AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2018-2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder what kind of cash it would take to sign Fabregas and Godin in the winter.

Godin, Fabregas and Ibrahimovic added to Paqueta is a pretty good winter market. I would think those additions will be coupled with some departures like those of Mauri, Montolivo, Bertolacci.
Their contracts are set expired in 2019 (Ibrahimovic: December 31, 2019), but any cash spent on transfer fee now (if we go ahead) would be worthy investment, considering the potential reward in CL money. Also, when they become "free", there will be more fierce competition for their signature and in the end, I bet we will have to pay even higher salary after all.

I still remember when Galliani was choosing between Jorginho and Essien a few seasons ago. Jorginho would cost us close to 10M transfer fee while Essien would come for free; yet Jorginho demanded a very modest salary (1M?) while Essien was on a fat retirement package. Stupidly, Galliani chose Essien who generated nothing in return, and in fact cost more when you consider the total cost. Imagine we went for Jorginho... half of our midfield problems would go away.
(11-28-2018, 10:32 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]We may have to go to our ATM and withdraw some cash!  Sagrin

LoL Sagrin Sagrin
(11-28-2018, 04:36 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]With an Inter guy there what are the chances? Big Grin

Lets ask for Griezman instead, loan with option to buy Devilcool
The data center and server had an issue- not fully sure what yet, which made the site go down. Up time has been excellent the last 5 years or so, hopefully this was an isolated case, sorry everybody
Thanks, Reza, but why is this in the Winter Mercato thread? Big Grin
(11-29-2018, 04:43 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what kind of cash it would take to sign Fabregas and Godin in the winter.

Godin, Fabregas and Ibrahimovic added to Paqueta is a pretty good winter market. I would think those additions will be coupled with some departures like those of Mauri, Montolivo, Bertolacci.

I like Mauri I would keep him for a little while longer
(11-29-2018, 09:38 PM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]I like Mauri I would keep him for a little while longer

agreed. He's not great but he's better than Bertolacci and he fights hard.
Milan’s primary objective for the defence this January is Christensen. Negotiations between Chelsea and Milan have been ongoing for some time and both clubs are optimistic. [Gazzetta]

Zlatan has a clear idea of his future. He wants to return to Milan and has been working towards this for some time now. He is now waiting for a call from Leonardo to give the final acceleration for the deal. [Gazzetta]
I don't know guys. Mauri's been pretty bad every time he's played with the only exception being yesterday...and it's not like the opposition was any good.

The thing is, he can be useful for games like yesterday or the first couple of rounds in the Copa Italia. That's about 4-5 games a season where he can step in and give someone a break. He doesn't make much so the salary is not a problem. In that sense. it's ok for him to stay. But if we can sell him for 5mil or so, then I think it's much better to take the money and reinvest rather then keep a player that's only usefull for 4-5 games a year.