AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato January 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my personal, albeit very amateurish opinion, DES will always have a tough time making the grades at his current position. Fullbacks in modern day soccer requires players who have a lot of speed, athleticism and dribbling skills. The three men midfield that are so popular these days puts a lot of pressure on the full backs to both attack and defend at the same time. Without speed, the defense will get exposed on every fast break opposing teams can find. To me, DES's best development route was always to perfect his defending techniques, game reading and awareness at FB but eventually move to CB, where his lack of speed wouldn't be exposed as much.

I agree with Xudong though, selling him to a direct rival is very bad business. I have read rumors of Real and Barca possibly being interested, and those would be much better deals to me. I am always hesitant to deal with direct competitors though, so that's just me.
Interesting statistic, ELS has had the most shots on goal in Ligue 1 based on minutes played, or I cant remember if it was on just the Monaco team. Regardless, I believe ELS is still going to be a good player, he's still dangerous in some situations but he just needs some confidence and room to grow. If I was Galliani I'd focus on selling Adriano and keep ELS. I really dislike Adriano's style of play, I'd rather keep a young prospect like ELS and gamble than keep a tree stump like Adriano who's on a long expensive contract and he'll only regress from here on. With young players it's all about patience and belief, we may use Pato as grounds to sell ELS, but we can also remember the likes of Aubameyang on the flip side. You just don't know, but I do know Adriano wont get any better.

In other news, Milan have agreed terms with Susic a bosnian international midfielder who plays for Hadjuk split in the croatian league. All that remains for his signature is that we sell someone, maybe NDJ. The guy seems very good playing in the Croatian league, I know it'll be more difficult in Serie A but this is one of those interesting signings like Vidal who was bought for around 10mln and turned out the way he did, but it could also work out the opposite direction. He's 23 years old, so he's young and he looks like a very interesting player imo from the videos I've seen.

If we sell Adriano, Mexes, NDJ, ELS and Diego Lopez and bring in Susic, El Ghazi, a CB and Vangioni, I think this was a good mercato. Apparently Vangioni will undergo medicals next week. Ranocchia seems close to signing for Samp, so rule him out thank God. Now El Ghazi and Susic just seem on standby.

On DES... I'd sell him, but NOT to Juventus, no way. I'd let him go anywhere outside of Serie A. I'm already uncomfortable selling ELS to Roma, but I know no other clubs are interested so. I think DES has more market, and if possible I'd let him go abroad. Rumours of a swap between him and Caceres have been denied by all parties/sources now though, but most of them report that we do intend to try for Caceres with no player swap involved and apparently the player himself is open to the move.
Why is SES still considered a prospect ? Hes a guy that burst on the scene did great then dropped off got injured and despite good technique , has regressed year in year out. 3 full calendar ywars of being ugh.As for DES going to Juve im not for it but as some have said sending him to a rival...are Juve really a rival ?

Apparently Roma will have to sign SES after 5 games is being reported today , thats great news.
Susic I know nothing of.Im certain the mercato will be extremely low key.We had the usual "players must leave before some arrive" Suso Cerci now SES are gone yet its still we must sell first.
Boateng and an extremely low cost of free Mid is what we'll see
I don't think G is that stupid to do a straight swap deal DES - Caceres. And it was reported by Tutosh!t anyway

Any update on Lopez, Nocerino and Mr. Dedication's situations?
(01-23-2016, 11:06 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]Why is SES still considered a prospect ? Hes a guy that burst on the scene did great then dropped off got injured and despite good technique , has regressed year in year out. 3 full calendar ywars of being ugh.As for DES going to Juve im not for it but as some have said sending him to a rival...are Juve really a rival ?

Apparently Roma will have to sign SES after 5 games is being reported today , thats great news.
Susic I know nothing of.Im certain the mercato will be extremely low key.We had the usual "players must leave before some arrive" Suso Cerci now SES are gone yet its still we must sell first.
Boateng and an extremely low cost of free Mid is what we'll see

Probably not a direct rival these days. but the stronger Juve gets, the even harder for us to catch up later. 

5 games? that's a little hard to believe. and if true, it would be hard for Galliani to be Galliani'ed twice a season, no? Grinundwech
The thing with DCS and ELS is that they are both so young still in football terms. As long as they are under 24, they still have substantial room to grow. Sure they are unlikely to be a Messi or Ronaldo but they could be very solid players still. Particularly defenders who always take time to develop (Thiago Silva came to us at age 26 no?). Even not considering the players we have sold recently who turned out pretty good, look at Bonaventura. The guy looks pretty good for Atalanta but comes here at 24 and blossoms into a very good player.

I'm convinced that ELS dropped off because the introduction of Balo. I really think he would fit into our scheme now. I wish ELS went to Genoa with Suso instead of Cerci. Let the latter go to Roma with the option to buy.
I remember reading some report claiming that SES himself didn't want to stay. He is still very young and talented, but I don't know about his mental strength. So far, to be fair, he has not really shown much under adversity. Personally I wouldn't mind keeping him and giving him more time/chance/faith, but I really don't think we will see any more of him in milan.
I think unless SES plays as a second striker, he won't succeed anywhere. He is way too predictable out on the flank and is terrible 1v1. He is too far away from the goal and can't really utilize his biggest asset, which imo are his runs off the ball. If he plays more central where he can vary the runs and have 4 directions to work into, he will be much better. I don't know why every club he plays for (and he himself) insist that he is stuck out on the left wing!?!
(01-23-2016, 07:56 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I think unless SES plays as a second striker, he won't succeed anywhere. He is way too predictable out on the flank and is terrible 1v1. He is too far away from the goal and can't really utilize his biggest asset, which imo are his runs off the ball. If he plays more central where he can vary the runs and have 4 directions to work into, he will be much better. I don't know why every club he plays for (and he himself) insist that he is stuck out on the left wing!?!
His unstoppable goalscoring spree came when he played slightly behind Pazzini.
We decided to buy Balotelli, and Allegri decided to deploy a 433 and push ELS to the left.

Also ELS used to play as a second striker in his previous club.

We dont buy shit players. We destroy excellent prospects. Take Pato as an example.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Saponara is also a prime example. As of today he has 5 goals and 7 assists equal with Bonaventura. We put too much pressure on our youngsters to perform like stars. Remember when Pato first came and all the senior players were trying to shield him from the press and pressure that comes with the club? When the youngsters don't carry the club, we assume they just can't make it and ship them off.

Same old problems riddle this club. We just aren't patient enough to build a team with consistent management.