AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2018-2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
God damn. I know 40mil in today's market is not that much money....but we seriously need to stop spending all of our money on strikers.
I mean...are we watching a different game than these so called football experts that are in charge of Milan???? Can nobody fuking see that this midfield is trash??? Can nobody see that we don't have ANY pace in this team and we only have ONE player that can actually take a player on?? Can they not see that we have close to ZERO creativity coming out of the midfield?? The technical level of our midfield is below mid-table standards. YET, somehow, we are willing to pay 40+mil for Piatek apparently.

Fine, we will need a striker if Higuain leaves. Fine, spend 40mil on Piatek. But all of that is only ok if we have plans to invest in the midfield/wings. Otherwise, there is going to be no end to this suffering.
Genoa are waiting for the right offer from Milan for Piatek (€40M+bonuses) and would accept a loan with obligation to buy [Di Marzio]

Higuain-Morata swap deal between Milan and Chelsea is still on the cards but Atletico Madrid and Sevilla are interested in the Spaniard [Di Marzio]

Antonio Donnarumma is on his way out of Milan and could join Olympiacos, according to Sky

Milan have put their hands on Sporting Lisbon Tiago Djalo whose contract expires in June. They are looking to bring him immediately [Sky]

Balotelli closer to Marseille
(01-15-2019, 11:56 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Fine, we will need a striker if Higuain leaves. Fine, spend 40mil on Piatek. But all of that is only ok if we have plans to invest in the midfield/wings. Otherwise, there is going to be no end to this suffering.

True dat
and for the record

I'd much rather Piatek than Morata
(01-16-2019, 12:31 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Genoa are waiting for the right offer from Milan for Piatek (€40M+bonuses) and would accept a loan with obligation to buy [Di Marzio]

Higuain-Morata swap deal between Milan and Chelsea is still on the cards but Atletico Madrid and Sevilla are interested in the Spaniard [Di Marzio]

Antonio Donnarumma is on his way out of Milan and could join Olympiacos, according to Sky

Milan have put their hands on Sporting Lisbon Tiago Djalo whose contract expires in June. They are looking to bring him immediately [Sky]

Balotelli closer to Marseille

Please no!

Good! One more wood duck on the way out.

He looks decent but ultimately I think he's gathering interest for a pay rise. He's been asking for more money since december and is still in negotiations with the club regarding a new deal. 
There's also interest from City, West Ham and Lazio. City will just keep loaning him off hoping to make money. West Ham is west ham. Lazio would be a not bad move. We could offer the fact we're investing in youth and potentially get senior game time earlier.
That being said, he would get senior game time even earlier if he stays put.
(01-15-2019, 11:56 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Fine, we will need a striker if Higuain leaves. Fine, spend 40mil on Piatek. But all of that is only ok if we have plans to invest in the midfield/wings. Otherwise, there is going to be no end to this suffering.

100%
Unfortunately I think we're stuck having to spend the $$ on Piatek but we most definitely need investment in a Cm and LW. Especially considering the rumours about Hakan going. Means we're left with Borini/Laxalt for LW.
I've never watched Piatek play so i can't comment on his quality. But the general direction of this move isn't terrible. Given the FPP climate, this team will not be able to shell out the big bucks needed to bring in a ton of world class players to instantly challenge for CL. As such, we need to embrace a full rebuild from the ground up. Players like Higuain are high quality, but as we have seen, he wasn't able to do too much on his own without similar high quality players surrounding him. We need to focus on young players who fit into our timelines much better and go from there.
(01-16-2019, 02:02 AM)slifersd Wrote: [ -> ]I've never watched Piatek play so i can't comment on his quality. But the general direction of this move isn't terrible. Given the FPP climate, this team will not be able to shell out the big bucks needed to bring in a ton of world class players to instantly challenge for CL. As such, we need to embrace a full rebuild from the ground up. Players like Higuain are high quality, but as we have seen, he wasn't able to do too much on his own without similar high quality players surrounding him.  We need to focus on young players who fit into our timelines much better and go from there.

worst case and he's average we wont lose too much money. Say we spent 40m on Morata(likely it would be more) and he flopped again, how much would we be able to sell him for?
FFP climate requires finding 18 years old or so for 10 million and then hopefully having a star and perhaps selling for 50+ when he is 25. I don't mean this as an anti Piatek but 40 for 23 years old is not really FFP helpful.
(01-16-2019, 02:11 AM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]FFP climate requires finding 18 years old or so for 10 million and then hopefully having a star and perhaps selling for 50+ when he is 25. I don't mean this as an anti Piatek but 40 for 23 years old is not really FFP helpful.

It's more of a we got ourselves in a situation and we need to find a solution