AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer mercato 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-05-2015, 06:02 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]If he is staying with the senior squad it has to be to play, not bench. Primavera after one year on the senior bench sounds strange to me but I guess it should be left to Miha (more than B&G)

"It has to be to play" you mean like be an occasional starter? Obviously sending him back to Primavera would be insane.
The boy needs playing time and this might be the perfect season to do so, since we only have Italian competitions to "worry" about.
I say keep him, play him now and then and see how it goes, don't buy a world class CAM this mercato around and spend the money on strengthening the defence.
We should treat Mastour as a valuable asset and don't sell cheap. It's not like we need 5m cash right now and we certainly don't need another Aubameyang case.
(07-05-2015, 10:38 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]I can't really remember seeing anything much of Mastour besides YouTube videos of him juggling. That either means that I wasn't paying much attention or he wasn't too great playing actual football. I don't even think he's the best player on the Primavera.

Talking about the best player of the Primavera, what's the situation with Cristante? I think we could do well to bring him back and slowly mould him into our new Xabi Alonso. Do you think he would consider coming back under a new coach?

try to look for his 1st international game with morocco on youtube, he played some minutes on that game.
He touched the ball once in that game. Played for about 3 minutes.

He played some minutes against San Lorenzo (didn't do much) and also played some minutes last summer during friendly games (where he showed a lot of promise for a 16 year old). He had the technique and vision that not many possess. It's "God-given" as they say. Whether he acquires the rest of the attributes needed to play, it is a big question. But regardless, even if he didn't develop AT ALL in this past season, it is way too early to throw in the towel. We don't gain a THING by selling him.
I think Cristante was sold, no? Anyway, I see no chance of him coming back.

About Mastour, there is a few interesting things here. First, he chosen to play for Morocco instead of Italy, and after that he reportedly asked to be sold if he is not given a first squad role. I may be wrong, but from all this it seems that he is a kid who goes the easy path. And if that's true, I just cannot see him become a world class player, because that requires hard work and patience too, apart from talent.
He chose Morocco because more challenges to qualify for WC (last time WC 98?) what if you see that way? Its too early to judge 17 yo whose chances were very limited. Besides, you wont get a player of such talent at 5M only these days.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Btw we obviously overloaded on attacking departement. Who do you guys suppose will be sold or loan?? I think it will be suso and menez.
(07-06-2015, 03:30 AM)millinarios Wrote: [ -> ]I think Cristante was sold, no? Anyway, I see no chance of him coming back.

About Mastour, there is a few interesting things here. First, he chosen to play for Morocco instead of Italy, and after that he reportedly asked to be sold if he is not given a first squad role. I may be wrong, but from all this it seems that he is a kid who goes the easy path. And if that's true, I just cannot see him become a world class player, because that requires hard work and patience too, apart from talent.

agree
(07-06-2015, 03:55 AM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]He chose Morocco because more challenges to qualify for WC (last time WC 98?) what if you see that way? Its too early to judge 17 yo whose chances were very limited. Besides, you wont get a player of such talent at 5M only these days.

Real Madrid paid €4 million for Martin Odegaard who is regarded as an even greater talent than Hachim Mastour. Odegaard's fee can rise to around €8 million depending on certain conditions. He is half a year younger than Mastour and made his first team debut late last season and has also played 6 matches for the Norwegian national team. Norway's FIFA ranking is 64 while Morocco's is 92.

If we decide to sell Mastour I doubt we can get much more than €5 million. I'd rather see him loaned out if he's not considered good enough for our first team squad yet.
(07-06-2015, 03:30 AM)millinarios Wrote: [ -> ]I think Cristante was sold, no? Anyway, I see no chance of him coming back.

To me he comes across as a spoiled petulant kid.He expects to start at AC Milan or at least get good game time when 1) he was never a regular at primavera couldnt break in in 2013/14.
2) bar youtube vids against 14 year olds a "cool" haircut and instagram he's done nothing to deserve starting or making demands.
3)there are players in the primavera that are light years ahead of him.
4)I have no doubt he's talented great tricks against kids , but if these quotes are true he'll never amount to anything with that attitude.

If he ent to Barca or Real he wouldnt get near their B-Teams and find it just as hard there to get in the youth teams as he did here.

(07-06-2015, 03:55 AM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]He chose Morocco because more challenges to qualify for WC (last time WC 98?) what if you see that way? Its too early to judge 17 yo whose chances were very limited. Besides, you wont get a player of such talent at 5M only these days.

I say thats a crock of shite.He comes across petulant and impatient he wants it all now , without putting in the necessary ork.He was 17 a week or so afo and apparently is making demends, Odegaard is far ahead in his developement and an actual football player not a kid with flashy youtube tricks he cost less than 5m and was the most talented teen on the planet.Mastour has shown nothing absolutely nothing.Yes he is 17 and should be a very good player but will he be ? if he throws the rattle out of the pram at his age its a shitty sign for his future.
(07-06-2015, 08:16 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]

To me he comes across as a spoiled petulant kid.He expects to start at AC Milan or at least get good game time when 1) he was never a regular at primavera couldnt break in in 2013/14.
2) bar youtube vids against 14 year olds a "cool" haircut and instagram he's done nothing to deserve starting or making demands.
3)there are players in the primavera that are light years ahead of him.
4)I have no doubt he's talented great tricks against kids , but if these quotes are true he'll never amount to anything with that attitude.

If he ent to Barca or Real he wouldnt get near their B-Teams and find it just as hard there to get in the youth teams as he did here.

I say thats a crock of shite.He comes across petulant and impatient he wants it all now , without putting in the necessary ork.He was 17 a week or so afo and apparently is making demends, Odegaard is far ahead in his developement and an actual football player not a kid with flashy youtube tricks he cost less than 5m and was the most talented teen on the planet.Mastour has shown nothing absolutely nothing.Yes he is 17 and should be a very good player but will he be ? if he throws the rattle out of the pram at his age its a shitty sign for his future.
At around 17yo, both players are still hot prospect for future, whether they turn out to be good(superstar) or not later on is contributed by many many factors. To me, I would take the risk to keep mastour if we are to sell him for 5M.