AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2018-2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-20-2019, 10:07 PM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]Doing it the BVB way. Slow and steady but once we're back at the top, we're there for good and we'd be financially profitable. 

A new stadium is a must to be able to add some more revenue to the club.

But BVB had Klopp. We have Gattuso. Thats the difference.
Milan are on the verge of signing of Arnaut Groeneveld from Club Brugge for around €10M but the deal formula has not been defined yet. It’s possible that Milan leave him at Brugge for the rest of the season and sign a more ready profile for the winger position [@Sport_Mediaset]
I'd rather go for Di Maria lol
another Zapata is doing impressive at Atalanta.
(01-21-2019, 04:30 AM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]another Zapata is doing impressive at Atalanta.

His cousin
(01-20-2019, 04:24 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Well said.  I still believe Maldini was right in wanting Ozil

We need an Ozil...but should it be THE Ozil?
The guy has so much baggage and I'm not even talking about his salary

I mean if we get him...I'll be thrilled....but I would be thrilled in the same way I was when we got Higuain....Thrilled but worried about his baggage.
(01-19-2019, 12:32 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Cesare Prandelli say Piatek is the most complete striker he has been working with and that he could certainly see him play for Real Madrid, Barcelona or Milan.

https://www.football-italia.net/133469/p...te-striker

Also I want to address something....why the fuck are people calling Piatek "complete"
For me, Higuain is what I would describe as complete....Higuain can finish off chances AND make his own space to shoot with his dribbling, control and fakes.....Piatek looks to be very similar in the mould of a "pure finisher" which is NOT complete. He finishes off chances already heading in the general direction of the goal....So other than him being a noticeably better shooter than Cutrone.....I can't see at this time what is he adding to Milan.

Without a proper LW or, indeed Ozil his coming could just add to our frustrations. He isn't particularly fast, or strong or a tricky striker who can hold on to the ball to create for others....nervous  Confused
So I don't know if I'm right....but I always think of Strikers and Center Forwards differently. Example....Striker (ST) = Cutrone, Center Forward (CF) = Higuain. ST = Inzaghi, CF = Sheva.
Don't really care about Prandelli comments too much to be honest, but I believe he means that Piątek is a complete Striker in his opinion. In that sense, a complete Striker = able to score with the right, left, head, inside the box, outside the box, one touch finishes, 2-3 touch finishes, etc. For me, it's all about finishing when talking about a Striker.
When talking about a CF, then you start bringing combining, dribbling, creating your own opportunities, etc, into the equation on top of finishing.

Having said all that, I have no idea if Piatek is a complete striker or not. Haven't seen enough to judge. To me, from what I've seen, he seems like an average player that had an unreal 4-5 months. But, I've only seen Genoa play maybe 3 times this season, so I'm not one to talk. I was very worried when the 50/60mil price tag was being thrown around. But, in losing Higuain, saving the 9mil from the loan, saving on Higuain's massive salary....35mil may not be so much...and it'll especially be nothing if this guy can continue scoring even at half the rate he is doing now.

Still, the priority for me is the midfield and the left wing. Let's see what happens.
(01-20-2019, 02:20 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't buy this. Why would Leonardo spend several days negotiating for Piatek if Gazidis wouldn't have sanctioned the move.

This Gazidis thing keeps coming up about every player we are linked to. Not sure what exactly is going on, but as a CEO, Gazidis should keep himself out of the players we are following. Of course, he can step in if he sees something fishy going on, but fact of the matter is that Leonardo, Maldini and Moncada are responsible for the sporting sector. Where Gazidis has a say, is the money we spend. He has to keep everything in control.

TBH I agree & do not buy any of the Leonardo/Gazidis issues. I think they're all media made lol.

On a separate note, how did Ozil come up was their any links? That would be amazing...
There was a rumor that he was offered to us and that Maldini wanted him but Gazidis said no.

As Drucurl said, we need a player of Ozil's creativity and imagination in the final third. The question is, do we need Ozil himself.
There really is something to be said about motivation in football. Ozil will demand a massive salary. Likely to be in the 7-10mil (net) range. Let's just say that he'll cost us about 15mil a year for his salary alone. A 4 year deal means that we will spend about 60mil on him.
I'm just saying we need to be a little smarter with these 30+ year olds, "been thee done that", type of players.

I think we need to go for players that are in their prime or ones that are about to be in their prime. Hungry players with a point to prove. I really don't see Ozil as that type of player and I'm really afraid of another Bonucci/Higuain situation where we spend millions yet no better then we were before.
(01-21-2019, 05:03 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]So I don't know if I'm right....but I always think of Strikers and Center Forwards differently. Example....Striker (ST) = Cutrone, Center Forward (CF) = Higuain. ST = Inzaghi, CF = Sheva.
Don't really care about Prandelli comments too much to be honest, but I believe he means that Piątek is a complete Striker in his opinion. In that sense, a complete Striker = able to score with the right, left, head, inside the box, outside the box, one touch finishes, 2-3 touch finishes, etc. For me, it's all about finishing when talking about a Striker.
When talking about a CF, then you start bringing combining, dribbling, creating your own opportunities, etc, into the equation on top of finishing.

Having said all that, I have no idea if Piatek is a complete striker or not. Haven't seen enough to judge. To me, from what I've seen, he seems like an average player that had an unreal 4-5 months. But, I've only seen Genoa play maybe 3 times this season, so I'm not one to talk. I was very worried when the 50/60mil price tag was being thrown around. But, in losing Higuain, saving the 9mil from the loan, saving on Higuain's massive salary....35mil may not be so much...and it'll especially be nothing if this guy can continue scoring even at half the rate he is doing now.

Still, the priority for me is the midfield and the left wing. Let's see what happens.

I get what you're saying but to me (and only me I guess) "Complete" means "able to score in many circumstances"
This mean that:
- You should have some decent dribbling ability/ close control in order to beat a defender or three to create space for your shot
- You should have decent speed/Strength to get past or shield the ball well for someone making a late run
- You are also a good passer/crosser
- You can shoot from practically anywhere.

If you don't have these things how could you be complete? You can only be limited - i.e. dependent on the chances the team creates.
In this regard, how is he any different to Cutrone? Huh He seems a more accurate shooter but what about when he doesn't have the space to shoot? Can he create it for himself? Or will he be at the mercy of Grintuso's tactics....which translates into HOPING that one of Suso/Paq/Hakan can spot his run? Or perhaps a good cross from RR/Conti....but if a n00b like me can see this don't you think the opposing coaches can prepare for this?

Hate to beat the dead horse/drum but this is why I see Andre Silva coming back as really helpful. He mightn't be world class or even great but he CAN beat the defender on the dribble....he CAN hold on to the ball and he CAN shoot from distance. Silva isn't particularly fast, but he's much faster than Cutrone and will add a tiny bit of that dimension to us.

Is Piatek more productive and arguably BETTER than him right now? SURE.....but he's playing with Kouame and Pandev who can do the things I mentioned above. Which striker is doing that for us? If we get that dutch winger though I'll sleep much easier  Okmilan