AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watched the press conference. Beyond him somewhat clarifying his role of basically working alongside Leonardo, there wasn't a huge amount to comment on in his words.

Leo on the other hand seems to speak in a way that requires a great deal of thought as what he says and the message he seems to be sending don't seem to match. Also, looks like there's a real chance of Kaka returning to grow under him.
the phoenix will rise again
(08-06-2018, 07:07 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Watched the press conference. Beyond him somewhat clarifying his role of basically working alongside Leonardo, there wasn't a huge amount to comment on in his words.

Leo on the other hand seems to speak in a way that requires a great deal of thought as what he says and the message he seems to be sending don't seem to match. Also, looks like there's a real chance of Kaka returning to grow under him.

Leonardo, Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka... Is this a dream?!
Maldini and Leo's visit to the team yesterday. Find it really strange looking at Maldini as a director and not a player:

Abbiati has also put out an interview with GDS. Bullet summary:

- He left because his role involved a lot of politics and he'd go home frustrated and angry
- Gattuso is a phenomenal coach and is bringing back the discipline and values in the club, as well as being an amazing motivator
- It's best the Chinese management is gone, their ambitions didn't align with their organisation (or lack of)
- It's good that Maldini and Leo are back, people who understand the history of the club
- Montella was a "half disaster" because he didn't trust anyone

(08-06-2018, 11:34 PM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]Leonardo, Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka... Is this a dream?!

I'm actually not in favour of all ex-players just coming back to the club, I've always wanted those I think would be good. That said, Leonardo's excellent at his job and has proven that in 15 years. Maldini I've generally been convinced of for a very long time as I've said before.

Gattuso was a great surprise last year and I think deserves his confirmation and Kaka I think could be like another Leo, I think he's a very intelligent guy who could be a great director.
(08-09-2018, 10:08 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Maldini and Leo's visit to the team yesterday. Find it really strange looking at Maldini as a director and not a player:

Abbiati has also put out an interview with GDS. Bullet summary:

- He left because his role involved a lot of politics and he'd go home frustrated and angry
- Gattuso is a phenomenal coach and is bringing back the discipline and values in the club, as well as being an amazing motivator
- It's best the Chinese management is gone, their ambitions didn't align with their organisation (or lack of)
- It's good that Maldini and Leo are back, people who understand the history of the club
- Montella was a "half disaster" because he didn't trust anyone

I'm actually not in favour of all ex-players just coming back to the club, I've always wanted those I think would be good. That said, Leonardo's excellent at his job and has proven that in 15 years. Maldini I've generally been convinced of for a very long time as I've said before.

Gattuso was a great surprise last year and I think deserves his confirmation and Kaka I think could be like another Leo, I think he's a very intelligent guy who could be a great director.

Abbiati preparing a comeback too I think with this interview, as he also said that if the club wanted to bring him back, they had his phone number.
While I think he says the truth, I can also see some "politics" (funny as he says he doesn't like that) when he says only positive things about the people involved today and negative things about the Chinese year.
I would love Rui Costa back as sporting director. He's done good work at Benfica. And perhaps Albertini too.
(08-09-2018, 10:08 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]- Gattuso is a phenomenal coach 
Yeah sure  Devilol
(08-09-2018, 10:54 AM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]Abbiati preparing a comeback too I think with this interview, as he also said that if the club wanted to bring him back, they had his phone number.
While I think he says the truth, I can also see some "politics" (funny as he says he doesn't like that) when he says only positive things about the people involved today and negative things about the Chinese year.

Going back to my point from before, it really depends on what Abbiati can bring to the club. I never really felt much about his return last year and his influence was minimal it seems. I don't mind him coming back, but I don't think it would be in a role to guide the future of the club.

I agree with Somedevil, Rui Costa and Albertini seem good candidates (not that I think Rui Costa is possible anytime soon, Albertini maybe).

A couple of more points from the Abbiati interview:

- Higuain is the right man
- He thinks Bonucci perhaps left due to promises not being kept and credited him for Romagnoli's growth
- Gigio has not improved, perhaps the competition of Reina can help him
c'e Kaka
Just read Berlusconi could become the owner of Monza (Serie C) with Galliani as the ad ...