AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2018-2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-31-2019, 03:26 PM)millinarios Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid if we panic buy again we'll just end up with more fodder in our squad... Honestly I don't know any of these names surfacing today.

Even though this is the time when some teams do panic buys, I don't think signing up and coming 20-21 year olds with plenty of youth international matches are just that. To me it shows that while we need reinforcements now we're still also able to think about the future.
According to SportItalia there were rumours that Napoli's Verdi and Sampdoria's Defrel had been offered to us. Seems like Verdi's agent at least denies that link.
(01-31-2019, 05:03 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]According to SportItalia there were rumours that Napoli's Verdi and Sampdoria's Defrel had been offered to us. Seems like Verdi's agent at least denies that link.

Verdi's name at least sounds familiar... Would not mind him on loan.
I don't see anything wrong with Nkunku, from what I know about him, won't call him fodder at all.
Even Saint-Maximin, at least is a 21 year old, beats making signings like Vangioni (don't forget was late 20s when he came) and management pretending they found a good player.
I don't mind Verdi, but when will the market close? I reckon it will be very soon?
What time does the market officially close?
Looked like Carrasco might have been a deadline day surprise. Too bad it didn't work out, but in all honesty I think we should sell Hakan this summer then look into a proper LW. If we make CL we'll have money to spend $$.
Instead of buying deadwood, rather keep going on with the current roster. We have to sell Hakan first
It's disappointing not to get a LW. It really would have given us a big boost. But when things aren't right, they are not right. Yes, any good young winger with upside would have been better than Borini/Hakan, but no sense in just getting anyone in. This is how you bloat up thr squad/wage bill and get in trouble. One of these guys (Hakan/Borini) should have left, but since they didn't we e are where we are.

Still, I think we have what it takes to be 4th. It obviously would have been better with an actual good LW playing as a LW.

Maybe Samu can make the step up though. He gets a lot of grief, but I think he was good against Napoli and hopefully gets more opportunities and keeps getting better.
i agree that it could have been even sweeter, but i am overall very happy with this mercato. paqueta is such a gem, and replacing that fat fuck higuain with anybody is a victory, let alone that polish gunner piatek seems very promising.

i understand that we have also signed a few good players for the primavera. who knows? maybe they will turn out really good in a few years.

i am confident with the prospect of us reaching 4th at the end of the season. i still don't trust gattuso very much, but just like bakayoko, maybe we shouldn't just write him off easily. the same goes to hakan and kessie (yes, i know nefremo will call me crazy). Icon_lol2