AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leonardo is on the verge of parting ways with Milan, according to Sky. He should officially resign tomorrow
(05-27-2019, 05:07 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Again, can't significantly increase the club value being a mid-table team

Many ways to increase a club's value, or turning it into a profitable business. Considering they got Milan on the cheap, they might be willing to take a gamble by turning us into a feeder club, with a sustainable model of signing low salary youngsters and selling them on with a big profit when they turn out to be good. I mean, there are lot of ways to make Milan profitable for Elliot, and not all of these possibilities include Milan returning to winning trophies. CL participation is possibly a requirement however.

To put it short, I think all fans who believe blindly in Elliot are in for a rude awakening soon.
Maldini is going to be offered Leonardo's role
(05-27-2019, 05:21 PM)millinarios Wrote: [ -> ]To put it short, I think all fans who believe blindly in Elliot are in for a rude awakening soon.

Based on what?  I remain neutral and understand both sides of it.  Maybe you should wait for something to actually happen before making judgment?
Behind Leonardo’s decision a divergence of views and plans between him and Gazidis who intends to focus on young players with an upside rather than embracing the idea of making some experienced reinforcement for the Milan squad [Di Marzio]

Once Leonardo’s departure is formalized Milan will focus bringing Lille’s SD Luis Campos in the role of foreign market consultant, maintaining the role simultaneously along with his one at the French club [Di Marzio]
Milan will still need an element to replace Leonardo at an operational and representative level and seem willing to offering that role to Maldini who is also reflecting his future and is oriented to leave Milan despite the presence of a margin of reconsideration for his decision
(05-27-2019, 05:28 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Based on what?  I remain neutral and understand both sides of it.  Maybe you should wait for something to actually happen before making judgment?

As I said earlier, Leonardo's imminent resignation signals a ton to me. Should it not turn out to be true, I'm willing to reconsider my stance, however that seems unlikely.
(05-27-2019, 05:41 PM)millinarios Wrote: [ -> ]As I said earlier, Leonardo's imminent resignation signals a ton to me. Should it not turn out to be true, I'm willing to reconsider my stance, however that seems unlikely.

That much is true and fair enough but he deserves some blame even though he hasn't had much time
Quote:My opinion on why Leonardo & potentially Maldini are leaving so soon- they convinced Milan’s ownership to go all in for one year to get back to CL to get those revenues, once that didn’t happen, the club is now going with Gazidis’ way to comply with FFP & look more longterm

Yep
https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ac...sign-51014

"The difference in vision with the Elliott fund, owners of the club, was the main reason for a painful but inevitable choice for Leo."

Difference in vision probably means that something major has changed about Elliot's intent with the club. If differences existed last summer then Leo would not join Milan project at all. About Maldini, remember he did not want to take part in Yonghong's Milan. Him leaving the Elliot project would also send serious signals.