PDA

View Full Version : Alberto Gilardino to Milan??


Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

killiegradge
18-07-2005, 09:50
Is there any chance that a bid to actually buy Crespo could be plan B?Otherwise who else is out there?Mmichael Owen could be a possibility but again he could be a bench warmer in Milan instead of
Madrid.

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 09:50
KuiLOL! Warro I was biting all the bait you were luring me. This one finally hooked! LOL!
Somehow you've said the right thing. Truce then it is!

Truce? Wouldnt that imply that we were having some sort of dispute? I was never disputing the Registered User of Thunder...listen man, Jamaica just missed getting hit by Hurricane Irene...and I dont want any trouble with you weather people!

I was simply recommending several strategies to help you to calm down, indeed, I have a variety of methods that I use...and openly recommend them to everyone.

Truth is though, that this transfer is one of the most anticipated, yet drawn out that I have experienced for a while...but, I refuse to give up.

Gila will be ours, (heh heh heh) one day....who knows...could be tomorrow!

Kui
18-07-2005, 09:58
Truce? Wouldnt that imply that we were having some sort of dispute? I was never disputing the Registered User of Thunder...listen man, Jamaica just missed getting hit by Hurricane Irene...and I dont want any trouble with you weather people!

I was simply recommending several strategies to help you to calm down, indeed, I have a variety of methods that I use...and openly recommend them to everyone.

Truth is though, that this transfer is one of the most anticipated, yet drawn out that I have experienced for a while...but, I refuse to give up.

Gila will be ours, (heh heh heh) one day....who knows...could be tomorrow!

Well you were right knowing I was turning into a rabid dog. All the bones you were throwing at me just wasnt working til the last one. So when I meant truce I mean to say "uncle".

KhRiS
18-07-2005, 10:04
Kui do you listen to Gregorian, i'm sure you will like it.

Kui
18-07-2005, 10:09
Actually some of it. Something like Veni creator spiritus??? Sure do.

Kui
18-07-2005, 10:34
Boy this thread got quiet all of a sudden!

KhRiS
18-07-2005, 10:36
well we changed the topic, ppl seem only willing to speak about Gila, nothing else, LOL, LOL. Forza Michael Owen.

shevagol_7
18-07-2005, 10:41
According to this Milan are looking at Van Nistlerooy as an alternative to Gilardino:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/july/englhsnews180705.html

mrki
18-07-2005, 10:42
**** owen, we need gila, and i dont believe galliani will just let it go so easely. How long is this gonna last???!!!....

Arjun
18-07-2005, 10:46
You know it's not often that in one summer Milan loses out on 2 players who desperately want to join AC Milan: Crespo and Gilardino. I was very sad to see Hernan go, but to see what is sure to be a sad ending to the Gilardino saga today is painful.

The good news is that we may still get him one day (maybe next yr) and that I think the management will probably make up for it by buying another striker but let's be honest.....it was a little premature to sell JDT and we will hardly get an able replacement for Gilardino. Cassano does not have the right attitude to be a part of AC Milan and RVN will never be sold by Man Utd.

What's more....who cares about these players.....we only wanted Gila! And now we're not going to get him.

Sad day for us :(

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 10:46
well we changed the topic, ppl seem only willing to speak about Gila, nothing else, LOL, LOL. Forza Michael Owen.

I don't want Michael Owen. I would rather have one of the following:

Esposito, Cassano or (last choice) Miccoli.

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 10:48
According to this Milan are looking at Van Nistlerooy as an alternative to Gilardino:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/july/englhsnews180705.html

tribal football is not reliable. Please do not quote it.

shevagol_7
18-07-2005, 10:49
tribal football is not reliable. Please do not quote it.

I know that it isn't reliable. I just wanted to discuss the possibility.

martin
18-07-2005, 10:56
if we miss on gila then lets get a striker like chevanton. we need sum1 with pace. rvn wud b useless to us.

KhRiS
18-07-2005, 11:00
I know that it isn't reliable. I just wanted to discuss the possibility.
finally some truth in the posts. there can be a life without Gila, this what Kui, Nadir and I were talking about.

KhRiS
18-07-2005, 11:02
Saviola, would be a good option too.

Kui
18-07-2005, 11:02
:rollani: What happen to all the OPTIMISM :rollani: Are we not liking our sources now??? or is it maybe we shouldnt have trusted any of it from day one??? I'm amazed at the silence here now! It's quite deafening.

vickirin
18-07-2005, 11:04
if we miss on gila then lets get a striker like chevanton. we need sum1 with pace. rvn wud b useless to us.

I agree :web:

shevagol_7
18-07-2005, 11:04
finally some truth in the posts. there can be a life without Gila, this what Kui, Nadir and I were talking about.

There is life without Gilardino. But I think there is still a possibility of him wearing rossoneri colors next season.

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 11:05
:rollani: What happen to all the OPTIMISM :rollani: Are we not liking our sources now??? or is it maybe we shouldnt have trusted any of it from day one??? I'm amazed at the silence here now! It's quite deafening.
gimme a break man...tribalfootball??? i don't think anyone on here trusts that source.

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 11:07
There is life without Gilardino. But I think there is still a possibility of him wearing rossoneri colors next season.
There is life without Gila..but the fact he is the BEST option out there.

RVN ...please.

I still have hope.

If not Gila then Esposito or Cassano. The Luca Toni ship has sailed.

vickirin
18-07-2005, 11:09
:rollani: What happen to all the OPTIMISM :rollani: Are we not liking our sources now??? or is it maybe we shouldnt have trusted any of it from day one??? I'm amazed at the silence here now! It's quite deafening.

Ok ok we get it. you are so glad this is happening that's great pal but it's too much mocking on our face for my taste

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 11:10
Saviola, would be a good option too.

saviola isnt a good option. he failed at barca. We are milan!!!! we must buy quality, not some rejects from another team!

only good option as an alternative for gilardino is Cassano. a support striker who can let sheva score the goals!! then you see sheva at his best. IMO cassano would be even a better partner for sheva then gilardino. not becouse cassano is a better player but he is a support striker while gilardino is a goalgetter just like sheva.

KhRiS
18-07-2005, 11:10
There is life without Gilardino. But I think there is still a possibility of him wearing rossoneri colors next season.

or maybe this season too. :dstup:

Kui
18-07-2005, 11:11
There is life without Gila..but the fact he is the BEST option out there.

RVN ...please.

I still have hope.

If not Gila then Esposito or Cassano. The Luca Toni ship has sailed.

Well I respect your integrity in what you believe in.

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 11:11
:rollani: What happen to all the OPTIMISM :rollani: Are we not liking our sources now??? or is it maybe we shouldnt have trusted any of it from day one??? I'm amazed at the silence here now! It's quite deafening.
why are you so happy this is happening?? come on, dont be a child, this is no good for milan!! we risk to loose an amazing player who really wants milan;

and there arent so much good alternatives, only cassano...

Kui
18-07-2005, 11:17
why are you so happy this is happening?? come on, dont be a child, this is no good for milan!! we risk to loose an amazing player who really wants milan;

and there arent so much good alternatives, only cassano...

Trust me. I have not been happy what so ever in this deal. How do we risk losing a player we havent even signed??!! We cant accept possesion of something we rightfully dont own!.

Arjun
18-07-2005, 11:18
The Luca Toni ship has sailed.

OH...you can say THAT again......that would have been a f***ing good buy now that you think about it :(

sorry I'm so pissed....just not what I expected my Monday morning to be like. Milan management NEVER behaves like this....they always have their plans perfectly worked out.....what happened this summer was unfortunate.

I guess Parma being under Administration was the problem....not the agent, the player or our club management.

KhRiS
18-07-2005, 11:21
it's not over. keep faith. :1ole:

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 11:23
Trust me. I have not been happy what so ever in this deal. How do we risk losing a player we havent even signed??!! We cant accept possesion of something we rightfully dont own!.

but its obvious he wants to join us!! and it would be very bad not signing him right now. we only have 3 strikers at the moment and 2 of them are very injury prone. so we need another one, a worldclass one! not someone like toni or saviola. and there are not so many worldclass strikers on the market!

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 11:26
And yet, I remain optimistic...f**k what the so called news sites like tribalfootball have to say...gimmie a break...I believe nothing they put on their site.

Gila will either be a Milan player by the end of the summer transfer market, or he will remain a Parma player...which I doubt, as the club, already under administration, cannot afford his wages..

So, though he hasnt arrived today, I still figure he will arrive before this summer´s transfer window closes, or if not, in the winter window.

We have nothing to worry about, Rome, (nor Milan) was built in a day (or a week)

Arjun
18-07-2005, 11:27
and there are not so many worldclass strikers on the market!

there are NONE that meet my level of satisfaction.....it's hard when you compare them to Gilardino.

Roy
18-07-2005, 11:27
It's already 6:22 PM in Italy and no news yet..
We have been following this player for a year, and for the last 2 months we kept making offers..I just don't think that giving an ultimatum is the right thing to do! honestly, i dont mind if gila signs with us on wednesday instead of monday! I just hope Galliani is doing this to put pressure on the Parma Administration.
The only thing that will sadden me if he doesnt sign is that he wants milan so much..he showed how bad if he wants to play with us, and even with the signing of Bobo his intention remained the same..its too bad if we miss on a huge potential that wanted to play for our colors..maybe we all jumped to the conclusion too fast..some people here are right..i even put him on the milan team on the playstation..that is what calciomercato means..dreams and fantasies..well we dreamt, and in less than 6 hours we will know if it will turn to reality..
fingers crossed guys..

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 11:29
there are NONE that meet my level of satisfaction.....it's hard when you compare them to Gilardino.

well i think cassano can do very good partnering sheva. only he has to change mentality, but i think he can do that at milan, with players as maldini, nesta, kaka, sheva around him who are true proffesionals. anyway, gilardino isnt completely lost. this transfer soap had so many ups and downs, this is a huge 'down', but i expect an 'up' very soon ;)

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 11:31
whats in a day? 24 hours? Come on...lets all agree that Galliani is just being trying to call Parma´s bluff...

Watch him wake up to find an sms on his cell phone from Parma tomorrow morning, reading:

"Gila is urs, snd pvt plane 4 him 2day"

Roy
18-07-2005, 11:33
Come on GILAAAAAAAAA!!!

Shevchenko7
18-07-2005, 11:34
whats in a day? 24 hours? Come on...lets all agree that Galliani is just being trying to call Parma´s bluff...

Watch him wake up to find an sms on his cell phone from Parma tomorrow morning, reading:

"Gila is urs, snd pvt plane 4 him 2day"



HAHA. :D

Parma will be playing this aswell, 2 clubs toying with each other - just a bit of fun before the transfer is made.... I hope.... :u56:

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 11:35
I dirigenti del Parma nella sede del Milan
Cinquini in via Turati con Braida. In arrivo Galliani
MILANO - E' l'incontro decisivo per Gilardino al Milan. Oreste Cinquini del Parma è in via Turati nella sede del Milan per definire il passaggio dell'attaccante della Nazionale in rossonero. Per il Milan è presente Ariedo Braida, in arrivo Adriano Galliani e i fratelli Bonetto che curano gli interessi del centravanti. E' ipotizzabile una trattativa ad oltranza.

Roy
18-07-2005, 11:35
what source??

Smoje
18-07-2005, 11:36
Gazzetta dello Sport!!!!

NOW OR NEVER!!!!!!! GILA CAN BE OUR THIS EVENING!!!

Arjun
18-07-2005, 11:36
funny Warro :) at least you said something to make me smile....

I do hope something will happen but this day after day wait is worse that waiting for a girl to call you back.....well wait.....WAY WORSE!! I almost feel like if Parma don't sell today we should tell them to piss off!

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 11:38
Ok Filipez 182...based on my translation, Cinquini, Galliani and Braida are all in Milan meeting to finalise the transfer...but am I correct? Now where is Maltese Charlie when you need him?

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 11:39
what source??
gazzetta.it ;)

parma and milan (braida, galliani) having a meeting...

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 11:41
Ok Filipez 182...based on my translation, Cinquini, Galliani and Braida are all in Milan meeting to finalise the transfer...but am I correct? Now where is Maltese Charlie when you need him?

that was also my translation :D , also members from devilsmania say that

fingers crossed!!! :cool:

Laudrup
18-07-2005, 11:41
Ok Filipez 182...based on my translation, Cinquini, Galliani and Braida are all in Milan meeting to finalise the transfer...but am I correct? Now where is Maltese Charlie when you need him?

You are correct.

E' l'incontro decisivo per Gilardino al Milan.

:nervous:

Roy
18-07-2005, 11:43
anyone who needs translation , i am here

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 11:44
Ok Filipez 182...based on my translation, Cinquini, Galliani and Braida are all in Milan meeting to finalise the transfer...but am I correct? Now where is Maltese Charlie when you need him?
yeah man that is what i gather as well. Although I am still learning Italian :D

Arjun
18-07-2005, 11:44
yes that is what it says. I can translate if you guys want....my Italian is reasonably good when it comes to translation.

Arjun
18-07-2005, 11:46
Well.....unrelated topic: but we just lost Sheva for the US Tour....man I'm disappointed!!!! I'm flying to New York in 10 days :( what a horrible month for news!!!!!!

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 11:46
Well.....unrelated topic: but we just lost Sheva for the US Tour....man I'm disappointed!!!! I'm flying to New York in 10 days :( what a horrible month for news!!!!!!
that sucks bro :|

oon the bright side you will get to see Nesta :D

Roy
18-07-2005, 11:47
I dont want to dream but possible attacking duo in the US is BOBO-GILA
now i wanna shut up and pray

mrki
18-07-2005, 11:47
Its preety quiet on ac.milan so we cant really tell what is going on, But milan wong give up so easely and there is almost 45 days left for transfer window to close so he have time. And dont fool yourself, it would be bad to loose such a magnificent player as gila IS. And galliani certanly wouldnt say anything to the media untill its all over , so there is a real chance that we are signing gila at this moment. FORZA MILAN!! And no way we need RVN!!

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 11:49
Its preety quiet on ac.milan so we cant really tell what is going on, But milan wong give up so easely and there is almost 45 days left for transfer window to close so he have time. And dont fool yourself, it would be bad to loose such a magnificent player as gila IS. And galliani certanly wouldnt say anything to the media untill its all over , so there is a real chance that we are signing gila at this moment. FORZA MILAN!! And no way we need RVN!!

hey buddy off topic : my girfriend is croatian :D

Zdravo?

devoted_dm
18-07-2005, 11:49
Yeeeeaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!

PHUCK Yeeaaah!!!! :rock3:


*calms down, remembers that no official announcement has been made yet*

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 11:51
yes let's all calm ourselves...until it is 100% certain.

Then I will do cartwheels...for now I sit tense at work :(

otoniel
18-07-2005, 11:51
Well.....unrelated topic: but we just lost Sheva for the US Tour....man I'm disappointed!!!! I'm flying to New York in 10 days :( what a horrible month for news!!!!!!

where did you hear about this?? any source

Roy
18-07-2005, 11:53
its on acmilan.com italian version..

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 11:53
18.18 I dirigenti del Parma nella sede del Milan
Milano.
Parma CEO Cinquini is just arrived in AC Milan main building. To attend: Braida and Galliani for AC Milan, Cinquini for Parma, Bonetto Gilardino's agent.
Gazzetta suppose there will be long talkings till overnight

jasstk
18-07-2005, 11:53
what the heck is going on, its monday n parma promised milan to have a deal done, yet nothigns happened, this is so frustrating!!!

mrki
18-07-2005, 11:53
Hasan, zdravo! but, lets just pray for gila for now and we'll excange e-mails latter,ok? Im waiting for gilardino to sign for 1 ****i' year and we cdant loose him now!!! And where is silvio?????? He should be there with some " of the subject " cash and a gun!!

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 11:54
where did you hear about this?? any source
well on la gazzetta it says sheva will be out for 2 weeks...just post-surgery recovery (remember when he broke his face against Cagliari or was it Bologna)

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 11:54
what the heck is going on, its monday n parma promised milan to have a deal done, yet nothigns happened, this is so frustrating!!!

what are you talking about?????

theyre having a meeting right now. read last 10 posts

Arjun
18-07-2005, 11:56
where did you hear about this?? any source

www.acmilan.com - they just announced it 5 minutes ago :(

Shevchenko7
18-07-2005, 11:57
well on la gazzetta it says sheva will be out for 2 weeks...just post-surgery recovery (remember when he broke his face against Cagliari or was it Bologna)

Yeh Cagliari - when we won 1-0 thanks to a late Serginho goal :fero:

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 11:58
dont worry about sheva guys! he will be ready for the important games

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 12:02
funny Warro :) at least you said something to make me smile....

I do hope something will happen but this day after day wait is worse that waiting for a girl to call you back.....well wait.....WAY WORSE!! I almost feel like if Parma don't sell today we should tell them to piss off!


What´s the point in worrying? Life is waaaaay to short to worry...

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 12:07
Hasan, zdravo! but, lets just pray for gila for now and we'll excange e-mails latter,ok? Im waiting for gilardino to sign for 1 ****i' year and we cdant loose him now!!! And where is silvio?????? He should be there with some " of the subject " cash and a gun!!
ok buddy :D

I am waiting...hoping for success prepared for the worst.

Maltese Charlie
18-07-2005, 12:09
Ok Filipez 182...based on my translation, Cinquini, Galliani and Braida are all in Milan meeting to finalise the transfer...but am I correct? Now where is Maltese Charlie when you need him?

Hey Warro, I'm still here on the Island!!!! Today its very hot, 35degrees Celcius. On the 22nd August I'm leaving to Cape Town. :coffee: :devf:

Relax and drink a cold lager for me.

In few hours more hope everything will be OK.


Milan: Gilardino, si tratta in via Turati
Lun 18 Lug, 6:53 PM



Dopo l’incontro in Lega Calcio, alle 18 di lunedì i dirigenti di Parma e Milan si sono spostati in via Turati a Milano, sede della società rossonera, per proseguire la trattativa riguardante Alberto Gilardino. "Ci vuole pazienza" , è stato l`unico commento di un sorridente Ariedo Braida che vede più vicina la conclusione dell`affare.

Sembra scontato, infatti, che in via Turati vengano definiti gli ultimi dettagli e portato a termine il trasferimento di Gilardino al Milan. Per Beppe Bonetto, procuratore del giocatore "E’ impossibile quindi dire l`ora e il minuto in cui si concludera, i colloqui sono stati abbastanza produttivi: non conosco la parola ottimismo e quindi non faccio previsioni. Dico solo che continuando a trattare". Pare che anche Gilardino sia atteso nella sede rossonera.

jasstk
18-07-2005, 12:13
isnt galliani in a meeting for serie a tho??

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 12:14
Hey Warro, I'm still here on the Island!!!!
Milan: Gilardino, si tratta in via Turati
Lun 18 Lug, 6:53 PM



Dopo l’incontro in Lega Calcio, alle 18 di lunedì i dirigenti di Parma e Milan si sono spostati in via Turati a Milano, sede della società rossonera, per proseguire la trattativa riguardante Alberto Gilardino. "Ci vuole pazienza" , è stato l`unico commento di un sorridente Ariedo Braida che vede più vicina la conclusione dell`affare.

Sembra scontato, infatti, che in via Turati vengano definiti gli ultimi dettagli e portato a termine il trasferimento di Gilardino al Milan. Per Beppe Bonetto, procuratore del giocatore "E’ impossibile quindi dire l`ora e il minuto in cui si concludera, i colloqui sono stati abbastanza produttivi: non conosco la parola ottimismo e quindi non faccio previsioni. Dico solo che continuando a trattare". Pare che anche Gilardino sia atteso nella sede rossonera.

Thanks for the weather update Charlie...what I wanted was your translation skills, like for the above...but I guess what it says is that Gila is also in Milan for this meeting..or something like that...

And that the meeting is ongoing, but the plan is to resolve the transfer once and for all..

So...am I right my Italian speaking friends out there?

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 12:15
Thanks for the weather update Charlie...what I wanted was your translation skills, like for the above...but I guess what it says is that Gila is also in Milan for this meeting..or something like that...

And that the meeting is ongoing, but the plan is to resolve the transfer once and for all..

So...am I right my Italian speaking friends out there?
yes you are...i am so pumped man...i can barely sit in my chair

My enthusiasm is tempered though by the fact that no announcement has been made.

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 12:16
isnt galliani in a meeting for serie a tho??


That meeting was over some time ago..

I think I will just :whie: around for a while.....wheeeee!

jasstk
18-07-2005, 12:20
well, it looks like its gonna be a long day here in canada, ill be sittin here at the computer till i see "gila joins milan" lolol

Smoje
18-07-2005, 12:22
well, it looks like its gonna be a long day here in canada, ill be sittin here at the computer till i see "gila joins milan" lolol

Me too in Spain, but here is already 19:22 PM what time is in Canada now?

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 12:22
yes you are...i am so pumped man...i can barely sit in my chair

My enthusiasm is tempered though by the fact that no announcement has been made.

Relax Hasan..the meeting hasnt started that long ago..they probably have just finished the appetizers, and have just poured a glass of wine.

After the wine, they will have a cigar or two, then, when they think the fans have sweated enough, they will start the meeting officially.

Then they will make the announcement in time for tomorrow´s first editions.

Shevchenko7
18-07-2005, 12:22
well, it looks like its gonna be a long day here in canada, ill be sittin here at the computer till i see "gila joins milan" lolol

That was my plan aswell but its nealry 3:00 am here and I need sleep :v46:

Filipéz 182
18-07-2005, 12:24
it wont be official today iMO. an agreement can be reached today but then they probably will anounce it tomorrow.

jasstk
18-07-2005, 12:25
so like, say the deal doesnt go through, what do you think will happen? you think milan will still keep goin on him, or look for someone else?

devoted_dm
18-07-2005, 12:37
so like, say the deal doesnt go through, what do you think will happen? you think milan will still keep goin on him, or look for someone else?

I think they will look for someone else. Galliani has said that today is the last day that they'll be negotiating for Gilardino, and that if no deal was reached by tomorrow, they would look for other options.

jasstk
18-07-2005, 12:40
ne ideas who u think they can buy?? lol i would love to see cassano come to milan but that would never happen :d33:

seven!
18-07-2005, 12:41
:v408: :v408: :v408:

Please Galliani , People need sleep it's almost 01.00 in Indonesia , and i just like a GEEK waiting in front of the computer for about 12 hours!!!
Plese please please ....
Make the official announcement!!
And then we will go :5guitar:
or :cheers:

CuoreRossoNero
18-07-2005, 12:47
"Sarà una lunga notte". Così Marcello Bonetto, procuratore di Alberto Gilardino, sulla trattativa a oltranza che vedrà impegnate Milan e Parma per il trasferimento del giocatore.

Not a good sign for those of us waiting by the PC for the official announcement. Looks like this may take a while.

devoted_dm
18-07-2005, 12:48
ne ideas who u think they can buy?? lol i would love to see cassano come to milan but that would never happen :d33:

Well I don't really know... If the Gila deal falls through, I am hoping for Northampton Town's Scott McGleish.

Arjun
18-07-2005, 12:51
I hope they can re-sign Ibrahim Ba and perhaps Maurizio Ganz...............





.......KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoje
18-07-2005, 12:52
Long Evening and Long night ahead people!! Let see what happens...

m1ke
18-07-2005, 12:54
Long Evening and Long night ahead people!! Let see what happens...
I've got the beers in :devs:

Gio-mania
18-07-2005, 12:56
I hope they can re-sign Ibrahim Ba and perhaps Maurizio Ganz...............





.......KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha, lol....
im in the same timezone as italy...
so not a big deal for me-
yet i hope it'll be official before 20:00, so i can see it on TG1

Lancelot
18-07-2005, 12:58
I am here too, lets see...waiting for the official announcement :)

CuoreRossoNero
18-07-2005, 13:12
I can't see this ending badly. I think it is just a matter of time until we read........ "GILA HAS SIGNED WITH MILAN!!"

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 13:12
I can't see this ending badly. I think it is just a matter of time until we read........ "GILA HAS SIGNED WITH MILAN!!"
let's pray

KhRiS
18-07-2005, 13:15
Deal is done, it will be official tommorrow morning. finally.

mk18
18-07-2005, 13:16
could some1 remind me if we agreed on a fee with parma or is there still that 1.5M euro difference between their asking price and our offer? ... if so i personally would be ready to pay that 1.5 million just to have him here

Fox@Mulder
18-07-2005, 13:17
Deal is done, it will be official tommorrow morning. finally.

what´s your source??

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 13:17
is this a gut feeling?

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 13:18
could some1 remind me if we agreed on a fee with parma or is there still that 1.5M euro difference between their asking price and our offer? ... if so i personally would be ready to pay that 1.5 million just to have him here

Milan are offering 24 mill. Parma want 26. There was a clause in Gila's contract that said if he was sold for more than 20 mill he would get 2. He is prepared to not take that money.

Dr Milano
18-07-2005, 13:22
Milan will sign him tommorow as someone said at top cant remember his/her name but he /she said so no need to worry gila is ours know

Xudong
18-07-2005, 13:23
From Devilsmania

All the Italian private television and Sky Sport Italy: Gilardino is going to Milan (by car) with his father to sign new contract with Milan.

Rumours say that the announce will be given during STUDIO MILAN at Milan Channel


Carolina72

Smoje
18-07-2005, 13:24
Until the official announcement, I just receive two books:

"Inter, no, grazie!, come non diventare intertristi e vivece felice" -> Inter, No thanks!, how avoid "intertristi" (inter-sad) and live happy (2002 book)

"Il Diavolo Dell'' Est" -> The East Demon (Andrey Shevchenko, 2001 book)

Interesting lecture until the Gilardino arrive (I hope)

meazza
18-07-2005, 13:28
i thought today was to be D-day for the gila transfer saga, the working day is over and nothing.

ariel
18-07-2005, 13:32
It`s really annoying.I just want to hear the news already,and i mean official news(whatever the outcome!)plus i want this `will ye ,nill ye` story with Parma over already..........and speaking of wishes, i want a flat near San Siro:D

Maldinista
18-07-2005, 13:34
Just when we were all starting to despair, there's hope again!

Several Italian sources are now reporting that Parma's management is in talks with Milan's management at Via Turati as we speak (Braida is there, Galliani on his way). Gilardino and his agent are on their way as well. This looks like it could be the decisive day after all.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?search=gilardino&x=0&y=0

http://www.tifonet.it/notizie/articolo.php?codice=11530&sn=tmw
http://www.kataweb.it/news/index.jsp?s=sport&l=dettaglio&id=1033557
http://sport.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200529/cmc_85138.html
http://sport.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200529/cmc_85140.html

Gilardino's agent is quoted as saying it'll be a long night. As long as Gilardino is ours at the end of the night, it'll all be worth it.

Fingers crossed, people!

devoted_dm
18-07-2005, 13:37
Just when we were all starting to despair, there's hope again!

Several Italian sources are now reporting that Parma's management is in talks with Milan's management at Via Turati as we speak (Braida is there, Galliani on his way). Gilardino and his agent are on their way as well. This looks like it could be the decisive day after all.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?search=gilardino&x=0&y=0

http://www.tifonet.it/notizie/articolo.php?codice=11530&sn=tmw
http://www.kataweb.it/news/index.jsp?s=sport&l=dettaglio&id=1033557
http://sport.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200529/cmc_85138.html
http://sport.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200529/cmc_85140.html

Gilardino's agent is quoted as saying it'll be a long night. As long as Gilardino is ours at the end of the night, it'll all be worth it.

Fingers crossed, people!


Hello Mr Oldnews :cool:

mrki
18-07-2005, 13:37
Well, im tired and I logged on to this page about 1000000 times untill now ( just today). But if the negotiations are on it is good, 1 or 2 mil. will not be a problem for milan or parma. And if gila is on his way its really a GOOD news!!
Lets just keep our fingers cross! I havent been so nervous since....istambul ....hope this is going to be a happy ending

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 13:57
Gimmie an R! R! Gimmie an E! E Gimmie an L! L Gimmie an A! A! Gimmie an X! X!

All together now....RELAX....RELAX...RELAX...and in the refrain of the pop song..Relax, dont do it, when you wann come...

Ok, sorry, moment of frivolity there...ok guys, go to sleep, and tomorrow, you will all have the headlines you want to see...

CuoreRossoNero
18-07-2005, 13:59
Gimmie an R! R! Gimmie an E! E Gimmie an L! L Gimmie an A! A! Gimmie an X! X!

All together now....RELAX....RELAX...RELAX...and in the refrain of the pop song..Relax, dont do it, when you wann come...

Ok, sorry, moment of frivolity there...ok guys, go to sleep, and tomorrow, you will all have the headlines you want to see...

It's only 3 in the afternoon...... I don't want to go to sleep :smileani:

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 13:59
Gimmie an R! R! Gimmie an E! E Gimmie an L! L Gimmie an A! A! Gimmie an X! X!

All together now....RELAX....RELAX...RELAX...and in the refrain of the pop song..Relax, dont do it, when you wann come...

Ok, sorry, moment of frivolity there...ok guys, go to sleep, and tomorrow, you will all have the headlines you want to see...
gazzetta has said that gilardino has arrived at via turati and apparently the announcment is near.

zlatanov
18-07-2005, 14:01
Well, gazzetta just reported that Gila himself is in Milan's main office along with the other gang members. I wonder why he is there if he is not going to be signing something ... and I doubt he would be signing autographs for Parma fans in via Turati.

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 14:03
dude i can't sit still

Lancelot
18-07-2005, 14:04
If gazzeta is right, its a done deal...

Why else will he be there, unless he was to sign the paper?

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

mrki
18-07-2005, 14:05
C'monnnnn............ Gila, just take the stupid paper and sign yourself up for next season as a rossonero!!!

mk18
18-07-2005, 14:08
its a long wayyyyy ... to the top... if you wanna rock n roll!!!!

Maltese Charlie
18-07-2005, 14:08
Milan, Gia' Pronta La Maglia Numero 10 Per Gilardino
Lun 18 Lug, 8:17 PM

(AGI/DS) - Milano, 18 lug. - Sarebbe gia' pronta la maglia numero 10 del Milan per Alberto Gilardino, l'attaccante del Milan che sta arrivando a Milano in via Turati, sede della societa' rossonera, dove si sta perfezionando il suo passaggio dal Parma al Milan. Attualmente la maglia numero 10 appartiene a Rui Costa. Questo e' quanto si apprende da indiscrezioni. -

In short is says that the Number 10 Milan's Jersey is waiting for Gelardino.

shoryuken
18-07-2005, 14:10
If gazzeta is right, its a done deal...

Why else will he be there, unless he was to sign the paper?

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Indeed! If the answer was no, why is he there personally :cool:

Smoje
18-07-2005, 14:11
Well, what happens with Rui Costa then? Gilardino will wear the number 11!!!

CuoreRossoNero
18-07-2005, 14:11
MILANO - Alberto Gilardino è entrato da pochi minuti nella sede del Milan. L'attaccante del Parma è entrato in macchina da un ingresso secondario, e ora è atteso solo l'annuncio di Adriano Galliani che dovrebbe comunicare l'acquisto del giocatore.

This gives me shivers. Hopefully we hear announcement real sooooon!!!

MATNAT
18-07-2005, 14:12
can someone give me the web address for the most up-to-date, minute by minute account for italian football news please?

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 14:17
can someone give me the web address for the most up-to-date, minute by minute account for italian football news please?

www.gazzetta.it
www.tgcom.it
www.calciomercato.com

shoryuken
18-07-2005, 14:17
can someone give me the web address for the most up-to-date, minute by minute account for italian football news please?

In addition this is pretty good:

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/fo/milan/index.html


It's all Italian though.

zlatanov
18-07-2005, 14:17
can someone give me the web address for the most up-to-date, minute by minute account for italian football news please?
www.gazzetta.it/calcio - look in the "Ultim'Ora" news on the right.
www.tgcom.it/sport
www.calciomercato.com
One of these three will be the first to announce it, even before the official website. My money is on gazzetta, though.

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 14:18
Its Official ON GAZZETTA WE GOT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoryuken
18-07-2005, 14:19
21.16 Ufficiale, Gilardino al Milan
L'attaccante: "Finalmente sono dei rossoneri"

MILANO - E' ufficiale: Alberto Gilardino è del Milan. Lo ha annunciato lo stesso attaccante uscendo dalla sede dei rossoneri: "FInalmente sono del Milan" ha dichiarato.

:p017:

m1ke
18-07-2005, 14:20
Excellent news :D

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 14:20
Well, gazzetta just reported that Gila himself is in Milan's main office along with the other gang members. I wonder why he is there if he is not going to be signing something ... and I doubt he would be signing autographs for Parma fans in via Turati.

Zlats, thats the best one yet.... :devs:

IMO, he could be there to get a tour of Milan, and just stopped in to say hi to Galliani et al...

Or he could be there to buy a Milan replica jersey, since that may be the only way he will get to wear one next season...

Or he could be there to sign for Inter....:haha:

MATNAT
18-07-2005, 14:20
thanks gentlemen!!

CuoreRossoNero
18-07-2005, 14:21
It's Done!!! This is absolutely incredible. Gilardino and Sheva up front is lethal.

I want the season to start tomorrow now.

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 14:21
We finally got him...i feel like crying with joy..or maybe just letting out a big yell in the office!!!!!

MATNAT
18-07-2005, 14:21
Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

:diablo:

zlatanov
18-07-2005, 14:22
Milan, Gia' Pronta La Maglia Numero 10 Per Gilardino
Lun 18 Lug, 8:17 PM

(AGI/DS) - Milano, 18 lug. - Sarebbe gia' pronta la maglia numero 10 del Milan per Alberto Gilardino, l'attaccante del Milan che sta arrivando a Milano in via Turati, sede della societa' rossonera, dove si sta perfezionando il suo passaggio dal Parma al Milan. Attualmente la maglia numero 10 appartiene a Rui Costa. Questo e' quanto si apprende da indiscrezioni. -

In short is says that the Number 10 Milan's Jersey is waiting for Gelardino.
I doubt Milan will take the numero 10 jersey from Rui and give it to Gila. In fact, Gila plays with #11 for Parma and it is vacant after Crespo left. Vieri is probably gonna go with the 32 again.

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 14:22
FOR ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVED (you know who you are) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Lancelot
18-07-2005, 14:23
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Smoje
18-07-2005, 14:23
you can post now in the official post of Gilardino :P

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 14:24
We finally got him...i feel like crying with joy..or maybe just letting out a big yell in the office!!!!!
Cartwheels Hasan, remember your promise to do Cartwheels...and in your office as well (dont worry, if they fire you, I will hire you as soon as you can get to Jamaica!!!)

Gila is finally ours....well done Galliani aka Mr I. Play-Hardball! :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

mk18
18-07-2005, 14:25
thank you god!!!

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 14:25
Oh man i can barely speak...a guy my size (6'3") 210 would look funny doing cartwheels

BUT WHAT THE HECK I DID ONE IN MY OFFICE ANYWAY!

MATNAT
18-07-2005, 14:26
Oh man i can barely speak...a guy my size (6'3") 210 would look funny doing cartwheels

BUT WHAT THE HECK I DID ONE IN MY OFFICE ANYWAY!


LOL... HILARIOUS!!

zlatanov
18-07-2005, 14:27
FOR ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVED (you know who you are) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
you are welcome :5ok: :grinser:
Well, congrats to all Milan fans, optimists or pessimists, we all love this club. :firedev: :rone: :3band:

Hasan Rossonero
18-07-2005, 14:27
you are welcome :5ok: :grinser:
Well, congrats to all Milan fans, optimists or pessimists, we all love this club. :firedev: :rone: :3band:

ABSOULTELY...we are all united.

zlatanov you were 100% correct all along!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Xudong
18-07-2005, 14:30
great news. :D

shoryuken
18-07-2005, 14:31
ALBERTO GILARDINO E' DEL MILAN!
18/07/2005
MILANO - Ufficiale! Alberto Gilardino al Milan! Il giocatore, ancora prima dell'annuncio, si è collegato in diretta con Milan Channel: 'Sono molto contento, è stata una trattativa lunga che fortunatamente si è risolta per il meglio. Di questa squadra mi affascina tutto: la società, la storia, i grandi giocatori che ne fanno parte. Perchè ho scelto il Milan? Perchè è il club più forte in campo europeo e per me è un grande onore vestire questa maglia'.


acmilan.com

Warro Bantan
18-07-2005, 14:31
ABSOULTELY...we are all united.

zlatanov you were 100% correct all along!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Well well well, how quickly we forget! :rollani: But give Zlat his props, he, along with myself, were one of the few optimists left posting on this thread...

United? (As long as we arent Manchester Broncos United!!!) :D

devoted_dm
18-07-2005, 14:31
As Mr Burns would say: Excellent...


:delol:

Reza
18-07-2005, 14:38
Finally after 1600+ replies here :D

:cool:

Debs
11-12-2006, 10:59
This is a bit unusual, but I was asked to re-open this thread and here is part of the request:
"I'd like to re-open this thread in response to those who are harshly criticizing him now. You see... the sentiment has changed and I'd like for them to explain their earlier reasons for supporting him til now with their condemnations..."


I considered it an unusual request yes, but then I remembered the Gila's arrival was touted as beign a good thing. We'll try this and see what happens. If things get out of hand, it will be closed.

Kui
11-12-2006, 11:18
Thank you Debs. It was my request and would ask you all for some comments regarding what is happening now and what has changed the minds of some. Some of you still support Gila now and back then, yet others have done a total 180 degree turn. Those with a different opinion of him now, I ask you now for an explanation.

Keep the debate clean is all that I ask.

Warro Bantan
11-12-2006, 12:06
Good one Kui!!! Yup...lets see what happens here!

Sempre Milan!
11-12-2006, 12:35
Good one indead! I wasn't around here when this opened but I will love to see the reasons as i support Gila more now than I did last season! I always liked him, but since he is the "reason" for milan's bad form, the Gila-jinx as some say, i feel for the lad and I don't feel that he should be getting all the blame! But he has my support through and through and I know he can get there and fine that form he had at Parma!

Forza Gila! Forza Milan

San Ringhio
11-12-2006, 13:26
Interesting idea, I look forward to reading the replies here. Like Sempre Milan!, I wasn't here when the thread opened, but I still support Gila-- and for pretty much the same reasons.

Every game, I see his frustration, his anger at himself for every near miss, and you can see in his eyes how desperately he wants to be the man he was at Parma. And now he's said in interviews that he "wants only Milan". He is trying so hard to fight for the red and black, for his fellow players and for us fans, that I can't find it in myself to have anything other than respect for him and faith in what he wants so badly to be for the team. The harder he tries, the more desperately he wants it and the more pressure and blame he has to defy to get it-- that just make me support him more and more. This season, when he does score (though sadly it's not very often), there's a certain fury in his celebrations: he surely knows he's defying not only the opposition team, but all the Milan fans who blame him and refuse to believe.

The pressure on him is enormous, much greater than I feel he deserves; he cannot count anymore on his fans or even his luck, but he keeps fighting on. If that's not the rossonero spirit, I don't know what is.

Forza Gila!

Pireloke
11-12-2006, 13:32
I have the 05-06 away jersey with his name and number printed on, I had it custom made before it appeared in the shops even, so that proves that at the time I believed in him, I was satisfied with his 05-06 season as he scored regulary.

Now my jersey is in my closet, next to my 3 Sheva ones, because when I put either of those on one thing is absolutely certain : I'm going to see faces laughing at me in the street and I will get into arguments (or maybe headbutt someone who gives a remark even), so they remain there, in the closet to preserve the peace in the known universe.

That is what has changed, not for me, as I still believe somehow he will get back to his old self and is just very unlucky atm, but for the general perception of the player Gilardino to the outside world went from hero to zero, he is now a mockery, even to some Milan fans so you can imagine other team fans.

Tony29.
11-12-2006, 13:36
Good idea Kui, but there's one little problem...


...The ones who now attack Gila weren't MM members when this topic was closed
:)

zZ[-_-]Zz
11-12-2006, 13:39
even if i was a member... it doesn't change a thing... because i was a Milan fan even before joinin' this forum & way before Gilardino came... and i was not exactly excited when he did come... tho i was willin' to give him the cushion of the first season to convince me of his abilities... and this is his second season... of which i only started my judgement on him... this bein' one reason behind why i still don't want to discuss much about Borriello & Oliveira...

Debs
11-12-2006, 13:42
All I ask is that any discussions here stay civil, including when it comes to Gila himself. Quickest way to get this topic closed again is to get all nasty and rude and insulting.... :gun:

San Ringhio
11-12-2006, 15:12
All I ask is that any discussions here stay civil, including when it comes to Gila himself. Quickest way to get this topic closed again is to get all nasty and rude and insulting.... :gun:

If you guys close threads when people get nasty and rude and insulting, why is the "What is so bad about Gilardino?" thread in the Players section still open (re: page 26 and beyond)? Just curious what the standard is around here.

Jeff
11-12-2006, 15:16
If you guys close threads when people get nasty and rude and insulting, why is the "What is so bad about Gilardino?" thread in the Players section still open (re: page 26 and beyond)? Just curious what the standard is around here.

Nasty and Rude and Insulting gets far beyond that, and usually we close down / lock / delete those threads very quickly, so not many people will notice.

Please refer to the rule of the forum:

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17434

and also those who have been barred / banned:

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20750

in order to gain a better understanding of how it works.

In general, moderators are strongly against the notion to close / delete / change a topic.

peters
11-12-2006, 18:00
Not so good idea, another thread where people will word-fight about the thing that was already said couple of times.

There's no mistery. He came with expectations, he had mediocre first season (inzaghi scored almost as much as he, but played less). He didnt perform when we needed him (again thanks to inzaghi and sheva for saving our ass in CL). Now its his second season, he plays a lot and delivers none. Many of us hate his (intentional) instability, offside standing, inaccurate shooting, maybe selfishnes (not lately). Thinking about him now, i dont see a milan passion in him anymore. If he tries, if he scores, if he works... i get the feeling he is doing all that for himself, just because he knows his performances are terrible. So he puts himself under pressure, and so he is nervous, he misses, he feels even more pressure... bewitched circle. Dont even remember when was the last time i saw 'gilla puts milan through/on top' headline.

Just to answer your question. It wasn't 180 turn, because he was never at peak in milan. All my support was (ans still is, what's left) from believing in his skills, passion, his bright future in our club - which are nowhere to be seen. Questions like 'why is he worse than any other milan striker' are too shallow to be answered (again and again). Thats my view and i wont even discuss about it further.

There is a question from me though... i keep reading boriello aint milan material. and gilla is? Based on what? Who says boriello with winning milan team cant bag 16 box-goals in a season?

rahul.acm
11-12-2006, 18:08
Everything aside. I am reading a lot of stuff about him on the r&b forum. Members are saying there that he was involved in a gay orgy on a boat in Sardinia along with Francesco Coco and others. Then, he isn't having a good time with his Girlfriend (which girl will like an alleged brokeback). Then his photo scandal. I guess these things are also affecting him.

Pireloke
11-12-2006, 18:26
Everything aside. I am reading a lot of stuff about him on the r&b forum. Members are saying there that he was involved in a gay orgy on a boat in Sardinia along with Francesco Coco and others.

Let me guess which members, or rather which member... Passion for 9, the german she-male troll. No?

hitmannq8
11-12-2006, 20:15
Everything aside. I am reading a lot of stuff about him on the r&b forum. Members are saying there that he was involved in a gay orgy on a boat in Sardinia along with Francesco Coco and others. Then, he isn't having a good time with his Girlfriend (which girl will like an alleged brokeback). Then his photo scandal. I guess these things are also affecting him.

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH was he really rumoured to be in that orgy?? THAT WAS HILARIOUS..The Francesco Cocu part was the icing on the cake!

Jeff
11-12-2006, 20:15
Gusy, if we want to talkabout Gila, let's go back to the "What's so bad about GIla" so that posters can just concentrate on one thread. thank you.

Josh-Sheva
12-12-2006, 01:34
Long timesince I been here. Lots has been happening... Cheers to all of you guys ;)

Sempre Milan!
12-12-2006, 05:26
Interesting idea, I look forward to reading the replies here. Like Sempre Milan!, I wasn't here when the thread opened, but I still support Gila-- and for pretty much the same reasons.

Every game, I see his frustration, his anger at himself for every near miss, and you can see in his eyes how desperately he wants to be the man he was at Parma. And now he's said in interviews that he "wants only Milan". He is trying so hard to fight for the red and black, for his fellow players and for us fans, that I can't find it in myself to have anything other than respect for him and faith in what he wants so badly to be for the team. The harder he tries, the more desperately he wants it and the more pressure and blame he has to defy to get it-- that just make me support him more and more. This season, when he does score (though sadly it's not very often), there's a certain fury in his celebrations: he surely knows he's defying not only the opposition team, but all the Milan fans who blame him and refuse to believe.

The pressure on him is enormous, much greater than I feel he deserves; he cannot count anymore on his fans or even his luck, but he keeps fighting on. If that's not the rossonero spirit, I don't know what is.

Forza Gila!


I couldn't have said it better myself, this is what I see to!
If some of you gila haters don't see it then you are indenial! He loves this club so much more than you guys give him credit for! And he isn't the only one that is at fault so bugger off about it! I can understand if, IF, he isn't trying but he is, he has been the one trying the most! When he scored those 3 goals-
1.) against Inter he ran up to the fans and saluted them, and then when kaka got the 3rd in that game, he went jumping up and down and waving his arms like Gattuso does to get the fans, going! He lives for each cheer a fans gives him! It's the one thing that gets him going!
2.) In our 4-1 drubbing of Anderlecht! I am not sure if you realsied it but Gila first won the PK, then set up Kaka's 3rd goal and scored the 4th goal! Once he had scored it, he ran to the fans and started hitting the window where the fans were... he was thanking the fans, as they are a group of true Milanisti who never gave up on him, they had a sign saying Gila Mania! He loves it, and after the game he said that he thanked the fans that have stood behind him!
3.) 2-2 against Cagliari-ok might have been a tinge offside but still, he ran to the fans, the few fans that have supported has got him through this time, and he knows that once he scores maybe some respect will be given his way!
He so desperetly doesn't want to leave this club, he just wants to have a fair go without everyone looking down on him! I doubt he was in that Orgy thing, he is such a humble guy, and he has an incredible personality, I highly doubt he would get himself into such trouble especially when things are bad for him already!
I want to ask you guys, if sheva was still with us but he is performing the way he is now at Chelsea would he be given the same amount of hate that some of you Gila haters have been giving him???

Gila was born a true rossonero and he lives for each cheer and goal he gets, I am sorry to see that some of you "milanisti" actually hate the guy, because I team inks and rises together not by the fault of one person....
I wasn't expecting him to do a Luca Toni and score 30 goals a season but if he hlps us as well as all the other forwards then I would think there would be no problem!

San Ringhio
12-12-2006, 16:46
He so desperetly doesn't want to leave this club, he just wants to have a fair go without everyone looking down on him! I doubt he was in that Orgy thing, he is such a humble guy, and he has an incredible personality, I highly doubt he would get himself into such trouble especially when things are bad for him already!
I want to ask you guys, if sheva was still with us but he is performing the way he is now at Chelsea would he be given the same amount of hate that some of you Gila haters have been giving him???

Very good question. What kills me is how so many so-called "Milanisti" want Sheva back-- Sheva, who is not only having a disappointing season at Chelsea but proved in the end to be totally disloyal to Milan-- while they continue to hate a guy who sincerely cares about his team and wants nothing more than to stay at his club and fight on in the name of his (ungrateful) fans.

As for the gay orgy thing, I don't care one way or the other really; it's my firm belief that whatever he wants to do in his personal life is his business, not mine (though I too doubt he'd take a publicity risk like that at this point, now that he's already under so much media scrutiny). All I care about is that he plays for Milan with passion, dedication and heart: that's what I see him doing every game, and that's why I support him.

@Jeff:
Thanks, that was certainly enlightening. I guess I had made an incorrect assumption that rules like "members who insist on continually and repeatedly being rude and disrespectful should expect consequences" apply equally to everyone, with no exemptions for members of the in-crowd. I'm new to the concept of such low standards for rule adherence and post quality, but I'll try to reduce my standards accordingly!

SANT
12-12-2006, 18:00
I'm new to the concept of such low standards for rule adherence and post quality, but I'll try to reduce my standards accordingly!

Please don't reduce the standards... help us set them higher...

Jeff
12-12-2006, 19:11
@Jeff:
Thanks, that was certainly enlightening. I guess I had made an incorrect assumption that rules like "members who insist on continually and repeatedly being rude and disrespectful should expect consequences" apply equally to everyone, with no exemptions for members of the in-crowd. I'm new to the concept of such low standards for rule adherence and post quality, but I'll try to reduce my standards accordingly!

There are some really disrespectful posts before (but which we have, of course, deleted or modified). The MAIN objective is always to allow free conversation and discussion between members. We understand that sometimes discussion can get really heated, but that doesn't mean that we should modify these posts. To ensure 'high quality' post is also subjective, since no one argument can be the most correct answer (but though it exists more correct explanation for certain matters).

I invite you and the rest of the members to continue to post well-thought, well-organized, and substantiated posts so that the quality of our forum will go higher.

J

Kui
14-12-2006, 03:51
Thanks for your folks response here in this re-opened thread. I must say that I'm pleased at the fair headedness of the recent posters. Thanks SANT and Jeff for maintaining the decorum here as well.
Let me give some answers for some who asked why this thread was re-opened? I did so make this request so that we can refer to what our blind expectations were before Gila came and now in some ways, our way over the board over-expectation of him now. The whole point of this all was to see the drastic contrast of then and now and what the fans always expect management ought to do. Someway and somehow, we as fans need to be careful of our expectations, especially when we demand the executives and President to acquire certain players in a given transfer season. Now... I know many here this season have doubts and question the abilities of our executives, training staff, and players. All I hope is that you all keep a fair and level head and let this team follow its destiny, win or not. Over the recents 2 decades, this team, execs, coaches, players have never failed us. They have given us fans a record to be much proud of. Dont let your over expectations outweigh the over-all successes of this club just because the seasons not going well.
Again thanks for keeping it clean.
Thank You Debs for having faith in the members keeping it that way as well. Kudos to the mods!

Kui
14-12-2006, 04:12
Good idea Kui, but there's one little problem...


...The ones who now attack Gila weren't MM members when this topic was closed
:)

Whether certain members are on record or not, really doesnt matter. I just needed to point out what happens when we fans think we know what's best for this club.

As far as my record on Gila. Well I do remember being adamant about not acquiring him. It wasnt a question really of his potential, but of the price that Milan were bidding and the ramification of our team line-up regarding strikers. No doubt that the whole football world wasnt going to let us get Gila, sign Crespo, and keep Sheva. So mercato wise, we lost out... BIG TIME on the expectations of so many. If there is something to hold management accountable for it would be this whole transaction affair.
I theorize the Gila transfer was in some way supposed to allow a clean break away for Sheva. Chelsea needed some insurance and did so by not allowing us to sign Crespo. Now all of this would have been fine and dandy and ok with everybody had Gila turned out to be what so many expected... a superb Gem. Well... that is not the case as of yet. The result??? A dependable Crespo who unfortunately plays for our cousins on the dark side, a legendary great who people have forsaken over any sound and fari judgement, and a potential great who many expect to be something too much too early. Can it get worse??? YES IT CAN. It can in the aspects of ATTITUDE especially the attitudes of fans. We've become way to dependable at busting the morale of anything this club has to offer. If we expect this team to stop the bleed, it would be nice if we refrain from bloodying their noses after every gameday. Makes it only harder for players to train and get better and also difficult for potential signers out there to joinus if we are nothing but a bunch of unappreciative mean butthe@ds.

drucurl
14-12-2006, 13:40
^ agreed. I will now go back into time and teach Gila's parents about the concept of contraception and birth control :D This will have the holistic effect of making the fans more appreciative of what they have and in the year 2005 we will NEVER say "let Crespo go!! we're getting Gila"

Jeff
14-12-2006, 13:56
I theorize the Gila transfer was in some way supposed to allow a clean break away for Sheva. Chelsea needed some insurance and did so by not allowing us to sign Crespo. Now all of this would have been fine and dandy and ok with everybody had Gila turned out to be what so many expected... a superb Gem. Well... that is not the case as of yet. The result??? A dependable Crespo who unfortunately plays for our cousins on the dark side, a legendary great who people have forsaken over any sound and fari judgement, and a potential great who many expect to be something too much too early. Can it get worse??? YES IT CAN.

I'm sorry to say but I think this is only pointed out in hindsight, and have neglected other exogenous factors (e.g., scandel, -8 deductions which eventually led to the failure in transfer market etc, injury etc).

One point that people have never ever been able to explain is that every striker is guilty of not scoring, not just a single individual. Yet Gila is being criticized. I'm never a big fan of Gila (or anyone else after Shevchenko left), but I find it unjust to pinpoint him (not directing at you, Kui, of course).

martin
14-12-2006, 21:31
I'm sorry to say but I think this is only pointed out in hindsight, and have neglected other exogenous factors (e.g., scandel, -8 deductions which eventually led to the failure in transfer market etc, injury etc).

One point that people have never ever been able to explain is that every striker is guilty of not scoring, not just a single individual. Yet Gila is being criticized. I'm never a big fan of Gila (or anyone else after Shevchenko left), but I find it unjust to pinpoint him (not directing at you, Kui, of course).
my math teacher made a bet with the other teachers in his department that he cud get the whole class to pass the algebra test. the marks vary in the class, many people have 40 50 60 70 n a few have 80's and 90's. i have a 90+. lets suppose my whole class fails. who wud be the most criticised for failing me or the kids in the 40s? to relate this to ur arguement, gilardino had the highest expectations. he was supposed ot be our star striker and he has been HORRIBLE COMPARED TO OUR STANDARDS. How can i put as much blame on borrielo, who i never expected to even make the milasn team, as in gila. Obviously if all of our strikers suck, gila will receive by far the most criticism because of our high standrds for him . Now im not blaming gila, to tell u the truth i like him as a player n think he still has it in him. But on the other hand, im not at all surprised that people are criticising him.

Jeff
14-12-2006, 21:39
my math teacher made a bet with the other teachers in his department that he cud get the whole class to pass the algebra test. the marks vary in the class, many people have 40 50 60 70 n a few have 80's and 90's. i have a 90+. lets suppose my whole class fails. who wud be the most criticised for failing me or the kids in the 40s? to relate this to ur arguement, gilardino had the highest expectations. he was supposed ot be our star striker and he has been HORRIBLE COMPARED TO OUR STANDARDS. How can i put as much blame on borrielo, who i never expected to even make the milasn team, as in gila. Obviously if all of our strikers suck, gila will receive by far the most criticism because of our high standrds for him . Now im not blaming gila, to tell u the truth i like him as a player n think he still has it in him. But on the other hand, im not at all surprised that people are criticising him.

Yes I definitely agree with you. It's definitely because of the high expectation. But if you read carefully about how people start talking about Gila, you'll notice that they simply hate him, that's all. It's not because it's born out of high expectation. I"m disappointed with Gila too, no doubt, but some posters simply sound like Gila is an absolutely useless dump person on the world that all the teams want to get rid of.

Let's not talk aebout Gila here anymore because we already have another thread on this.

Kui
15-12-2006, 04:08
I'm sorry to say but I think this is only pointed out in hindsight, and have neglected other exogenous factors (e.g., scandel, -8 deductions which eventually led to the failure in transfer market etc, injury etc).


Thanks Jeff. But what I have said was not in hindsight. I've said what you said above back in May at the outset of Moggi-Poli. That is... that it would affect our transfer season. This is if we are talking about everything else but the dynamics of the Gila transfer 2 years ago. If we are talking about the expectations of Gila.... than by all means such expectation was a big hindsight. AND in some ways the same lack of FORESIGHT is instilled in the mindset of so many here with demands to buy this player and that player only for in HINDSIGHT to not like them 1-2 years down the road AFTER we signed them. You see the big problem here??? It isnt Gila as we agree. The problem is the fans being so d@mned finicky wanting everything out there on the counter only to rebuke and an toss it away. Now that kind of attitude by the club's support base (the fans) will affect our transfer season. No player would want to play for a club whose fans are all starting to act like d!cks. The argument I have made which you quoted me on was a big reason why I felt very uncomfortable with the Gila transfer back 2 seasons ago when everyone was having a orgasm to sign him. That is not hindsight. I'd like to think it was FOREsight, hunch, intuitiveness, call it what you may.
But that was 2 years ago. Like you as a fan, we all have no choice but to support Gila. Why??? The big duh!!! He plays for us. Yet you have some who refuse to do so and then rant after every game week.