AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato January 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-12-2016, 07:44 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]On ELS... I know he's a player who's been in decline and I understand that now might be the only time we can get some money for him, as we've learned from Pato.... However, I guess I have a bit of sympathy towards him because I like the kid and his break out year was really the last thing I remember being happy about with this Milan. Since then it's been one stupid decision after the other and year after year without CL. I guess it's the best decision to sell him, I just know that with this management we probably wont bring in anyone better or remotely promising/good to replace him.

We don't need to replace El Shaarawy. He left half a season ago and from what he has done for the last 3 years, he has not been missed at all. As much as I would have liked to see him rediscover his form from 2012-13, I don't think it's going to happen. The guy does not have the right mentality and I think he is lost. Luckily for us he has still got a name out there, so we can get a few € for him...
(01-12-2016, 07:44 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, nothing happened but some updates on what may happen:
1) Chelsea are reportedly preparing an offer of 40mln euros for Bacca
2) If we sell Bacca we plan to buy Immobile from Sevilla to replace him and they are asking 15mln for him.
3) We're linked with Susic, midfielder who plays for Hajduk in the Croatian league. They're asking for 8-10mln euros for him.

I find the Susic link somewhat interesting because I remember reading an article a couple of weeks back about how the Croatian league could become an attractive market for Serie A since we're suffering a sharp inferiority in revenue due to lack of proprietary stadiums and TV rights, and so not only is the Croatian league an affordable market for us but it's beginning to produce some diamonds in the rough, also the fact that the Croatian league is quite physical and technical gives its players somewhat of an adapting advantage coming to play in Italy. Anyhow, what's the point.. Galliani would never have the creativity to find some good players out there. Surely it's possible, Juve showed it by getting Pirlo,Vidal and Pogba for a combined fee of 10-15mln euros. Honestly if something doesn't happen this January I'll give up my last bit of hope.

On ELS... I know he's a player who's been in decline and I understand that now might be the only time we can get some money for him, as we've learned from Pato.... However, I guess I have a bit of sympathy towards him because I like the kid and his break out year was really the last thing I remember being happy about with this Milan. Since then it's been one stupid decision after the other and year after year without CL. I guess it's the best decision to sell him, I just know that with this management we probably wont bring in anyone better or remotely promising/good to replace him.

Seville want 15m for Immobile ? hes owned by Dortmund .

I said kind of jokingly/prematurely that we wont get UCL and will sell Bacca Bonaventura maybe Romagnoli to get back what Berlu spent.Well the Bacca sale is a real possibility only 6 months into the season.If he is sold , mark my words NONE of it will be reinvested.We'll have Adriano Niang Balo Menez and wont go and use it to get a couple of midfielders of a very good quality.

They realise we wont get UCL , 10 points off now and I can us losing to Fiorentina Empoli (at best a draw) Inter.We can point to what other teams do , but Milan are not other teams and operate like its 1986.Berlusconi and Galliani are so far out of touch we'll fall further rather than see anything smart happen.
Isn't it funny how Berlusconi kept making fun of Zamparini for firing too many coaches without giving them a chance? he even went on to call him crazy... oh the irony.

Anyhow, the transfer rumor mill is quite quiet considering incoming players to Milan and that is mainly duo to our coach not being confirmed.
So until Berlusconi decides if Miha keeps his job til' the end of the season or not, we won't see any activity!
One of Mexes and Zapata was going to leave but after Rodrigo Ely's injury both are expected to stay at Milan [Sky].

Adriano left of the Carpo Squad as Milan are negotiating his sale , probably to China...HAHAHA he couldnt even wait the season to get his €86m back
Wow this management is outdoing itself. Zero point in selling Adriano.
What's the non-eu rule this year? We get 2 (which we used on Adriano and Bacca) and a 3rd one of we sell a non-eu, correct?

If this is the case....selling Adriano will open up a non-eu, right? Not that it matters because I don't expect this management to do anything meaningful, but it'd be nice to know.

I like Adriano and I think he's a good striker. He deserves a lot more playing time imo. But looking at it now, to make 5-6 mil in 6 months for a guy who only plays 10 minutes in most of his appearances and makes 3+ mil a year.....is not a bad piece of business. It all obviously depends on what's going to be done with the money.
Selling Adriano and keeping Niang.
Wow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
(01-12-2016, 05:56 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Wow this management is outdoing itself. Zero point in selling Adriano.
14mln euros for a useless player who would've been benched all year is great business. Besides, I believe it was Adriano who wanted the move since he'll be paid 8mln euros a season now. I think this is the first good move Galliani's made in a long time. Between him and ELS we may be able to make about 25-30mln euros for two fringe players. That can definitely be used to bring someone half decent in, like Witsel for our midfield. I think we're OK with strikers still.

Ace is that a bad thing? Niang has been much much better than Adriano this year and is a lot younger.

In other news, Manchester United is preparing a 40mln euro bid for Donnarumma. I would definitely see Galliani doing this then buying Sirigu (who we've been linked with) for around 15mln euros so Berlusconi can keep the proftis. I will be unforgiving if we sell Donnarumma honestly, the one bright spot in this team.

If 40mln euros for Bacca was truly offered by Chelsea, I'd let him go too. He's been disappointing for me and I'd prefer someone more technical in this team tbh. Thing is, if we've already sold Adriano it'll be a huge change to let go of Bacca too. We'd be essentially redoing this entire squad half way through the season. Not sure that would work in our favour..If Chelsea still offer that in the summer I'd definitely let him leave.

If I had to do this mercato we could do it so well and save so much money with having an amazing team..

Out: Zapata 5m, NDJ free, Adriano 14m, Bacca 40m, Nocerino free, Cerci free, ELS 12m , Honda 7-8m, Lopez 6mln euros
TOTAL: 85mln euros
In: Perrotti ( Suso, Cerci + 5m), Texeira or Gundogan 30m, Witsel 25m, Matip 20m
TOTAL: 80mln euros

Attack: Menez, Balotelli, Niang, Boateng, Perrotti, Bonaventura
Midfield: Witsel, Gundogan, Montolivo, Bertolacci, Poli, Kucka
Defence: Romagnoli, Alex, Abate, De Sciglio, Antonelli, Calabria, Matip, Ely
GK: Donnarumma, Abbiati, ???
23 players with additional 3rd GK, maybe just promote Livieri.

We even have room to make another addition maybe a young striker who we can snap up for cheap.
I think this transfer move makes total sense. Playing 4-4-2 we don't need five strikers, and Adriano hasn't impressed anyone. Bacca, Niang, Menez and Balotelli are all better than him. We need to sell someone to raise the money strengthen our midfield and/or central defence, so I really have no complaints about Adriano leaving. It's the rational thing to do.
Whoa, we are actually selling Adriano already...to China nonetheless. That is shocking news. The guy is a quality striker and if it wasn't for Bacca, he should be our starter. To sell him to China, where his career will basically become highly paid crap, that's just surprising. But then again, very few of us actually saw the SES sale to Monaco coming in the summer.

From a team structure perspective though, selling Adriano does make sense. The guy basically plays the exact same position as Bacca, with very little versatility for both players. In today's game, playing two pure strikers together puts too much pressure on the midfield to create opportunities and limits spacing. Since we also have Niang, Balo and Menez, who are all capable playing the striker spot, and offers more versatility from a stylistic perspective, Adriano does become expendable. I like Adriano as a player, but I can see the reasoning behind it.

The million dollar question from all of this is obviously, where will the money go? If selling Adriano nets us someone like Banega or Witsel, then it is all worth it. And you can even call it a win-win-win. Player gets 8m euros a year (almost tripled what he makes now); we get the midfield help we desperately needs; and Chinese team gets a high quality player in his prime who can help them establish prestige and be competitive in their league. If, and we have seen this before, we pocket the cash to pay for Berlu's hooker bills, then I would rather we keep the player. We are probably getting 15m from this sale, so Galliani now has some cash to play with. It's up to him to put his ass to work and get this mercato right.

I am still irritated that Adriano ended up leaving Milan before Nocerino, Cerci, ELS, Zapata, Mexes, Lopez, and all the other junk on this team. The more days go by, the more likely those losers end up sticking around and collect a paycheck for sitting on their ass every game. The mere thought of that happening makes my skin crawl. And now we are officially keeping Zapata and Mexes cause of Ely's injury? Thats a bunch of crap. We all knew those two were staying no matter what. Mexes has the golden ticket from Berlu to stay in Milan two years after his leg falls off. And Zapata is Galli's pet project, Thiago Silva successor.