AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan Head Coach discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-01-2019, 06:18 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Just give the job to Ranieri. No Sheva. Allegri is money-grabber, waiting for United and Madrid.

SO Much this!

He's clearly the safest option.

I would add a Hell no to Wenger to your comment though.
(10-02-2019, 01:17 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]SO Much this!

He's clearly the safest option.

I would add a Hell no to Wenger to your comment though.

Tassotti is safer
Report: Allegri decides his future
Football Italia
36 Minutes Ago

Max Allegri has reportedly decided to see out the rest of his sabbatical, amidst links with the likes of Tottenham Hotspur and Milan.

Allegri left Juventus over the summer and had intended to take a year off, before returning to football next season.

It had been claimed that the 52-year-old could come back sooner, with potential vacancies at Tottenham, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain mooted.

There had also been talk of a return to Milan, whom he led to their last Scudetto in 2011.

However, Corriere dello Sport warns he is intent on taking a break from football and will not be swayed before the season is out.

Antonio Conte chose to spend the 2018-19 campaign on the sidelines after he departed Chelsea and has since looked recharged at Inter.
(10-02-2019, 07:57 AM)mazen111 Wrote: [ -> ]Tassotti is safer

If by safe you mean will get us relegated then sure.
Despite Marco Giampaolo being confirmed for the match with Genoa, AC Milan are in contacts with other names to find his successor.

MILAN NEWS – While Paolo Maldini and Frederic Massara observe the squad at Milanello, Zvonimir Boban starts the casting for the AC Milan bench. Corriere dello Sport assures that the sacking of Giampaolo is just a matter of time.

The Rossoneri Chief Football Officer actually wanted to fire Giampaolo immediately, without necessarily waiting for the decisive match with Genoa. But technical director Maldini has decided to give the coach another chance, at least for now.
In the meantime, the management has made many phone calls in these hours of reflection. Starting with [b]Andriy Shevchenko, who, however, kindly declined the invitation[/b]. Out of race former Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri who will return to the bench only for next season and even Luciano Spalletti, for his past at Inter and even for money issues.
Rudi Garcia’s candidacy, on the other hand, remains standing. The French coach has already had talks with AC Milan sporting director Frederic Massara regarding the job. It was Massara who brought him at Roma in 2013. According to reports Rudi Garcia has offered his fully availability to become the new AC Milan coach.
After three-years in charge with Marseille he is without a club since May. Previously Rudi Garcia coached Roma for three seasons between 2013 and 2016 rivaling Juventus for the Serie A title. An experience that Boban sees as a huge bonus for the 55-year-old coach.
Gazzetta - Genoa will not be the last 'Beach' for giampaolo. Coach still needs time.
AC Milan line up ideal managerial target if they opt to sack Giampaolo
football italia
Ron Carne
24 Minutes Ago

AC Milan have reportedly placed Luciano Spalletti at the top of their managerial shortlist if they decide to sack Marco Giampaolo.
Giampaolo: I'll never resign!
Football Italia
6 Minutes Ago

Marco Giampaolo admits he was an Inter fan growing up but insists “I’m not a Trojan horse” and that he will ‘never’ leave Milan on his own volition.

Giampaolo is under huge pressure going into Milan’s match against Genoa on Saturday, the former Sampdoria boss having overseen four defeats in his first six games at the helm.

“We’re working to do better. We were already working at 8 this morning,” he told Le Iene.

“You say I work a lot but work badly? We’ll find the solution. Resigning? Never! Leaving means giving up and we never give up.”

“I said I supported Inter until I was 10, but I’m not a Trojan horse. We’re not budgeting for a bad result against Genoa.

“We’re working to eat the panettone. Our objectives are always at the maximum, we always think about doing our best.

“Milan are above individual interests.”

Krzysztof Piatek scored 30 goals for Genoa and the Rososneri last season but has managed just two after six games this time around...

“Those who know how to score don’t forget how to do so. It happens, there are always runs and bad patches.”
Rossoneri have a very bad start to the season after winning just two of their first six games, and coach Marco Giampaolo came under tremendous pressure after a 3-1 defeat.

In the last few hours, Boban's son answered the question of whether the problem was with the coach or the players.

"We have high-quality players, I think the problem is the coach."
Former Rossoneri goalkeeper Giovanni Galli made the remarks to La Gazzetta dello Sport on the Milan crisis and coach Marco Giampaolo said:

"I appreciate Giampaolo, but if I have to scold him, I will do so because he is unable to give the team an identity. In a new team you impose yourself in order to stand on a fixed formation in the team, but it always changes the shape of the team and thus lose its reference.