View Full Version : Sheva leaving Milan: destination Chelsea
Milan4ever
26-05-2006, 14:03
I wondered if we would ever score another goal after MVB retired but we did. We are bigger than any one player. We will be winning cups when Shevas kid has his PhD in English. Lets now just hope for a good price.
Thank you Sheva for all the memories.
So true! Couldn't agree more
So now it's finally done, and I'm glad it's over. Bye bye, mr. Shevchenko, you can bask on russian mafia's money. Or is someone here believing on that crappy talking of raising his child on an english based environment? Yeah, right...
Well, let's forget about the guy, he's now dead meat for us. What have to do now is to get all the money we can from Abramovitch. You can also accept great players like Gallas or Robben on the deal, but not Crespo or Droga, for cryin' out loud! So let's pick a huge amount of cash; Gallas AND Robben or at least one of them; and with the received bid, buy a great striker like Torres or Tevez, and also, injecting some a surplus money of our's, players like Mascherano and Sneijder.
Yah, should buy a dream XI.
GRE-NO-LI
26-05-2006, 14:05
Let's forget that guy and move on, what's over is over, past didn't
exist!
I wondered if we would ever score another goal after MVB retired but we did. We are bigger than any one player. We will be winning cups when Shevas kid has his PhD in English. Lets now just hope for a good price.
Thank you Sheva for all the memories.
oh we will keep scoring. People say we were going down after Istanbul. Then what happened?
Juventus won but oops, scandel scandel...
GRE-NO-LI
26-05-2006, 14:07
Yah, should buy a dream XI.
So what do you think we should do instead? Behave like some kind of Catanzaro and buy a couple of old farts to 'compose' the squad?!?
AC_Vakas
26-05-2006, 14:07
I just found out about Sheva's official announcement that he wants to run away to London and I am deeply saddened by this news.
I am not only saddened by the news of his departure, but the way it has been handled. Why announce to the world that you will be leaving before Chelsea have even made a bid? This means Chelsea have the upperhand in the negotiations because they already know Sheva wants to leave! :v46:
How idiotic on Sheva because now we will not be able to get the most money! Chelsea can bid £20Million (remember Drogba cost £24M) and we will eventually have to accept this offer because we cannot keep him here.
As for Sheva's betrayal of Milan, I hope he suffers in Chelsea but I am happy he is leaving. I do not want players in our team who do not show the heart, desire and compassion that we Milan fans have shown them! Especially after Shevchenko said he wanted to be another Maldini and Van Basten, bleh!
Now the only question remaining is, who do we buy? Suggestions anyone? No Henry, no Eto'o, no Ronaldinho ... I would like to see Torres but he may have difficulty adapting in Italy, but if he does, he can be potentially amazing.
devoted_dm
26-05-2006, 14:10
I totally agree with you here. 100% Support. I don't like his attitude and timing, and you must thank our management for being so understanding. If there is one guy who qualify to be pissed with Sheva, it's Galliani.
I think Galliani was pissed off today. At one point during Sheva's negotiations he left Via Turati, saying "I have more important matters to attend to." And I don't blame him for being upset.
So what do you think we should do instead? Behave like some kind of Catanzaro and buy a couple of old farts to 'compose' the squad?!?
What do I think we should do? Ok listen:
1) Buy just one striker who at least has experience in Italy. Adriano, or Trez or Ibra will be a much better choices than Torres and Tevez, who are quick, fast, young, but do not necessary be able to adapt to Italian football & Italian culture for the first year. Don't expect another magical Kaka` here.
2) Strengthen the midfield by leaving more spaces to Pirlo. Ancelotti has already mentioned this, and I'm not happy at all that Milan didn't go for Ballack (or maybe they did, but failed). Having said, another strong, muscular will be good. Example will include Emerson and Vieria. This, Ancelotti has alreayd mentioned.
3) Find a good replacement for Rui Costa. Not a star player, but one who accepts a rotational role.
4) In terms of defense; given that Sheva is leaving, Gallas is 100% joining us, which I think is a welcome signal. Another defender will be able to complete our defense department next year. I can't throw any name out here because I Don't want to make hesitant assumption.
And lastly, GRN, pay some respect to the elderly.
I think Galliani was pissed off today. At one point during Sheva's negotiations he left Via Turati, saying "I have more important matters to attend to." And I don't blame him for being upset.
Exactly. If we as fans are pissed, think about Galliani and probably Briada.
And regarding someone above who talked about the $$$; if that's really the case that Chelsea can lower the amount of $$$, then Milan can choose NOT to accept. Remember, Chelsea is on the same boat, but they wanted a better deal, which in the end they can't if Milan decided to sink the boat together.
Thus, I don't see why the offer will be low.
Christopher
26-05-2006, 14:20
Were you even alive when The Beatles were together? It was jealousy and envy, mainly between Lennon and McCartney, that led them to break up. The writing was on the wall before John even met Yoko. That's why they hadn't toured since 1966. And Abramovich didn't do anything but try to acquire a player his manager wanted. Nobody put a gun to Sheva's head and forced him to leave. It's obviously something he's been thinking about for awhile -- probably more so lately -- and he made the decision he believed was best for himself and his family. If you can't accept that, then you, yourself, should never change jobs or move to a different city in your lifetime without consulting everyone in your original :p286: city and everyone on this and any other forum you belong to for their approval.
FYI I was laid off from my previous job, I and have moved from my home city, and yes the latter was a choice I made. However I am currently not a commodity involved in a business, I am not bound by a contract and my leaving does not affect the performance of any team or business . . .
We don't really know the whole story behind this and we never will. The way I see it was that Sheva himself was torn apart by this I am not convinced it is what he wanted to do in his heart but felt it was what he had to do because of family . . . supposedly . . As far as Abramovic goes . . you cannot tell me that it is outside the realm of possibility that he sweet talked Sheva's wife a good deal and planted a seed with her that her husband should go to London. Both Abramovic and Sheva's live in London . . both are connected to Sheva so I am certain they interact, you would have to offly blind to believe that interactions did not occur.
As far as the beatles go . . yes it is true that John and Paul had creative differences . . but you don't think that Yoko's involvement in the song writing and music itself had anything to do with the creative differences?
I don't see what difference my age makes as I am the son of two rather large beatles fans.
Lord_Tawreser
26-05-2006, 14:21
I means for the kids it's about having the RIGHT shirt..the shirt in the childrens world is no longer any good as the man is no longer a Milan player.
"Cross over to the Dark side Luke!"
Did Sheva cross over to the Dark side or dind't he?
I think not! If his reasons were true.
I have this image in my mind of him having an Ucrainian flag with his name written over it after the Manchester final. Was he ever a true Rossonero? Or was he Andriy Shevchenko the superstar first and then a Rossonero? I can't really speak about this but I have a distinct feeling that he was the latter. It's all sorted out in my head...he loved the club, but he made it clear what his priority is. Then he didn't love the club enough. But that's life. "Never get attached to anything you can't walk away from in 60 seconds flat". (Heat) Well, I loved him anyways, I guess it's all about those moments that you can't walk away from. Everything else is not worth it.
Maybe his wife is one of those moments and maybe Milan was a think he walked away from in 60 seconds flat. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Sure he'd wanted to stay at Milan, sure nobody can say he's wrong to love Kristen, and surely money had a little bit to do with it. I for one don't blame him for anything but lying. He shouldn't have said the things he did and the question in my mind for the next couple of days will be...did he cross over to the dark sidee?
I think not, I just have to figure out why. I'm sure it's simple. :)
Well...whatever & edit: yes, Henry did a great thing!
I really shouldn't have said that it was wrong for Shevchenko to have the Ukrainian flag then but it was in a specific context. He was a proud Ukrainian at the moment. It was OK. My bad.
GRE-NO-LI
26-05-2006, 14:24
1) Buy just one striker who at least has experience in Italy. Adriano, or Trez or Ibra will be a much better choices than Torres and Tevez, who are quick, fast, young, but do not necessary be able to adapt to Italian football & Italian culture for the first year. Don't expect another magical Kaka` here.
Well, Adriano would be a FANTASTIC deal, but I don't if Inter will accept to sell him to us, it seems to me like something very unprobable;I like Ibra very much, in fact, but I guess he can come only in face of a eventual Juve's relegation; regarding Trez, well, I don't like his football, but that's only a subjective remark; finally, talking about Torres or Tevez, I'm a big fan of both players, and I'm sure they are players tan can be MAJOR stars with us.
2) Strengthen the midfield by leaving more spaces to Pirlo. Ancelotti has already mentioned this, and I'm not happy at all that Milan didn't go for Ballack (or maybe they did, but failed). Having said, another strong, muscular will be good. Example will include Emerson and Vieria. This, Ancelotti has alreayd mentioned.
Sure, we must reinforce our midfield, but with fresh blood, with hungry young talents like De Rossi, Diarra and Sneijder, not with mere quick-fix solutions like Emerson, an extremely overrated player in Italy. Vieira is great, of course, but he's quite old, it's not a wise move in terms of building a great squad for the years to come.
3) Find a good replacement for Rui Costa. Not a star player, but one who accepts a rotational role.
It seems that we already picked young Gourcuff.
4) In terms of defense; given that Sheva is leaving, Gallas is 100% joining us, which I think is a welcome signal. Another defender will be able to complete our defense department next year. I can't throw any name out here because I Don't want to make hesitant assumption.
Gallas will be a great acquire, and I guess we will move also for Oddo or Lugano. I would love to see Heitinga or Kompany performing with us, but that is to demand to much boldness for a board so conservative like our's.
AC_Vakas
26-05-2006, 14:25
Yes, of course we can reject the offer, but for how long? Sheva has openly admitted he wants to leave, therefore Chelsea have an advantage, I highly doubt we will get what we expect from this deal. What do you feel will be the amount he leaves for?
GRE-NO-LI
26-05-2006, 14:27
The board must be ruthless: NO CRESPO!
Just let the man go and say bye and thnx .
Who made the last petion lets make one again where wee say bye and thnx and one 2 rui costa would be nice 2 ,so who came make one?
devoted_dm
26-05-2006, 14:28
The board must be ruthless: NO CRESPO!
I second that. With all the money we're getting for Sheva, we should buy a big name striker. I say Tevez or Adriano.
We r definitely hurt by this saddening news. The only true replacement I could see for Shev's spot is to try and lure Man U to give Rooney to us.
I have a gut feeling......
It's gonna be Zlatan
GRE-NO-LI
26-05-2006, 14:38
Ibra is not my dream transfer, but it's a fine one, nevertheless.
Lord_Tawreser
26-05-2006, 14:39
We don't need Crespo or Robben for that matter. It is my opinion that Cassano is the most real thing! :) Rooney who? Zlatan, c'mon!
GRE-NO-LI
26-05-2006, 14:40
My dream is to form a Milan's 'magic quartet: Kaká - Robben - Ibra/Tevez/Torres - Gilardino.
Oddo,Gallas,Zambrotta,Emerson,Gilberto Silva,Alex,Sneijder,Diarra,Buffon,Zlatan,Toni,Etoo,Tevez,Daniel Alves,Torres,del Piero,Trezeguet or maybe even Ronaldinho.....
It's gonna a busy summer......
Lord_Tawreser
26-05-2006, 14:48
What good did Robben do in Chelsea? He hardly played an important match and has forever been linked with Real. I mean, name two things that he DID for them! Of the whole lot, he is the one most commonly thought to be leaving. And he is in the hands of the Magic One. Why should we want him?
rahul.acm
26-05-2006, 14:48
Look at the bright side! We will be getting alot money plus players from the sale of 'a' 30 year old as galliani said "..it (transfer) will not be easy."
What has happened is a boon in disguise. Its time to rejoice and not moan. We certainly needed a change of guard and $heva's departure would be perfect to shake up our team. This will present a new challenge to our team and that will be the key to our success.
Gila would profit the most from his departure as a lot will be asked from him and Ancelotti will be there to guide. A new international rivalry has started and Ancelotti will make sure that we will 'strike upon them with great vengeance and furious anger.' :firedev: He will keep Milan going better than before as now there will be no such man who opposed him and insulted him.
If he doesn't give a damn about us (unlike Henry) we shouldn't give a damn about him either, simple. Tit for Tat. Thank you for your services which were not for free. A house on lake como doesn't come from Santa Claus!
Fucnkin Kristen wants the babyboy learn the english?? maybe shevchenko ends his carrer in the Chicago Fire...or Los Angeles Galaxy
If he wants his kid to learn english, take him to an international school. I am pretty sure there should be some private schools that teach in english in Italy. He can ask the mom to teach his kid english too...
If he wants to learn english, pick up a god damn book and learn. Hire a tutor, talk to his wife. I am pretty sure Seedorf, Vogel, Gattuso, and Kalac, speak english... talk to them...
Come on, Sheva, that's lame excuse to try to move out from Milan. Anyway, it isn't a happy day for all Milan fans, but at least we know who true milanista is in this case. Thank god I didn't buy any milan jersey with your name on it... =P
I really hope Berlusconi's return might bring new/fresh energy to the team! :pr115:
P.S. Good Point Mufasa...
It's just an excuse.....i guess the prob lays on the manager....
Who's his manager anyway.....?????
Business is Business......
GilAttack [11]
26-05-2006, 14:52
I would try with Podolski before going the Cassano route.
It was inevitable, the minute he welcomed the thought of moving his mind was made up.This is not really what your call a seismic shift for Milan.For Milan, my fellow rossoneri, prepare yourselves that we will suffer offensively.We might not suffer much, but we have two very similar players in Gila and Inzaghi, and if we bring Crespo; we will have three very similar players. I have a strong feeling it is Hernan, Carlo and him are joined at the hip.
How about this, their is a vacant jersey no.10, how about offering it to a certain No.10 from Inter. :)Needless to say replacing Sheva will be an ardous task. So if August comes, and you guys don't see immediate productivity from a replacement forward or from the ones we have, don't be surprised.
For Sheva he chose that absolute best time for him to leave. The premiership is growing, and Serie A adminstration is bringing down the Italian game. Hey, he made his decision let him go in peace. His family reasons are to become proficient in English and sail with Abramovich on his massive Yatch. Not a bad choice eh!
Do svi ....oh wrong language goodbye Sheva.
So now it's finally done, and I'm glad it's over. Bye bye, mr. Shevchenko, you can bask on russian mafia's money. Or is someone here believing on that crappy talking of raising his child on an english based environment? Yeah, right...
Well, let's forget about the guy, he's now dead meat for us. What have to do now is to get all the money we can from Abramovitch. You can also accept great players like Gallas or Robben on the deal, but not Crespo or Droga, for cryin' out loud! So let's pick a huge amount of cash; Gallas AND Robben or at least one of them; and with the received bid, buy a great striker like Torres or Tevez, and also, injecting a surplus money of our's, pick players like Mascherano and Sneijder.
No Crespo or Droga!
Btw, our management should give some thier attention and trust to our own kids, such as Pozzi, Marzoratti, and to give them chances to play & prove in our first team.
The Sheva saga makes me feel it is time to start to groom some real Milan players from our own rank, who will bleed and die for the club like the great Baresi, Maldini, Billy and Albertini.
zlatanov
26-05-2006, 14:55
']I would try with Podolski before going the Cassano route.
Podolski seems to be Bayern-bound already - the player himself already promised himself to the Bavarians.
GRE-NO-LI
26-05-2006, 14:57
We certainly needed a change of guard and $heva's departure would be perfect to shake up our team. This will present a new challenge to our team and that will be the key to our success.
On the mark, Rahul: Shevchenko's departure can be a healthy 'call to arms' for the rest of the squad!
Well, Adriano would be a FANTASTIC deal, but I don't if Inter will accept to sell him to us, it seems to me like something very unprobable;I like Ibra very much, in fact, but I guess he can come only in face of a eventual Juve's relegation; regarding Trez, well, I don't like his football, but that's only a subjective remark; finally, talking about Torres or Tevez, I'm a big fan of both players, and I'm sure they are players tan can be MAJOR stars with us.
Sure, we must reinforce our midfield, but with fresh blood, with hungry young talents like De Rossi, Diarra and Sneijder, not with mere quick-fix solutions like Emerson, an extremely overrated player in Italy. Vieira is great, of course, but he's quite old, it's not a wise move in terms of building a great squad for the years to come.
It seems that we already picked young Gourcuff.
Gallas will be a great acquire, and I guess we will move also for Oddo or Lugano. I would love to see Heitinga or Kompany performing with us, but that is to demand to much boldness for a board so conservative like our's.
1. Unfortuantely, being a big fan of yours doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to perform well in Milan. This, of course, is not to you or me to judge, but the scouts of Milan and Briada.
2. I don't see how Emerson and Vieria is a quick-fix solution. Fine if Emerson is overrated ,whether it's in your humble opinion or newspaper or whoever, but Vieria too old? Well, I really don't know his age last year but he seems to be one of the most important buy by Juventus last year. I wonder if you would have laughed at Juve and say, "See they buy old farts" but you know what, he performed and performed well. That is what matters. Finally, hungry young talents can bring you far for one season, but no more. That's why every year you see darkhorse, adn every year and then these darkhorse disappear. Consistency counts. We welcome hungry people, but motivation itself is not enough (although I'm a motivationist).
3. Nothing is official.
4. How would you have rated Coloccini? So many people here used to say that he is amazing in Spain. Back in Italy? Can't even handle the pressure.
I'm just illiterating my point that experience counts, especially in a team like Milan when you are expected to perform week in week out. Can 'hunger' help you persist? Perhaps, but even I won't even want to bet on that. Having said, there is nothing wrong to buy new, fresh, young players, but just how easy you think you will be able to pick a germ like Kaka` who 'amazes' Maldini how fast he adapted to Italian football.
It's Italian football, just like Sheva now needs to adapt to England football. We nautrally believe that Sheva will adapt well, but how about the players you have named? you sure they wont' have any adaptability problem, such as food, lifestyle etc?
On the mark, Rahul: Shevchenko's departure can be a healthy 'call to arms' for the rest of the squad!
I do not challenge this, but callig it a 'healthy' call is a little bit too much.
Lancelot
26-05-2006, 15:02
Look at the bright side! We will be getting alot money plus players from the sale of 'a' 30 year old as galliani said "..it (transfer) will not be easy."
I dont give any dime for this....WHAT ARE WE? BAYERN??WE DONT HAVE MONEY POWER?
I am deeply, much deeply, a lot deeply, deeply deeply deeply dissapointed about the todays news....
WE LOSE OUR BEST PLAYER, IN HIS BEST AGE. He has 4-5 more years of good productive football and we leave him for what? We take who as exchange, gallas? What are we, a medium English team or a German team that cant buy ourselves Gallas and have to make an exchange like this? The whole story is for a good laugh, Cavaliere, the Boldman and all in our presedency must quit their miserable lifes at Milan. WHY IN THE HELL DO WE HAVE TO LET HIM GO?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
If someone gives me a good answer, i can inderstand it...
I wont accept it not even if u bring Roni or Henry (that both wont come either), why let him leave like this...What our brothers in Milan do? Why not organize a big cometee go and see him, beg him to stay. He is part of Milan history and we leave him go because his childen cant talk english? Buy him a whole school to study them, give me a break...
I dont write often here as i am one year now, to the Army but its a disgrace...my beloved Sheva is leaving, to go WHERE? Chelsea??? WHAT IS CHELSEA COMPARE TO MILAN?
GIVE ME A BREAK SHEV, DONT MAKE ME CRAZY HERE
Cavaliere are our money ended?WE DONT HAVE ANY OTHER MONEY TO SPEND? Are we a medium team and we lose our best players...tell me what Milan is in your idea...
And all of you that will answer this post, trying to explain, tell me HOW a big team like Milan, will go on, without Sheva and with taking players like Favalli at his 34....WHAT IS GALLIANI DOING? IS HE A LOCCO OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?
Anyway, i am pissed off and dissapointed, i stop here so i dont say anything harder...ante geia...
zlatanov
26-05-2006, 15:03
I do not challenge this, but callig it a 'healthy' call is a little bit too much.
to an extent I agree with you but GNL also has a point - if we do things right, we could end up having the better part of this deal when all is done and dusted. We have to be smart how we play our cards, though, and that's a tricky thing. Still, if we are up to the task, we could make all this look like a blessing in disguise in the end.
Oh, forget to say:
Thank you and goodbye Sheva! May you become fluent in English.
i am happy with selling sheva(hopefully 60mil€) could give some space rebuilding the squad... but i hope some better transfers then favalli :|
AND gor rit off a 30Y old player
lets sell gatuse 2 for 20mil to ManU :p
and we could buy 2 midfielders and striker and a defender :)
hopfully the board is not asleep and will not buy any1...then i would be dissapointed and have questions about the capability of our board...
lets hope and pray to buy some great young(>25) players...
Good bye Sheva and thank you for all what you have done! But you can`t be as good in Chelsea as you are/were in Milan!
Ördöglány
26-05-2006, 15:16
Btw, our management should give some thier attention and trust to our own kids, such as Pozzi, Marzoratti, and to give them chances to play & prove in our first team.
Or Foggia, for example.
BTW He's just playing against Ukraine in U21 EuroChamps......
Gazzetta dello sport: "Grande azione di Foggia che salta due uomini e impegna Pyatov"
:5schal: :5schal: :5schal:
GRE-NO-LI
26-05-2006, 15:17
lets hope and pray to buy some great young(>25) players...
PRAISE THE LORD!
MadeMashin
26-05-2006, 15:17
Tevez C'mon, Please Milan!!!
Oh, forget to say:
Thank you and goodbye Sheva! May you become fluent in English.
LOL... I like the last name. The reasoning he gives just don't make any sense. I think is for his children, but not learning English well in Italian is still absurd to me, given that he has so much money + connection.
Bad choice.
GRE-NO-LI
26-05-2006, 15:24
Well, Jeff, for what I've read on your posts, I conclude that we basically want the same thing: a BALANCED squad. What aparts us is a matter of emphasis: you tend to relly on a more prudent way of thinking, praising experience and solidity, while I like to act on more risky and dare fashion.
rahul.acm
26-05-2006, 15:35
... What aparts us is a matter of emphasis: you tend to relly on a more prudent way of thinking, praising experience and solidity, while I like to act on more risky and dare fashion.
Hasn't the daredevil attitude of Man U won them the most difficult treble (1999) in football history. It's time that even we get that attitude in our system. If we get the right attitude, then nothing can stop us from winning the treble next year. If we do win it then this $heva thing would be nothing. :devf: Forza Milan
Well, Jeff, for what I've read on your posts, I conclude that we basically want the same thing: a BALANCED squad. What aparts us is a matter of emphasis: you tend to relly on a more prudent way of thinking, praising experience and solidity, while I like to act on more risky and dare fashion.
Risky is of no problem when risk increases probability of reward. I guess this is where we part.
Arildonardo
26-05-2006, 15:47
I'm really disappointed with this, mostly for Shevchenko himself. He knows this isn't the best step for his career.
I thank him for his goals and for the silverware he has helped us win, but now I don't support him anymore. I have never liked Chelsea and I will definitely not start liking them now because they will have Shevchenko. He's dead to me...
Let's hope Berlusconi knows what to do next. Give us Ronaldinho, Tevez, Mascherano and Gallas! We will forget about Shevchenko before his son can say "I am a boy"...
Traitor! :devf:
Forza Milan! :firedev: :3band:
He is dead to me to.He was the player I loved the most.More than everybody else.I can't belive he leaves his love(Milan?????????) because his wife is a ***** and also a ****en stupid blonde who prefers London than Milano. :w209:
I'm so dissapointed about the news today.
It will not be easy to find a good replacement for Shevchenko. Some here say, we have to move on and forget about Sheva and yes we have to do that, but I don't agree with the opinion that it will not be too difficult to find a good replacement. It's possible, but it will not be easy. If we find a good one, he will have to want to come and his club will have to want letting there player go (we allready can forgett Henry and Eto'o for that reason). Therefore I think Torres is a good option, Athletic want to let him go, he wants to go to a big club and als he's young, so we will have Gila and Torres and then we will be safe for a while.
I just hope a good player comes and that he also play good and that he makes forget us Shevchenko and that :3band: Milan :3band: will play so good that we will think next year:" Shevchenko who is that?".
fgirst of all, I have to say Im extremly dissapointed with Shevas behaviour. He hasitated sooo much and lied whole year just to tell us now he decided to go to Chelsea for " family reasons "
His son is born in ITALY, his wife and him are speaking Italian, and his son could simply live in Milano nad speak italian like other people in there. What the hell does he need english language to develop his love to his son????
Second, he was a friend to Abramovic for a long time, they had all these secret meetings and phone calls that are not even allowed when a player is under contract. He decided to join his friend in London long time ago. " Im a Milanista like Maldini and Baresi, bla,bla..." - lies. Sheva backstabed Milan. Why didnt he go to Man Utd or Arsenal if MONEY isnt the question?? well....he thinks Chelsea has better future than Milan, wants to earn as much money as he can while he still can , and so on... that is the truth. He decided to sell out Milan becouse of his mafioso friend Abramovic who used every single dirty trick to convince his wife and Sheva to come to London.
Still, We ARE MILAN! We have the history, the respect, the best fans in the world, and whoever doesnt want to be a part of this can go! Lets sell him and not cry for him! And then invest wisely and win CL! FORZA MILAN AND MILANISTI!!
My Emotions Right Now Is Sheva = Monster Sellout
First of all, it's a fact that a lot of Italian people speak nog english whatsoever. And i still think that's quite a disgrace. Even a lot of Italian youth doesn't know 10 words of Engelish. Come on people, in a world like today, English is the world language. I ask myself questions what they see on schools then ? In Belgium, we have Dutch as 1ste language (in Flanders to be precisely, not in the other part Wallony, there it's French). But we speak English and French quite good, and those who studied further also german and even a 4the language.
Maybe if Italian people start realise that English is important today, these things won't happen anymore :smileani:
But like everyone, i'm very sad. That's a piece of Milan that is leaving. Although i feel sad, i respect his decision. He has done a lot for Milan and i will never forget that. Sadly, he will never be immortal in Milan. But i want to sat 'Grazie & Arrivederci Sheva'.
Though I am not too well versed on football matters, I would prefer Crespo to Drogba if we could sign one of the two. Also, I hope that the departure of Sheva will not 'shake up' the team too much, for instance, that we have a bad season in 06/07, but then reoraganise for 07/08.
Either way, Viva Sheva! Thank you for your time, goals and hard work at Milan!
Haiz... fret not fellow Rossoneris... everytime a world class striker leave us.. we come up with a new one... its hard.. but time and again we have done it... its very disrespectful to call him a traitor, we should be thankful instead. Think of the amount of funds this will generate for our transfers. He is at his peak age & this is the best time to sell ( though reluctantly :[ )
we need atleast 3 defenders to come in this year ( more of 25-28 ) to boost our ageing defence that is by far the most experienced in europe but sadly the slowest in terms of pace.. let us pray Juve get demoted so we can get cannavaro cheap and maybe also trezeguet to make up for their horrific match fixing scandal..
Guys my only concern is one. We are thinking of receiving a huge sum of money BUT.
1- For $heva there is only 1 buyer Che£$ea.
2- I beleive that $hev has some agreement with his friend abramovic
3- If there is only 1 buyer we cannot sell at the price we want but at the price Chelsea wants. I would not be surprised if we get 15 or 20M + Gallas and Drogba or Crespo. BTW I don't want either of the 2 strikers. Reasons age, and they're similar to Inzaghi and Gila where are much better than the Chelsea players.
rahul.acm
26-05-2006, 16:53
If galliani acts like a tight ass, we can extract whatever amount we want from chelski. He has already told that it won't be that easy! 40 mn pounds + gallas + robben should be the lowest price for him! I have faith in baldy, he will get best out of him!
sheva-gila
26-05-2006, 16:57
im really sad but i wont cry any more for this stupid transfer to chelski.... let him lear english-we gonna achieve trophies.
sheva dont be sad if any of players will wear ur numero 7 cuze this number it wasnt perfect till the and to be ala maldini or baresi
we shjould ask for 60 mil and Gallas. We can get Gallas right now with just buying out his contract. Anywaym Sheva is gone. We now need to use the money well becouse there will be no more brilliant goals from mr.Shevchenko. No more winning games with pirlo-seedorf-gattuso playing badly but kaka-sheva-pippo did it....
Our team now needs to play stronger, and im afraid Carlo is not the manager for that. He relyed all this time on individual efforts. We will need sme grat plaers in if we want to be no.1 in europe. Eto'o, Diarra, Gallas, Oddo... Something like that, not less.
ukrainian_CA
26-05-2006, 17:03
Do svi ....oh wrong language goodbye Sheva.
"Do Pobachennya!" would be the right language, though what you tried in Russian Sheva understands very well too.
Let him go! Chelsea will never be more feared then Milan even if they have 10 Shevchenkos on the field. They will never have as much respect from others and a history as rich as ours. So long Sheva, I hope we destroy Chelsea in the CL next year.
As for how much would they pay?....don't be scared people. They'll pay quite a price. I will probably cost them around 55 million euros. Now they can trow in some players to bring that down, but it will depend on Milan on how much they'll rate those players. I pray that we don't get any of their want-away strikers(Crespo and Drogba). The reason why those two want to leave now is because they know for a fact that they will be on the bench. I say nothing less then 35 million euros + Gallas + Robben or 47/8 million euros + Gallas as I don't think he is more expensive then 6/7 mil! I don't want their strikers simply because they don't make any use to us. Crespo is the same as Gila and Inzaghi, while I think that Drogba is the most overrated forward in the past 2 years. The guy can't finish for sh!t and all he has is size. He will be useless. I would opt for as much money as we can get plus Gallas as getting Robben or any other winger won't fit our system.
Lord_Tawreser
26-05-2006, 17:38
I agree. As much cash as possible + Gallas. Nothing more nothing less. But Essien, maybe?
i am happy that sheva is gone, he played without dedication for so many games, we need some fresh air, rui,stam are gone, who is next? ambrosini? gattuso? sheva's replacement? tevez or... pozzi! i hope galliani can get a good deal from sheva's sale at least 35m BP+1 player that abramovitch owns, i hope he is tevez.
GRE-NO-LI
26-05-2006, 18:24
Hasn't the daredevil attitude of Man U won them the most difficult treble (1999) in football history. It's time that even we get that attitude in our system. If we get the right attitude, then nothing can stop us from winning the treble next year. If we do win it then this $heva thing would be nothing. :devf: Forza Milan
That's the spirit, Rahul, the daredevil that jumps on the adversarie's throat!
kenny_shev
26-05-2006, 18:52
Just like all of you, i have been turning on the TV as immediately as I wake up, waiting for this official piece of news for the past two painful days. It's officially over now. I wish andriy and family good luck.
I understand how many (indeed most of us) here feel about this saga. I am too very much saddened by this. But football is just a business, Andriy was brought here to do a job and he has done his job here (and boys !! how well he's done it). Now when he leaves, he will bring us loads of money even with some fresh reinforcements who we crave for. All in all, It has been good business with sheva.
Although I must admit his family + English language reasons sound a little lame, IMHO, we should not speculate too much. The media has done a pretty good job over it. And We the FANS will never know the truth. For all I know, Andriy is a professional footballer. He has done his job for us as professionally as he probably could. I respect and love him for that. It's time for him and us to move on.
Some of us here call Sheva a liar and direct threats & obscenities towards him. I dont agree with all those. Dont you realize how much you love and worship him ? Love just hurts sometimes. IMO, we should just treat him with whatever love and respect left in our hearts for him, giving him a farewell he deserves and making him regret leaving Milan.
Some of you here suggest sheva should have let the club know earlier that he is leaving. So when, would you kindly suggest, would have it been the right time? Do you think it would have done us good knowing that he intended to leave while we were chasing Juve by three points to the wire? I think not.
Now, since it's all clear that Sheva is leaving, the most important thing for us to do now is to get as much money as we could off Mr. Rich-Russian's pocket. Buy a proper replacement and reinforce the squad with that money.
So Sheva, Farewell and thanks for all the things you have done for us !!! Good luck to you and your family. I hope your son learns English well !!!
And yeah....'It's been emotional' :sagrin:
Egoistka
26-05-2006, 20:20
Its sad that Sheva is leaving...Milan is not gonna be same for me anymore...Abramovic pressed Sheva and Milan really hard, he wanted Sheva desperately and he got what he wanted as usual. That is a little bit unfair, but we cannot do anything about it..can we?! So we need to see what will happen now. Basically its gonna be a brand new AC Milan from new season, and it can be success or falure. This we ll find out later, now we only can wait and look what will happen next. Whoever we buy instead of Sheva must be f**king good, otherwise i ll kick Galliani's ass, that is for sure. So lets cross our thingers and hope for the best. We need to be strong because we are MILAN SUPPORTERS!!! :devf:
ACMILAN1983
26-05-2006, 20:35
I was pretty depressed reading his announcement, but I was prepared for it.
Here's what I have to say to him...
To Sheva,
Thank you for 7 (ironically the same as your shirt number) great years. With you, we have succeeded in pretty much every tournament and you will always be remembered at Milan for your contribution.
However, you won't be anything more, as you decided to leave us, breaking millions of hearts worldwide. You are no longer a Milan player, and therefore no longer a hero here, but instead, an opponent. You could have been a legend in Milan (to some degree, I guess you are already), as you would have almost certainly reached the top goalscorer had you stayed 5 more years.
To sum it up, don't expect the support of Milan fans anymore, the club is more important than you. I wish you luck in the future, but bear in mind that if you come to Milan, don't expect much more than a warm welcome in honour of your services here, after which, we will support Milan, not you.
"Do Pobachennya!" would be the right language, though what you tried in Russian Sheva understands very well too.
Thank your Ukrainian_CA; Sheva had to have a reason to leave. The English Language was the scapegoat.
Guys and gals History tends to repeat itself. Remember in the mid nineties; 94,95,96,97,98; Milan had all the money and we bought all the best talent in the world at the expense of a balanced more gelled team. After we lost to Ajax in 95, I know most of you remember the wilderness Milan endured in the following years.
Then came the Zidane and Pavon policy of Madrid and look how that turned out.
And to complete the trifecta, Chelsea have become the buyers like Milan and Madrid of yesteryear. While Mourinho may look more astute, Chelsea's policy of buying, buying will hit a major hurdle. So while Sheva may see Chelsea as the team du jour right now; they are not really that much better than the elite teams in the Premiership. And definetely not better than Milan.
So guys and gals let Sheva learn his consonants and vocalbulary in peace.
Do Pobachennya, Sheva.
Egoistka
26-05-2006, 20:41
I was pretty depressed reading his announcement, but I was prepared for it.
Here's what I have to say to him...
To Sheva,
Thank you for 7 (ironically the same as your shirt number) great years. With you, we have succeeded in pretty much every tournament and you will always be remembered at Milan for your contribution.
However, you won't be anything more, as you decided to leave us, breaking millions of hearts worldwide. You are no longer a Milan player, and therefore no longer a hero here, but instead, an opponent. You could have been a legend in Milan (to some degree, I guess you are already), as you would have almost certainly reached the top goalscorer had you stayed 5 more years.
To sum it up, don't expect the support of Milan fans anymore, the club is more important than you. I wish you luck in the future, but bear in mind that if you come to Milan, don't expect much more than a warm welcome in honour of your services here, after which, we will support Milan, not you.
Sounds right I guess...and sad...
we shjould ask for 60 mil and Gallas.
Isn't Sheva's old club Dynamo Kyiv entitled to a % of the transfer fee?
kenny_shev
26-05-2006, 21:03
Isn't Sheva's old club Dynamo Kyiv entitled to a % of the transfer fee?
good point!! I am not sure mate. Anyone knows anything about this? When it comes down to money, we 'd better be clear..;)
humanTORCH
26-05-2006, 21:19
Let's squeezed every penny we can get from Chelsea. Nothing less than 50 million will be good. It would be even better deal if we can confirm the arrival of gallas in Milano.
Milan will not go down easily......just because the lost of one player doesn't mean the whole team of Milan will crack. A good performance of Gila in the world cup will ease my heart a little bit where he will fill the hole left by sheva. I for sure will monitor the performance of Gila in the world cup.
The lost of sheva is a dissapointment but let's turn to a new page.
ukrainian_CA
26-05-2006, 21:29
I
Thank you for 7 (ironically the same as your shirt number) great years. .
And ironically, his nickname , Sheva, means "seven" in Hebrew. You can confirm with "The-Fan", he is Sash from Israel.
Like most of you here, I too am very saddened by Sheva's premature departure. Although my brain has been telling me that this was inevitable since Sheva announced his intentions last week, my heart still held out hope til the very last minute. To be honest, I must admit that my reaction is more along the line of Franco, devoted dm, and warro. To me, Sheva has betrayed Milan---no matter what the reason, well, I'll take that back---this whole english-learning thing is the most lame excuse I've ever heard from a millionaire superstar footballer who can afford to charter a private jet to London everyday or even open up a private english school for his son in italy, and for that matter, even afford the best english tutor money can buy to teach him english in milan. The only reason I would have accepted was if Abramovich put a gun on his head and demanded he move. I know it sounds irrational, but the love we have for football IS irrational. The bond between the team and its fans has to be stronger than the desire to learn a foreign language. I've suspected all along that the real reason was probably life-style related---his wife probably prefers the fast, glamour life on London over Italy.
But whatever it is, this is a new experience for Milan fans. I've been following the team since the late 80s and cannot recall any incident when we had to sell one of our own, one of our legends. The only players we sold were those that didnt make an impact, those demanding more playing time, those who didnt get along with management, but NEVER those who were revered as Milan legends. If we as fans feel hurt and disappointed about this, then it's more than justified.
So my message to Sheva is this. You have showed us your true colors. You have showed us that you are NOT worthy of being considered a Milan legend. You will be just one of the many players that come and go. Your place in our history was virtually assured, but you turned it down, for a reason that I will never be able to comprehend. So good. Good for you and good for us. Good that the true colors have come out. So, goodbye and good luck. One day you will regret leaving us, because I can tell you that no other team in the world will be able to give you as much love as Milan did---from the top, down--from Berlusconi to the average fan. Goodbye, enjoy the artificial, materialistic, arrogant support of the chelsea fans, learn english, and watch in awe as Milan grow even stronger. We don't want a player who doesn't want us. Good riddance and good bye.
I know many of you might disagree with this (especially our ukrainian friends :)), but it is my honest opinion. I know it's irrational, but for me, football can never be completely rational, with the amount that we invest in it (emotionally that is).
Agree with "Lord Tawreser", as much cash as possible plus Gallas
Hey guys im new to this forum but ive been reading it for a while to get the updates on the Mighty Milan.. as soon as i heard about sheva leaving i was so shocked yet p.o... but to our advantage at least hes leaving 2 chealsea, a club who are dumb enough to give us twice as much as wat sheva is worth.. altough hes irriplaceable at this point in time, chelsea are dumb and with the money hopefully Milan can come up with sum1 good enough 2 replace him... hopefully dat is
Finally, this sorry episode in the annals of Milan AC is over, thank goodness.
Now Dr. Galliani, get down to business. I demand you be as ruthless and petty and bad-faithed as humanly possible.
The people (I will not type out their names because of my huge disrespect and hatred towrds them) who are most likely to get the biggest piece of your property resorted to the lowest, most disgusting, most dishonorable tactic to get it. They jammed a huge wedge into the relationship between a husband and wife. So therefore, you sir, must conduct this negotiation by being the biggest a$$hole on earth.
Demand minimum-MINIMUM: Mr. William Gallas, defender, Mr. Arjun Robben, winger, 60 million in cash, and first dibs and financial assistance towards future acquisition of Mr. Carlos Tevez of Corinthians, striker, and Mr. Javier Macherano, also of Corinthians, midfielder.
If they refuse, immediately WALK OUT of negotiations and put Sheva in the free market available to everyone. Barca, Real, United...whoever has the means...strongly consider their bids + players. Pit other teams against other teams and just laugh at them tripping all over each other. And laugh at your biggest piece of property sweat as he wonders about his future. You and the fans of Milan AC are the victims here. Demand full compensation!
And take your time, sir. You have all summer. Why rush things? :u56:
Milan the Best!
26-05-2006, 22:42
well if sheva wants to go to the epl 'cause of the english language why cant we sell him to any epl club? why chelsea? i think van nistelrooy might be keen to leave manu... why can we sell sheva to manu?
Exactly! Why limit the possibilities? Barca offered a huge amount on Henry. Why can't we at least throw out numbers and players with them as well? They have Marquez and Messi who fulfill needs here. We need to explore the entire earth of options out there.
kenny_shev
26-05-2006, 23:04
well if sheva wants to go to the epl 'cause of the english language why cant we sell him to any epl club? why chelsea? i think van nistelrooy might be keen to leave manu... why can we sell sheva to manu?
The problem is that Chelsea is probably the only club in the world, who would be likely to afford Sheva :D. Plus, they do have some players that could make us stronger next season.
Now that it's official Sheva's leaving.I recall what I have said before...:
01. The Russian Connection is true !!
02. English is the only logical reason to be used by Sheva to leave.....
03. Foggy climate is better for Kristen's skin as a Top Model...
04. Sheva doesn't want to let his wife down by staying with Milan...she is way too precious for Sheva....Don't believe ?? Just visit this sites :
http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com/stuff/images1/kristenpazik1.htm
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2006-03/23/content_550535_7.htm
http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com/stuff/images1/kristenpazik8.htm
Now...just hope that Galliani and Braida would PUSH HARD to clean up Abramovich pocket to get Sheva or else as many had said..we can offer him to Real Madrid or Barca...It is now depend who could offer the highest price to get Sheva......The real game is now MONEY...MONEY....and MONEY !!!
If Chelski agree to pay 70M + Gallas ..then let him go there...if not then Milan has the very right to offer him to others who agree to pay more....
Last word...hope that Sheva could shine as when he's with Milan....which I doubt very much...The EPL is so tough as the referee would keep the ball on play even there are 2 players laying on the pitch with broken legs and crushed metatarsal bones..;) ;) ;)
GOOD BYE SHEVA..........KEEP YOUR KRISTEN OUT OF REACH FROM SOMEONE OUT THERE...AND TAKE A GOOD ENGLISH COURSE FOR SURE...... :cheers:
Wow, what a body on her! Kinda looks like Cameron Diaz.
We do not know the contents of Sheva contract with Milan which may have an unconditional buy out clause that the player or the buying club can pay a fee and to be free. This is the way Real Madrid bought Ronaldo w/o Inter's content and Gallas is threatening buying him out of Chelski (only BP 5 M). With Galliani brain this fee could well be over the real Sheva's value.
So practically Sheva wishes to go to Chelsea but he can not simply walks away from Milan or Chelski can not simply sign him, Chelski must pay something ACM can accept or it will end up like the case of Kala last year, we dragged the negotiations till Chelski gave up.
Someone in this forum said "we must replace Sheva with a striker that can score 25 goals per season..." Not necessarily! We may lose 25 Sheva goals, we can reinforce our midfield and defence to score another 10 and then concede 10 goals less than last season we will be the CL and Scudetto winner.
milan nel cuore
26-05-2006, 23:57
we have done everythinkg we could to make him stay if u guys havent check the page the tifosi felows made for him i recomend it www.shevarestaconnoi.com we r goign 2 miss him but lets move on...
Thx for the info minhduc. Perhaps we're stuck with only talking with Chelsea :yuck: then. Oh well, all I ask is we get a pound of Roman's flesh out of this affair. They must not be able leverage a rip-off deal! If that happens and we end up with basically nothing I swear I will jam a Phillips-head screwdriver into my neck!
Practically only Chelski in in the position to land Sheva but that does no harm to us, we are the only one who own and can sell Sheva. Cool down, wait and see the battle with Chelsea is still going on and promises a lot of drama.
I do not see why we have to be mad about Sheva leaving, he leaves just like Rui, Vieri... and if we hate him just because he did fantastic job for us in the 7 years that is unfair. If someone read my posts right from the begining I have always said this could be a positive move for us to rebuild the team, all I care is a fair deal for us.
I believe Sheva is so good with us but Chelski may land less than what they will have paid. Life is unpreidctable (just like he is leaving now) so who knows he will end up in Toteham still to learn English.
GRE-NO-LI
27-05-2006, 00:42
Fantastic posts, Goose, you are totally right: Milan has to RIPOFF Chelsea!
I believe Sheva is so good with us but Chelski may land less than what they will have paid. Life is unpreidctable (just like he is leaving now) so who knows he will end up in Toteham still to learn English.
Mate,
I like this (in bold) very much.LOL..... :nana: :nana:
Or maybe he has to travel and sign with a Scottish team to be able to learn the Old English dialect and also to practise the tug climbing ??
Sheva..Sheva...I believe he should go and find a neurologist just to check whether he's still OK with his brain.....what else he doesn't get from Milan????? Oh...sorry I forgot that Milan don't give him Kristen....he just found her by himself...
I can't imagine if afterwards he doesn't suit the English playing style..what shall he do.... fly to Finland to learn the languange or start to learn how to be a F1 driver from Raikkonen :ilol:
3- If there is only 1 buyer we cannot sell at the price we want but at the price Chelsea wants. I would not be surprised if we get 15 or 20M + Gallas and Drogba or Crespo. BTW I don't want either of the 2 strikers. Reasons age, and they're similar to Inzaghi and Gila where are much better than the Chelsea players.
Honey, we dont have to sell at a price that WE do not like, since we still hold his contract til 2009. :happy:
Again, want to emphasis to Mr. Galliani and co:
1. No Drogba nor Crespo as part of the deal. Just cash please!
2. Give our kids, Foggia, Marzaratti, Pozzi, etc from our youth team, a chance to play and prove in the first team. We need to groom our own bandiera!
Maevious
27-05-2006, 02:03
60m euro + Gallas is a fair price imo.
i dont think Mourinho will agree to Robben leaving since he is too important for the way Chelsea is playing
Oldman: Not only does $heva need a brain scan he needs to check downstairs to see if the family jewels are still there.
Maevious, my man, we're on the verge of selling away the kingdom! It better not come cheap. Milan fans, screw this "what's fair" and what's "not fair" as far as a deal goes. We are the ones being weakened and victimized, we better insist on long drawn-out, extreme hardball tactics from Galliani. He must force Chelsea and their bandwagon fans to wonder if this is all worth it. Let's see how rich this bastard Abromabitch is.
milancampioni
27-05-2006, 03:13
The best thing that Galiani must do, is not to sell Shevchenko, untill his contract ends and let him dying on the bench. All the efforts (backwards) of Abramovic and Murinio they' re doing, they'll not be able to make something bigger. Chelsea was a "village" team, so a "village" team will remain.....
Lancelot
27-05-2006, 03:16
I think that u all dreaming...Sheva was a very valuable player for us and Galliani showed that...I dont think that the whole transfer talks will be too hard at all.(and i mean that because he was a good player with very good relations with Milan Management, our very very good management, will not be the bad guy in his career...damn them)
"Take Tevez,Gallas,Robben,etc"...lol, yes why not...these deals will not even happen in CM or FM....
Ps
I put another why on the story...All year we all heard that sheva was on the edge with Carlito. Maybe he is another explanation, about his leave...
source: www.sheva7.com
SHEVA: " A message to my fans"
5/27/2006 10:12:00 AM
Yesterday it was a very difficult day for me and before taking this decision I thought about it for a long time. It has been a hard decision but I feel this is the right moment to think about my family and my children as they are the most important thing in my life.
Some days ago I explained my feelings to Silvio Berlusconi; he is a special person for me he is Godfather to my son. He listened to me and understood my feelings. "Do what is best for your life", he told me, and I will always be grateful to him for this and for what he has done for me and my family.
I also would like to thank the club and Mr Galliani for everything he has done to keep me.
But most of all this is a message to my fans to whom I ask to accept my decision. I have read your messages in the last few days and a lot of them have made me very emotional. I understand your disappointment and your sadness but I ask you to accept my choice as a man. What you have given to me in the last few years is something special , I have always felt at home with you.
You will always stay in my heart.
Andriy
:(
Hope you'll get what you've been dreaming of Andriy....but never dream about being a European Champion again, cos it will be Milan's for the next 5 years.....
Please, don't get Crespo back !!
I mean, he is really good, but he's getting old... Get more money from the transfer, and just buy a real superstar !!!
M
Sheva did what any responsible husband, father, and family man should do. Let us get over it already. Some of you are stuck on chapter 12 of a great story called Milan. I'm on chapter 15 and I can tell you that we have much promise to look forward to.
No doubt I too am upset at all this. Move on people... move on. If my memory serves me correctly... isnt there reason for his wife not wanting to be in Milan???? Wasnt she an ex-fiance of none other than Piersilvio Berlusconi? Talk about awkward. It was Sheva choice for love of his family that he did what he did. Respect that at least.
Lastly... Thank You Sheva for the memories. You almost got up there with MVB in my opinion. Looks like we'll never know huh??? While I do wish you luck and god speed in everything dealing with your family life, I must apologize if I wont do the same in your stint at Chelsea and the Premier League. Watch the legs and ankles while you play there!
Mahalo and ALOOOOHHAAA!
finally, sheva is leaving. great timing. we can squeeze all the money from chelsea and beef up our squad. do milan need sheva so much? remember this, we go all the way to UCL final in 2003 without sheva. even crespo scored 2 goals for us in the UCL final last year, sheva? in the semis against barca, how many did sheva scored? sheva might be the best striker in the world now but its not like milan cannot do without him. the fact is sheva can do anything without his milan teammates by his side. He need milan more than milan need him. its finally time for gila to step up and claim the no.1 striker for milan.
i would like us to get gallas in return and maybe also crespo as our 4th striker since he won't cost much and is pretty effective. i feel that we need to get another rui costa/kaka like player instead of a pure striker like Adriano who can't create for nuts.
CAB-MILAN83
27-05-2006, 04:31
i think that the next year will be very difficult:sheva will leave us,no stam,no rui costa and we buyed an old man FAVALI.Berlesconi had to buy 2 or 3 grate stars :d6: :rolleyes:
hwmook:the fact is sheva can do anything without his milan teammates by his side. He need milan more than milan need him
Hwmook.... Sheva was CL 99 top scorer and recieved UEFA's best striker award, before he joined Milan, so he was great before he came to Milan. And also he scored that famous hat-trick at Camp-Nou in 98.
I don't think Milan will recover from Sheva's departure in the next 2-3 years, or maybe more.
Milan4ever
27-05-2006, 05:11
i think that the next year will be very difficult:sheva will leave us,no stam,no rui costa and we buyed an old man FAVALI.Berlesconi had to buy 2 or 3 grate stars :d6: :rolleyes:Just realx man! Favalli is a backup and we WILL replace Sheva, just give it a little time, we're not even June!
why cant the kid learn italian?
MilanPerSempre
27-05-2006, 06:57
why cant the kid learn italian?
Because this is not the real reason for his departure! Aren't there international schools in Milan, where they teach in English? I'm sure there are!
Sheva leaves for a whole different reason.... I don't know which one, but I really have a feeling that the official reason he gave is just not the real one.
Anyway... I certainly respect the decision of Sheva! I wanna thank him for everything he has done for our team! For me he will always stay a great player with a fantastic personality!
Good luck for the future Andriy and thanks again!
true love exsits (a) just like me, i believe in it!
and not tevez :s btw they ask 50mil€ for tevez!!! and he isn't that great
mascherano+barzagli+1striker(torres or adriano,..)
Sheva can never be replaced ! Forget about that ! And stop the bullsh*t about him maybe not being missed !
We're all pissed in a way, because we feel a great loss... Let's not pretend anything else... He will be missed, and there's nothing we can do about it...
I can't believe it was an easy decision for him... So if he got over it, let's try to do the same...
Only thing, don't anyone start to blaspheme him ! Don't let your anger take the better of your reason...
Sheva is the greatest striker for the moment... I'm not afraid to state this... But as Galliani said, such tough times have been faced before when we lost some tremendous players to retirement or injuries...
Milan will get over it, but let's just never forget the fantastic man and player Sheva is !
Wish you all the best, and I hope you'll find what you're looking for, Sheva... Godspeed !
M
Mr.Bungle
27-05-2006, 07:16
Ohhh, i already said that in other disscusion... well...this is so f*cking sad... I'm back to this forum after like 3-4 years and i can remamber how we celebrated the signing of Sheva in 1999..he was the dreamy striker at the time and i guess there is no one on the market who would do the same inpact as he did 7 years ago... But i guess we still might find a good replacement...
whatever, just a little of the people i used to know are still here but i hope i'm gonna have every good time with all the (to me) new members.
If anyone remembers "Nedved" ....im sending greetings from Czech republic to all old pals...
This is sad but for me not that that emotional when Big George Weah, Leo or Zvone were leaving..i'm not quite sure if Sheva ever became that true milanista as all of those guys did...
But i don't wanna judge him...i'm not sure if the reason he said was the real thing but...he served us good 7 years... he always did his best and gave a lot of joy to all the fans... He's 29 and i udnerstand he's willing to try some new adventure...
Actually when i had last opportunity to talk with Ambrosini...he told me he's the nicest guy from the squad and his best friend out of the all player... So i still believe he was just really scared he might not experienced soemthing different in his career as he has won everything that was possible at Milan... Respect to Sheva! Forever!
I'm also glad there are players liek Gattuso, Pirlo or ironically Pippo Inzaghi who seems to be 100% loyal to the club and which might go in Maldinis footstep and became legends... but remamber... when Marco Van Basten was force to end his career he wasnt even Shevas age...and hes true legend to all Milan fans...so Sheva deserves our thanx too...
FORZA SHEVA
FORZA MILAN!
Lancelot
27-05-2006, 07:21
Just realx man! Favalli is a backup and we WILL replace Sheva, just give it a little time, we're not even June!
Did we needed a Backup of 34 years old in Milan? Thats the question mainly, but ok dont change the subject...But jesus, what is Milan? The cemetary where all the elephants come to die?
....
***you know why I edited this post***
AC_Vakas
27-05-2006, 07:42
I think what has been different is that we haven't really been linked with the big names this season.
Ballack - did we even approach him?
Henry - Barcelona were always seen as favourites but why wasn't Milan trying?
Cassano - we had a chance to get him on bargain price but we say no?
If we are to show the world that Milan is still an ambitious club then we need to buy world class players, not a 34 yr old who will be watching from the subs bench.
I know it is still early, and the World Cup is still to come, but I hope Galliani finds the next big talent in Germany so that we show Sheva that his move to Chel$ki was a mistake.
Lancelot
27-05-2006, 07:51
I fully agree...
What Sheva see of Milan?
He see that the Referee give us a bad night in Barcelona, that the team lacks of good defenders, that he has probs with Carlito and eventually that we DONT HAVE ANY AMBITION AT ALL. What is the logic, to buy Favalli? NONE. I cant understand them, why in the hell buy him? Is he Cafu or something?
We lack ambition, face it
*** Since original post has been edited, I won't quote it as to help remove such things from the forum ***
how dare you ?!
how dare you ?!
I just dared, whatchagonna do??
I am speaking as a football fan.
Leaving a football temple for hollow Chelscum.
I think what has been different is that we haven't really been linked with the big names this season.
Ballack - did we even approach him?
Henry - Barcelona were always seen as favourites but why wasn't Milan trying?
Cassano - we had a chance to get him on bargain price but we say no?
If we are to show the world that Milan is still an ambitious club then we need to buy world class players, not a 34 yr old who will be watching from the subs bench.
I know it is still early, and the World Cup is still to come, but I hope Galliani finds the next big talent in Germany so that we show Sheva that his move to Chel$ki was a mistake.
We didn't approach them, because back then, there was no reason, with Sheva, Gila and Inzaghi...
As for Ballack, when did we ever need him ? In my opinion, our midfield is having great displays and don't need him... (which doesn't mean I don't think he's a tremendous player, NB)
Now indeed, let's hope they find The One to fit in our attack...
Anyway, forza Sheva, forza Milan !
M
I just dared, whatchagonna do??
I am speaking as a football fan.
$heva is a piece of ****, greedy mercenary.
Leaving a football temple for hollow Chelscum.
Can't agree more
To be honest, I must admit that my reaction is more along the line of Franco, devoted dm, and warro. To me, Sheva has betrayed Milan---no matter what the reason, well, I'll take that back---this whole english-learning thing is the most lame excuse I've ever heard from a millionaire superstar footballer who can afford to charter a private jet to London everyday ).
Im with yo in this one. Completly agree, Sheva sold us out.
INteresting thing : on iskon.hr forum one guy says he has met sheva's private ENGLISH teacher and her housband on Adriatic sea 2 years ago....
Lies,lies...Sheva needed to learn " money language " a bit more....
I just dared, whatchagonna do??
I am speaking as a football fan.
$heva is a piece of ****, greedy mercenary.
Leaving a football temple for hollow Chelscum.
get lost idiot
I just dared, whatchagonna do??
I am speaking as a football fan.
*** Here as well, I edit it, as to help the mods keeping such thoughts away from a Milan forum ***
What am I gonna do? Nuttin... I got better to do than spend time thinking of that...
I just think you might wanna show some more respect... Certainly considering the fact that I'm afraid you're even more pissed off by seeing him joining a rival club of the one you support, than by seeing him leaving Milan... Ain't that right?
Anyway, I don't want to start no "fight" down here... That's not a priority for me...
I just can't take it seeing people insulting him, while we actually don't even know the reasons for him leaving... (since I'm not quite convinced by the explanation he gave... But can we blame him for not opening his private life to everyone?)
M
AC_Vakas
27-05-2006, 08:12
I just did some calculations using the first team on the official acmilan.com website and I have realised our average age is 30.91. This is way too old for a team that is challenging for Serie A, Coppa Italia and Champions League!
This team is in serious need of transformation. I know what you guys will say, how can you let Maldini and Costacurta go when they have served us so well. Lets be realistic here, do you want Costacurta playing for us when he is collecting his senior citizens discount? I think us Milan fans have become so emotionally attached to these great players that we have ignored their faults. We need fresh blood! Bring in Gallas! Bring in Oddo! Bring in Diarra! Bring in Tevez/Torres!
Rui Costa, Stam, and Sheva won't be here next season so already it won't be the same, but we have also bought a 34 yr old. Let us now focus on creating a new Milan, one that is hungry for success and one that will bring us glory once again.
One last warning--STOP WITH THE THREATS!!
It's obvious som eof you are having a very hard time dealign with this, but seriously why threaten a former player? Can anyone explain that logically? Sorry but as Admin and owner of this forum, there's no place for threats here. I don't care what sort of conspiracy theory you want to come up with, I don't care how angry or upset this makes you--show some respect.
I just dared, whatchagonna do??
I am speaking as a football fan.
$heva is a piece of ****, greedy mercenary.
Leaving a football temple for hollow Chelscum.
Perhaps when you folks have a wife and a son you'll in time understand. With such time you'll even be able to forgive. The hurt is there so to some degree I understand some of the anger.
The vets here in MM... you all know of my respect for you folks, but I think it be best to get this anger all out very soon. Dont let this consume you. Negotiations have only started. You never know... maybe a change of heart by his wife to come to Milan. We have yet to fully know any of the speculated motivations at all. I'll take Sheva's word at this time as a family issue. Any family issue supercedes anything to do with Milan and we must respect that, whether we like this transfer or not. This is his family he's talking about and no one has the right to go as far as what you have said STYLES. Your posts and any such vitriolic posts as this is very close to crossing the line. Actually the line has been crossed. I wont get to much into this as I said the hurt is there much more for others than for some. I'll forgive you all at this time. Come next week, next month, next season... if this still comes up, I and any sensible Milanisti shouldnt be so forgiving with such sentiments.
FORZA MILAN!
One last warning--STOP WITH THE THREATS!!
It's obvious som eof you are having a very hard time dealign with this, but seriously why threaten a former player? Can anyone explain that logically? Sorry but as Admin and owner of this forum, there's no place for threats here. I don't care what sort of conspiracy theory you want to come up with, I don't care how angry or upset this makes you--show some respect.
Here! Here! BTW folks... Sheva is still a Rossoneri. The ink hasnt been put to paper.
Egoistka
27-05-2006, 08:33
On TV they said that for Sheva we get smth like 44 million dollars and Sheva is gonna be paid 11 million dollars every year in Chelsea...
Egoistka
27-05-2006, 08:46
I dont know if someone have already posted it here...forgive me if someone already did..I ll post it here anyway:
SHEVA: " A message to my fans"
5/27/2006 10:12:00 AM
Yesterday it was a very difficult day for me and before taking this decision I thought about it for a long time. It has been a hard decision but I feel this is the right moment to think about my family and my children as they are the most important thing in my life.
Some days ago I explained my feelings to Silvio Berlusconi; he is a special person for me he is Godfather to my son. He listened to me and understood my feelings. "Do what is best for your life", he told me, and I will always be grateful to him for this and for what he has done for me and my family.
I also would like to thank the club and Mr Galliani for everything he has done to keep me.
But most of all this is a message to my fans to whom I ask to accept my decision. I have read your messages in the last few days and a lot of them have made me very emotional. I understand your disappointment and your sadness but I ask you to accept my choice as a man. What you have given to me in the last few years is something special , I have always felt at home with you.
You will always stay in my heart.
Andriy
www.sheva7.com
ACMILAN1983
27-05-2006, 08:47
Right, lets get something straight here. Sheva is leaving Milan, we're all upset.
HOWEVER, do NOT break the forum rules by swearing and especially threatening players. To those who have, its sickening to see such a disgusting attitude and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Styles, you better get yourself sorted out, we don't tolerate the behaviour you have shown.
zlatanov
27-05-2006, 08:53
I just did some calculations using the first team on the official acmilan.com website and I have realised our average age is 30.91. This is way too old for a team that is challenging for Serie A, Coppa Italia and Champions League!
No one really cares about Coppa Italia, apart from Inter that is. It's a dead-end trophy that teams like Milan use to give their reserve players some playing time.
I also did some calculations from the top of my head and realised that Milan and Barca are the only teams in Europe with a very realistic chance of getting that double. And we have come to doing it as close as it gets.
Barac did it cause the Primera right now is a one-team league as all the other usual suspects (Real, Depor, Valencia, etc) are going through some rather rough times. What we have to deal with in Serie A is a black-and-white mafia.
Don't you think that our success may very well be due to the experience (aka age) of the team as a whole? One could argue that by dropping the team's age, we will not only come very close to a double but actually win one every single year. But one could also argue that rejuvanating the team will have exactly the opposite effect.
Let's be more patient with the management. They are well aware that we need fresh blood in some key places throughout the team as we have kept the same nucleus for about 4 years now. But that doesn't mean that we have to or we are going to flood the team with 22-23 yo kids so that we reach Arsenal's average age.
Right, lets get something straight here. Sheva is leaving Milan, we're all upset.
HOWEVER, do NOT break the forum rules by swearing and especially threatening players. To those who have, its sickening to see such a disgusting attitude and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Styles, you better get yourself sorted out, we don't tolerate the behaviour you have shown.
Well done Dev....well done.
Egoistka
27-05-2006, 09:04
I found this post on another forum:
Andriy "Judas Iscariot" Shevchenko:
"The only way to be able to teach our children our love that we have for them is the English language."
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=59078
There is a big article, read it if didnt yet...Sounds strange...
I found this post on another forum:
Andriy "Judas Iscariot" Shevchenko:
"The only way to be able to teach our children our love that we have for them is the English language."
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=59078
There is a big article, read it if didnt yet...Sounds strange...
It wouldnt be strange at all. For the love you have for your husband you have taken the task to learn italian. Now when the time comes for you to have children Ego... it would not be "strange" for you and your husband to perhaps teach your kids italian, russian, or english. The point is that it is his family and no one has the right to interfere or make judgements on what is "love" for his children. I'll call it fair if some are angry at him for leaving us, but to call his statements regarding his family "strange" is not for us to judge upon.
BTW... Congrats on your wedding. May you be blessed with all the happines in your new family and a new page to your life.
triniman
27-05-2006, 11:06
$hevchoker is a liar
Grow up man.......you have been warned before...please do not let us have to ban you
zlatanov
27-05-2006, 11:11
Who is this Styles??
a deeply depressed ManU fan
I said before Sheva leaves us just like other players (Rui, Brochi, Vieri...), are we fair to hate him because of the 170 goals he scored for us? Not at all.
Players move from a club to another where they see greater prospect and clubs buy and sell players when they see their value and service or simply they hope to make some money. Football is a business, it really a money business, only us, we are fans we talk about loves for the stars but all the stars and club will not survive without money.
Let's stop all your crying, all your threats all your swear.
I just noticed one thing, it was Sheva that made me a Milan follower, now Sheva is no longer a ACM player but I am still a Milan folower. I have a wrong wife today, she is a Chelsea fan.
I just noticed one thing, it was Sheva that made me a Milan follower, now Sheva is no longer a ACM player but I am still a Milan folower.
This is exactly how I feel about Milan. I became a Milan fan in 1999 because of Andriy, when I was just 6, but now I am a Milan supporter. But we still can't forget what Sheva has done for the club.
Something my dad noticed: Jordan is not even 2 years old, right? And Sheva is already 30. In 5-6 years Sheva will have to start thinking about retirement. And by that time he will be past his prime and I doubt Chelsea will want to buy him and pay him such a large amount of money. So why can't Jordan be learning Italian and English at the same time, while still in Italy? Isn't it true that the younger you are exposed to languages, the better you learn them. And when Sheva's career at Milan is over, him and his family can move to London where Jordan can get an English education. All this talk about family issues is bullcrap.
Egoistka
27-05-2006, 12:18
It wouldnt be strange at all. For the love you have for your husband you have taken the task to learn italian. Now when the time comes for you to have children Ego... it would not be "strange" for you and your husband to perhaps teach your kids italian, russian, or english. The point is that it is his family and no one has the right to interfere or make judgements on what is "love" for his children. I'll call it fair if some are angry at him for leaving us, but to call his statements regarding his family "strange" is not for us to judge upon.
BTW... Congrats on your wedding. May you be blessed with all the happines in your new family and a new page to your life.
Thanks for congratulations...I dont judge..I just said that it sounds strange..I tryed to understand what he meant by it and still didnt find the meaning. Is it because Karen is from USA? What about my children, I ll try to teach them all 3 languages...and will do everything what is possible to make them speak perfect Russian and Italian..English they ll speak anyway, coz we live in the UK.
Egoistka
27-05-2006, 12:22
This is exactly how I feel about Milan. I became a Milan fan in 1999 because of Andriy, when I was just 6, but now I am a Milan supporter. But we still can't forget what Sheva has done for the club.
Something my dad noticed: Jordan is not even 2 years old, right? And Sheva is already 30. In 5-6 years Sheva will have to start thinking about retirement. And by that time he will be past his prime and I doubt Chelsea will want to buy him and pay him such a large amount of money. So why can't Jordan be learning Italian and English at the same time, while still in Italy? Isn't it true that the younger you are exposed to languages, the better you learn them. And when Sheva's career at Milan is over, him and his family can move to London where Jordan can get an English education. All this talk about family issues is bullcrap.
I agree with your statement...Coz what, if I want my child to speak Russian I need to move from the UK immidiately? No..sure i am not going to do that......I ll just speak Russian with him or her at home...
sheva_4ever
27-05-2006, 12:59
Chelsea have money so it must not take much time until deal be over
but chelsea will do wat they can to pay us less becoz we are their rivals in europe
KingHenry®
27-05-2006, 13:36
i hope to god wen hes playin for chelsea some goes for his legs pretty bad and hes out for atleast half the year
GRE-NO-LI
27-05-2006, 13:54
Did we needed a Backup of 34 years old in Milan? Thats the question mainly, but ok dont change the subject...But jesus, what is Milan? The cemetary where all the elephants come to die?
....
I couldn't agree more with you: we MUST show more ambition!!!
But otherwise I don't think $hevchenko (yes, I will not use 'Sheva' anymore, 'cause I reserve aliases and diminutives only to people I like and respect) is not all leaving us due to our lack of ambition: he's leaving us because he's entranced with russian's mafia dirty money.
i hope to god wen hes playin for chelsea some goes for his legs pretty bad and hes out for atleast half the year
I hope that u loose your legs,how the **** can u be so retarded?
SupremeMilan and GRE-NO-LI, these kind of talks don't below on this forum...
M
zlatanov
27-05-2006, 14:21
SupremeMilan and GRE-NO-LI, these kind of talks don't below on this forum...
M
Not only do they not belong on this forum, they don't belong in the head of anyone who has even half a brain.
So everyone does realise that now we will be playing Chelsea at some point in the CL.
If he scores against us his celebration will tell us what he thinks of us.
GRE-NO-LI
27-05-2006, 14:49
Not only do they not belong on this forum, they don't belong in the head of anyone who has even half a brain.
They belong to people who have guts and pride, but not to spineless idiots that accept everything with disguting conformism.
zlatanov
27-05-2006, 14:56
They belong to people who have guts and pride, but not to spineless idiots that accept everything with disguting conformism.
guts and pride have nothing to do with this. Quite the opposite, if you have pride, you should raise above these "prime" reactions of whishing someone you dislike to break their legs or whatever.
I hate it when people use words, whose meaning they have no idea of.
As for the conformism, I am not the one 95% of whose posts represent pointless follow-ups like "that's right buddy" or "right on spot, my friend" without adding anything of substance to the discussion. So, it's kind of ironic that you speak of "conformism".
And again, think first before you speak. And don't tell me that you do it 'cause if that was the case, you would have never posted the above, accusing someone of things that you yourself do all the time ;)
P.S. And never knew that wishing someone to berak their legs had anything to do with having GUTS ... fcs, why do I even expect some revolutionary-wanna-be sitting behind a desk, reading books, and changing the world to be able to tell me what "having guts" really means.
If you live in a hole, you'd better don't get out of it.
I am the first to admit that its wrong to wish Sheva a broken leg or something like that, but when people say he is a BRUTAL lier then I cant see whats is so wrong with that, there wasn't long ago he said he wanted to retire in Milan, a pretty bold statement considered that he was on his way to London.
PS. This its just my opinion nothing more nothing less
MMMMIIILLLAAAAAN
i hope to god wen hes playin for chelsea some goes for his legs pretty bad and hes out for atleast half the year
That is without a doubt the most idiotic comment I've ever seen posted in this forum. :5130:
If u would have been a proud person that u claim u are u would have said sumthing like this : milan is above any player,but no u choose to atack a person and u think oh yeah im saying stuff like break his legs on the internet oh yeah **** sheva how cool am i ,i am true milan fan,oh yeah **** me im famous......
GRE-NO-LI
27-05-2006, 15:34
guts and pride have nothing to do with this. Quite the opposite, if you have pride, you should raise above these "prime" reactions of whishing someone you dislike to break their legs or whatever.
I hate it when people use words, whose meaning they have no idea of.
As for the conformism, I am not the one 95% of whose posts represent pointless follow-ups like "that's right buddy" or "right on spot, my friend" without adding anything of substance to the discussion. So, it's kind of ironic that you speak of "conformism".
And again, think first before you speak. And don't tell me that you do it 'cause if that was the case, you would have never posted the above, accusing someone of things that you yourself do all the time ;)
P.S. And never knew that wishing someone to berak their legs had anything to do with having GUTS ... fcs, why do I even expect some revolutionary-wanna-be sitting behind a desk, reading books, and changing the world to be able to tell me what "having guts" really means.
If you live in a hole, you'd better don't get out of it.
What you really hate, 'good'old' bastard named Zlatanov, is any manifestion of free thinking, any kind of critical independence. I never said that I want $hevchenko to break his legs, so you are only a GODDAMNED LIAR AND SCOUNDREL that acuses people of saying what they never spoke. I only said, and will go on saying, that $hevchenko leaves us not because of his family, but mainly because he's mesmerized by Abramovitch's finantial power. Only incurable and complete IDIOTS like you believes on that crappy talkings of 'family problems'.
Regarding the question of having pride and guts, a ridiculous and pathetic conformist like you can't teach lessons to anyone. You express all aspects of the reactionary frame of mind at it's worst, and I can say that 100% of your posts are composed by repulsive manifestations of deplorable mediocrity and spineless bowing to every decision of Milan's board. I can state that you really embody to the full all that is despicable in humanity.
Finally, as everyone here can perfectly see, I never begin any polemics with that fvckin' hateful NAZI named Zlatanov, I only react to his agressions.
triniman
27-05-2006, 15:44
They belong to people who have guts and pride, but not to spineless idiots that accept everything with disguting conformism.
I've always allowed people to speak their minds.....but what grounds do you have for calling someone gutless or questioning their pride....do you know them/us personally.....have u walked a mile in my shoes or anyone here in fact to warrant such attacks....
The next time i see you making such statements i will take it as a personal attack on not only me , but the members of this forum...and if that is the case then i would adivse you to move along and find another forum where speaking loudest and not taking into account other people's opinions is encouraged...but as long as u want to remain in this forum you have to abide by the laws stated.....
end of discussion
I am the first to admit that its wrong to wish Sheva a broken leg or something like that, but when people say he is a BRUTAL lier then I cant see whats is so wrong with that, there wasn't long ago he said he wanted to retire in Milan, a pretty bold statement considered that he was on his way to London.
PS. This its just my opinion nothing more nothing less
MMMMIIILLLAAAAAN
People change their minds. Situations change. Often people go along in life for many years in a happy situation that they believe is permanent, but life's circumstances lead them to change their minds and take them to new circumstances. That does not make them liars.
You know, those of you who are bashing Sheva and his wife are not in any way harming them. You are only harming yourselves by building up such anger inside you. You are only making yourselves unhappy, not them. So you would be better served to let your anger go, accept things as they are and move on. Sheva will soon be a Chelsea player and nothing that you think or that you say here will change that. Rather than spoiling your memories of the past seven years, hold onto them. Cherish them. And look forward to the future as Milan continues to be the greatest club in the world. If Milan were merely about one player, I would find another club. But Milan is much, much more than that.
What is really funny about Gre-No-Li is that he constantly talks about free thinking...
yet is such a supporter of communism and Stalin :v46:
GRE-NO-LI
27-05-2006, 16:02
If Milan were merely about one player, I would find another club. But Milan is much, much more than that.
That's the way I think too. We're a unique side, so let's forget that guy and move ahead!
GRE-NO-LI
27-05-2006, 16:04
That's the way I think too. We're a unique side, so let's forget that guy and move ahead!
Excuse me, Vadim: I never was, I'm not and I never will be a stalinist, quite the opposite: I'm a trotskist.
I have to confess that I finally found a reason to have people in my Ignore List...
this way I don't have to bother reading posts that I already know what they are going to say... if anybody feels like doing this, you can... go to USER CP (upper left corner of this page)...
Sad, but sometimes there's just no other way...
Excuse me, Vadim: I never was, I'm not and I never will be a stalinist, quite the opposite: I'm a trotskist.
I remember you using the expression 'For the Love of Lenin and Stalin'
But I'm stopping this argument here, its gone on far enough.
triniman
27-05-2006, 16:07
This topic is about sheva leaving and nothing else......anyone else caught violating the laws of the forum in this thread and i will have it closed, and any others where people feel the need to attack or question people pride or anything else....
I could understand venting, but this has gone to far.....and since you all want to act like kinds then i will treat you all like kids....
everyone leave Gre-No-Li alone....do not quote him or respond to any more of his outbursts in any occur....
Gre-No-Li .....same goes for you...any more attacks on anyone and this thread will be closed...and if another one is openned and this continues then heavier punishment will be imposed
GRE-NO-LI
27-05-2006, 16:08
It was only an irony, Vadim.
BTW: I'm an admirer of Lenin, but not of Stalin.
Of course you are right Rick but sometime it feels good to blow of some steam, but again you are right nothing we say or do changes anything, but it is hard for people to deal with **** like this.
You know, those of you who are bashing Sheva and his wife are not in any way harming them
OK, back to the thread, like triniman said
You know, those of you who are bashing Sheva and his wife are not in any way harming them. You are only harming yourselves by building up such anger inside you. You are only making yourselves unhappy, not them. So you would be better served to let your anger go, accept things as they are and move on. Sheva will soon be a Chelsea player and nothing that you think or that you say here will change that. Rather than spoiling your memories of the past seven years, hold onto them. Cherish them. And look forward to the future as Milan continues to be the greatest club in the world. If Milan were merely about one player, I would find another club. But Milan is much, much more than that.
Another great post, Rick. I will not say anything about Sheva again, I may have before, but that was only in the heat of the moment. I feel somewhat betrayed by him, like all of us, but we can not deny the contributions he has made to the club. There are so many memories of him, I can't even bear to watch a compilation of him anymore without shedding tears.
That's the way I think too. We're a unique side, so let's forget that guy and move ahead!
He will never be forgotten, Gre-No-Li. Considering all the contributions he has made to the club, and his controversial exit, he won't be forgotten. He is already a chapter in Milan's history.
GRE-NO-LI
27-05-2006, 16:23
Yes, I know that... in the future perhaps we'll remember him fondly, but not now.
Well, you're a ukrainian, so I fully understand that he's for you much more than a Milan or Chelsea player, he's a national idol, and never will change that, of course.
ukrainian_CA
27-05-2006, 16:53
Yes, I know that... in the future perhaps we'll remember him fondly, but not now.
Well, you're a ukrainian, so I fully understand that he's for you much more than a Milan or Chelsea player, he's a national idol, and never will change that, of course.
Same goes for me. Andrey will be probably the best ukrainian player in many years to come, hopefully not that many ...) What we want now is our national team to perform best at the world cup and the younger generation to get stronger and better on the pitch.
Why do people change jobs? Usually there is more than one reason: future cash flow, location and convienience, abmition/self-respect/stress etc. After a while, if the routine goes on and nothing new comes out of the employer-employee relationship, such relationship ends abruptly. Someone noticed here that Andrey has been looking stressed-out lately, we know partly why now - part of it is his wife, part of it was the team and the coach.
Yes, Andrey's departure seems like a treason to the fans. One the other hand, how many of the fans know what is going on with the guy. Maybe if he did not quit this year, he would be on the bench most of the next year or two, maybe he knows the stuff cannot go on the way it has been over the recent past, maybe he is fed up with the coach and himself and his life in general in Milan. No fan can know that, and no fan seems to understand that, except very few. Change is good sometimes, especially on a personal level. It does not matter what the angry crowd accuses him of, life goes on.
There is a good saying "we are the decisions we make", and another one: "any decision that is fully executed is a correct one". They seem to be in disagreement, but they are not.
Think about it.
GRE-NO-LI
27-05-2006, 17:22
An off topic remark to the ukrainians:
Political reasons and national feelings aside, a reunited USSR squad would be very strong nowadays, don't you think?
I don't know how strong, they would probably make it to all the World Cups but I don't think they would be too successful there.
What I would love to see is a former USSR Championship. It is getting tiring in the Ukrainian League watching Dynamo Kyiv and Shakhtar Donetsk battle out for the top two spots every year. It would be much more entertaining if there would be matches like Dynamo Kyiv-Spartak Moskva, and all the other strong Russian teams.
ukrainian_CA
27-05-2006, 17:33
An off topic remark to the ukrainians:
Political reasons and national feelings aside, a reunited USSR squad would be very strong nowadays, don't you think?
I doubt, it would be about the same quality, maybe a tad better if you bring Hleb from Belarus as well. There is a lack of good midfielders and defenders in Ukraine. Probably same is true for the Russia's squad.
ukrainian_CA
27-05-2006, 17:36
I don't know how strong, they would probably make it to all the World Cups but I don't think they would be too successful there.
What I would love to see is a former USSR Championship. It is getting tiring in the Ukrainian League watching Dynamo Kyiv and Shakhtar Donetsk battle out for the top two spots every year. It would be much more entertaining if there would be matches like Dynamo Kyiv-Spartak Moskva, and all the other strong Russian teams.
That would be great but it won't happen. There are spots for CL and UEFA in each championship and two separate Euro raiting for the counties, two bad, but true.
Ukraine is suffering from a lack of younger domestic players of the same quality as that of the forigners competing in Dynamo and Shakhtar. The only good football school left is in my beloved Dnipro. Will see, but it does not look good at all.
rahul.acm
27-05-2006, 18:46
OK BTTP
Does anyone know Mauro Suma? He is the director of Milan Channel. On his site he gave a rough figure of 70mn euros (not sure if any player is included or not). It can be found on this site http://www.maurosuma.it/forum.asp (you will have to scroll down on the site and its in Italian so...
got it from a member from another forum
triniman
27-05-2006, 18:52
yes i also heard a figure of 70 million US and gallas...not a bad piece of business if u ask me
GRE-NO-LI
27-05-2006, 19:39
Vadim and Ukrainian CA:
So do you think the perspective of a Commonwealth of Independent States Football League, including sides from Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, is a impossible dream?
And goin' back to the topic:
70 M + Gallas? Now that's what I call a REAL DEAL, not that miserable talkings about 35 M + Crespo or Gallas!
:nunu:
What does it take? Or maybe a few of you actually want to be barred from posting for a few weeks or maybe you'd prefer being banned, you tell me. NO more stupidity about this, people. No more snide names in signatures, no more backstabbing and name-calling. yes, I will continue to edit or even delete posts, and yes I will wipe out signatures if I have to. Enough said. Public warnings are all I'm going to do, next step is going to have to be barring or banning of people who cannot listen and follow a few simple requests.
ukrainian_CA
27-05-2006, 20:28
Vadim and Ukrainian CA:
So do you think the perspective of a Commonwealth of Independent States Football League, including sides from Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, is a impossible dream?
And goin' back to the topic:
70 M + Gallas? Now that's what I call a REAL DEAL, not that miserable talkings about 35 M + Crespo or Gallas!
yes, an impossible dream.
70M is not that far off, since Roma A. offered 57M pounds last year. One year is off and 1.8 roughly is the conversion of pounds to USD.
IMHO the REAL PROBLEM now is to find Sheva's replacement and not the sum of money we're going to get from Chelski.
Some said Eto'o..is this possible.. difficult!! Some said Ibra....is he worth coming to Milanello..nobody can guarantee!! Some said Tevez....could he suit Italian playing style...no one knows as he never try to!! Some said Suazo from Cagliari..is he really good?? With Cagliari ..yesss but with Milan...again no one could guarantee.....
So...it's better wait the news to come from the management as we in this forum has no power nor influnce to decide who will be coming. Then..why should we argue each other???
Maybe...just maybe ,,Signor Galliani could stop Sheva to go by asking a fortune amount of poundsterling that Abramovich refuse to pay..or asked for EP50M + Gallas + Terry (whose wife asked him to move to Italy to be able to learn Italian ;) ;) )
Again..at this very moment we cn do nothing but wait...
One thing is for sure..Milan will still exist and remain strong even without Sheva...believe me...even stronger would be possible too.
So everyone does realise that now we will be playing Chelsea at some point in the CL.
If he scores against us his celebration will tell us what he thinks of us.
Chelski would be eliminated just on their performance in 3rd pase of next CL.
So we won't be seeing any celebration from their side.. :nana: :nana:
Todays paper:
AC Milan are the favourites to sign out-of-favour Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy. (News of the World)
AC Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko will join Chelsea, but William Gallas will not be moving in the opposite direction. (Daily Star on Sunday)
Gallas has said he wants to join Milan
Sheva has only said he wants to leave Milan
We better not get pushed around in this deal. Gallas better join us if Sheva moves the other way.
GRE-NO-LI
28-05-2006, 01:50
RVN? No, please... it will be another move on the wrong direction, just like Amoroso or Vieri...
Abramovich scucirà 50 mln per Sheva: tra i possibili eredi rispunta Eto'o
Dopo l'annuncio dell'addio al Milan, nei prossimi giorni si intensificherà la trattativa con il Chelsa per la cessione di Andriy Shevchenko. Secondo la stampa inglese, per il cartellino dell'attaccante ucraino il club di Abramovich sborserà 35 milioni di sterline (circa 50 mln di euro), cifra che potrebbe scendere se nell'operazione dovesse rientrare anche il difensore francese William Gallas.
Per quanto riguarda il sostituto di Sheva al Milan, si fanno i nomi di Ibrahimovic, Suazo e Ronaldo, mentre sembra da escludere la pista Adriano che Moratti con concederebbe mai ai cugini rossoneri.
Torna invece d'attualità l'opzione Samuel Eto'o. Il presidente del Barcellona, Joan Laporta ha ammesso che la società si sta preparando all'assalto di un altro club ad un suo giocatore (si parla del Real Madrid su Messi ed appunto del Milan su Eto'o). Al posto del camerunense, il Barcellona prenderebbe Fernando Torres dell'Atletico Madrid.
Intanto lo stesso Shevchenko prova a spiegare ai tifosi: "Venerdi per me è stato veramente difficile - ha dichiarato attraverso le pagine del suo sito ufficiale - Ho pensato molto prima di decidere. La mia è stata una scelta sofferta ma sento che è arrivato il momento di pensare al futuro della mia famiglia e dei miei figli, che sono la cosa più importante della mia vita. Berlusconi mi ha detto di fare ciò che è meglio per me. Ringrazio Galliani che han fatto tutto quanto era possibile, e molto di più, per trattenermi. Tifosi, vi chiedo di accettare la mia scelta. Ho letto i vostri messaggi in questi giorni, molti mi hanno fatto venire le lacrime agli occhi. Capisco anche la vostra rabbia e la delusione, ma vi chiedo di accettare la mia scelta come uomo. Quello che mi avete dato in questi anni è unico, mi avete fatto sempre sentire a casa. Stare in curva con voi è stata una delle emozioni più forti della mia vita. Voi avete una parte del mio cuore e ci starete per sempre".
From www.calciomercato.com
Abramovich scucirà 50 mln for Sheva: between possible eredi rispunta the Eto'o After the announcement of the goodbye to the Milan, in the next few days the negotiation with the Chelsa for the cession of Andriy Shevchenko will be intensified. According to the English press, for cartellino of the forward ucraino the club of Abramovich it will disburse 35 million pounds (approximately 50 mln of euro), figure that could come down if in the operation had to re-enter also the French defender William Gallas. As far as the substitute of Sheva to the Milan, the names of Ibrahimovic, Suazo and Ronaldo are made, while it seems to exclude the Adrian track that Moratti with would never grant to the rossoneri cousinses. It returns instead of the present time the option Samuel Eto'o. The president of Barcelona, Joan Laporta has admitted that the society is being prepared for the onslaught of an other club to a its player (is spoken exactly about the Real Madrid on Puttinges and about the Milan on Eto'o). To the place of the camerunense, Barcelona would take to Fernando Torres of the Athletic Madrid. While the same Shevchenko tries to explain to the tifosi: “Friday for me has been truly difficult - it has declared through the pages of its situated official - has thought a lot before deciding. Mine has been one chosen suffered but I feel that the moment has arrived to think next to the future of my family and my sons, that they are the more important thing of my life. Berlusconi has said to make that to me that it is better for me. Ringrazio Galliani that han made all how much were possible, and a lot more, in order to withhold to me. Tifosi, I ask you to accept my choice. I have read your messages in these days, many have made me to come the tears to the eyes. I understand also your anger and the disappointment, but I ask you to accept my choice like man. What you have given to me in these years is only, you have always made to feel me to house. To be in curve with you has been one of the stronger emotions of my life. You have a part of my heart and there will be in order always”.
i hope to god wen hes playin for chelsea some goes for his legs pretty bad and hes out for atleast half the year
idiot !!!!!!
KingHenry®
28-05-2006, 11:03
I really dont see what the problem we is, we all hold the same thoughts but im the first 2 speak my mind,
hes coming to play here rite? does he even know anything about chelsea? they have the most hooligan supporters in the epl, the club is goin to be so hard 2 mix in to, and u all know the papparazi in england is much worse than in italy they wont let his wife breathe but i still do wish him the best, its just going to br so hard watching him in a blue shirt rather than red and black. all i have done in the past is hated him for his decision, y did he promise so much if he couldnt stand by his word? from now on i wont be so harsh and if i have upset any of you people i am sorry..
rahul.acm
28-05-2006, 13:43
Sheva joins Arsenal (http://www.arsenal.com/player.asp?PLID=6618)
:ilol:
Sheva joins Arsenal (http://www.arsenal.com/player.asp?PLID=6618)
:ilol:
that true?????Omg if thats true henry + sheva = 325243643263 goals:D
fifamaster
28-05-2006, 15:14
All I have been doing these last two days is trying to comprehend this whole situation and
I'm still not done! There are too many ways to look at this, too many angles.
- I respect his decision, whatever reason he has, if he doesn't want to be part of the greatest
club in the world, then fine
- I disrespect his lies, he was a living legend, he was probably the only 'foreigner' that would ever
come close to number-retiring like Baresi and Maldini
- Milan is f#cked; this is the apocalypse, we haven't won anything in two years and now we lose
the best striker in the world
- Milan is blessed; we can sell a 29old for a amount double he's worth and start a revolution with
younger more talented players
There are so many positives and negatives, it's real hard to draw the sum up. But I think there's
one BIG negative that's impossible to be countered, it's our identity. If people ask me why I am a
Milan supporter, I always make the comparison between us and Juve. I explain to them that Juve
is a business and we are a family. When players come to Milan and they are not good enough, we
sell them, but when they are good enough, they become part of the family and most of the times
they retire with us. In our history there has never been a player that wanted to leave Milan and
that's something that makes me extremely proud. I always tell this to people and even people that
know nothing at all about football understand why I am a rossonero. With pride I always said;
'Milan don't sell their players, maybe sometimes when they're not good enough, but besides that
we will never not even for all the money in the world. Good players come here to play and retire.'
Maybe this sounds a little too dramatic, but it's how I feel; Sheva isn't just leaving but he's taking
one of the bricks that built Milan with him. And this is making me even sadder than I already was.
KingHenry®
28-05-2006, 16:21
fifa exactly the points you made were good, i say the same thing that we are a family but ever since shevy has decided 2 leave its all crumbling down
but we have 2 destroy & rebuild much stronger, i just hope we bounce back
sheva-gila
28-05-2006, 17:13
Iv just visit chelse fansite thay are celebreting geting sheva in chelski here is a post from chelski fan
"I just hope I will be voting for Shev next year having scored 20+ in the PL, and the winner against Barca in the CL final!!!!!!!!!!!!"
when we gonna to that and geting some ala ronaldinho or ????
Now Sheva's website appears to be down ... probably going to come back in blue colours in a bit.
Seriously, I can understand Shevas decision (though it isn't the best of reasons/excuses), but am of course saddened - especially after all his has given to Milan, I thought he'd have been with us to the end of his career. I just hope Milan can recover from this by buying a new stirker similar to Sheva (skill/goals), and also strengthen the squad for next season in the defence and midfield.
Anyway, Forza Sheva + Forza Milan!
Just to be honest, his reason is plain stupid.
sheva_4ever
29-05-2006, 01:57
chelsea fans are crazy.
This is wise selling from us also.Sheva is 29 after 3 or 4 years from now...we were all going to think who will replace sheva as his career was going to be over.
its wise thing to do to make money on him now.
we can go and get a great striker whose very young.
Giovanni
29-05-2006, 02:24
Sheva will miss our Curva Sud..he could become a legend, and well paid as well. He has no respect for our fans, his stupid excuse to go is ridiculous
If Milan finds an agreement with Fulham his will to learn english would be fullfilled nonetheless..i doubt he would accept it..that's the evidence that what matters for him are just MONEYS + a political role in Ukraine thanks to his friend Abramovich
Italians for the jersey, i'm sick of these mercenaries with no respect for our jersey, our fans, our history, our tradition.
Sheva will miss our Curva Sud..he could become a legend, and well paid as well. He has no respect for our fans, his stupid excuse to go is ridiculous
If Milan finds an agreement with Fulham his will to learn english would be fullfilled nonetheless..i doubt he would accept it..that's the evidence that what matters for him are just MONEYS + a political role in Ukraine thanks to his friend Abramovich
Italians for the jersey, i'm sick of these mercenaries with no respect for our jersey, our fans, our history, our tradition.
Come on, man, pay a little respect... Even if you're dissapointed or angry, keep on respecting him as you did over the past 7 years, when he stayed in Milan and helped the team to the top...
M
Giovanni
29-05-2006, 03:56
I've paid respect when it really was important
When your wife betray you with your neighboor, then no respect is possible. Maybe in time to come, but not now. My blood is too hot to forgive now. I don't understand him and i don't know if i ever will.
Imagine Sheva with Chelsea shirt makes me sick. Imagine Sheva scoring an brace against us and kicking us out of CL makes me sick. His reasons to leave make me sick.
I just want a bit of International football, at least if you're english or italian you can't change it. NEVER
I understand your feeling... And believe me, I feel sick about thinking of him playing in any other shirt than the Rossoneri... Yet it's his decision, and I don't think we should blame him that hard...
I don't think it's been an easy decision for him either, and I'm sure he's as broken as we are... Yet for whatever reasons, this decision seemed inevitable, therefore, let's just respect the fact, and let's just be sad such a living legend leaves us...
But let's not forget that he did not make Milan on his own ! And Milan won't go down... I mean, how many topclass players has Chelsea bought ? And did one of them ever kick Milan out of a CL game ? They didn't even get to the stages untill which we survived...
We will survive it...
And never will I support Chelsea, but I'll never break Sheva down... For I think the reasons of his departure are exterior to his personal will...
M
ukrainian_CA
29-05-2006, 04:22
I've paid respect when it really was important
When your wife betray you with your neighboor, then no respect is possible. Maybe in time to come, but not now. My blood is too hot to forgive now. I don't understand him and i don't know if i ever will.
Imagine Sheva with Chelsea shirt makes me sick. Imagine Sheva scoring an brace against us and kicking us out of CL makes me sick. His reasons to leave make me sick.
I just want a bit of International football, at least if you're english or italian you can't change it. NEVER
with all my respect, roberto (de niro), do grow up quick! this is his life , your life and my life. respect them (his is first for him, ok?)
Giovanni
29-05-2006, 04:30
with all my respect, roberto (de niro), do grow up quick! this is his life , your life and my life. respect them (his is first for him, ok?)
i don't accept any kind of lesson or maturity licence from you.
Thousand milan fans here have criticised Sheva's decision, even people who is season ticket holder at san Siro since 50 years
I may accept a rant from people like Diavolo, who's a old time member of Brigate since loads of years though the good and the bad moments and has attended 50 times the matches i've attended by myself (and i remark he's always been one of the coolest posters), but not from you.
ok lets stop here... before this becomes worse!
... personally im very angry over his decision but sheva is the 2nd or 3rd favorite player of all time for me and eventhough i lost some respect for him I will always remember him as a rossonero... the thing that hurts me most out of this issue is that the deal we seem to be OK with is pure bull ****... not only are we losing a great player thats very hard to replace, were also being ripped off ... BADDDD ... I would be ready to spend 35M just to have him stay here another 5 years... 35 for a player like sheva is nothing... we should demand 70M + gallas... its a win win situation... either they refuse to pay and we keep him, or we get alot of money and a great player and with that money finding a replacement and repairing the defence and midfield would become much easier...
i don't accept any kind of lesson or maturity licence from you.
Thousand milan fans here have criticised Sheva's decision, even people who is season ticket holder at san Siro since 50 years
I may accept a rant from people like Diavolo, who's a old time member of Brigate since loads of years though the good and the bad moments and has attended 50 times the matches i've attended by myself (and i remark he's always been one of the coolest posters), but not from you.
Indeed Gio. I dont think anyone is trying to give you a maturity lesson here. I understand the anger. Yet we still have to accept the fact that he has his family to look after. None of us should rightfully judge upon him any ill will for doing what he needs to do for his wife and son Jordan. It is unfortunate the situation that came up on him. I still believe had he been single he would have stayed with Milan. But he's not. Again... he's married with family. No ill will should be directed to his wife also IMO. We shouldnt fault her for making such a decision that is rightfully hers, by looking at what is in the best interest of her and Sheva's son. Now for you or any other Rossoneri, we might think it a stupid excuse. Ok... fair enough. But it is not your or my place to judge on Sheva's and Kristin's family decisions. No one has the right to intefere in this family issue that Sheva is dealing with. Had this been perhaps an abuse case, we as concerned public could get involved. But that is not the case. Some say they lost respect for Sheva. I dont see how anyone in their right mind can say this to a man who is making a family decision??? I sure as heck wouldnt aprreciate anyone telling me who or where I should live, work for, or play with if I'm making what is best for my family. We may all think it wrong or mistaken that he do so but we are in the wrong position to make such a call. That is all I have to say. I dont like his departure, but I'm not going to crucify his character for being a "father" to his son and a husband to his wife. Both of these take precedence over who he works for or plays with.
Indeed Gio. I dont think anyone is trying to give you a maturity lesson here. I understand the anger. Yet we still have to accept the fact that he has his family to look after. None of us should rightfully judge upon him any ill will for doing what he needs to do for his wife and son Jordan. It is unfortunate the situation that came up on him. I still believe had he been single he would have stayed with Milan. But he's not. Again... he's married with family. No ill will should be directed to his wife also IMO. We shouldnt fault her for making such a decision that is rightfully hers, by looking at what is in the best interest of her and Sheva's son. Now for you or any other Rossoneri, we might think it a stupid excuse. Ok... fair enough. But it is not your or my place to judge on Sheva's and Kristin's family decisions. No one has the right to intefere in this family issue that Sheva is dealing with. Had this been perhaps an abuse case, we as concerned public could get involved. But that is not the case. Some say they lost respect for Sheva. I dont see how anyone in their right mind can say this to a man who is making a family decision??? I sure as heck wouldnt aprreciate anyone telling me who or where I should live, work for, or play with if I'm making what is best for my family. We may all think it wrong or mistaken that he do so but we are in the wrong position to make such a call. That is all I have to say. I dont like his departure, but I'm not going to crucify his character for being a "father" to his son and a husband to his wife. Both of these take precedence over who he works for or plays with.
Finaly some who agrees whit me. For sheva its like this : family>job>other stuff. And by the way this should be aplied for every body.
The thing that get me mad is that they get Sheva and we probably end up with Drogba, I don't think he would be such a bad player in Milan but come on we just been BRUTALLY OWNED BY Chelsea. I know that we get a lot of money but money have never concerned Milan before they always said NO and the player stayed. This time we couldn't´t compete with Chelsea´s money and the player said I want to move, a real hero he is .
Yes I know that money run´s the fottball world and all that but the next time I want to say "he´s a rossoneri, he ´s one of us, of some player I better think, that my word´s is as much bullcrap as the reason Sheva gave to us fans.
I am not longer a "player fan" of any player. That makes me think in rational terms about this instead. If Milan are smart then we will not lose from this, although I can't say for sure if we will be. Some here may wish him best of luck in Chelsea, note me, I reserve that for Rui. :proud: Well I hope his life is good and that he stays healthy, but as far as his football goes I would be happy if it goes down the drain. :D
Anybody know if we get some little money from Rui and Stam or not ?
As Sheva leaving what you think if Milan buy and sell like this:
Sell: Sheva=Euro 65M, Simic = 5M, Ambros = 7M, Voggel = 5M, Janku = 8M, Dida = 10M. Amoroso = ? Total = EURO 100 Million
Buy: Gallas + Drogba + Robben = 35M, Diarra = 20M, Oddo = 10M, Adriano = 20M, De Rossi = 7M and a CD = 13M (you name him), an a free Midfielder. Total = EURO 100.
What you think? realistic or not?
Our squad would be:
Abbiati, Kalac, Flori (3)
Cafu, Gallas, Nesta, Kala, Oddo, Maldini, Serginho, Costacurta and a young promising CD (9)
Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Diarra, Robben, De Rossi, another MF (8)
Gila, Inzaghi, Adriano, Drogba (4)
Total: 24
Solid or not? what you think? and cash balanced?
Milan_Hunk
29-05-2006, 07:04
Guys look what i found,go to this and check it out :
http://www.arsenal.com/player.asp?PLID=6618
Why in the world would they have Shevchenko player profile on the Arsenal website?
KingHenry®
29-05-2006, 07:09
Indeed Gio. I dont think anyone is trying to give you a maturity lesson here. I understand the anger. Yet we still have to accept the fact that he has his family to look after. None of us should rightfully judge upon him any ill will for doing what he needs to do for his wife and son Jordan. It is unfortunate the situation that came up on him. I still believe had he been single he would have stayed with Milan. But he's not. Again... he's married with family. No ill will should be directed to his wife also IMO. We shouldnt fault her for making such a decision that is rightfully hers, by looking at what is in the best interest of her and Sheva's son. Now for you or any other Rossoneri, we might think it a stupid excuse. Ok... fair enough. But it is not your or my place to judge on Sheva's and Kristin's family decisions. No one has the right to intefere in this family issue that Sheva is dealing with. Had this been perhaps an abuse case, we as concerned public could get involved. But that is not the case. Some say they lost respect for Sheva. I dont see how anyone in their right mind can say this to a man who is making a family decision??? I sure as heck wouldnt aprreciate anyone telling me who or where I should live, work for, or play with if I'm making what is best for my family. We may all think it wrong or mistaken that he do so but we are in the wrong position to make such a call. That is all I have to say. I dont like his departure, but I'm not going to crucify his character for being a "father" to his son and a husband to his wife. Both of these take precedence over who he works for or plays with.
y dont u tell shevchenko to tell us the real reason?
Guys look what i found,go to this and check it out :
http://www.arsenal.com/player.asp?PLID=6618
Why in the world would they have Shevchenko player profile on the Arsenal website?
LOL! You know this did pass through my mind. I was thinking to myself... if he wants his kid to learn english, is it a must that we send him to Chelsea??? I would actually negotiate with any Premier team except Chelsea. Of course Chelsea are the only ones that could give us the minimum price of Sheva. That kinda would be funny! Give Sheva what he says he wants, but not all of it. I'd take Henry over diver wimp Drogba any day.
U know what i would love ? If sheva would go to arsenal,and wee dont get any moeny,any player out of this,that would be a slap in the face for all u haters.
U know what i would love ? If sheva would go to arsenal,and wee dont get any moeny,any player out of this,that would be a slap in the face for all u haters.
You mean for all Milan fans. hm...
but why talk about fiction?
minhduc, we got nothing from Rui Costa for sure. Otherwise what you posted is a bit to much "fantasy", nothing new from a poster around here, but likewise meaningless as this is beyond what we normally see IRL.
Milan_Hunk
29-05-2006, 07:38
LOL! You know this did pass through my mind. I was thinking to myself... if he wants his kid to learn english, is it a must that we send him to Chelsea??? I would actually negotiate with any Premier team except Chelsea. Of course Chelsea are the only ones that could give us the minimum price of Sheva. That kinda would be funny! Give Sheva what he says he wants, but not all of it. I'd take Henry over diver wimp Drogba any day.
Yep i agree with u that will it be better 4 milan if that does happen,ill defenitly prefer Henry over Didier. But i doubt it, i still dont understand why they will have that on their website ,im confused.
rahul.acm
29-05-2006, 08:00
From http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=21&a=5306
We have shown interest in Ruud according to english tabloids and baldy and braida met Eto'o in Monaco yesterday during the race.
Is this paper like tribalfootball.com ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is Ambro's 29th birthday! :5schal: He needs our support!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Are there any violences in Italy or Milan in particular, regarding Sheva's departure?
Dr Milano
29-05-2006, 08:22
From http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=21&a=5306
We have shown interest in Ruud according to english tabloids and baldy and braida met Eto'o in Monaco yesterday during the race.
Is this paper like tribalfootball.com ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is Ambro's 29th birthday! :5schal: He needs our support!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Are there any violences in Italy or Milan in particular, regarding Sheva's departure?
well im not sure really but to be honest i wouldnt go for van nistelrooy
Milan need a young striker not another 29 year old ... a few examples of good signings would be F.Torres / A. Cassano Or Ibrahimovic thiers all young
I am not longer a "player fan" of any player. That makes me think in rational terms about this instead. If Milan are smart then we will not lose from this, although I can't say for sure if we will be. Some here may wish him best of luck in Chelsea, note me, I reserve that for Rui. :proud: Well I hope his life is good and that he stays healthy, but as far as his football goes I would be happy if it goes down the drain. :D
Kris, allow me to say that I love you for what you put here! :gonova:
Mr. Galliani & co, I want 70 million Euro CASH! DEFINITELY NO Drogba, NO Crespo!!! Nothing more, nothing less. If no agreement, he can get rotten on our bench.
We are not so desperate to waste the sales money on any have-beens or second rate forward, since we have GIla, Pippo and Kaka. I hope we invest the hard earned money in our MIDDLE FIELD to energize our static middle field. IMHO, we could buy the black middle fielder from Lyon, Diarra (spell?).
With a new right back and new second striker with reason price, we will set for the new season.
i'm still sad .... Sheva is really leaving 'tears' ...
Lord_Tawreser
30-05-2006, 06:16
Benitez Doesn't Want Me, Says Unhappy Cisse...
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoId=59929
Do we want him? :)
Lord_Tawreser
30-05-2006, 06:19
Anybody know if we get some little money from Rui and Stam or not ?
As Sheva leaving what you think if Milan buy and sell like this:
Sell: Sheva=Euro 65M, Simic = 5M, Ambros = 7M, Voggel = 5M, Janku = 8M, Dida = 10M. Amoroso = ? Total = EURO 100 Million
Buy: Gallas + Drogba + Robben = 35M, Diarra = 20M, Oddo = 10M, Adriano = 20M, De Rossi = 7M and a CD = 13M (you name him), an a free Midfielder. Total = EURO 100.
What you think? realistic or not?
Our squad would be:
Abbiati, Kalac, Flori (3)
Cafu, Gallas, Nesta, Kala, Oddo, Maldini, Serginho, Costacurta and a young promising CD (9)
Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Diarra, Robben, De Rossi, another MF (8)
Gila, Inzaghi, Adriano, Drogba (4)
Total: 24
Solid or not? what you think? and cash balanced?
why Drogba? :1avs:
No we don't want Cissé ! ;)
M
Obviously, no player should be forced to stay where they don't want to play. That being said, I will be interested to find out the real reason Sheva will be leaving. To those with a modicrum of experience in such things the old "family reasons" dodge is just that, a dodge. I'm surprised that people here are falling for it. Its just a thing that athletes are advised to say by their agents to gain sypathy when they want to make a move. What sort of monster would argue with a man who "just wants what's best for his family"? It's the perfect way to stop any sort of backlash that might lessen the flow of endorsment dollars. When you reach a cetain level of income, things will not be noticable different for your family in one place than in another, but throwing out that statement sure stops any further inquiry. It's asinine, but it does work. I would have much more respect for athletes if they stated the real reasons they want a new contract or want to move to another team--*cough* money *cough* other family members carreer options *cough* don't get along with the coach. Jesus, be a man and tell the truth and take the consequences. But, that is probably expecting too much.
Anyway, Milan had better get something really impressive for him or they will have been punked rather severly. Gallas? Good player but not enough. Drogba? Ach, give me a break. Only a whole lot of cash money is good enough (and then that cash money must be used to buy a top five type player--no Cisses need aply since he's top five only in fooling the gullible that he is in the top five of anything except eating donuts and dying his beard) for a player who is a former Golden Ball winner and still a top three striker. I have some confidence that when the smoke clears Milan will have been the one's punking Chelsea (who have the distinct whiff of Lazio about them as far as I'm concerned) and we will all have been arguing about nothing. But that is also typical. Anyway, I wish him well with the Ukranian national squad, but may he "find it difficult to settle" in London (as the tabloid ephamism goes) and end up in that 4-4-2 Magazine "They Came They Saw They Weren't Very Good" feature in a few years. He'll still be richer than Heliogabalus, so I don't find that an uncharitable thought at all.
Maltese Charlie
30-05-2006, 11:22
Milan: accordo con il Chelsea per Shevchenko
Mar 30 Mag, 5:48 PM
Giovedi` il Chelsea potrebbe presentare Andriy Shevchenko. Pare che l`accordo tra i Blues e il Milan sia stato raggiunto sulla base di 50 milioni di euro senza contropartite tecniche da parte del club inglese. Manca l`ufficialita`, ma oggi o al massimo domani Sheva fara` le visite mediche. Il contratto verra` depositato solo a luglio, per questo motivo e` stata inserita una clausola legata al possibile infortunio di Shevchenko ai Mondiali di Germania 2006.
Se l`ucraino dovesse infortunarsi gravemente il Chelsea verserebbe circa dieci milioni di euro in meno al Milan, che comunque riceverebbe un indenizzo da parte di una assicurazione.
(Pubblicità)
L`accordo e` stato chiuso in breve senza inserire nella trattativa William Gallas e Didier Drogba. Il Milan decidera` poi in seguito se trattare l`acquisto o meno dei due
According Datasport, a deal is reached between Milan and Chelsea.
50 mls euros cash without other players involved.
It is not official but tomorrow or Thursday Shaeva has to go for a medical test.
GRE-NO-LI
30-05-2006, 11:25
L`accordo e` stato chiuso in breve senza inserire nella trattativa William Gallas e Didier Drogba. Il Milan decidera` poi in seguito se trattare l`acquisto o meno dei due.
Well, if the deal were not to engage any Chelsea player's, theres no single reason for us to get a piece of crap like Drogba.
Maltese Charlie
30-05-2006, 11:34
Well, if the deal were not to engage any Chelsea player's, theres no single reason for us to get a piece of crap like Drogba.
The article says that Milan can decide later on if signing or not Drogba and Gallas.
GRE-NO-LI
30-05-2006, 12:15
Gallas is fine, but Drogba is not what we need.
we need Gallas badly, he is the real solution for our defence. 50 mil euros in not that much but if we can really get Suazo for around 5 mil and maybe Ibrahimovic and Gerrard with some extra money from Silvio we are 100 % ready.
GRE-NO-LI
30-05-2006, 13:09
I guess we even need to splash an obscene amount of cash on Gerrard, I'll go instead for Sneijder and Diarra.
Family reasons :delol: My @$$ exactly.
I am just angry, honestly, I am not sad at all. I was sad when we lost all those CL trophies. :broken: I was sad when we lost MVB to injury, :broken: and I know that I will be sad when Paolo leaves us. :broken: :star:
I kind of believe that Chelski never stops pursuing and Shevchenski wants to stay at Milan but keeps asking Berlusconi for a price match. It probably was a good time to cash in on an about-30-year-old, that's why Berlusconi broke it to the public purposedly, and the die is cast. The departure is inevitable. :strong: Maybe it is a good thing he left after all.. :rollani: I want at least 70M euros out of this deal, not that it will hurt Chelski who is eager to launder their money; but we indeed can use some cash; and I wonder what would have happened if the deal doesn't go through. That would be awkward. Ouch. :p146:
I know I will support Milan if we will be in Serie B, but I also know I will not cheer for Shevchenski even he scores 50 goals a season from now on. :yawn: He broke too many hearts, but count mine out. :sun:
FORZA MILAN :gonova: :gonova: :gonova:
hitmannq8
30-05-2006, 14:50
Guys, it seems like Chelsea and Milan have agreed a 35m pound deal (all cash), involving no players going in the other direction. I hope that we get Gallas some how, and also instead of getting Drogba/Crespo, I really wish we could go for Alex (on loan at PSV).
35 millions euros with no players involved is a joke
sheva is worth at least 50m plus some players
rizka_on_fire
30-05-2006, 21:23
hiks hiks hiks, I very very sad one of my favor player join to english club !!!
Lord_Tawreser
30-05-2006, 21:55
€ 60 mil sounds better! The most interesting deal would be € 52 mil + Gallas. If we sell Sheva for money then they can say something like: "OK. Gallas costs € 34 mil. Take it or leave it." That wouldn't be cool, so we need a)include Gallas in the deal or b)include a price tag for Gallas in the deal.
But..can anyone give me two reasons why is Gallas better than Simic? Seriously, really? Anyone?
GRE-NO-LI
31-05-2006, 00:27
35 millions euros with no players involved is a joke
sheva is worth at least 50m plus some players
35 M with any players involved?!?!? Our board must be joking if that nightmare happens!
hitmannq8
31-05-2006, 01:32
35m is an ok deal, but I hope that the Gallas transfer wont be very hard.
todays papers:
Andriy Shevchenko will complete his move to Chelsea within 24 hours after the Blues agreed a fee of £35m with AC Milan. (The Sun)
Andriy Shevchenko will undergo a medical at Chelsea on Wednesday after the Blues agreed a fee of £45m with AC Milan. (Daily Mirror)
No mention of Gallas.
Accordo trovato tra Chelsea e Milan per Andriy Shevchenko, già a Londra per le visite mediche. Si parla di 45 milioni di euro senza contropartite tecniche da parte del club inglese.
L'annuncio ufficiale del trasferimento verrà dato a luglio quando verrà depositato anche il contratto; per questo motivo è stata inserita una clausola legata al possibile infortunio di Shevchenko ai Mondiali di Germania 2006.
Se l'ucraino dovesse infortunarsi gravemente il Chelsea verserebbe circa dieci milioni di euro in meno al Milan, che comunque riceverebbe un indenizzo da parte di un'assicurazione.
Il Milan è già al lavoro per il dopo-Sheva: diversi i nomi sulla lista di Galliani e Braida. Ad Ancelotti serve un attaccante di manovra capace magari di tenere le medie realizzative di Shevchenko, uno alla Thierry Henry per intenderci, con il francese che ha però prolungato con l'Arsenal.
L'erede dell'ucraino potrebbe essere Zlatan Ibrahimovic: dal canto suo lo svedese, avrebbe giò dato il via libera al suo agente Mino Rajola per trattare con i rossoneri nel caso la Juventus fosse retrocessa d'ufficio per lo scandalo che sta sconvolgendo il mondo del calcio. Per il Milan restano troppo onerose le condizioni del suo ingaggio.
Sta prendendo sempre più corpo la candidatura dell'honduregno del Cagliari David Suazo. Nei giorni scorsi il presidente del club, Massimo Cellino, ha proposto al giocatore un considerevole aumento di contratto, dagli attuali 800 mila euro a un ingaggio da 2 milioni di euro fino al 2008.
Il Milan è in stretto contatto con l'agente di Suazo: si parte da quotazione di 20 milioni di euro.
http://sports.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200622/cmc_96564.html
can some1 say what is in it :s i can't speak italian...
AC_Vakas
31-05-2006, 05:59
The price that I believe has been reached is £35M, which converts to €50M. Shevchenko has already agreed terms and is now undergoing a medical at Chelsea. Looks like this deal is all but done.
Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/5000208.stm)
50m and no Gallas... :stupid:
Warro Bantan
31-05-2006, 08:58
Crazy..but lets see what happens...
GRE-NO-LI
31-05-2006, 09:00
I still cannot believe we're giving the guy for so little...
I dunno i was expecting sumthing like 70...
Lord_Tawreser
31-05-2006, 09:28
Damn, Sheva is out of luck!
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1861485.html?menu=news.quirkies
We want €60 mil!
KingHenry®
31-05-2006, 12:29
Damn, Sheva is out of luck!
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1861485.html?menu=news.quirkies
We want €60 mil!
hahahahaha some funny stuff
GilAttack [11]
31-05-2006, 12:44
Nice Christmas gift from Milan to Chelsea.
:yuck:
ukrainian_CA
31-05-2006, 13:12
todays papers:
Andriy Shevchenko will complete his move to Chelsea within 24 hours after the Blues agreed a fee of £35m with AC Milan. (The Sun)
Andriy Shevchenko will undergo a medical at Chelsea on Wednesday after the Blues agreed a fee of £45m with AC Milan. (Daily Mirror)
No mention of Gallas.
I read numbers closer to E 50M in the russian media, close to £35-40M . I guess.
AC_Vakas
31-05-2006, 13:23
Also, Gallas is not part of the deal as Mourinho is not willing to let him leave. Galliani are you useless?! If we won't get Gallas then we should demand at least £40M.
Warro Bantan
31-05-2006, 14:14
I say £50 is the least we should be asking for...I mean really, if Madrid and Barca were willing to cough up that much, then we cannot really ask for less...especially when the difference between the players, in terms of overall quality, is negligeble.
KingHenry®
31-05-2006, 14:18
I say £50 is the least we should be asking for...I mean really, if Madrid and Barca were willing to cough up that much, then we cannot really ask for less...especially when the difference between the players, in terms of overall quality, is negligeble.
bang on its the truth, i thought atleast in the region of 45-50 mill and if they decline they can go 2 hell, and shev"sellout"chenko can rott on the subs bench
AC_Vakas
31-05-2006, 14:30
I say £50 is the least we should be asking for...I mean really, if Madrid and Barca were willing to cough up that much, then we cannot really ask for less...especially when the difference between the players, in terms of overall quality, is negligeble.
£50??? :grinser: You can buy a pair of jeans with that! I think you meant £50Million! :hammer:
Warro Bantan
31-05-2006, 14:32
:D AC Vakas, you shrewd accountant person you!! Thanks, I certainly did, and I guess the "M" key on my laptop isnt working so well...:dontkn:
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=391445&CPID=8&title=SHEVCHENKO+MOVES+TO+CHELSEA&lid=&channel=Football_Home&f=rss&clid=8
Sky Sports claim the fee is 36m euros, and he's signed a four year contract.
Stezagud
31-05-2006, 16:26
Thats a very low fee for a player of Sheva's calibre, we didnt get any players in the deal either :eek:
GRE-NO-LI
31-05-2006, 16:27
ONLY 36 M WITH NO PLAYERS INVOLVED?!?!? Our board must be joking, I cannot believe!!!
Warro Bantan
31-05-2006, 16:28
This is from a friend who got it from the Irish times...I got it via email, so I am unable to post a link:
Shevchenko's decision wasn't walk in the park
Is he undergoing the professional footballer's equivalent of a mid-life crisis? Or is he merely the first of many VIP players getting ready to leave the sinking ship of Italian football? Or did an unpleasant incident involving his wife have something to do with it? Andriy Shevchenko's not unexpected announcement last Friday that he would be leaving AC Milan, with a likely next stop of Chelsea in the Premiership, prompts a number of considerations, writes Paddy Agnew
With seven seasons, 172 goals, a Champions League trophy and a Serie A league title all behind him at AC Milan, Shevchenko is entitled to want a change. At 29 years of age, too, he (and his accountants) will be all too aware that this could be his last chance for a top-of-the-market transfer deal.
So, then, there is nothing strange or remarkable about his decision to move on, or is there? Has the current scandal rocking Italian football anything to do with his decision? Shevchenko himself sowed some seeds of mystification if not doubt when telling reporters last Friday: "The decision (to leave) is linked to personal motives, it has nothing to do with the coach, the players, the club or even money. It will be impossible for me to find another club like Milan but this is an important decision in my life, important for my family."
Doubtless aware that the Italian media had speculated that his wife, former US model Kristen Pazik, had had a major say in his move, Shevchenko was keen to hit that one on the head: "This is a decision I've taken for my family but my wife didn't decide it, we decided together. Kristen doesn't speak Ukraine, I don't speak English so we talk to one another in Italian. But the only language in which we can really tell our kids how much we love them is English."
Really? Earlier in the week, media reports had related a mysterious incident on a sunny Friday afternoon in March earlier this year. With her footballer husband away with AC Milan preparing to play Lecce at the other end of the country, Mrs Shevchenko opted to take herself and her 18-month-old baby for a walk in the park.
Unfortunately for her, she (allegedly) came across a group of Milan fans who recognised her as "Sheva's wife". Immediately, they accused her of being the main reason for her husband's desire to leave Italian football, a desire that has prompted consistent media speculation all season long.
According to some reports, the "fans" not only blamed Kristen but they also scared her by threatening to "smash your face in" if her husband left the club. The Milan park incident may have had little relevance but the fact is that things were looking bad for the Milan fans last week when the club's owner, former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi told reporters that Shevchenko wanted to move to London.
Not even 30,000 Milan fan messages posted on a special, "Please Don't Leave Us, Sheva" site could change the Urkaine star's mind, it seems.
If and when Chelsea and Milan agree terms, one obvious question remains. How good a player will Chelsea be getting? There have been hints throughout the last season that age and injuries have begun to take their effect. Sheva's class, his competitive attitude and his goalscoring instinct remain spectacularly intact.
For what it is worth, we suspect that Chelsea will get a couple of tremendous seasons out of Sheva.
The stimulus of a new environment is likely to bring out the best in him whilst, just at the moment, as he stands on the verge of his first World Cup finals appearance with Ukraine, he is certainly not a player without motivation.
If Sheva fails to shine in Germany next month, however, Chelsea fans need not despair. For Ukraine, Sheva plays a very different type of game to his normal Milan style where he can look to such as Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka et al to set things up for him.
For his national team, he tends to drop deeper, work harder and make space for his team-mates by dragging markers with him.
Having said that, Ukraine could well come out of a first round group that also includes Spain, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia. This could be a long, hot and triumphant summer in the Shevchenko household.
© The Irish Times
the article doesnt cover any new ground, but is an interesting read nevertheless...
The amount of the transfer is NOT OFFICIAL, so stop whining...
the only thing official is the agreement.
there are 2 very important reasons NOT to hurry up with acquisitions...
1.- World Cup.
2.- Juve possibly going to serie B.
www.acmilan.it
ANDRIY SHEVCHENKO: IL COMUNICATO DEL MILAN
31/05/2006
L' A.C. Milan comunica di aver ceduto a titolo definitivo le prestazioni sportive del calciatore Andriy Shevchenko al Chelsea Football Club. L' A.C. Milan ringrazia Shevchenko, uomo e attaccante straordinario, per le molteplici emozioni trasmesse nelle sette stagioni in cui ha indossato la maglia rossonera. Le sue 173 reti - secondo cannoniere nella storia del Milan - hanno contribuito in maniera determinante alla conquista di uno scudetto, una Coppa Italia, una Supercoppa di Lega, una Champions League e una Supercoppa Europea.
Graeme C
31-05-2006, 16:31
its £34 mil pounds, no players have been mentioned yet.... maybe his transfer should be put on the 2006/2007...
Could we please create another sticky called Ciao sheva or something and put everything related to him in it, im getting bored reading about him... its time to move on!
Forza Milan!!!
we didn't even need a new thread... the official announcement could have very well been added to the Sheva leaving thread...
Sky Sports have only claimed that's the fee, it could be more. But it must be said that with Shevchenko deciding he wanted to leave and him saying it in public, it did weaken Milan's bargaining position. Also, Milan, Chelsea and everybody else knew which club he wanted to join.
Gallas better be on a plane for milan within the week.
this is what Sheva said 30 minutes ago... from Chelsea's official website...
Shevchenko transfer completed
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Andriy Shevchenko has signed from AC Milan for a club record fee.
Shevchenko completed a medical and agreed personal terms at Stamford Bridge today (Wednesday). He has signed a four year contract.
The former European Footballer of the Year said: “I am here for the challenge and the excitement of playing in the Premier League. I am going from one big club to another and joining a team of champions.
“There is a right moment to join a football club and I think I have arrived here at the perfect time. The Champions League has to be a realistic target for next season but it is not just about the Champions League. Chelsea is going for their third Premiership as well and I like the club's mentality of wanting to win every game they play.
“I have followed Mr. Mourinho's career carefully for the last few years and have been hugely impressed with the way he manages. He puts team ethic before individual expression which is the way I believe great teams are created. Had money been my motivation for coming, I would probably have stayed in Milan.
“I am pleased that Chelsea managed to conclude everything before the World Cup - I can go to Germany with a clear mind and proud to be a Chelsea player.”
Chelsea manager and first team coach, José Mourinho, said: “Today is a day when the dream became reality. Andriy has always been my first choice for Chelsea since I arrived. Before it was not possible, now it is for real. He has great qualities, ambition, discipline, tactical awareness and of course he is a great goalscorer.
“I did not need to meet with him to convince him about Chelsea, in the same way we did not need to talk a lot about why I wanted him. Everybody knows him as a player, tactically he can play in the Chelsea system no doubt.
“Milan is a big club, a great club, but for him to leave Milan for Chelsea is a big statement about where Chelsea is. He is a champion and he is joining a team of champions. I have already spoken to some of our players and they are looking forward to playing with him. Great players want to play with other great players.”
Chief Executive Peter Kenyon added: “This is another proud day for Chelsea. The signing of Andriy, following on from Michael Ballack and Solomon Kalou shows the ambition of Chelsea. The deal is a new club transfer record and is a straight cash deal. We are delighted to have signed one of Europe's greatest goalscorers.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.