AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2018-2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Things are not black and white. Maybe we are both wrong.
Either way, we lost our credibility.
(01-16-2019, 01:00 PM)winstonwolfe Wrote: [ -> ]Things are not black and white. Maybe we are both wrong.
Either way, we lost our credibility.

You are making assumptions based on very limited information. To you we have lost credibility because we might not sign Higuain as we agreed to, - yet we have no idea if Higuain was supposed to assume a bigger responsibility off the field, and be more of a leader than he has turned out to be. It wouldn’t be too far fetched given his salary, and perhaps he hasn’t lived up to his part of the deal. The management are clearly not happy with the him either.

The point is we don’t know the whole truth and we don’t know how the football world will interpret Higuain’s departure either.   

The root question was; if you are so unhappy with the prospect of signing Piatek, who would be a better replacement for Higuain than Piatek in your opinion, given our current situation?
Who cares what Higuain thinks or how he feels? I know I will stop supporting him the minute he is out. He is a loser and mentally weak. We paid a lot of money for him and put a lot of responsibility on his shoulders but it just seems that he can't handle. We need him to score a lot of goals, and he got beat by a barely 20-year old. He can't even stay away from cards? What a loser!

Unlike many other players that don't play for us, I didn't have much respect for this guy. I would be upset (that he ruined our season, particularly if he ran away midseason), but I won't shed a tear.
Hey guys.. what about if we make our own A.C. Milan fans' TV YouTube channel? Similar to AFTV.

I think we have enough interesting characters with diverse opinions here.....and inasmuch as our club is still in the banter era ... We might as well get paid for the veracity of our arguments. I think we could pull it off. Let me know
(01-16-2019, 01:39 PM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]You are making assumptions based on very limited information. To you we have lost credibility because we might not sign Higuain as we agreed to, - yet we have no idea if Higuain was supposed to assume a bigger responsibility off the field, and be more of a leader than he has turned out to be. It wouldn’t be too far fetched given his salary, and perhaps he hasn’t lived up to his part of the deal. The management are clearly not happy with the him either.

The point is we don’t know the whole truth and we don’t know how the football world will interpret Higuain’s departure either.   

The root question was; if you are so unhappy with the prospect of signing Piatek, who would be a better replacement for Higuain than Piatek in your opinion, given our current situation?

I am not unhappy about signing Piatek. I am unhappy that management did not identified where the problems are. Problem no 1 is in midfield and not upfront. Upfront we have a deadly finisher, one of the best in the world. And he will show it once again in Chelsea. We can have Messi and Ronaldo both, but if midfield is bad, the outcome will be the same. 

Problem no 2 is Gattuso, who simply is way over his head with this.
(01-16-2019, 02:37 PM)winstonwolfe Wrote: [ -> ]I am not unhappy about signing Piatek. I am unhappy that management did not identified where the problems are. Problem no 1 is in midfield and not upfront. Upfront we have a deadly finisher, one of the best in the world. And he will show it once again in Chelsea. We can have Messi and Ronaldo both, but if midfield is bad, the outcome will be the same. 

Problem no 2 is Gattuso, who simply is way over his head with this.

Yes, up until recently our no. 1 problem was the midfield, right until it became clear that our star signing of the summer wants to leave. 
I do not believe in the notion that Higuain is blameless for his bad run here. Plenty of other strikers are able to outscore him in the league, and are we really meant to believe that Genoa, Sampdoria, Atalanta, Torino or Empoli all have better creative players than us?

There is no way that we can aspire for a top 4 position with just Cutrone, Borini and Castillejo as our striker options, so Leo and Maldini have to sort out our striker issue before anything else. This is a very unwelcome distraction, which I hope won’t derail the entire window. 

On a positive note, if we can land Piatek, and if he doesn’t falter completely then this deal might be a blessing in disguise. Without Higuain’s wage package we can afford to pay a suitable creative midfielder more.

--

I agree with you completely on the issue with Gattuso. He is a mediocre coach at best who is not suited for this challenge tactically. I would love to have him as an Assistant Manager to an experienced manager like Conte, because he does seem to have a strong bond with the players.
what if all those stories are not real since Higuain has not said anything.  haha Devilcool
(01-16-2019, 03:07 PM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]what if all those stories are not real since Higuain has not said anything.  haha Devilcool

Well it's a fact that he is not present on the team photo...
(01-16-2019, 03:07 PM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]what if all those stories are not real since Higuain has not said anything.  haha Devilcool

I’d be very surprised if Gattuso had made his comments, if there was nothing to the story.
Higuain is most likely keeping quiet because it is a complicated deal and it can still fall through.
(01-16-2019, 03:14 PM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]I’d be very surprised if Gattuso had made his comments, if there was nothing to the story.
Higuain is most likely keeping quiet because it is a complicated deal and it can still fall through.

Well, journalists ask questions, Gattuso answers ... It's just that in the reports, we don't have the questions, just what Gattuso said. Smile