AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-30-2022, 09:59 AM)Inas Wrote: [ -> ]See? That's why I say please teach me (or us, am sure there are others like me) how to reason out and agree with what the management is doing.

See how you laid out everything and rationalize why what they are doing is acceptable - indeed even desirable? Elliott would be proud of you. How, as Milan, we should be okay so long as we aren't fighting Relegation? Or we shouldn't worry about the likes of Roma because, well, we are 2nd in the league! So we have a covenant with all the clubs to let us stay 2nd even when they are strengthening and we not.

I/We have to learn from you.

Here....just read the below from SkyEdge and learn. 

And then stop misinterpreting everything I'm saying. Of course I want us to improve the squad. But i'm not gonna act like a child and get pissed when we don't blow money away on players because I've seen a youtube video of them and they look good. 
As the SkyEdge says, in 2 years, we are the team that has shown THE MOST progress in Italy. Yes, being 2nd, especially considering where we came from 2 years ago, counts. Will we stay there? I don't know. There is never a guarantee. And not if you sign Faivre, or Thiaw or Botman or whatever the fuk player in January. 
The one fact we have....and it's a damn fact, is that this management has improved the club (in all sectors, sporting and financial as well) and its standing in world football dramatically in 2 years. So yes, I will show trust in them after seeing their work the past 2 years. I am not going to kick and scream like a spoiled child because we didn't sign anyone. 
I said I definitely think we need addition in quality. Especially in the final 3rd. Maybe you missed that part. But if the right players and conditions are not available, it's not a disaster that we wait until the summer to make those adjustments. And yes, like it or not, our performance in the 1st part of the season and the position of the table surely matter a lot when making those assessments. There is zero need to panic or "to keep up with anyone" at this point of time. Those teams have their own problems and we have ours. Let's focus on us.

(01-30-2022, 11:21 AM)SkyEdge Wrote: [ -> ]Bro.. think about it this way.. hopefully u might have a different perspective after u hear me out.

What we AC Milan fans are feeling right now.. the anxiousness.. is understandable.. we are 2nd.. we have a good title shot.. our team has a few holes need to be plugged.. we all see it.. we hope for it.. and we get frustrated if nothing is being done.. totally understandable and relatable.. but if u recall.. just abt 2 years ago.. under Marco Giampaolo.. and right after MG was fired.. did anyone in their right minds.. would expect that Last Season it was AC Milan who finished 2nd..? And this year.. we are still in a tight title race and seems to be the only realistic contender for Inter..?

What im saying is.. in this short span of time.. a nightmare situation was overturned.. suddenly we seem to be closest contender for the title 2 seasons in a row.. we had a taste of UCL after being out for so long..

Just because we made tremendous progress, it doesnt mean Milan management should suddenly lose their self-control and go all out to get the title.. look at what happened to Inter last year.. do we want that for ourself just for immediate success?

Okmilan
(01-30-2022, 11:21 AM)SkyEdge Wrote: [ -> ]Bro.. think about it this way.. hopefully u might have a different perspective after u hear me out.

What we AC Milan fans are feeling right now.. the anxiousness.. is understandable.. we are 2nd.. we have a good title shot.. our team has a few holes need to be plugged.. we all see it.. we hope for it.. and we get frustrated if nothing is being done.. totally understandable and relatable.. but if u recall.. just abt 2 years ago.. under Marco Giampaolo.. and right after MG was fired.. did anyone in their right minds.. would expect that Last Season it was AC Milan who finished 2nd..? And this year.. we are still in a tight title race and seems to be the only realistic contender for Inter..?

What im saying is.. in this short span of time.. a nightmare situation was overturned.. suddenly we seem to be closest contender for the title 2 seasons in a row.. we had a taste of UCL after being out for so long..

Just because we made tremendous progress, it doesnt mean Milan management should suddenly lose their self-control and go all out to get the title.. look at what happened to Inter last year.. do we want that for ourself just for immediate success?

They should be able to put up more than 4-5M for Lazetic. 

Overall I like your post. It was obviously well thought out and you didn't just rant. But, Elliott should give more than 5M or authorize a loan or two.
SHOULD  we miss CL we have gone backwards.  Then what ? 
Will they open the purse then to get us back into top 4 or become even tighter ? 

And if we're not going to spend can they at least OK just 1 AM on loan. Atalanta are waving Miranchuk around for a loan. He would surely be more handy than current Diaz. 

The immediate success also means,  the longer we're top 4 the more viable Milan is and the sooner they get a big sale of the club to (hopefully) Louis Vuitton  Sagrin
Milan have set their sights on Lille’s Jonathan David and Real Sociedad’s Alexander Isak ahead of the summer transfer window.

So we're taking Lille's GK , best forward, best midfielder and best CB ? They're going to hate us like Fiorentina hate Jube!

Milan are interested in making a last minute move for Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli.

both reported by GdS
Does anyone else not get concerned by Isak? 

4 goals....4 mofo goals  in crappy La Liga! 

I know, I know number's can deceive but he has the same amount of goals as Theo. Come on , Theo! 

He has less than Pedro, Destro, Candreva and Kebab. 

We need someone prolific  , so out of those two I would go David. (13 goals in a crappy Lille side and counting).
Jonathan David is class, but he’s a 60-70m player. Thats way too much.
I guess the striker position will depend on Ibra retiring or not.
I can see us loan Lazetic next season and get Belotti. Ibra, Giroud and Belotti. At least its an upgrade over this season.
According to the latest from Daniele Longo of Calciomercato.com, Milan have spoken with Giovani Lo Celso in recent days and there could yet be further developments regarding the Argentine international between now and tomorrow’s deadline of 19:00 CET.
(01-30-2022, 12:58 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]They should be able to put up more than 4-5M for Lazetic. 

Overall I like your post. It was obviously well thought out and you didn't just rant. But, Elliott should give more than 5M or authorize a loan or two.
SHOULD  we miss CL we have gone backwards.  Then what ? 
Will they open the purse then to get us back into top 4 or become even tighter ? 

And if we're not going to spend can they at least OK just 1 AM on loan. Atalanta are waving Miranchuk around for a loan. He would surely be more handy than current Diaz. 

The immediate success also means,  the longer we're top 4 the more viable Milan is and the sooner they get a big sale of the club to (hopefully) Louis Vuitton  Sagrin

I wonder which players you have in mind. We don't know what was authorized and what wasn't. Could be a matter of our 1st choice picks were simply not available (at a reasonable/market value). 

If we go with the players we were most seriosuly linked to (please add any i'm maybe forgetting):
-Botman: rumors were all over the place, but there was Newcastle offering probably insane transfer + wages package...and then there was us. Not sure what Elliot authorized, but also Lille's demands to sell mid-season (knowing they'll habe more buyers for sure in the summer) were likely very very high. It was never a likely transfer mod-season...unless ypu totally break the bank.
-Thiaw: clear interest and apparently nefotiations...but again...if the argument is that we need help NOW in order to keep our position at the table...then was he going to help? I don't know. I expressed my thoughts on this one and also criticized management for missing out on a player for 2mil, if that was true.
-Kulusevski: Again, not 1st choice or choice at all. It was an offer from Juventus/Kulu's agents and it wad their terms or nothing. My opinion is we dodged a bullet. And seeing the numbers that Tottemham is paying makes me think that even more.
Renato Sanches: Now we are dipping into media talk territory. I'm sure there's interest. But signing players like him in January is difficult, expensive, and the other team also has to get a replacement. This is also a team that is still in the CL and still has a legit chance to get back to the CL next year. But back ti the 1st sentence....this is a repeat name of the media. Every transfer window it comes up.
-Faivre: Honestly...I think our interest ended in September. The rest was media talk. I think it was him or Adli. We went for Adli after all that happened with his behavior and Brest's stance.

And that's it. The rest is us throwing names out there.

On Miranchuk, I will disagree with your comment that "he'll be more handy than Diaz". What has he done? He's been an absolute atriocity at Atalanta. So much so, that as you said, "they are waving him around" and STILL having trouble getring rid of him.
(01-30-2022, 01:38 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: [ -> ]According to the latest from Daniele Longo of Calciomercato.com, Milan have spoken with Giovani Lo Celso in recent days and there could yet be further developments regarding the Argentine international between now and tomorrow’s deadline of 19:00 CET.

Not sure what happened to this player. I thought he showed so much talent a few years back. He's either stagnated or is in the wrong environment. But at the moment, someone like him is the likeliest transfer. Someone not doing well at their current club with a need for change of scenery. Should we be signing players like this? I'm not sure, but i'd go for him on a loan as long as there are no ibligations attached to it.
(01-30-2022, 11:54 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]None seem ready. 

Not Roback, not Capone, not Traore,  not Alesi. And The one who seemed it was just sold for 2M.
Stagna? Well can't say anything about him since he only played a few minutes but since Calabria,  Florenzi and Kalulu are in front of him it doesn't matter.

no 1 will look ready if you dont give them chances, 1 to 5 games with just 5mnt each game is not giving chances imo, play them as a sub from the 2nd half or better yet gamble on them and play from the start than we will be able to see how they made of
(01-30-2022, 01:38 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]
I wonder which players you have in mind
. We don't know what was authorized and what wasn't. Could be a matter of our 1st choice picks were simply not available (at a reasonable/market value). 

If we go with the players we were most seriosuly linked to (please add any i'm maybe forgetting):
-Botman: rumors were all over the place, but there was Newcastle offering probably insane transfer + wages package...and then there was us. Not sure what Elliot authorized, but also Lille's demands to sell mid-season (knowing they'll habe more buyers for sure in the summer) were likely very very high. It was never a likely transfer mod-season...unless ypu totally break the bank.
-Thiaw: clear interest and apparently nefotiations...but again...if the argument is that we need help NOW in order to keep our position at the table...then was he going to help? I don't know. I expressed my thoughts on this one and also criticized management for missing out on a player for 2mil, if that was true.
-Kulusevski: Again, not 1st choice or choice at all. It was an offer from Juventus/Kulu's agents and it wad their terms or nothing. My opinion is we dodged a bullet. And seeing the numbers that Tottemham is paying makes me think that even more.
Renato Sanches: Now we are dipping into media talk territory. I'm sure there's interest. But signing players like him in January is difficult, expensive, and the other team also has to get a replacement. This is also a team that is still in the CL and still has a legit chance to get back to the CL next year. But back ti the 1st sentence....this is a repeat name of the media. Every transfer window it comes up.
-Faivre: Honestly...I think our interest ended in September. The rest was media talk. I think it was him or Adli. We went for Adli after all that happened with his behavior and Brest's stance.

And that's it. The rest is us throwing names out there.

On Miranchuk, I will disagree with your comment that "he'll be more handy than Diaz". What has he done? He's been an absolute atriocity at Atalanta. So much so, that as you said, "they are waving him around" and STILL having trouble getring rid of him.

I wouldn't of minded having a look at Martial.  Loan to Sevilla. He would of given options up forward and possibly Van De Beek.  

N'dombele could be a look for a loan plus option possibility.

The other one that I think you yourself raised (sorry if I'm wrong) was Pepe at Arsenal.

All of those guy's flopped in the EPL but maybe they will succeed here. Just one or two of them anyway. My preferred would of been Pepe and possibly Van De Beek.

But the point is , I think there's plenty of guy's who are potentially available now that might be able to help.
Maybe we asked about them, maybe not.We don't know.

Miranchuk has been OK hasn't he ? A goal or two and a few assists ? Oh well, maybe I am wrong.