AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer mercato 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-08-2015, 05:11 PM)somedevil Wrote: [ -> ]Milan channel said that Milan will not meet Romagnoli's price if it is above 20m. The same day Mexes renews. Coincidence?

2ndly, it seems we have also signed Jose Mauri's brother from a 3rd Division side in Argentina. Digao part 2?

There was also news of an offer that we made for hummels but he wants to stay at BVB.

Inspite of the signings Galliani has made I am still disappointed with how he has handled the market so far.

- He has done well with the Bacca deal and closed it promptly
- With the Luiz Adriano deal, I don't see why we have paid in full for a player whose contract expires in 6 months. It is not like half the Europe was after him. Besides the length of the contract is way too much
- Selling Rami for 3m when Juve sold Ogbonna for 13 odd mil. I don't think they are so far apart in terms of abilities

- I don't blame him for Kondo and Jackson coz those were two ridiculous transfer deals for their own respective reasons
- Mexes renewal
- Jose Mauri's brother. We do not need more Salamons and Vilas.

There is still a lot of time to redeem and I really hope Galliani will spend money wisely and not throw it around.

on not waiting till January, we always criticized Galliani for buying players in January and not giving players time to gel with the rest of the squad.
he paid way less of his price-tag.
on the long contract, if we decide to sell him later, it will pump his price-tag since he has a long contract!
On Rami's price.. I believe it was something to do with Bacca's deal, I believe there was an agreement of some kind between the two clubs..
Mexes, well we do need back-up for our defence, and as long as he took a pay-cut, I have no problem having him on the bench! he did good last season.

I do agree on the rest though Smile

PS. I'm not defending Galliani, but truth be said.. he's doing well so far.
(07-08-2015, 05:31 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]on not waiting till January, we always criticized Galliani for buying players in January and not giving players time to gel with the rest of the squad.
he paid way less of his price-tag.
on the long contract, if we decide to sell him later, it will pump his price-tag since he has a long contract!
On Rami's price.. I believe it was something to do with Bacca's deal, I believe there was an agreement of some kind between the two clubs..
Mexes, well we do need back-up for our defence, and as long as he took a pay-cut, I have no problem having him on the bench! he did good last season.

I do agree on the rest though Smile

PS. I'm not defending Galliani, but truth be said.. he's doing well so far.

I thought that myself when I was typing it. Was I being too critical? I asked myself.

As much as I appreciate Galliani not waiting til Jan, the price he paid I felt was too much. You are right about the contract though that he can always be sold. I am however a case of once bitten twice shy. We have always had problems getting rid of players. Case in point- that Robinho saga. I never want to have to go through that again.

If Rami was indeed part of the Bacca deal I hope we got a good deal out of it. I get concerned when I see reports saying that we sold him for 2.5-3.5m (depending on which source you want to believe.

I do however appreciate that he has started signing players so early in the window but then again- isn't that his job anyways Smile
(07-08-2015, 05:11 PM)somedevil Wrote: [ -> ]Milan channel said that Milan will not meet Romagnoli's price if it is above 20m. The same day Mexes renews. Coincidence?

2ndly, it seems we have also signed Jose Mauri's brother from a 3rd Division side in Argentina. Digao part 2?

There was also news of an offer that we made for hummels but he wants to stay at BVB.

Inspite of the signings Galliani has made I am still disappointed with how he has handled the market so far.

- He has done well with the Bacca deal and closed it promptly
- With the Luiz Adriano deal, I don't see why we have paid in full for a player whose contract expires in 6 months. It is not like half the Europe was after him. Besides the length of the contract is way too much
- Selling Rami for 3m when Juve sold Ogbonna for 13 odd mil. I don't think they are so far apart in terms of abilities
- I don't blame him for Kondo and Jackson coz those were two ridiculous transfer deals for their own respective reasons
- Mexes renewal
- Jose Mauri's brother. We do not need more Salamons and Vilas.

There is still a lot of time to redeem and I really hope Galliani will spend money wisely and not throw it around.

Luiz Adriano was worth well over 20mln euros last season. We paid a lot less than we he is actually worth, and Shakthar said they will not let him go for free in January, and that he needed to find a club in this market. Had we not picked him up, another club would have.

I believe I read that Rami was sold for 7mln euros, but multiple reports do say 3mln.. Ogbonna and Rami maybe close in ability, but Ogbonna is also a few years younger. While Mexes did renew, this doesnt mean new defenders wont come in. Keep in mind we've sold Rami, and we are offering Alex to Santos, he's on his way out. Multiple reports say that Romagnoli only wants Milan, because he wants to work with Miha and we expressed the earliest and most concrete interest. I'm confident we'll sign him. And I don't think it'll stop there, another defender will come.
True, very true.. We're simply not used to too much activity on the market Grinundwech

Lets wait till the end of August and then review his work... Its fair that way Big Grin

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

When it comes to Galliani, we kind of have to take the good with the bad these days. Rarely is he ever a manager who does everything right, even when he was younger and had a lot of money to spend every summer.

Adriano was probably a slight overpay based on his contract status, but the difference is likely 1 or 2M, which isn't really a lot in the grand scheme of things. Would we really feel that much better if he was signed for 7 or 6M? If the plan was to sign him for free in January, then the money makes a big difference, but that would also mean we wouldn't be able to count on him producing much this season at all, since it is a rather major adjustment to go from Ukraine to Italy;

Rami deal was a really bad one, in my opinion. He was our best defender and still had at least 3-4 years left in his prime. The fact that we sold him for so little was, to say the least, weird. But part of the bargaining also came from the price we signed the player for. We signed him for less than 5M the year before, and after a down year, it's a little difficult to convince another team to pay more than that for the guy. Juve signed Ogbonna for 15, 20M, and can therefore use that as a negotiation price point as well.

Kondo and JM deals were...circuses. Truth be told, I wanted both players more than Bacca and Bertolacci. Any time a team misses out on its primary targets and have to go with Plan B, the quality of the signing likely takes a dip. Plan A are plan A for a reason. But it all comes down to why the team identified them as our primary targets. Was Doyen the force behind it all? Or did Mihaj really thought Kondo and JM were the best fit for his scheme? If Doyen was the pushing hand, then Plan B might not be so bad afterall. But if Miha really wanted those two, then we could be taking a major risk with our Plan B guys.

Mauri's brother. Whatever, man. We got a 19 year old sensation for free and his brother wouldn't cost much. We have plenty of training cones with legs type of players in the squad and one more wouldn't hurt us much.

Mexes renewal. I wanted him gone, but if Alex and Zapata leaves instead, i would feel pretty good about it. Mexes can be useful if we put the right partner next to him. As long as his role is clearly defined, and it seems like he took a pretty massive paycut to stay, I am ok with this. Not happy, but ok.

My honest hope for the next two months is to get a good CB, a good midfielder and Ibra. If we end up with Laporte, Witsel and Ibra, this team can really go places. They would cost a lot, but we should still have a bit of cash left over from the 150M budget we had, and we can sell a few more players to raise some fund too.
I'm wondering how much of the money from the share sale will go toward actual transfers as opposed to repayment of debts and stadium construction?

I believe I read somewhere where sponsors should fund the entire costs for the stadium construction...but not sure iirc....
FORZA MILAN
IIRC Gundogan renewed his contract with BVB a few weeks ago. I dont think he's going anywhere.
What is up with Jose Mauri's brother? That reminds me of Kaka/Digao too, and does that mean we see Jose Mauri as good as Kaka'? That would be interesting though.

(07-08-2015, 09:02 PM)Stitch Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC Gundogan renewed his contract with BVB a few weeks ago. I dont think he's going anywhere.

I don't think he will come to Milan (salary), but his renewing contract for only one extra year usually is not a strong sign of staying.
Axel Witsel’s Italian agent reveals “the player said yes to Milan. They’re prepared to pay €20m, but Zenit want €30m.”

http://www.football-italia.net/68911/age...-yes-milan