AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-01-2022, 02:03 AM)ACMmike Wrote: [ -> ]Unless Madrid want 12-15m to make Diaz move permanent I'd be satisfied moving him on end of season. We need a REAL #10, Adli shows more promise to be that player than Diaz tbh.

Big NO to Belotti. He has literally only had 1 single good season. Even at the Euro cup he did nothing and had enough cameos to show his worth on that stage.

Right now,  I would be inclined to send Diaz back no matter the amount. 

Belotti is  the quintessential Milan signing right now but I don't think he is right for us. He should take the money and run to Toronto.
One positive,  at least Napoli didn't really strengthen either who will likely be direct competition with us for 2-4.

Lazio didn't strengthen either.
(01-27-2022, 08:01 PM)ensar7 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it True that we are changing Kessie with Dybala??? OMG that would be fantastic. We are getting the missing player in front. Dybala and Leao on the side and Ibra/Girou/Lazetic in front. And Salesmaker can sit down and wait. I don't like him. He is not the sort of player for Milan

(02-01-2022, 06:24 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]One positive,  at least Napoli didn't really strengthen either who will likely be direct competition with us for 2-4.

Lazio got Jovane Cabral. Kids had lots of injuries but if he can sort that out and get his head right, he's a star winger. quick with the ball at his feet and hits a mean ball. at peak he quite often catches teams out cutting in and hitting top corner within a few steps
(02-01-2022, 07:11 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]Lazio got Jovane Cabral. Kids had lots of injuries but if he can sort that out and get his head right, he's a star winger. quick with the ball at his feet and hits a mean ball. at peak he quite often catches teams out cutting in and hitting top corner within a few steps

I wouldn't of minded him. Send them Saladmaker in return. 

Lazio still needed more though.
(02-01-2022, 06:24 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]One positive,  at least Napoli didn't really strengthen either who will likely be direct competition with us for 2-4.

Napoli didn't required any big signings or have any shortage of players at a given position(maybe CB) unlike us. They are still stronger team on paper comapred to us.
(02-01-2022, 08:38 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Napoli didn't required any big signings or have any shortage of players at a given position(maybe CB) unlike us. They are still stronger team on paper comapred to us.

CB and I think LB is similar to us, other than Mario Rui they're back up isn't what he should be. But, they also didn't strengthen which is key as well.
We were kind of linked to him:  Pierre Aubameyang will be joining Barcelona from Arsenal for free.
In his column for MilanNews, Anto Vitiello describes the last month as a ‘wasted chance to improve the squad and shore up some important departments’ that was ultimately not taken, as only Marko Lazetic arrived from Red Star to replace Pietro Pellegri as the third choice striker.

“It is assumed that the management considers the team already competitive as well, and has repeatedly stated this publicly. Paolo Maldini and Frederic Massara think that this group, with the return of the injured players, can do well until the end of the season,” he said.

Therefore, not intervening in a concrete way during the winter mercato is a ‘calculated risk’ from the offices of Casa Milan, and only the finish at the end of the season will tell if this strategy was right or wrong.
Pellegatti:
The reason for lack of signings in January was that management has allocated the available funds towards renewals. The priority is to renew the likes of Gabbia and Theo immediately, and a final attempt will be made with Kessie. Summer targets will be Botman and Sanches, if Ibra were to leave they can expect a big striker signing.
(02-01-2022, 05:45 PM)ACMmike Wrote: [ -> ]Pellegatti:
The reason for lack of signings in January was that management has allocated the available funds towards renewals. The priority is to renew the likes of Gabbia and Theo immediately, and a final attempt will be made with Kessie. Summer targets will be Botman and Sanches, if Ibra were to leave they can expect a big striker signing.

If Ibra were to leave... We need a top striker anyway. It's easy to see that we can't rely on Ibra and/or Giroud and next season even less so.