AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer mercato 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-13-2015, 04:14 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Just found this on Goal.com, but haven't found other links to it...:

"Milan to swoop for Martial

AC Milan will pay Monaco €30 million for 19-year-old striker Anthony Martial.

Source: Sky Sport Italia
Saturday, June 13, 2015 12:40"

If we're spending 30m on Anthony Martial I'd rather buy that Serbian kid Mitrovic for a young striker. He's not worth 30mln, I'd pay roughly between 15-20m.

New reports (literally everywhere) say that If we fail to sign Ibra we'll try to sign Benzema. I'd personally like us to fail to sign Ibra lol. Im kidding, I'm not sure which I prefer, I think Ibra is a better player (he adds that dynamic of being able to support another striker, while also popping in 20-30 goals a season), but Benzema is clearly the more long term option.

In all honesty, I think Ibra is already in the bag. I don't want to jinx anything, but I'm optimistic. I'm excited, but what I'm really waiting for is to see who we're adding to the midfield. I'm sorry but mgmt has not smartened up very much if we go and buy Ibra AND Martinez for the attack, and the only midfielder we buy is Kondogbia. We need another good midfielder, whether young and talented like a Clasie or Vilhena, or someone already known like Gundogan, or even an older player like Alonso. As long as we add something more, realistically I'd only like to see ONE of Poli,Monty, NDJ(if he's still w us?), Bonaventura etc. on the pitch at the same time. They've all frustrated me (apart from Bonaventura) way too much.

In defence, if we're swapping Alex for that Gabriel Barbosa kid of Santos, I'd be more than happy with Miranda stepping in. Rami might be on his way to Monaco, and Mexes,Zap are questionable as to whether they'll still be with us, so I think two defenders is a realistic scenario. Thiago Silva and Miranda, am I starting to get too greedy? Big Grin

As for Jackson Martinez. Personally, as a 'prima punta' I think he's one of the best in the world no doubt. Physical, has good enough speed, can make a pass, good with his head, athletic, explosive on the turn, powerful shooting ability, flare in his finishing. There's a reason the press in Italy are making his signing such a big deal for us, because it simply is a big deal, he is the best striker in Italy, unless we sign Ibra too Big Grin

Newest reports say that we sill try to sign SAMIR NASRI to play as trequartista behind Ibra and Martinez. The only bad part about the article I read (calciomercato) is that it said we may include EL sha in the deal as man city are interested in him. Thoughts on Nasri? As big a name as he is, playing for city too, I've honestly never watched much of him.
Call me crazy but with his attitude, Nasri will only become Menez 2.0.
I know we are trying to build a super attack and everything, which is fine. I for one am sick and tired of watching the likes of Matri, Pazzini, Robinho (the one from after the first season) and Menez manning our attack. The only thing I have against signing someone like Nasri is, where do we put Bonaventura and Honda after that?

I think it is a foolish decision to let go of either guy. Bonaventura was like one of our best players from last season. And he is Italian, so he fits into the whole ItaMilan strategy too. Honda, on the other hand, is a cash cow for us. The guy practically pays his own salary with all the jerseys he sells in Asia. And brought us a bunch of endorsements. On the field, I can see both guys fitting nicely with Ibra and JM. Ibra likes midfielders who are good energetic runners, because it allows him more space to operate.

Nasri is certainly a very nice player, but Ibra's style might overlap with Nasri and therefore cause issues for them to co-exist. Nasri to me is really a better player to sign if Ibra deal doesn't happen.
(06-13-2015, 11:32 PM)Sputnik Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2015, 11:23 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]10 days ago:
Mexes and Paletta #fineasweare

I sure hope we don't wake up in September and realize the new investment was a dream or something

I was thinking about that. Wake up and realize it was all a common subconscious mercato high. And Bonera playing every match. Like the Matrix, only worse.

If it is a common subconscious mercato high, sure we can get it higher. Sign Messi and Ronaldo too Smile
(06-13-2015, 11:00 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like we're going for Santos' Lucas Lima. Trequartista, soon 25 years old, never played for Brazil NT. 5 mln euros.

That's the guy I mentioned in my post yesterday. He's considered to be a trequartista, but I bet if he comes to Europe, he'll be used as a mezzala. He has a tendency to drop deep to start moves and works a lot like a box to box midfielder from what I've seen. I'd be pretty excited if he joins (though admittedly I haven't watched him enough to feel certain he'll be a big success).

Apparently Mihajlovic wants Hummels as top priority for defence and Galliani will try for him, with Dortmund asking 30m. Thanks to Sputnik and nefremo for sharing your thoughts on Hummels, I actually agree with both of you about his weakness in terms of agility and to an extent mobility. Sputnik, I personally wouldn't go for Garay, I don't personally think he's that great. Godin's an excellent defender, but it seems Atletico are intent on keeping him and so I doubt he'll be cheap. He's also flawed like Hummels imo, as pace can be a particular weakness for him.

That's what it comes down to imo, that these days it's near impossible to get an outstanding defender in every regard. The best is Thiago Silva, who is an outstanding player, but even then has shown mental lapses when put under pressure in the past (e.g. getting too emotionally invested in the world cup).
New day, more rumours.

Mihajlovic want Hummels and we will pay €29 million, but face competition from Manchester United. Alternatives are Miranda, Godin or Maksimovic (requested by Mihajlovic).

Rami to PSG as part of Ibra-deal?

Bocchetti back to Russia.

Bonera may not renew.

Negotiating for Kondogbia, our offer starts at €25 million.

I totally forgot to mention Maksimovic. Very interesting player, had a great season at Torino.

As Sputnik and nefremo said, Hummels and a new partner would be great, Maksimovic could be that partner.
We have had money to buy WC players for only 1 week ... And we are already discussing whether this guy or another are good enough to join us ? Big Grin

Hummels is in the Top 5 (IMO, Top 3) of the best defenders in the world. He has some weaknesses, of course, but there is no more defender like Nesta or Maldini who are solid/WC in everything ...

I wouldn't discuss about Hummels coming or not but about the reason why Mexes is still in our club right now as well as the likes of Bonera or Zapata ...

Let's not forget who are our current defenders. If Hummels comes, even with one or two silly mistakes during the season, well, that will be a big upgrade compared to our 15-mistake-a-year defenders ...

Jackson Martinez, Kondogbia (bye bye De Jong ?) and Hummels. Add another midfielder (sad not to see names like De Bruyne linked to us ... But we're probably already used to get big names now whereas we only signed one guy ?! Ahah), then guys like Bertolacci or Mauri.
About Ibra, I don't really care but if he joins us, we already know he'll score 20+ goals and as a consequence, he will give us at least 15 sure wins alone against the small sides. With other good/WC players, then, we'll compete with Juventus, Roma, Lazio and Napoli ...

Actually, just to say, Berlusconi is a genius, he probably planned some years ago that he would sell parts of the club in 2015, that's why he made his all to avoid European competitions as it allows us to spend without thinking about FFP ...
Is Mihajlovic official yet? I see people writing he wants this player, he doesnt want that player, he requested this he was denied that... weird for a coach who has yet to sign anything
(06-14-2015, 02:33 PM)Stitch Wrote: [ -> ]Is Mihajlovic official yet? I see people writing he wants this player, he doesnt want that player, he requested this he was denied that... weird for a coach who has yet to sign anything

You have to remember that everything is rumor so far. We haven't signed a single player or appointed a new coach. Surely Mihajlovic must be on board already and Jackson might be in the bag too but a vast majority of the rumors are just the media having a field day just coz they have a great chance to do so.