilardino agent: It's Chelsea or AC Milan
tribalfootball.com - June 20, 2005

Triumphant Parma striker Alberto Gilardino admits he's played his last game for the club.

Gilardino helped Parma defeat Bologna in Saturday's relegation playoff and said: "I cannot describe the feelings I have right now.

"The whole team was fantastic and we all played like lions with the fans pushing us on to this achievement.

"We will see what happens from Monday onwards, but now I want to enjoy this win and our Serie A status."

Meanwhile, Gilardino's agent Marcello Bonetto admitted: "Chelsea or AC Milan ... Parma will decide."












i hate chelsea ...

ACMILAN1983
20-06-2005, 08:05
I am a huge huge fan of Gilardino.. but everyone here just talked about his advantages and all, no one here see's any of his disadvantages..

i'll give you guys just something to think about... When Adriano was still in Parma, we never knew anything of Gilardino.. Gilardino only came out with a bang after Adriano left and was playing as a lone striker. Also, after numerous experiments with the Claudio Gentile's Azzurini, he found out that the only way to use Gilardino was to use him as a lone striker. Every game we played with 2 strikers, he failed to live up to his standards. Also, I haven't seen Gilardino play one impressive game for Lippi's Azzuri. The reason might be that its because Lippi has only played Gila alongside another striker.

True, at Milan he will have to play as the target man up front with Sheva as the supporting forward. This doesn't mean Sheva has less responsibilities and Gila becomes the main man, but it does mean Sheva will have to play more like he did this year where he was often the provider rather than just a pure goalscorer.

Gila does have a few disadvantages beyond he needs to be the target man, including he could develop his technical skills and other attributes to become a more complete player.

At this point, it has to be said we are signing a raw goalscoring talent. However, like when we signed Sheva and even Kaka, he is young and has much promise on which we can build.

Kui
20-06-2005, 08:44
I am a huge huge fan of Gilardino.. but everyone here just talked about his advantages and all, no one here see's any of his disadvantages..

i'll give you guys just something to think about... When Adriano was still in Parma, we never knew anything of Gilardino.. Gilardino only came out with a bang after Adriano left and was playing as a lone striker. Also, after numerous experiments with the Claudio Gentile's Azzurini, he found out that the only way to use Gilardino was to use him as a lone striker. Every game we played with 2 strikers, he failed to live up to his standards. Also, I haven't seen Gilardino play one impressive game for Lippi's Azzuri. The reason might be that its because Lippi has only played Gila alongside another striker.

That certainly is a thought that worries me. I really hope he can combine well with Sheva. But afterall, he is a great player.. and I really do hope we get him..

Well I have to thank you for being very honest in your take on Gila. You very much earned my respect by at least disclosing your concerns about him. Right now there is way too much Gila-mania here that people are going to be disappointed if he doesnt deliver for us... that is if he even plays for Milan. I have made my decision that I dont really think he will be a great acquisition for us. If I'm wrong... GREAT cause that will mean Milan will be doing well. I just have my reservations about Gila.
Why is it that he cannot score with a partner striker???? No one has even contemplated this till you did "hitman". To me it shows the character of strikers and their relationship to their team mates. Apparently he's a one man show. This is not Milanisti mentality. Milan is a team man show. So for 35 million worth in golden eggs, we might want to reserved in this purchase. Otherwise the egg will be on our face.
Hitman you get rep points for your integrity. I like that!

Nadir
20-06-2005, 08:58
as much as i am not a gila fan, the moment he becomes a milan player i will abide by my rule - i will support a player if he wears red and black and be his biggest fan long before he even scores a goal. even if he ends the season with 2 goals, i will support him because of the colours he wears.

Warro Bantan
20-06-2005, 09:15
Worrying about whether he will be able to play with Sheva is premature until we get glimse of them together in the USA...we have a tour this summer, and play Chelski twice.

This is an excellent forum for us to test out new strategies, formations, tactics, and lineups, as well as for bit players to show their worth, an try for a starting place, or at least be up for more frequent starts.

Until then, we can speculate, but I believe in positive thinking, and since the player is young, he has time to adapt his game to the one Ancelotti will ask of him, or in turn, Carlo can seek to maximise Gila´s ability by working with his strengths, and not insisting that he change his style overmuch.

I strongly believe that we should worry less about "how he will play for Milan" till after we have confirmation from Milan that he has signed for us.

Hasan Rossonero
20-06-2005, 09:55
Can I make a request? Could members not quote Tribal football as if it is a credible source!? :dontkn:

The following is from channel4 football italia. Many of their Milan-related quotations are actually taken from acmilan.com. Still, they like to speculate but tribalfootball is just full of downright lies.

Gilardino wants Italian job

Milan transfer target Alberto Gilardino is ready to snub Real Madrid and Chelsea in order to stay in Serie A.

The Parma striker will be sold this summer but he’s seemingly ruled out a foreign switch in the interest of his international future.

"I want to remain in Italy because I want to be a part of the 2006 World Cup," he told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

"If I moved abroad, I would run the risk of compromising that possibility."

Stories in the peninsula insist that Gilardino is San Siro bound and he has no problems with a Milan switch.

"I hope everything can be sorted out quickly and with no problems," continued the former Piacenza youngster.

"Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti is a stupendous person and they have some extraordinary players there.

"I’ll be going on holiday from Wednesday and I would like to know by then what team I will be playing for next season."

Gilardino, who helped keep Parma in Serie A by scoring in the survival play-off against Bologna at the weekend, is hungry for silverware.

"I want to win my first trophy with a club," he continued. "Winning the Scudetto or the Champions’ League will remain with you for the rest of your life."

Gilardino concluded by asking his unknown future club a favour. "If possible, I would ask them to sign (Parma teammate Domenico) Morfeo," he remarked.

Hasan Rossonero
20-06-2005, 10:01
Well I have to thank you for being very honest in your take on Gila. You very much earned my respect by at least disclosing your concerns about him. Right now there is way too much Gila-mania here that people are going to be disappointed if he doesnt deliver for us... that is if he even plays for Milan. I have made my decision that I dont really think he will be a great acquisition for us. If I'm wrong... GREAT cause that will mean Milan will be doing well. I just have my reservations about Gila.
Why is it that he cannot score with a partner striker???? No one has even contemplated this till you did "hitman". To me it shows the character of strikers and their relationship to their team mates. Apparently he's a one man show. This is not Milanisti mentality. Milan is a team man show. So for 35 million worth in golden eggs, we might want to reserved in this purchase. Otherwise the egg will be on our face.
Hitman you get rep points for your integrity. I like that!

One should have reservations about every player, regardless of who he is. If we were to believe all the hype, then we would not be sensible, intelligent fans.

Gilardino is a massive talent who has great potential. He is over-priced maybe, but that is also testament to the slow transfer market.

I think Gila could eventually settle in with Sheva. He is a young player and Milan need to invest in youth (preferably Italian).

Thus, I am optimistic and will be gutted if he does not sign for us. But life goes on.

Christopher
20-06-2005, 10:15
Granted I have not seen Gilardino play all that much as I do not follow Parma all that much. However I got the oppourtunity to see him in the relegation match on saturday. The one thing that stuck out to me is that he take up space in area, if he can do that and garner some attention by lingering so close to the goal it will allow Sheva, Kaka and co. more room to get open. Not to mention it I noticed he is a rock when possessing the ball, which might allow him to possess the ball while Sheva or Kaka make a few runs themselves. But yes we will not know until he is signed, and then plays.

jani
20-06-2005, 11:50
yes, please do not quote tribalfootball. its too stupid.

albertini_forever
20-06-2005, 12:14
yes sir !!! i won't quote from triballfootball again ... :D:D:D:D


gila said ... "i want know which team i will play before i spend summer holiday"

and he'll go on wednesday ... so the Gilardino future will decide if not this day it will be tomorow ... omg ... C'mon Milan ... C'mon Silvio open your check book ...

:D:D:D:D

Maradona (10)
20-06-2005, 12:23
There isnt such thing like players performing well when playing "alone" or suc*ing when they arent. Obviously it depends on how Carlo uses Gila (if he comes) but he wont be a failure for having Shevchenko or Crespo playing upfront with him.

jani
20-06-2005, 13:11
is sucking a cencored word here?

no :D

Warro Bantan
20-06-2005, 13:44
acmilan.com
PRESS SURVEY - GILARDINO: 'Great esteem between Milan and I'
6/20/2005
MILAN - Tuttosport and Corriere dello Sport focus on Alberto Gilardino. He said: 'There is a great esteem between Milan and I, that is the most important thing. I hope everything goes on well and soon. Tomorrow, or at least on Wednesday, I'll leave for my summer vacation, and I would like to do it knowing the club where I will play for next season. But if I have to wait a little bit more, I'll bring my mobile with me... I thank Carlo Ancelotti for the good words he had for me, but my consideration for Milan goes beyond the coach's words. I also like the organisation at the club, the staff and the coach, a wonderful man, as [Andrea] Pirlo and [Rino] Gattuso told me during the National team camps. It is difficult not to get involved at Milan. There are plenty of stars, Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo... Whoever you mention you don't make mistakes.'

:1old:"Now verily I say to all those non believers: Oh ye of little faith" :w221:

Christopher
20-06-2005, 14:02
:v408: :v408: :v408: :v408:
:v408: :v408: :v408: :v408: :5schal:
:v408: :v408: :v408: :v408: :5ok: :p017:
:v408: :v408: :v408: :v408: :rone:
:v408: :v408: :v408: :v408:

Dil dil
20-06-2005, 23:59
Milan promise Gilardino swoop
20.6 || webmaster || $source

Source: Football Italia

Parma striker Alberto Gilardino will sign for Milan this summer, says Rossoneri Vice-president Paolo Berlusconi.

The latter, brother of owner Silvio Berlusconi, has publicly told fans to expect the arrival of the Italian international. "I think we will be able to give ourselves this gift," he stated.

Gilardino has been linked with a move to the Rossoneri for some time even if talks over his transfer were delayed by Parma’s survival play-off.

But negotiations will now resume after Gilardino’s goal helped Parma beat Bologna on Saturday, thus ensuring their Serie A status.

"It was only right to not disturb the player before Parma’s last game," added Berlusconi. "We’ll now let our friend Adriano Galliani get to work.

"However, let us not forget that all of these presents are concluded with the signature of our President (Silvio Berlusconi) who puts up the money."

Milan are set to meet with Parma officials on Wednesday in an attempt to agree a fee, especially as they have reportedly already agreed personal terms with the striker.

The Stadio Tardini outfit initially valued the former Verona player at a massive £35m but that figure has since been reduced.

Milan are understood to have had an £18m bid rejected and they will up their offer to around £23m.

The San Siro giants will be keen to wrap up the deal as soon as possible given that Chelsea, Inter and Juventus are also monitoring the situation.



:1ole:

Sheva7_Evo
21-06-2005, 00:56
aren't we askin a bit much from chelsea?

have crespo for free while they pay a large sum for kaladze...then there's gila as well.
is galliani that good!

Syn Shevaan
21-06-2005, 01:49
Hello Everyone!!
This is my first post in 2005, I want to share you all a good news, my second daughter was born 5 days ago, a cute one. Meanwhile, I haven't seen any italian serie A match for the last 6 months due to internal problems with the tv contract. What an inconvenience.
I would like to make a comment about Milan's performance last season;
Milan failed to grab any title, if you ask me how could that be...well, these are
some possibilities answers:
1. Ancelotti once said he wanted Stam and Crespo in his squad, this season
has them both. But he once said that when he manage Juve, not Milan.
I can agree the signing of Stam instead of his age, he is a worldclass
Defender and is a great alternative player to cover Maldini.
And Crespo, I won't put too much comment for him, Just glad to see the
teamwork displayed between Sheva and Crespo in their Champion Final
match against Liverpool.
2. Some of our players are more and more predictable, the fact is when you
mark Kaka tightly, and aware of Pirlo's movement.... you can tell the result.
3. Juventus at the same time get the perfect coach at the perfect time.
( Should I mention ' also get great players such as Emerson and Canna
varo? '. I'm sure most of you are playing football manager games such as
CM or FIFA Football Manager, and if you control a big-rich club, would you
swap your star player ( Cannavaro ) to your own rival? Well, Some idiots
in this world still do )
Juve under Capello is a new Juve and with a new playing style, they were
almost unstoppable, at least for this season.
4. Several mediocre serie A clubs made a big surprise this season.
And Milan often fall to their victim. :5dito:

These points lead us to ' Who should we sign for next season '
so let me divide it into two posts. :nunu:

Syn Shevaan
21-06-2005, 02:08
Gilardino? now try to think more about it...
do we really need a striker? :whie:
Yeah, Gila is good, a great striker, a fearsome goalscorrer.
Is that the main problem we have this season?
Or " because he is good, we must sign him!! " ? :r7:
You must all realize by signing Gila we must sell or loan at least one striker
we currently have.
But I think Milan will sign him whatsoever, Gila doesn't want to play outside
Italy, and he has stated that he wants to play for Milan. He is famous, he
is Italian Jewel, so Milan WILL sign him.

My only concern is Juve's manuever.
Juve got Mutu as a swap card, Juve is always the Juve I know, always
cleverly sneaky when it comes about transfer season.
' No we don't want him ' but by next week you've seen the player mentioned
arrive at Turin for a press confrence with Juve's official :cheers:

About other possible transfer for Milan?
as we already know, securing the service of Bonera or chivu would be
a great move.
I'm sure Milan will surprise us in this transfer season, can't wait till that happen.

Forza!!

ACMILAN1983
21-06-2005, 05:22
wb syn shevaan :)

also congratulations on your newborn :)

Warro Bantan
21-06-2005, 09:10
Congrats on your new addition...I have been too tired to remember to post that I too have a new arrival, Don Carlos Wayne Wilson, was born June 10th at 9pm Jamaica time (which means a day or so late)!

Syn Shevaan
21-06-2005, 09:48
I'm thankful for your congratulations Warro Bantan and AC Milan 1983.
Wayne Wilson is a good name, Bantan. anyway, I name my daughter
Glaetcher Hana ( not a common name for Asian people ).
:27rr:

albertini_forever
21-06-2005, 10:31
really .. congrats syn shevaan ...
and i reallty know where ciumbuleuit is !!!
Glaetcher Hana is really not common for Asian people ... the common name for Asian People maybe "Neneng Gilardino" ... just kidding ...:D:D:D:

so anyone has the lattest news of Gilardino ???

it's make me headache !!!

:D:D:D:D:D

ARIO
21-06-2005, 11:07
From what i've read on calciomercato.com....

It seems that we're gonna try to lure Caracciolo, to be an addition in Gilardino race. Parma are very much interested in Andrea to replace Alberto.....Andrea worth 8 million euro. I guess with 23 mil Euro + Andrea Caracciolo + a loan of player Gila will be ours in a day or two....

IN the mean time, Boriello is confirmed joining Samp on loan. It means one spot in a striker role for Gilardino and.....
The possibility of Fabio Bazzani coming...to replace Hernan Crespo. He will come in cheap and i guess much less on the term of salary....

Reconquistiamola!!!

Hasan Rossonero
21-06-2005, 11:43
Parma open Gilardino auction Tuesday 21 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma have played down widespread reports that Alberto Gilardino will definitely be sold to Milan this summer.

Some stories in the peninsula have even claimed that the striker could complete his move on Wednesday.

But Luca Baraldi, Parma’s chief operating officer, has insisted that nothing has yet been decided regarding Gilardino’s next destination.

"I can exclude that the Gilardino transfer will be completed tomorrow," Baraldi told the media. "Milan are interested in him but so too are a host of other clubs.

"Up until Saturday we were concentrating on surviving relegation, we will now think about the transfer market."

Chelsea, Real Madrid, Juventus and Inter are other teams who are interested in the £25m-rated international.

The Gialloblu have been linked with Brescia’s Andrea Caracciolo today as Gilardino’s replacement, but Baraldi again stalled.

"Caracciolo is an excellent player but Parma will firstly need to look at the finances involved," he added.

The Tardini outfit are also looking for a new Coach but there is a chance that Pietro Carmignani may remain.

"We will look at the coaching situation this week," he added. "I personally think that Carmignani has done enough this season to be confirmed in the job."

Carmignani replaced Silvio Baldini during the last campaign, keeping the club in the top-flight after a survival play-off win against Bologna.


----------------------

Seems like market posturing by Parma. Ofcourse we already know that there are many suitors for Gilardino. This is just a ploy to get the price up.

Think about this.

If Gila has stated that he wants to move to Milan and remain in Italy then already Chelsea and Real are his second choice after Juve, Inter and us.

So then:

Juve: If they sign Gila they will give up Cassano and I think they need Cassano more. Furthermore, I don't think they have ever expressed interest in Gila.

Inter: Well, if Gila goes there he is touched in the head :grinser:

Milan- He has stated his desire to come here, Milan can offer the money, we need a young striker and if we are aware of that I am sure the Milanello contingent are as well, Berlusconi (via brother) has spoken. Also, the Crespo deal has stalled so maybe negotiations for Gila are reaching completion.

So...folks let's keep our hopes up, but if he does not come then don't forget that we have a very competitive team as is.

albertini_forever
21-06-2005, 13:05
... mmm ...

I hope this not the second Canna case ...

:D:D:D:D:D

rae
21-06-2005, 13:12
Juve: If they sign Gila they will give up Cassano and I think they need Cassano more. Furthermore, I don't think they have ever expressed interest in Gila.It seem that juve do not need neither Cassano nor Gila, cuz they have just declared that five forwards are enough for they squad... ;)

Read here (http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun21a.html)

Dr Milano
21-06-2005, 15:36
It seem that juve do not need neither Cassano nor Gila, cuz they have just declared that five forwards are enough for they squad... ;)

Read here (http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun21a.html)
yeh i think so too but we have tommason sheva inzaghi crespo and hopefully gila thatl be enough for us :3band:

Dil dil
21-06-2005, 19:59
Gilardino wants Italian job
20.6 || webmaster || $source

Source: Football Italia

Milan transfer target Alberto Gilardino is ready to snub Real Madrid and Chelsea in order to stay in Serie A.

The Parma striker will be sold this summer but he’s seemingly ruled out a foreign switch in the interest of his international future.

"I want to remain in Italy because I want to be a part of the 2006 World Cup," he told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

"If I moved abroad, I would run the risk of compromising that possibility."

Stories in the peninsula insist that Gilardino is San Siro bound and he has no problems with a Milan switch.

"I hope everything can be sorted out quickly and with no problems," continued the former Piacenza youngster.

"Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti is a stupendous person and they have some extraordinary players there.

"I’ll be going on holiday from Wednesday and I would like to know by then what team I will be playing for next season."

Gilardino, who helped keep Parma in Serie A by scoring in the survival play-off against Bologna at the weekend, is hungry for silverware.

"I want to win my first trophy with a club," he continued. "Winning the Scudetto or the Champions’ League will remain with you for the rest of your life."

Gilardino concluded by asking his unknown future club a favour. "If possible, I would ask them to sign (Parma teammate Domenico) Morfeo," he remarked.

Smoje
22-06-2005, 06:28
There is no agreement between Milan and Parma, 10 millions euros of difference it's too much for Milan says Galliani...

So Gilardino at this moment is for Chelsea...

Dave
22-06-2005, 06:47
Golardinio must be our next transfer!

Hasan Rossonero
22-06-2005, 06:53
There is no agreement between Milan and Parma, 10 millions euros of difference it's too much for Milan says Galliani...

So Gilardino at this moment is for Chelsea...

nah, even if Parma's asking price is too much it is up to Gila to sign. Parma cannot force him to sign for s**t bag Chelsea or equally odious Real.

Berlusconi should step in. I think Gila is near.

Hitman
22-06-2005, 07:15
From Sportinglife.com:

"With (AC Milan vice-president Adriano) Galliani we have started to talk," said Baraldi.

"But we will also talk with regards to Gilardino with other clubs.

"I don't think it's a deal that will be resolved in the short term."

"Gilardino is perhaps too expensive for Milan," Galliani said. "We haven't been able to do anything during this morning's meeting. Gilardino's transfer is very expensive.

"We are talking about numbers that have been decided by Parma that are not realistic for any club."

Hitman
22-06-2005, 07:21
From Goal.com:

Galliani: Sheva Not For Sale, Gilardino Still Not Ours
6/22/2005 1:45:00 PM
The road leading to the Italian striker is more difficult than expected.
Alberto Gilardino’s future might not be as clear as first expected. Adriano Galliani has in fact revealed that there is still a gap between what Parma are asking and what Milan are offering.

“Gilardino wants to come to Milan, Milan wants him, but there is a big difference between the demand and offer. Right now nothing has happened. It’s a long and expensive path. These are figures which are not within the balance of any club. If anyone wants to make such a madness they can do it.”

Even Parma’s Administrator Luca Baraldi believes that the negotiation will take some time before it can be solved completely.

“It will not resolve in a short period of time. We’re still in the preliminary phase of the negotiation. We didn’t discuss any sum.”

In the meantime, Galliani dismissed the news that Shevchenko is on his way to London after Abramovich made known his intention on signing the Ukrainian forward.

“Sheva was requested by Chelsea, but we told them that he is not for sale.”

Hasan Rossonero
22-06-2005, 07:31
The latest from channel 4 football italia:

Alberto Gilardino’s move to Milan is again in doubt as a result of Parma’s asking price for the striker.

Gialloblu transfer chief Luca Baraldi met with Adriano Galliani this morning, but the latter admitted there was one major problem blocking the swoop.

"Gilardino wants to join Milan and we want him," the Vice-president stated. "But there is some difference between their request and our offer.

"Nothing has been resolved for now. At this moment in time, the figures being mentioned are out of our reach."

Parma are believed to have lowered their initial valuation of £35m to £25m, but that is still seemingly too high for the Rossoneri.

That may now let other clubs join the race, with Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus also keen.

"I don’t think this transfer will be resolved quickly," Baraldi stated. "We had this meeting with Milan today so you can say we have started negotiations.

"But we will now speak to other clubs, who have asked to remain nameless, after making initial enquiries for our player.

"Chelsea? There has been contact on a number of occasions but that is the case with other clubs too."

Gilardino was hoping to have his future resolved by the end of this week, but Baraldi has warned that his transfer could turn into a saga.

"This is a very complicated move because Parma do need to build a new side for next season," he added.

Meanwhile, Milan have reportedly agreed to sell Vikash Dhorasoo to Paris Saint-Germain. PSG will pay £2m and offer the midfielder a two-year contract.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it. The fee appears to be too much for us, something we already knew. Chelsea, ofcourse, can afford anything.

But remember it is up to Gila to sign. For example, recently CSKA and Udinese had reached a deal for Jankulovski.

However, Jankulovski did not sign for CSKA, simply because he did not want to.

So let's hope Gila gives a big :5dito: to Chelsea, Real and whoever else. And let's hope Berlusconi steps in.

Dr Milano
22-06-2005, 08:58
From Goal.com:

Galliani: Sheva Not For Sale, Gilardino Still Not Ours
6/22/2005 1:45:00 PM
The road leading to the Italian striker is more difficult than expected.
Alberto Gilardino’s future might not be as clear as first expected. Adriano Galliani has in fact revealed that there is still a gap between what Parma are asking and what Milan are offering.

“Gilardino wants to come to Milan, Milan wants him, but there is a big difference between the demand and offer. Right now nothing has happened. It’s a long and expensive path. These are figures which are not within the balance of any club. If anyone wants to make such a madness they can do it.”

Even Parma’s Administrator Luca Baraldi believes that the negotiation will take some time before it can be solved completely.

“It will not resolve in a short period of time. We’re still in the preliminary phase of the negotiation. We didn’t discuss any sum.”

In the meantime, Galliani dismissed the news that Shevchenko is on his way to London after Abramovich made known his intention on signing the Ukrainian forward.

“Sheva was requested by Chelsea, but we told them that he is not for sale.”
hey how much is gila for beware guys im at school innit might get in trouble :rone:

Dr Milano
22-06-2005, 09:01
Gilardino wants Italian job
20.6 || webmaster || $source

Source: Football Italia

Milan transfer target Alberto Gilardino is ready to snub Real Madrid and Chelsea in order to stay in Serie A.

The Parma striker will be sold this summer but he’s seemingly ruled out a foreign switch in the interest of his international future.

"I want to remain in Italy because I want to be a part of the 2006 World Cup," he told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

"If I moved abroad, I would run the risk of compromising that possibility."

Stories in the peninsula insist that Gilardino is San Siro bound and he has no problems with a Milan switch.

"I hope everything can be sorted out quickly and with no problems," continued the former Piacenza youngster.

"Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti is a stupendous person and they have some extraordinary players there.

"I’ll be going on holiday from Wednesday and I would like to know by then what team I will be playing for next season."

Gilardino, who helped keep Parma in Serie A by scoring in the survival play-off against Bologna at the weekend, is hungry for silverware.

"I want to win my first trophy with a club," he continued. "Winning the Scudetto or the Champions’ League will remain with you for the rest of your life."

Gilardino concluded by asking his unknown future club a favour. "If possible, I would ask them to sign (Parma teammate Domenico) Morfeo," he remarked.forza gila great disicion from guys dont u think

ARIO
22-06-2005, 11:38
Baraldi will be in a deep sh*t if he doesn't sell Gila to Milan this year. He will cost zero next year....and Gila had already stated he didn't want to go outside Italy....
Galliani will have it wrapped in a day or two i assume.....Maybe in a total cost of 23 million euro + players in a shape of Caracciolo and some young midfielders :eek: .....

Franco6
22-06-2005, 11:52
I think Galliani is only taking some time so to reduce the price. Gila and Milan wants each other only the price set by Parma is a high

albertini_forever
22-06-2005, 12:12
this business made me crazy .. everytime i go online first thing i do is look for Milan Confirmation ... and nothing happend till this time ...

c'mon Milan ....

Henrik
22-06-2005, 12:15
For the convenience of interested members, I merged some other non-frequented Gilardino threads into this one :r11:

Warro Bantan
22-06-2005, 13:54
Gila IMO will be a Milan player next season.

I have to admire Parma´s balls though, trying to use the sale of one player to finance an entire team...whew..talk about cajones!

Still, in light of what happened with Kewell and Leeds and Liverpool, Parma should be very careful, as player power with regard to transfers is at an all time high, and Parma should not try to negotiate Milan out of the picture, for Gila to then refuse to go to Stamford Brigde or the Bernabeau.

If he does so, and maintains his "want away" attitude, they would then be forced to sell the player to Milan, at what ever fee Milan is willing to pay.

So while their 25M pound asking price is somewhat ridiculous, our offer (I believe for 18M) is a good one, and one I think Parma will ultimately take.

Hasan Rossonero
22-06-2005, 15:15
Gila IMO will be a Milan player next season.

I have to admire Parma´s balls though, trying to use the sale of one player to finance an entire team...whew..talk about cajones!

Still, in light of what happened with Kewell and Leeds and Liverpool, Parma should be very careful, as player power with regard to transfers is at an all time high, and Parma should not try to negotiate Milan out of the picture, for Gila to then refuse to go to Stamford Brigde or the Bernabeau.

If he does so, and maintains his "want away" attitude, they would then be forced to sell the player to Milan, at what ever fee Milan is willing to pay.

So while their 25M pound asking price is somewhat ridiculous, our offer (I believe for 18M) is a good one, and one I think Parma will ultimately take.
I agree

I don't think Parma want to lose Gila for free.

I only hope Moggi and MOratti don't jump in :angf:

Christopher
22-06-2005, 15:34
I agree

I don't think Parma want to lose Gila for free.

I only hope Moggi and MOratti don't jump in :angf:

apparently Moggi has his own things to worry about with Cassano :5horse:

jani
22-06-2005, 15:58
yeah and if Juve get Gilardino we can look at Cassano :(


btw, our offer will be £25m + Caracciolo + Sammarco + Abate if my sources are correct

Hasan Rossonero
22-06-2005, 16:04
']yeah and if Juve get Gilardino we can look at Cassano :(


btw, our offer will be £25m + Caracciolo + Sammarco + Abate if my sources are correct

25m! I thought 18 mil + those players? 25 m was said to be too much no?

zlatanov
22-06-2005, 16:52
25 mil euros i.e. 18 mil GB pounds. Mind the currencies guys :)

Henrik
22-06-2005, 17:16
I thought Milans offer was Euro 25m, but that Parma is playing hardball wanting 35m. We'll see soon I guess....

zlatanov
22-06-2005, 18:16
I thought Milans offer was Euro 25m, but that Parma is playing hardball wanting 35m. We'll see soon I guess....
you are right it is just some people are getting confused with the figures 25, 35, 18 so what I said is that 18 mil pounds is namely ~25 mil euros i.e. what Milan are rumoured to be offering. Parma, on he other hand, are asking for 35 mil euros or 25 mil POUNDS - it can definitely get confusing :)

jani
23-06-2005, 00:19
oh sorry about that :D

I honestly thought it was £25m

albertini_forever
23-06-2005, 06:33
CHARGE TO TEN THOUSAND
6/22/2005 6:24:00 PM
The Rossoneri are completely relaxed and compact after putting the bitterness of the end of the season behind them while looking ahead with pride to the new campaign. The official number will arrive tomorrow but the first psychological threshold has been passed: 10,000 fans have signed up for season tickets for the 2005-06 Serie A season. This all happened on the same day Hernan Crespo started his vacation in Sardinia, calm and relaxed knowing what his position is. Not only that, Adriano Galliani confirmed the excellent relationship with Parma and with Chelsea. The chief executive said: 'Our rapport with Parma and Baraldi is very good. We had a very cordial meeting today and there is absolutely no trial of strength with Parma. As for Chelsea, everything is fine, we understand that everyone has their own politics and what is right. We will play them in Boston and New York and in the next few hours we will hear via telephone without any problems what the situation is with Hernan Crespo.'

so galliani's doing fine ... let's pray ... for gila confirmation

:D:D:D:D:

ARIO
23-06-2005, 08:04
GILA IS OURS.......

You guys mark my words.....

The announcement within a day or two.... :5ok:

Wanna bet??? ;)

slicknick
23-06-2005, 09:16
GILA IS OURS.......

You guys mark my words.....

The announcement within a day or two.... :5ok:

Wanna bet??? ;)


I really hope you are right, pal!

albertini_forever
23-06-2005, 09:54
ok ario .. if yoou right ... i'll give rep. point for you !!!
can wait till saturday ...
:D:D:D:D:D

Dave
23-06-2005, 11:32
Can`t wait! Gilla will be a nice player for Milan!

Dr Milano
23-06-2005, 12:03
Can`t wait! Gilla will be a nice player for Milan!
hopefully :delol: :swars: :lazy:

shevagol_7
23-06-2005, 15:06
Does anyone here think that is either gonna be Gilardino or Crespo and not both?

10
23-06-2005, 15:32
Man, 50 pages of this tiresome waiting! I bet he'll end up in Juve in the end! ;)