AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan Head Coach discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-11-2022, 03:27 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]If there are better coaches and money available...why not Smile

Inter and Juve are crying upon hearing this  Inter5ow Icon_lol2
(10-11-2022, 01:49 PM)Codazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Pep, no. But if we want we can sign Tuchel, Zidane, De Zerbi, Jorge Jesus, Pochettino, Nagelsmann (maybe), Roberto Martinez, etc...

No Pochettino. Dude failed to win french league with PSG... I mean, come on... you can't do that and consider yourself as a serious coach anymore   Sagrin .

As for question itself, it's tricky one. Yes, we can find (don't know if we can afford) better coaches, but that is not garantion that things would go better than they're going now.
Fact is that Pioli have some positive chemistry with this team, they clicked together and it's doing great so far. I'm not sure we should disrupt that by replacing him with, on paper, better coach. Extend him for a year or two and see where that will takes us.
Better to try to afford him some better players. And one proper RW, ffs.
IMO, as of now there is no reason to change, money needs to be found for a better CL quality team and then judge him.
Fuck all this, get Abate as our new coach, dude is rocking for primavera Icon_lol2
Beat the shit out of Chelsea today in Youth league. 3-1 score
(10-11-2022, 10:44 AM)Codazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Pioli's contract is ending in June.

Should we extend it? What are your thoughts?

too early in the season to make that decision. We're still in a shot to progress out of UCL and serie A isn't even half way yet. 
I mean as long as we finish in a UCL spot and get out of group stage, I'd say that is enough to seriously consider an extension. if we get a 2nd Scudetto then surely that's a guaranteed extension. 
Slow and steady. no use ruining our progress now just because a better name is available. 

(10-11-2022, 01:49 PM)Codazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Pep, no. But if we want we can sign Tuchel, Zidane, De Zerbi, Jorge Jesus, Pochettino, Nagelsmann (maybe), Roberto Martinez, etc...

Agreed no to Pep. Not sure I like him, Yes, Love RDZ but will he do better than Pioli, hell no to JJ, No thanks, yes please but no way we get him from Bayern, and meh. 

(10-11-2022, 04:09 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: [ -> ]No Pochettino. Dude failed to win french league with PSG... I mean, come on... you can't do that and consider yourself as a serious coach anymore   Sagrin .

As for question itself, it's tricky one. Yes, we can find (don't know if we can afford) better coaches, but that is not garantion that things would go better than they're going now.
Fact is that Pioli have some positive chemistry with this team, they clicked together and it's doing great so far. I'm not sure we should disrupt that by replacing him with, on paper, better coach. Extend him for a year or two and see where that will takes us.
Better to try to afford him some better players. And one proper RW, ffs.

THIS! Surely you'd retire after losing the league with P$G.

How many examples do we need of a "better coach" coming in and failing? It's not about BETTER but rather about RIGHT. Pioli doing well and waaaay too early to talk about replacing him. If he bombs out of UCL and we miss a UCL spot then yes, sure. But as long as he gets us a UCL spot, I'd continue with him. Just keep giving him the players to do his job. 
I mean the guy won us a scudetto with an average CAM and shit RW's.
(10-11-2022, 04:19 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]IMO, as of now there is no reason to change, money needs to be found for a better CL quality team and then judge him.

I’m not sure who the alternative can be BUT you have to acknowledge that psychologically he did not prepare the team for the last CL campaign (and possibly this if we get knocked out). 

He did well to grow players and implement a modern, consistent system. However, we all know that the side that shows up in CL so far is certainly under performing. Also his use of Theo before the red yesterday was bizarre. He had to track diagonally across the field when going from offense to defense. Really exposed is defensively.
I agree, I really don't think our performance in CL is down to team quality and money. You don't dominate the likes of Inter, Juventus and Napoli (despite the loss we did dominate), just to get thrashed by Chelsea. not saying we should've killed Chelsea the way we did Juve but definitely shouldn't have been such disparity. Also no reason we shouldn't be qualifying in this year, or last years group stage at least.

Watching our team in Serie A, then seeing them in CL I see a noticeable nervousness and loss of group
Pioli extends to June 2025
He deserves it, being the 5th best coach in the world!

For the nervousness in CL, we must participate as much as possible to cure it!
A great "father figure" coach. No doubt. Liked by everyone. The only thing im worried about, is if he has the tactical skill sett to get us to to the next step. He still have some difficulties to have a proper attacking plan. Its very much up to Leao and the individual quality.