AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Our new headcoach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, the latest rumour on twitter is that our new head coach is definitively Seedorf.
Clarence!!!
Great news.
He can't be worse than Allegri. Let's see what he does. I'm curious.
No one can be worse, but that does not say much. But at least we all can hope now. Smilie_schal6ClapClap
Seedorf isn't my first choice (how can he be? no one knows anything about how good he'll be), but certainly what I've read is kind of interesting. Apparently he likes 4-3-3 and a high intensity game. Those are basic tenants of Total Football. While I've always preferred Sacchi's form of pressing, which utilised many concepts of tactics from the Italian game, he was influenced by Total Football in the 70s, meaning Seedorf's vision may fit with element I want to see at Milan.

For those interested in where I read about Seedorf's ideas on football:

http://www.milannews.it/altre-notizie/fe...cio-133502

(01-13-2014, 03:18 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understand, Tassotti would only be a temporary solution for the next match against Spezia and possibly Verona. Galliani was ready to give Inzaghi the bench for the rest of the season, but today he was instructed by the Berlusconi family to hire Seedorf immediately. That is what is being said in Italy, at least.

Anyway, I always liked Allegri in terms of personality and how he liked his teams to play, so in that respect I am sad to see him go. But last night made it painfully clear that things just weren't working out anymore, so the club made the right decision. Hopefully a new coach will give the team a boost in terms of motivation and determination.

So weird to see a Milan coach get sacked in the middle of the season. It hasn't happened since Terim was replaced by Ancelotti in 2001. Usually our club has a lot of faith in its coaches, and stands by them even when things are not going well, but there's a limit to everything, I suppose.

A bit like you I don't really have any issue with Allegri, I just think he lost the plot this season. Thing is, he's only part of the problem, like I said in the Allegri thread. Galliani's a significant part of the problem, as are the players themselves. Truth is, Allegri's gone but there must disciplinary action in these other areas too, for the sacking to mean anything.

Anyway, this is the nature of football and there's a limit as to how long a coach can last when not performing. I think despite Berlu's jibes over the years, this season Allegri's had a lot patience shown by everyone at the club.
(01-13-2014, 05:22 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want Bielsa either (I know he is Reza's agent, but still Icon_lol2).

I am his agent or he is my agent? Grinundwech

Looks like Seedorf will come, Botafogo opened the door ...

And the rumours are that Seedorf wants a coach for each department of the game, and the guys who would come with him would all be newbies, like him : Stam, Davids, Kluivert and Crespo.
Neither of them ever worked as a coach if I'm not wrong ?

Another rumour is that Tassoti would leave once Seedorf arrives. That is some good news, because I think Tassoti's been there as an assistant for too much time : you either are very important, and you get the spot someday, or you're not that important ... Looks like Tassoti just glued his body to that job.
not kluivert pls, yes to crespo but not to kluivert
he is no better than matri, do we want all our attackers to be like kluivert, not me.
(01-13-2014, 08:26 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2014, 05:22 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want Bielsa either (I know he is Reza's agent, but still Icon_lol2).

I am his agent or he is my agent? Grinundwech

oops. this field is too complicated for me, I can't even get the terminologies right. damn. :d

or maybe bielsa's second job is being an agent to broker (right word?) your software stuff. Grinundwech

(01-13-2014, 08:34 PM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Seedorf will come, Botafogo opened the door ...

And the rumours are that Seedorf wants a coach for each department of the game, and the guys who would come with him would all be newbies, like him : Stam, Davids, Kluivert and Crespo.
Neither of them ever worked as a coach if I'm not wrong ?

Another rumour is that Tassoti would leave once Seedorf arrives. That is some good news, because I think Tassoti's been there as an assistant for too much time : you either are very important, and you get the spot someday, or you're not that important ... Looks like Tassoti just glued his body to that job.

Geo, what I read was that Tassotti will remain for the rest of this season until Seedorf's staff arrive, which will happen in the summer.

Also, on that one coach responsible for one unit idea, I thought it is very interesting to say the least. In the American football, there are defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator, etc. I don't know how that will work out in football (the two sports are very different), but it potentially could spearhead some exciting movement in football world.
I'm interested to see if any immediate changes to our roster will take place once Seedorf comes. I'm talking January mercato, let's hope for the best.