AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan Head Coach discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gazzetta: There was a meeting between Paolo Maldini, Ricky Massara and the new CEO Giorgio Furlani after Milan’s hammering at the hands of Sassuolo. The trio spoke about the current situation find themselves in and about the Rossoneri head coach, whose job not in discussion as they believe he is the right man to get Milan out of the nightmare.They are strong in their belief that no one knows better than Pioli how to resolve the situation.

All protecting each other while the club sinks Facepalm
Calciostyle

Coaches suggested replacing pioli

Tassotti

Luis Enrique

Bonera (closest)

Abate and ibrahimovic as his assistant
Luis Enrique doesn't sound bad
(01-30-2023, 12:09 AM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Candidates to replace Pioli mentioned in an article, most likely a random list not based on any real info:

Luis Enrique
Tassotti
Abate
Bonera

Enrique only good option up here but his record outside Barca haven't been fancy(he had prime MSN) but if not financially possible I would go with Abate, he has done well with an above average pri!avera squad and finishing top in a group of Salzburg and Chelsea. We have some top tier player Alesi, Chaka, Lazetic, Nava(GK) which under Pioli will not even get a minute or so. 
A youthful project with our loyal former player isn't sort of a bad idea
Let's not go through this again - hiring primavera coaches. It didn't work in the past. Why would it now? If there isn't any top coaches available out there, than change will be hard to justify.

Pioli has not made changes yet. It is definitely his fault for insisting on the same methods and tactics from last year, that have clearly failed this year. He gets no excuse there. But he finally seems to have turned a new leaf and even publicly recognized that "what worked so well last year, gas failed to do so this year". Again, no excuse as to why it took so long to admit to this. He was even asked a couple weeks ago if we'll see another CM added to the formation in light of the fact that we've been conceding so much and the fact that the defense needs more cover. He was still very stubborn (worst quality of a coach, by far) and said "no".

BUT, he now changed the tune. So let's see if the changes he makes will be helpful. If he is even capable of making changes that will help the side. I'm not going to blame him for continuing on the same path that gave us the title last year. But I WILL blame him for taking 20 games to realize it linger works...especially the last 4-5 games. So now that he's stated he will make changes, we need to see if those changes will improve us. If 4-5 games from now we are still seeing the same problems, than it'll be safe to say the guy is not capable of turning the situation around.

The problem than becomes (and is still, even now)....who do we get? I am not in favor of caretakers. So we need someone that can take over and stay for a few seasons. I'm fine with Tuchel, but let's not act as if he's got no problems. I also worry about his man management. He does seem to get into it with his players. Just ask PSG and Chelsea fans. Poch is an option I prefer more than Tuchel to be honest but neither makes me ecstatic.
If I had to make a decision now, out of the available ones, I'd go for Enrique. He is a guy that has a clear style and someone that will bring something different to the fold. I also think he is more bound to build something long term, than just be a quick fix. And this last part is the most important for me.
Gattuso sacked by Valencia, leaves the club in 14th place, winless in four outings since the World Cup break.

Similar recent record to Pioli...
no thx to gattuso, dont think he has what it takes for a top team
Tuchel is my non Italian choice.

Tassotti plesse God no.
Bonera is my pick Big Grin
So... in case my other comments weren't overly clear... I'm well and Truly in the Pioli out camp.
I think he's done plenty to show that he's not up to the task.
I'm not sure I go as far to say that last season was a fluke BUT whatever it was, he's clearly not able to get the team working this season. particularly post Xmas