AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Going on with Montella is only loss of precious time. After years of absence in CL , its time that Fassone sacks MontElla and brings in an experienced coach who will pave the way for spot 3 or 4. Now that is isnt too late. I just hope that we lose the derby and he gets fired.

DrDejan

I hope we win the derby and he gets fired :-)
Sacchi was the coach who brought to Milan many great things other than trophies.

The closest people to Sacchi is Sarri, but I think it is too difficult to get him.

Anyway, I still hope Montella could do something. He has the ability to learn, and he is the current coach.
Sarri is very difficult to get right now, I just see him as an ideal choice if possible.

You're right that Sacchi, with Berlusconi, didn't just bring trophies, they brought so much more in style and character to Milan which is what makes difference. As they always say, it's not just about winning, but how you win that is remembered.

To be completely clear on my previous post, I support Montella and ideally want him to succeed. However knowing our current situation, if Conte or Sarri were available, I would make the choice to replace him. Otherwise I don't see why we should sack him because I don't think he's completely at fault for the current situation. Other than under exceptional circumstances, I think he deserves time to try and turn things around.
(10-05-2017, 01:20 PM)artan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Going on with Montella is only loss of precious time.  After years of absence in CL , its time that Fassone sacks MontElla and brings in an experienced coach who will pave the way for spot 3 or 4. Now that is isnt too late. I just hope that we lose the derby and he gets fired.

No way ! You can't say that ! No way ! Angry Sagrin
(10-05-2017, 01:20 PM)artan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Going on with Montella is only loss of precious time.  After years of absence in CL , its time that Fassone sacks MontElla and brings in an experienced coach who will pave the way for spot 3 or 4. Now that is isnt too late. I just hope that we lose the derby and he gets fired.
While im not advocating a Montella stay (i think he should be fired as I see us getting worse with him) the coaches available that would joing Milan arent exactly anything to get excited about.
If Conte becomes available he's something to get excited about.

However, recent rumors concern me because they say Gattuso might be next in line. To me, that's non-sense and a terrible habit that Galliani & co. used with former players who are inexperienced as coaches. He's done poorly everywhere, the Primavera also is not doing very well under him. While he was a great player & has great heart and determination, he's not at the level to coach Milan yet if we want to win.

Bottom line, we don't have time to be hiring experimental coaches with no experience. Instead of signing Bonucci & giving him that heavy wage, I would've allocated that towards a top coach, that's how badly I think we need one. It also brings more allure to our project, truly big star players wont come to Milan for another few years if that doesn't happen. Even if we qualify for CL imo.
How about Klopp. Pool are losing patience. Big Grin
Does anyone not see Conte wage a stumbling block.He's in around €8m and along with wanting more backing in the transfer market he wants his wage brought in line with Pep & Mourinho hes says pey me what im worth.
Pep & Mourinho are in €22m a year.Im certain thats before tax.They take home around €11m.
Even if Conte staysbas is I dont see paying €8m after tax for a coach.
Jay, you are right.....but at those numbers, the market is very small. There are 4-5 teams in the world that would give that to him, and it all depends if they even need a coach at the time. Right now, none of them do. If that stays the case in the summer, Conte will have to settle for 5/6 mil.

Having said that, Conte is not going to come mid season so there is no point of even hoping.

Doesn't Sarri have a release clause? How much is that? We just need to pay that next summer. 2 birds with 1 stone. We get the best coach in Italy and weaken Napoli by at least 50%. Imo, Napoli will go drastically down the moment Sarri leaves.