AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato January 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-02-2015, 02:27 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/ag-m...vic-186326

So Mexes' agent says Mexes wanted Fiorentina and Berlusconi said no. He also said that Mexes wanted to go because Miha doesn't appear to want him (Miha has done little to hide this) and Sousa did. So, apparently, Silvio forces the renewal of Mexes, Miha doesn't want Mexes, Mexes wants to leave and then Silvio decided to stop any transfer out.

Great job Silvio! Okmilan

Heh, yeah everyone keeps talking about Galliani, but it's like we forget that it's actually Berlusconi who has the final word at Milan. The other day Urbano Cairo said that one thing Silvio does that he does not is to talk directly to the players, as he sees that as undermining the coach's authority. Smart man.

I actually blame Berlusconi for most of our problems. He has given us a lot over the last 30 years, obviously, but does anyone seriously believe that signing three attackers and not one quality midfielder this summer was Galliani's decision? We know Berlusconi's ideas about football (attack, attack, attack), so it makes perfect sense that the club chose to focus on bringing in top-level strikers instead of creating a balanced team for Mihajlovic.

Poor Miha, I think he already regrets accepting the job.
(09-03-2015, 01:20 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: [ -> ]Poor Miha, I think he already regrets accepting the job.

He is gonna get more nervous as time goes by, also will lose some weight because of that. He will fit into those weird jackets better.
(09-03-2015, 01:20 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: [ -> ]Heh, yeah everyone keeps talking about Galliani, but it's like we forget that it's actually Berlusconi who has the final word at Milan. The other day Urbano Cairo said that one thing Silvio does that he does not is to talk directly to the players, as he sees that as undermining the coach's authority. Smart man.

I actually blame Berlusconi for most of our problems. He has given us a lot over the last 30 years, obviously, but does anyone seriously believe that signing three attackers and not one quality midfielder this summer was Galliani's decision? We know Berlusconi's ideas about football (attack, attack, attack), so it makes perfect sense that the club chose to focus on bringing in top-level strikers instead of creating a balanced team for Mihajlovic.

Poor Miha, I think he already regrets accepting the job.

Silvio's the first to blame, he's the one that let everything happen in the first place. I wanted to believe last summer was a sign of change under him, as he appeared more involved again, but it was just the same horrid decision making anyway. It seems safe to say Silvio's lost it. Ironically I find it funny seeing the curva target Galliani, when Silvio should be just as much their target.
(09-03-2015, 08:34 AM)Ryo Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I cannot agree with what some of you are saying here.

Montolivo may be a creative player, but he's slow, takes too much time making decisions for passes and ends up doing a crappy job at dictating play, especially when being pressured on the ball. He cannot play the way that De Rossi, Totti, Pirlo or other top playmakers play, because he simply lacks the ability to make quick decisions to either move the ball forward, or to make that killer pass quick enough. Too many times I've seen play break down because he took too long on the ball, and had to end up passing back to our defense, or sideways to De Jong or any of our other players.

De Jong is a capable destroyer, yes, but what makes you think that our other mids are NT quality? Honda has done a decent job thus far, I'll admit, but the likes of Poli, Nocerino, Bertolacci and even Jack at times, have not. Sure they may have a few NT call-ups under their belt, but by no means are they even considered starters in the teams that they've played in (and consider this, Italy's NT is currently quite weak). So by no means is being an "International player" some sort of benchmark for success.

Also, had Miha really been serious about making a positive statement the Empoli game, he would have started our Fiorentina formation from the start. THAT was (and currently still is) our strongest lineup.
He started Suso and Nocerino, for fucks sake, and had to take both off within an hour. I don't care what anyone else things, but Miha was obviously making a big-ass statement to management about just how shit our bench midfielders were. We all saw how many passes were going sideways and backwards, the complete opposite to our matches before this.

You cannot blame Miha for not being able to properly coach a bunch of incompetent players that CANNOT be taught in the first place. International players or not, they just don't have the right qualities to start or to make a difference in our shirt. Miha has been trying to show this to the management from day one. He did the same when exposing our defensive frailties to Bayern and Tottenham (which enabled us to grab Romagnoli). It's management's fault for not paying attention.

Miha took a look at our midfield, deemed them unfit for his system, made the proper requests, and didn't get the players he wanted, who's to be blamed for that?

I blame Berlu and Galliani for everything up till now. The midfield should have been the FIRST issue after our defense that we needed to address, but because we're an "Italian" team with mediocre "Italian" midfielders, Berlu let his bias get the best of him. He should have let Mexes leave for Fiorentina, kept Rami and brought in the Mids that we needed. Then we wouldn't be sitting around here right now, hoping that the midfield situation gets sorted in the Winter. No, we'd be sitting here eagerly waiting for the next match to come around so we could beat the shit out of our opponents.

As for the situation in China, you cannot say that losing a lot of money in the last month should offset the amounts made in previous years. Fact is, if Bee only managed to compile enough money at the beginning of THIS summer to make a serious purchase for a stake in Milan, that means he spent a long time just acquiring said money. As an accountant I can appreciate how hard it is to create financial budgets and long-term investment plans for companies and the like, and the financial "blip" as you so call it, wasn't as small a blip as you might think. The last couple of months wiped off between 20-50% of assets for quite a lot of companies and individuals in the Asian region. There was even a week where my colleagues were forwarding posts on the daily about yet another set of individuals losing all their investments, ending up in the red and then jumping off buildings to run away from their debts. Many companies (including my own) had to hold days of financial restructuring meetings in order to minimize their effects. By no means was the stock crash a small issue.

The fact that there had only been a few weeks delay in Bee's deal instead of them pulling out entirely, should be put down to good crisis management on Bee and his consortium's part. You really cannot predict anything on the markets anymore these days, you can only react to them and take risks as you see fit. Because of this, I can't blame Berlu so much for pulling the plug on investments at the end of the mercato, when everything was in such an uncertain state.

What I do blame him and Baldy for, is that they didn't address the midfield at the beginning of the mercato like they SHOULD HAVE, right after losing Kodongbia to Merda.

Good post man. Agree with some of the points you are making. Midfield should have been addressed from the beginning; B&G are two empty headed morons stuck in 1985; De Jong and Monto are NOT CL quality players that we can build our midfield around. 

What I was trying to say in my post was not that we have an awesome team that should run away with league title easily, or that our midfield is so stacked it would make the Ancelotti Milan look like a piece of crap. I fully agree with the sentiment that we need to revamp this midfield even now. But what I cannot agree is the fact that this midfield is worse than that of Empoli. Guys like De jong, Monto, Bertolacci and even Poli would have walked right into most Serie A teams and become starters for them. Hell, Lazio is starting guys like Parolo and making it work like magic. Remember how we were linked with Parolo last summer (when we were broke) and nobody in this entire forum wanted him at all? Good coaching and chemistry allows players to play bigger than the sum of their parts, and that is what I expect from Miha. He is an experienced coach who has a good track record of fully utilizing his resources. He made Soriano look like a stud, and how many of us even knew who Soriano was before this summer? Our midfield needs injection of talent, and the whole Ita-Milan concept is as out-dated as it can get. But as currently structured, we should expect better results than getting ran over by Saponara single handedly. 

I am in the finance profession as well, and I agree with you on that the current market condition in China is causing a lot of issues for companies around. Perhaps my previous post sounded too cavalier about the whole ordeal.  But from what I see, not every company out there is literally shutting down all spending and saving their cash for a rainy day (some might be, but certainly not all). For an operation of this magnitude, I am sure Bee's financial backers are solid as rock. The Chinese investors he has must be big time investors who can withstand even a major financial storm. Again, I might be too optimistic in my view of these things, but would a guy who is not individually that wealthy risk triggering any termination penalties with un-reliable financial backers? I see that possibility as remote.
If this isn't an obviously blatant call to management to buy players, then I don't know what is:

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2015/09/03/...wont-play/

Berlu and Baldy better listen to him if they want a better team that can win trophies.

@slifersd, I agree with your sentiments that not all companies are saving their money for a rainy day. Bee is a billionaire, but we are talking about an investment of almost a half billion Euros. Regardless of how much money Bee or his investors have on the whole, that is a significant sum of money to most conglomerates. Even a market affecting just 2-5% of that would make for big adjustments being made, not to mention the 20-50% changes in the market in the last two months.

You notice how Bee was suppose to have wrapped up the deal and handed Berlu the money back in August (supposedly during our Shenzhen derby against Merda), but as of this moment the money still hasn't been passed on to Finvest? I say the currency issue is making it that Bee and his backers are having some trouble making up for the difference in Euros. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have already paid out the money in full, right?
(09-04-2015, 12:56 AM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]Lord we are pretty pathetic:
http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2015/09/03/...ed-in-him/?

We are pathetic, but Ibrahimovic has a huge ego too.  Sagrin
I respect Miha a lot for doing that. Played his reserves with a point to show they could barely beat Mantova. If one man show Balo didn't play we wouldn't have won
Ryo
Bee isnt a billionaire not even close.Hes heading a consortium , he has (allegedly) backers that are the money.
At this stage I have huge doubts it happens.Its a big deal these things take time but the first contacts were late last year and it was meant to be done in late June/early July ...then it was the end up July then August then early Sept then late Sept now in a week or so.Its all fishy and if it happens great.But im not banking on it.
(09-03-2015, 08:34 AM)Ryo Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I cannot agree with what some of you are saying here.

Montolivo may be a creative player, but he's slow, takes too much time making decisions for passes and ends up doing a crappy job at dictating play, especially when being pressured on the ball. He cannot play the way that De Rossi, Totti, Pirlo or other top playmakers play, because he simply lacks the ability to make quick decisions to either move the ball forward, or to make that killer pass quick enough. Too many times I've seen play break down because he took too long on the ball, and had to end up passing back to our defense, or sideways to De Jong or any of our other players.

De Jong is a capable destroyer, yes, but what makes you think that our other mids are NT quality? Honda has done a decent job thus far, I'll admit, but the likes of Poli, Nocerino, Bertolacci and even Jack at times, have not. Sure they may have a few NT call-ups under their belt, but by no means are they even considered starters in the teams that they've played in (and consider this, Italy's NT is currently quite weak). So by no means is being an "International player" some sort of benchmark for success.

Also, had Miha really been serious about making a positive statement the Empoli game, he would have started our Fiorentina formation from the start. THAT was (and currently still is) our strongest lineup.
He started Suso and Nocerino, for fucks sake, and had to take both off within an hour. I don't care what anyone else things, but Miha was obviously making a big-ass statement to management about just how shit our bench midfielders were. We all saw how many passes were going sideways and backwards, the complete opposite to our matches before this.

You cannot blame Miha for not being able to properly coach a bunch of incompetent players that CANNOT be taught in the first place. International players or not, they just don't have the right qualities to start or to make a difference in our shirt. Miha has been trying to show this to the management from day one. He did the same when exposing our defensive frailties to Bayern and Tottenham (which enabled us to grab Romagnoli). It's management's fault for not paying attention.

Miha took a look at our midfield, deemed them unfit for his system, made the proper requests, and didn't get the players he wanted, who's to be blamed for that?

I blame Berlu and Galliani for everything up till now. The midfield should have been the FIRST issue after our defense that we needed to address, but because we're an "Italian" team with mediocre "Italian" midfielders, Berlu let his bias get the best of him. He should have let Mexes leave for Fiorentina, kept Rami and brought in the Mids that we needed. Then we wouldn't be sitting around here right now, hoping that the midfield situation gets sorted in the Winter. No, we'd be sitting here eagerly waiting for the next match to come around so we could beat the shit out of our opponents.

As for the situation in China, you cannot say that losing a lot of money in the last month should offset the amounts made in previous years. Fact is, if Bee only managed to compile enough money at the beginning of THIS summer to make a serious purchase for a stake in Milan, that means he spent a long time just acquiring said money. As an accountant I can appreciate how hard it is to create financial budgets and long-term investment plans for companies and the like, and the financial "blip" as you so call it, wasn't as small a blip as you might think. The last couple of months wiped off between 20-50% of assets for quite a lot of companies and individuals in the Asian region. There was even a week where my colleagues were forwarding posts on the daily about yet another set of individuals losing all their investments, ending up in the red and then jumping off buildings to run away from their debts. Many companies (including my own) had to hold days of financial restructuring meetings in order to minimize their effects. By no means was the stock crash a small issue.

The fact that there had only been a few weeks delay in Bee's deal instead of them pulling out entirely, should be put down to good crisis management on Bee and his consortium's part. You really cannot predict anything on the markets anymore these days, you can only react to them and take risks as you see fit. Because of this, I can't blame Berlu so much for pulling the plug on investments at the end of the mercato, when everything was in such an uncertain state.

What I do blame him and Baldy for, is that they didn't address the midfield at the beginning of the mercato like they SHOULD HAVE, right after losing Kodongbia to Merda.

Well, we just see things at different perspective, and this is quite interesting. Big Grin

My point is that each person must get the best out of what he has, managers, players or coaches (or any man on this Earth).

This is Samp squad in 14/15:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80...ria_season

Miha managed to get 7th with such squad, so he must somehow get the best out of the players and himself.

I don't blame Berlusconi or Galliani. One has spent 90M which is an dream amount for us in many years, the other brought home many good players. Yes, we demand more, but what they have done are already at the best they can. (The bald man has bought Bertolaci which is also who Miha wants IMO, and Kucka is not really worse than Soranio)

I don't blame Miha, but I think he also has responsibility. If a player is stupid, search for a better method to let him understand. If a player is hard-headed, just break his head open... Good teachers are the one that make the lazy or/and unintelligent students learn better and love to learn, not the one that require his students to be all smart and diligent.

Miha has the right to demand more, and his way is not bad since we still got reasonable result, but he should know that Milan now is not a good destination for star players, the ones who can take this team to another level. Get the best out of what he has, like the time in Samp is the right thing to do.

So, good luck, coach. I believe you can.